Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Pete Rose...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PragmaticDoc
Msg: 23
Pete Rose...Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
The Mantle comment means exactly what it says. in no way do i not say Pujols isn't great, he is just like Mantle, he can hit for avg, power, rbi's, he can run if needed and play his position with gusto even if he isn't the best fielder. Pujols is this generations Mantle without a drinking problem. I just think that Pete's ability as a different type of player is just as great on top of making everyone on the team better and try harder. I don't see that in Pujols. I don't see him being a leader, he is a stat machine. I do wonder how great Mantle would have been without the beer, whiskey, and poor upkeep of his body. I can only go by what is written and the drunken words of a grandfather who idolized him.
 dwayne88
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Pete Rose...
Posted: 8/24/2011 1:27:03 PM
Pujols has been a good defensive 1st baseman. Cept for this year, but this has been either an off year, or a sign of things to come with him.

Mantle was also a very good Centerfielder. Just not to the level of Mays.

And I don't think you can compare the ability of Mantle, Pujols and Rose when it comes to running.

Mickey kept alot of his speed for most of his prime, and he was one of the fastest players in the game when he came in.

And I don't see how Albert isn't a leader.

The team goes with how he's playing.
 nipoleon
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Pete Rose...
Posted: 8/25/2011 1:58:42 AM
The record book is the ultimate hall of fame.
Pete Rose will forever have his accomplishments recorded for everyone to see.

Any player who is proven to taking performance enhancing drugs should have there records expunged from the book.
That would end drug use in athletics over night.
The whole reason for taking performance enhancing drugs is to improve performance. No athlete would dare risk having that performance erased forever.
 DartmouthRunner
Msg: 26
Pete Rose...
Posted: 8/26/2011 10:39:27 AM

Any player who is proven to taking performance enhancing drugs should have there records expunged from the book.

That would be the perfect punishment for taking performance enhancing drugs. It would be far more effective than suspensions or fines. If a player knows that they could possibly be erased from the history books in any sport, they would be less likely to take the drugs.
 Jake52177
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Pete Rose...
Posted: 8/26/2011 5:36:04 PM
Before roids there was speed pills, greenies if you will. Mike Schmidt said he cant judge them because he used the steroid of his day. Thats a real man for you.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Pete Rose...