Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > what is so wrong with a single dad?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wolfman4142
Msg: 51
what is so wrong with a single dad?Page 3 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

Eh? LOL!

I'm sure the internet has a safe space you need to get to. I imagine you're curled up in the fetal position on the floor over seeing the word bulldyke.
 Garrs1234
Msg: 52
view profile
History
what is so wrong with a single dad?
Posted: 2/10/2017 1:52:09 PM
No idea bro. When I was out with my daughter when she was a baby, it was a great tool for women. They all thought she was so cute and I got hit on a lot. Had I known my ex was cheating on me at the time, I had to beg out of lots of situations I could have taken far. Even her teachers hit on me. One of them still does......

Personally, 24 hours with a woman for me has no value compared to spending only an hour with my kid. This maybe, is a problem for some women, dont know.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/17/2017 7:10:51 AM
The problem with being a single dad is that you broadcast yourself as a single dad.

Strike One: You have at least one kid. Women want a man who will spend all of his money on HER kids and not on his own.

Strike Two: You call yourself a Dad. That implies that you are warm, loving and in touch with your feelings. Only a post menopausal woman can tolerate that stuff for very long.

Strike Three: You are asking for respect and by extension love. Machiavelli teaches us that it is better to be feared than loved. Who is afraid of an emotionally fragile cuddle bunny like you?
 redcherry1988
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/22/2017 3:43:48 AM
I am a single mother. I prefer to date guys with children. I don't date guys who have custody....(Not because I don't want to) The reason is because the one's I talked to who have custody our schedules didn't work because we didn't have the same days available.
 Soul_mate_Wanted47
Msg: 55
Posted: 2/22/2017 4:36:04 PM
Well, I am a single mom of three and have had a number of men say, oh, sorry, I didn't know you have kids (even though I have specifically said in my profile that I do). These guys either have kids that have grown up or kids that they get every weekend or two so have a lot of time inbetween and want a partner who does too. Yes, my time is limited. I work full-time, I solely provide for my kids so my potential partner does have to have some understanding of my time and the fact that I just can't go out on a whim even if my kids are 8, 14 and 15.
 Soul_mate_Wanted47
Msg: 56
Posted: 2/22/2017 4:45:48 PM
Oh, by the way, I state I am a full-time mom in my profile which is just the same as saying I am a single mom and broadcasting it. Why? Nothing hidden right? Better to have it in there then start messaging someone back and forth until the question pops up....do you have kids? Next question is, do you have custody? And then the response, oh, sorry, I am looking for someone more available. It sucks when you think someone has potential and conversations are going great until they give that response.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 57
Posted: 2/23/2017 10:22:21 AM

It sucks when you think someone has potential and conversations are going great until they give that response.

On the bright side, you are part of the majority. Married women are the freaks now. The feeling that it sucks comes from not considering how things have changed. You don't have to take my word for it. Every woman in here will tell you that men only want to exploit you. A lot of women these days take that for granted and are not especially chagrined that some man thought that she was too inconvenient to pump and dump. Soul mate Wanted? Those days are gone forever. Protect yourself and strive to be happy.
 Soul_mate_Wanted47
Msg: 58
Posted: 2/23/2017 10:30:01 AM
Been on POF long enough to know the games people play lol If anyone is careful about meeting and talking to people, it would be me....so much so that this past year I barely went to meet anyone. :)
 ebolakitty
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/23/2017 11:02:41 AM
^^^^^
I'm sure you know the score. I just like to be supportive of people who are benignly disappointed. To the deluded, destructive and dogmatic, I like to be an abusive assbite. My thing.

Take care.
 Soul_mate_Wanted47
Msg: 60
Posted: 2/23/2017 11:12:46 AM
Thank you and get that many would/could and do get disappointed :) Once upon a time a long, long time ago it may have for me but not any longer. lol

Take care as well!
 Nestaron
Msg: 61
Posted: 2/23/2017 9:06:19 PM
Well you could have felt the vengeful wrath of women after taking custody of your children. The claws come out when you take kids from their mother and worse when they are daughters. I had a heck of time being harassed for about a year until their mother finally stepped in and said enough because she saw it was affecting her kids too and thus affecting her. It wasn't like I had a choice I took custody because I had too for the best interest and safety of my kids and I managed just fine. I balanced College, Working, raising my kids, and had a few dates even a relationship so when I hear a women say she dont date men with custody every excuse what she is about to say is bullshit. She hates the fact the man took babies from their mother, that is the reason you can say whatever it's white noise and garbage bullshit blah blah blah.

I went and graduated with honors from college highest marks in class, worked a full-time job, raised my kids, I dated and had a girlfriend while doing it. You want to shoot bullshit about why you dont date single fathers, or single fathers who have custody maybe you should atleast mention either A.) You are selfish and want you and your kids to be a priority b.) Resent the fact he took custody of kids guess what you wont hurt our feelings by stating it we understand it and respect truth than putting it on us thinking we cant handle it.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2017 9:32:56 PM
well, usually short men date short women for obvious reasons.
Overweight people will not usually attract the slim and fit unless they have money so yes, they should go for other overweight people, but guess what, they dont...
I cant imagine anyone wanting to date who is battling a severe illness like cancer, so that is ridiculous.
If any woman wants to date when pregnant she is in serious doo doo mentally and emotionally and any man who will go there, also questionable.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2017 6:38:03 AM

well, usually short men date short women for obvious reasons.

Petite women insist on dating six-footers -- for obvious reasons.
Sound stupid? Read the top line again.

Overweight people will not usually attract the slim and fit unless they have money so yes, they should go for other overweight people, but guess what, they dont...

Should slim and fit people with money totally ignore everyone?

I cant imagine anyone wanting to date who is battling a severe illness like cancer, so that is ridiculous.

Think again. There's plenty of bald-headed women in online dating. I had a date with not one, but two women that had been recently diagnosed with cancer. Confronting that truth means people break out of their shell and do things they wouldn't usually do - and I highly doubt anyone's bucket list doesn't include a spontaneous date or tryst with someone they haven't done before.

If any woman wants to date when pregnant she is in serious doo doo mentally and emotionally and any man who will go there, also questionable.

So when are they 'allowed' back in the dating pool? When their kid turns 2? 14? 23? People have the right to go there whenever they want. How can it get worse? It's not like they can get pregnant twice.

People in serious mental 'doo-doo' look just like everyone else. A lot of times it take a real-life meet or date to find the crazy. Luckily, people who are closed-minded and selfish tend to decline a lot, so that helps.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/24/2017 7:26:30 AM

So when are they 'allowed' back in the dating pool? When their kid turns 2? 14? 23? People have the right to go there whenever they want. How can it get worse? It's not like they can get pregnant twice.

Hopefully, never allowed back. How can it get worse? Seriously!!! She is a considerable danger on many levels. The very reason that makes her an easier lay is also the reason that she is dangerous. She is impulsive and careless. On top of that, she is selfish. A woman that is pregnant without a present and willing father has NO regard for the welfare of the child. She dooms the child to a life of struggle against numerous disadvantages and doesn't give a damn. It's all her choice so screw the kid.
 Gary0602
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2018 2:33:40 AM
I am a single father with full custody of my 2 children aged 7 & 11.

I understand all the explanations given in this thread for the reasons women would not be interested in me and my domestic situation. I make it clear in my profile, so hopefully any communication with another member will be with that in mind. Unfortunately I have very little communications with anyone, but the kids will always be important anyway!
 Gary0602
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2018 2:42:59 AM
Meant to say "most important" in my last paragraph x
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2018 7:06:02 AM
'most important' is the issue with some. when you get past the availability and responsibilities of a single parent and look down the road a ways, a potential partner has to ask if they will ever be a full partner. having been on both ends of this, I can tell you it gets complicated at any stage of the relationship. when I see a profile that states their kids come first, all I see is 'you wont ever be important enough to matter'.
 julystorm22
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2018 9:51:36 AM
I think being a single dad is a plus when it comes to online dating. Several single dads online have said they've gotten a lot of interest. I personally see that a guy has kids and its a big plus. But many single dads look at single moms and think to themselves that when you combine both sets of kids then that's too much kids so they don't consider you an option.

I was a stepkid several times. I learned a lot being one. I also have always really liked kids, being a mom was always something I really wanted which is why I think I had 3 kids with the wrong guy. I actually would really like to be a stepmom and I'm fully cognizant of the dynamics between the real mom and the stepmom and what the role entails. I am someone who is good with kids. I babysat when I was younger for lots of kids, was a camp counsellor several summers and worked as a youth care worker for a few years with teens in a group home. I've dealt with so many issues kids have. Yes, I am having trouble with my own kids and its because the split from their father has been so messy but I think things will keep improving with them the more time goes on and we figure things out. So I would definitely consider the fact that someone has kids a plus. Although I don't think I would date someone with kids between the ages of 12 and 17. Teenagers can be tricky in these situations.
 Seahorse_Jockey
Msg: 69
Posted: 9/12/2018 12:34:31 PM
"So I would definitely consider the fact that someone has kids a plus. Although I don't think I would date someone with kids between the ages of 12 and 17."

Does that mean you would date a single father in the short term only? If a guy has young kids, they will eventually be between the ages 12 and 17. Do you think you would be un-datable when your kids reach that age range?
 julystorm22
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2018 3:59:19 PM
No, I would only START dating a guy if his kids were 11 or younger because in my experience meeting kids at a a younger age is easier and you are more likely going to be able to bond. I'm not saying you can't bond with a teenagers but teenagers can be extremely difficult. They are often hard enough on their own parents, nevermind the woman their father is dating. Not all teens are difficult but most often there will be problems if you end up living together.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2018 2:07:31 PM
As a childless woman I would not date men with kids or single dads. It's not just about the baggage, kids become a huge part of the guys life almost like a very involved hobby. I'm just not interested and find it unappealing that I would hear about their kids and have to associate with them. Just not my cup of tea. My boyfriend doesn't understand this as he has dated a single mum but does acknowledge that dating single parents is much more difficult.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2018 4:24:36 PM

... kids become a huge part of the guys life almost like a very involved hobby.

I know some single moms out there that if a guy defined kids as a "very involved hobby" -- they would get punched in the face. Just sayin'.
 Ariadne7
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2018 11:37:11 AM
Absolutely nothing, all else being equal (e.g., good character, responsible, respectful, communicative, etc.)
I actually would like to date/prefer single dads because I imagine we would have similar skills and aptitudes, not to mention a natural consideration for planning dates around our busy schedules.
 Onelionheart
Msg: 74
Posted: 9/16/2018 1:22:38 PM
Do not ever date a single dad, unless he is a widow. He is single by choice or getting involved with the wrong woman by choice. He chooses to have SEX with the wrong woman. It is NOT your problem to take care of another adult man's choice.

The same idea, never ever date a single mom, this video explains the reasons by a woman and man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLyCOFYBONY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLmwARW0lds

Therefore, do not ever feel sorry for a single mom as wel,

There are various options for a woman who has accidentally become pregnant, or thinks she may have--in fact, THE MORN ING-AFTER PILL was developed in direct response to these situations!

The morning-after pill is effective for up to 72 hours after SEX. Finally, the ABORTION PILL , Non-Surgically terminates pregnancies of 4 to 9 weeks duration.

http://www.abortion-pill.org/

Thus, NEVER believe a woman saying I got pregnant with the wrong man. She has choices. She has sex with consent, and knows very well the consequences of having sex. She also knows what she should do to get abortion.
 julystorm22
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2018 4:21:30 PM
Wow. You have opinions I definitely don't share.

The divorce rate is high and that means that there are tons of single people with the baggage that comes from longterm relationships. A lot of these people also have kids. Many people made decisions to be with people that didn't pan out. I think you think you are above all that. You look down on people for not picking the right person. All that separates you from them is luck. Many people get married thinking they'll live happily ever after and stay together forever. It often doesn't pan out and there are so many different reasons it doesn't, you can't just say one strike and you are out.

I didn't look at your profile so I don't know your age or where you live but I can say that the older you get, the harder it will be to find a woman who is childless and has never been married or has no baggage from a longterm relationship. Unless of course you can still manage to snag a young girl who hasn't been "corrupted" yet.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > what is so wrong with a single dad?