Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > what is so wrong with a single dad?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 26
what is so wrong with a single dad?Page 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I just LOVE these threads...

Oohhh, I can't get a date cuz: I am a single parent! lol

that never stopped anyone from dating.

how the hell do you figure we have so many 2nd marriages???

cuz people DO date single parents/dads.

you are failing to recognize the fact that the reason the person does not want to date you is because they are not attracted nor interested to/in you...

duh..
 doggle65
Msg: 27
what is so wrong with a single dad?
Posted: 8/23/2011 1:17:36 PM
Quoting Sammiejuk on this topic ...
f they are not mature enough to respect that you are a single father, then they are not mature enough to be worthy of your time. There are plenty of women out there who wouldn't bat an eye lid at the fact that you are a single father, most of them will be single mothers as they will have a greater appreciation of your situation. I wouldn't worry, your miss right is out there somewhere.

Now from her own Thread "I'm a single mom and dam proud"
am a single mother to 3 beautiful children, a 13 year old and 6 year old twins. The father left me for another woman when I was 4 months pregnant with the twins and he has only ever met them once.

I have brought my children up on my own for nearly 7 years now (although I did have a boyfriend for a lot of this time I never lived with him)

I work full time in a respectable job and do not rely on the state to help me bring up my children. My children are well mannered and are all doing exceptionally well at school and all have what I hope to be very bright futures ahead of them.
 Tinfang
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/23/2011 3:29:38 PM
I'm a single Dad, I didn't date from 1 yr old to 6 years. There is simply not enough time in the day to work, provide, meet and then plan dates. Then again I didn't have family or friends to help. This was my choice as I moved to where the jobs were.
Some people (not just women) have problems with the kids thing. It's about the roles, the lifestyle and the commitment.

Also, you don't have to sell, you don't have to pretend or be on good behavior (only if your self esteem about who you really are is low I guess).
I would agree the kids are out of the picture until you get to know someone.
 doggle65
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/23/2011 6:47:14 PM
Yeah, but the problem is you meet so many women like sammiejuk...3 wedlock kids by two different men who have nothing to do with any of them...that's a HELL OF ALOT of damn bacon to provide for and no matter how you slice it besides not being rude or mean but her passionate making love or wild making love days are way behind her....most of past 7 years just F'ing a guy sure tells alot obout VERY lopsided priorities so all she's got left is to be a cougar or hopes of stealing a married man just like Karen Sypher did with Rick Pitino.
 dimond30
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/23/2011 7:11:52 PM
Theres nothing wrong with a single dad. Mater of fact. Yall single dads need more respect for it. same as single moms. I respect single dads cause they know how hard it is. And sometimes I wander why do guys stay away from single moms. S single dads I give u a hand
 dimond30
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/23/2011 7:14:46 PM
There are some selfcentered women out there but theres some good ones out there. And women like that gets me realy upset.
 DesertGem68
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/23/2011 10:26:07 PM
The way I see it..being a single parent helps weed out the rif raf. Ok, it IS more challenging to date BUT its not impossible. Being negative drives people away more so than having a child. When someone is going to rule me out because I have a child, I PREFER that they stay far far away from me. Its just like if they want to rule me out for any other reason. NEXT!!!!!
 ebonygirl66
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/23/2011 11:08:15 PM
There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a single dad. I go through the same thing as a single mom. It will likely just take longer to find someone who gets what being a single parent is about. Hang in there. There are some good women out there! :)
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/23/2011 11:27:30 PM
ok to quote the OP "so a woman who posts she likes to fish, camp, boating, sports, is lying?" simply to attract men and then go ewwwwwwwww i hate that when the time arises?

I LIKE ALL OF THOSE. SO NOW IM A LIAR? I'll fight u for the wheel take you to a great fishing spot cast my line, catch our dinner, gut it and cook it. Ill kick your ass in volleyball and badminton too!

I have great respect for single dads. The genuine ones that know sacrifice and struggles, and are great dads and not just maintaining the title they THINK they deserve. They talk my language, and are relateable, and we have mutual understanding of just how hard it can be.
 TUNG
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2011 12:26:59 AM
There is nothing wrong with being a single dad. Actually I kind of enjoy it. I love doing things with my my son and if a woman has a problem with the fact that I am a single dad, then she probably isn't the right woman for me and as life's ironies would have it will end up a single mom some day and thinking to herself what an ass she used to be. As far as respecting being a single dad well dude bottom line is your supposed to be a dad no matter if your single or not, so don't expect credit for something your supposed to do or want to do anyway. Don't look so hard for a relationship because imo it would make a woman feel like you may be looking for a mom. Spend time with your kids and don't look for a relationship something real will come to you. Best Wishes.
 Sicandtwisted
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2011 2:38:20 PM
i think its rad and i have dated single dads... its really not that hard
 PurpleFusias
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/26/2011 12:20:05 AM
Just inserting my two cents as I'm sure there are other people in the world who do feel the same way I do and therefore may be how some of the women who are turning you down just because you're a single dad (if that's the only reason) feel.
I personally love children, want children, and have great respect for good dads, single or not; however, I grew up hoping to get married, have kids with that man, and live happily forever. Well, after my marriage ended, I realized that the only thing in my little fairytale that could possibly still be held as sacred and that is choosing to have a child with someone.
I know, sometimes it's not choosing that leads you to have kids and sometimes it is choosing but, it's no different then any other relationship that just doesn't work except now there are kids involved, but silly me, I still want to have that special bond with my man.
Every person i know who has had a kid, tells me they will always love the person they had their kid with, if that person (if the kid lives with the other parent) need, well, pretty much anything, they'll do it for them, because it impacts their child's life.
So, even if you are a great guy, if it's at all possible, which it most likely is, being that I'm only 22, I want to have my own family, not enter sombody else's.

Also, I have health problems involved in that area, so if I need to adopt to have my own kid, I still want it to be as much mine as possible, and I don't feel like being the step-mom (unless the birth mother is literally not in the picture) is ANYWHERE NEAR being mom.
So, just wanted to add my two cents into the equation.
 AmberS1991
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/22/2011 3:49:48 PM
You just have to be patient I'm a single mom and I'm having a hard time finding someone who understands that I have responsibilities and my child comes first. That's a deal breaker for lots of women who aren't in the same situation is that they won't come first!!!!
 woodchuck42
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/22/2011 4:44:39 PM
its ok for woman to have kids looking for a man. sometimes its kids to several different men and there looking for a new man but they dont want that man to discipline their kids or be there dad and you usually get that "your not my dad" from the kids so a man who has kids makes it even difficult because now you have my kids your kids our kids instead of just our kids. dealing with single woman, most dont want to be mother to someone elses kids because theirs are grown or they just dont want children. its rare to find a profile that says wants children unless shes single and never had children and she certainly doesn't want to jump into the "instant family" iuts even harder for me because besides having 2 children fulltime i have high biblical and moral standards and am deeply involved in church. so i end up with six choices in a 200 mile radius. im sure theres some nice woman closer but they cant see that most of the qualities they seek should be found in a man that serves God but there not willing to serve God to get a good man.
 PurpleFusias
Msg: 40
Posted: 9/22/2011 4:58:55 PM
===they cant see that most of the qualities they seek should be found in a man that serves God but there not willing to serve God to get a good man. ===

'Serving god' for the perpose of finding a good man is rediculous and I think that would classify and lying, seeing as how if that is the only reason they are attending church services and such, then that is not really who they are.....what a rediculous statement.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2017 7:13:30 AM

OP needs to look to date other single parents and stop being so self entitled.

So should single short people 'look to date' other short people?
Should overweight people 'look to date' people who are fat?
Should poor people 'look to date' someone else who is strapped for income?
What about people who are amputees?
Dyslexic?
Have cancer?
Already pregnant themselves?

Telling people to search for dates amongst people who have traits in common is a very steep and hypocritical slope - yes, it may seem to make logical sense - but putting someone in their place by telling them is a joke --- because rarely EVER is anyone in here doing so themselves - or even believes someone very similar to them is their 'equal'. Besides, matching someone by a list point on a profile - like height, or weight, or being a parent -- doesn't remotely mean they will be compatible in any way.

The OP - as any single parent - can search for whatever they want. So can the rest of us. Having better luck is more about being accepting of what finds you than it is about what you WANT to find, and that's what people need to remember in here - or anywhere - that they may be looking for a partner.
 Chromis1
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2017 10:44:25 AM
Screw it. Redacted. Not worth the effort.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/28/2017 2:16:37 PM

So should single short people 'look to date' other short people?

Yes.
None of this height mixing.

Should overweight people 'look to date' people who are fat?

Yes.
None of this weight mixing.

[quote Should poor people 'look to date' someone else who is strapped for income?

Yes.
None of this economic class mixing.

Segregation lives on.

I agree. It does sound ridiculous, oui?

If I only looked for people like me, I would find......no one.

Smh.

Gung Hay Fat Choy !
 _babblefish
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/29/2017 9:04:30 AM
^ year of the c*ck..

*off to knit a rooster toque
 wolfman4142
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/29/2017 9:32:06 AM

Guys you've got to consider the source when a comment is made. This woman is a childless bulldike. However, when the OP was single and had no children I'm sure he didn't prefer a woman with children. obviously there is going to be those who do not want this and single no kid women who are willing to accept raising children that aren't theirs are going to be the minority. Best leave your children out of it till you get to know someone. I wouldn't lie but I wouldn't volunteer information either. Put ask me on your profile and such. Your kid status is no ones business. Then you can't blame your kids for your lack of game.
 quicktyper
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/29/2017 10:16:51 AM
I don't agree with what ScorpVenus has written in this, and other similar threads she resurrected the same day. However, your name-calling is disgusting and uncalled for.
 wolfman4142
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/29/2017 12:40:45 PM
I assume you're talking about me. I'm not name calling I'm calling her what she is. I don't expect her to be ashamed or hurt by being who she is. How else could you give a description of who she is differently? How else do you give a description of where her perspective is coming from and she isn't wrong for herself but it is a limited life perspective and experience.
 quicktyper
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/29/2017 1:17:52 PM

How else could you give a description of who she is differently?

I would have stopped at childless.
 wolfman4142
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/29/2017 1:38:01 PM
Yeah I could of stopped there but it wouldn't explain the fact that children probably haven't even entered her mind yet. There's no reason to be a delicate snowflake and feel a need to correct my accurate full description. If she were offended and preferred another wording I would consider it. I don't need you though.
 quicktyper
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/29/2017 2:05:02 PM

Yeah I could of stopped there but it wouldn't explain the fact that children probably haven't even entered her mind yet.

Eh? LOL!
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > what is so wrong with a single dad?