Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > what is so wrong with a single dad?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 76
view profile
History
what is so wrong with a single dad?Page 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

The divorce rate is high and that means that there are tons of single people with the baggage that comes from long term relationships.

Depends on what people frame as "Long Term". Divorce rates can be high because people refuse to cooperate and compromise, which I'm afraid is absolutely essential to maintain a shared union. The power of independence keeps us from trying.
 Onelionheart
Msg: 77
what is so wrong with a single dad?
Posted: 9/16/2018 6:37:36 PM

The divorce rate is high and that means that there are tons of single people with the baggage that comes from longterm relationships. A lot of these people also have kids. Many people made decisions to be with people that didn't pan out. I think you think you are above all that. You look down on people for not picking the right person. All that separates you from them is luck. Many people get married thinking they'll live happily ever after and stay together forever. It often doesn't pan out and there are so many different reasons it doesn't, you can't just say one strike and you are out.

Comparing sugar to salt is in vain, because they are different substances with various taste and chemical composition.

Divorces occurs between married people. Man and woman who are supposed to know each other very well, before taking this decision. They might even be living together for years before marriage. After knowing a person for years, and deciding to have unprotected sex with him, the claim he was a wrong person cannot be workable here.

On the other hand, sleeping around with a guy or guys, and having kids, then claiming he or they were bad people, means this woman is irresponsible or may be mentally disabled.

RULE NUMBER ONE
No SANE woman will have kids from a man, she does not know him very very very well.

Men do not just turn to be beasts after having kids. As I explained before, women have multiple choices to stop their pregnancy and have abortion.

Divorce rate is high for many reasons. Women and men prefer to get divorce, rather to work with each other. With the new laws, many women prefer to get divorce and come to online dating websites to find another pony to ride. The problem, they got men just want them for sex. Who has mind is going to date a woman with kids, and be financially responsible for the cubs of another man. Put yourself in a man's shoes and think, would you do it?

This video has good reasons as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXTSJUnphCg

RULE NUMBER TWO
There is a difference between HAVING SEX and HAVING KIDS.

Claiming to have 3 kids from a wrong guy, is like claiming to get 3 tickets by the same trooper, in 3 different times, in the same highway, by accident, while you are innocent. Coincidence never happens 3 times.

I didn't look at your profile so I don't know your age or where you live but I can say that the older you get, the harder it will be to find a woman who is childless and has never been married or has no baggage from a longterm relationship. Unless of course you can still manage to snag a young girl who hasn't been "corrupted" yet

The older the man gets, the more he looks for young girls for relationships.

This video may explain for you why
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rne_xYORmiE
 julystorm22
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2018 7:10:52 PM
I don't even know how to respond to that.
 Onelionheart
Msg: 79
Posted: 9/16/2018 7:20:43 PM

I don't even know how to respond to that.

Please sleep on it and think.. It may be the truth that changes your life for the better.

siisaa
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2018 1:23:09 PM
I don't mind a single father. I don't want kids of my own and a single father is more likely to not want more kids compared to a man who doesn't have any at all. Also, single fathers are more likely to have a vasectomy, which is a major plus in my book. I don't like condoms or hormonal birth control.
 Onelionheart
Msg: 81
Posted: 9/19/2018 7:29:37 PM

I don't mind a single father. I don't want kids of my own and a single father is more likely to not want more kids compared to a man who doesn't have any at all. Also, single fathers are more likely to have a vasectomy, which is a major plus in my book. I don't like condoms or hormonal birth control.

A simple logical question, if you see a single father is plus, and you do not want kids, why do not you have Tubal Ligation or removing your womb, rather than expecting a man with vasectomy or castration?
 julystorm22
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2018 9:52:06 PM
Its a hell of a lot easier for a guy to get a vasectomy. Getting a tubal ligation is much more invasive plus to get it done I'd be required to take 2 weeks off work.
 siisaa
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2018 11:45:50 PM

A simple logical question, if you see a single father is plus, and you do not want kids, why do not you have Tubal Ligation or removing your womb, rather than expecting a man with vasectomy or castration?

Vasectomies are reversible, cheaper and less invasive than a hysterectomy or tubal litigation. Most physicians will not perform those on a childless woman my age anyway. I'm completely single and not dating anyone at the moment so there's no reason to consider any birth control options, whether they be permanent or temporary. I don't "expect" a vasectomy, it's simply a preference. If I met the right guy and he didn't want children either, then we'd weigh our options together. I'm not sterilizing myself for some mythical dude and I don't expect a man to do that either. However, if he already had a vasectomy before meeting me, that'd be a plus. Hysterectomies also have the negative consequence of driving a woman into instant menopause.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2018 4:15:15 AM

Tubal ligation is more invasive than a vasectomy and not always an opportunity for women. Most younger women are usually dissuaded by their ob/gyn from getting one, sometimes even after having one or two children, and it's damn near impossible for a woman who hasn't given birth to get one. Although it's reversible, it comes with great risks and is usually performed under very narrow preconditions with no guarantee of conceiving and having a full-term pregnancy without complications.

Removing the uterus is performed when there is a precondition causing pain and suffering or potentially health and life-saving disease is present. After that, there is a long healing process and though periods stop, the effects of surgical menopause are still present.

The woman might think the single father is a plus, but what if she wants to have children with somebody else and not the single father? What if she decides that single father is nice but the pain and suffering of operations with permanent outcomes isn't worth risking for that opportunity? This 'womb removal' you suggested carries great risks to the woman, and why would you suggest that when nobody suggested a man should become a eunuch (unless he wanted that) for that woman?

The vasectomy also carries its own health risks from infection to developing a higher risk of prostrate cancer down the road and the risk of the reversal not working is every present (depending on when it was performed, and so on) , but they aren't going to lose a reproductive organ or develop the risk of an ectopic pregnancy with deathly consequences after a reversal of a tubal ligation. But nobody insists that he must have it, either, and nobody questions his desire for one.

Dating the single father is a preference, just like dating a single mom, an older or overweight women is for others. Nobody is obliged to date them. A man is supposed to take care of his kids, so exceptional kudos for that aren't necessary.
 Onelionheart
Msg: 85
Posted: 9/20/2018 10:18:40 AM

julystorm22
plus to get it done I'd be required to take 2 weeks off work.

And it is almost the same period of time that takes a man to get recovered from vasectomy. So, you thought about yourself and your work, rather than the other party. Do you think that is fair?

siisaa
Hysterectomies also have the negative consequence of driving a woman into instant menopause.

Why? Is not that her choice for not having babies for good? On the contrary, she must be happy.

The real fact is women's self-confidence is related to having the means of giving birth for babies. Even if a woman who claims that she does not want a baby, she still does not want to do surgery that stop her completely from having babies for good.

Moreover, Tubal Ligation is covered by insurance to be done. However, reversing is going to be on your cost. It costs about $5000.00 in the States.

It makes a lot of comfort, when we become honest with ourselves.

flowersinthelake

Well done.

I just want to add one more thing.

Even if the woman really had Tubal Ligation or she cannot get pregnant anymore for another reason, condoms are still very important, even if during oral sex, to prevent the STDs.

I wonder why type of a man is that who has unprotected sex with a woman, he has just met. This woman who may be sleeping around, and he does not know what STDs she may have.

RULE NUMBER 4
Never ever have unprotected sex with a person, before running STD tests on her or him.
 Tech30
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2018 8:27:21 PM
Women are hypocrites. I even hear single mothers say they wont date a single dad. The issue is that women want to be the center of your attention. Yes most (not all) women will be jealous that you spend time with your kid. They also know that your disposable income will go to your kid and not to your new girlfriend. Also, the hassle of getting a sitter , not to mention lots of women are less likely to want to have a role in getting to know and raising a kid that isnt theirs.

This is coming from talking to quite a few single mothers.

On the other hand men, are more willing to date single moms (DONT. stop dating single moms) who treat the new man very well at first in most cases, but slowly show their true colours by keeping the man last on the totem . The kids will always be first, her money will go to her and her kids and well, so will your money. You are there to support her , and no one will ever support you in any way because shes busy supporting her kids.

While women want men to come and save them and help them raise their kids , they dont want to help single dads do the same .
 Tech30
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2018 8:31:16 PM
Geez is this lion guy for real?

Vasectomy is the easiest least invasive way. How much can you really say you love or respect your woman if you cant handle a vasectomy but insist she has surgery instead?

every guy ive known who had it done was back to work the next day.
 julystorm22
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2018 8:44:57 PM
My brother went to work the next day after his. My co-worker had a tubal ligation done when she about 25 after she had 3 kids but then she got pregnant at 40 with her 55-year-old boyfriend. And my aunt had one done and ended up having complications and had to get a surgery done on one of her other organs because of it and it was pretty scary.

I personally would prefer a single dad as long as his kids were under 11 when I met them. I like kids and I was a stepkid myself so I find it a natural thing and I understand the complexities. But I have 3 kids and even single dads do not want to date me for anything serious.
 Onelionheart
Msg: 89
Posted: 9/21/2018 9:01:25 AM

Geez is this lion guy for real?

Indeed

Vasectomy is the easiest least invasive way
every guy ive known who had it done was back to work the next day.

I think you need to see things more in depth.

Most vasectomies can be done in a urologist’s office. The procedure itself is quick, taking about 30 minutes or less.

Full RECOVERY time is about 1 to 2 weeks. However, it will take longer until you can ejaculate without sperm in your semen.

There is a difference between getting the surgery done and the RECOVERY.

How much can you really say you love or respect your woman if you cant handle a vasectomy but insist she has surgery instead?

I think you need to read carefully, before writing a comment. I will never ever do vasectomy or ask my girl to do surgery either.

Where on earth did I insist for a woman to have any type of surgery?

I asked a logical question for a woman that preferred men to do surgery to stop her from having babies, because she likes sex without condoms. So, I wondered why could not she do it easier, and at this time she would not worry about dating a single man or a single dad?

Did you get it?
 Onelionheart
Msg: 90
Posted: 9/21/2018 9:20:49 AM

I personally would prefer a single dad as long as his kids were under 11 when I met them. I like kids and I was a stepkid myself so I find it a natural thing and I understand the complexities. But I have 3 kids and even single dads do not want to date me for anything serious.

Probably because he watched a movie called "Yours, Mine & Ours" :)
 siisaa
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2018 9:59:38 AM

So, I wondered why could not she do it easier, and at this time she would not worry about dating a single man or a single dad?

How would me getting a tubal litigation or hysterectomy be "easier"? Like I said before, most OBGYNs would refuse to perform those procedures on me. You conveniently ignored that point. It'd be easier to find a man who is a single father who already has a vasectomy. In fact, all of the men I've known who had the snip done were older (40+) with children.
 Onelionheart
Msg: 94
Posted: 9/21/2018 9:38:04 PM

How would me getting a tubal litigation or hysterectomy be "easier"? Like I said before, most OBGYNs would refuse to perform those procedures on me. You conveniently ignored that point. It'd be easier to find a man who is a single father who already has a vasectomy. In fact, all of the men I've known who had the snip done were older (40+) with children.

I myself know 2 women had done it in the States and were in their 20s. One of them had kids before and one did not.

FYI!
You can have a tubal ligation at any time. If you are interested in getting a tubal ligation, talk with your doctor or clinic. For Medicaid or other federal programs to pay for a tubal ligation, you must be 21 years of age and have signed a consent form giving permission 30 days before the procedure.

You may have hard time doing in regular clinics. However, it so easy to do it at Planned Parenthood. It is covered by insurance, but not sure about if it is free for women under specific level of income.
https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/birth-control/sterilization/how-do-i-get-tubal-ligation-procedure

For those who want to have unsafe sex, and take the risk of death or chronic STD.

Moreover, there are various options for a woman who has accidentally become pregnant, or thinks she may have--in fact, the morning-after pill was developed in direct response to these situations! The morning-after pill is effective for up to 72 hours after intercourse. The abortion pill, non-surgically terminates pregnancies of 4 to 9 weeks duration.

However, if I have the right to advice you, and not judging, keep yourself for a man you meet in the future. A man who is going to make a proposal with 6 months of dating you, and you guys love each other for good.

The more you be involved in non-serious relationships, the more your chances are going to decrease to find the right man.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2018 1:55:25 AM

Finally, the ABORTION PILL , Non-Surgically terminates pregnancies of 4 to 9 weeks duration.
She also knows what she should do to get abortion.

Oh my God stop. Obviously have no empathy or understanding. They may of wanted the kid and then the relationship ended up failing. Just because it was accidental that does not mean women are going to terminate.
You obviously don't understand that birth control has side affects and nothing is 100% effective statistically unless it is invasive. Even ru486 termination is traumatizing and has side affects.
Aka severe cramping and nausea and possibly vomiting. Educate yourself so you have more understanding and empathy for women.
 Onelionheart
Msg: 96
Posted: 9/22/2018 12:13:15 PM

Oh my God stop. Obviously have no empathy or understanding. They may of wanted the kid and then the relationship ended up failing. Just because it was accidental that does not mean women are going to terminate.
You obviously don't understand that birth control has side affects and nothing is 100% effective statistically unless it is invasive. Even ru486 termination is traumatizing and has side affects.
Aka severe cramping and nausea and possibly vomiting. Educate yourself so you have more understanding and empathy for women.

You are missing the whole point. She does not want to have babies ma`am.
 julystorm22
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2018 12:45:42 PM
I'm pretty sure this guy comes from a country where women are second class citizens. All this business of women with a sexual history not being worth dating and how he seems to really believe the tripe that he's spouting cause me to think that's the case.

I'll be honest in saying I'm against abortion. I may be leftwing with almost all other issues but I am anti-abortion. I do not judge anyone for thinking differently. But I will say that women who do get abortions or take the morning after pill are more likely to encounter fertility problems after doing so. Neither thing are good for women's bodies and men should shut their traps when suggesting a women undergo such things. I honestly do not think this thread or this forum is the place to discuss such issues. At the very least take it to the off topics section.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2018 7:55:07 PM
I was going to mention it before but I didn't want to get the axe because of it lol. It may be normal for them to treat their women like live stock but it isn't ok here. Also irritates me how him and Tech say this rubbish acting like women sleep with loads of men while in actual fact average is 8 for women while for men it's 18.
If a woman truly doesn't want the pregnancy she will decide what to do but a large portion of accidental pregnancies are kept.
 Onelionheart
Msg: 99
Posted: 9/23/2018 11:08:09 AM

I'm pretty sure this guy comes from a country where women are second class citizens. All this business of women with a sexual history not being worth dating and how he seems to really believe the tripe that he's spouting cause me to think that's the case.

These what you call them second class citizens DO NOT GET FVCKED FOR $3 BLOOD MARY?

These woman who are QUEENS, NO MAN CAN TOUCH THEM WITH MARRIAGE CONTRACT. Can you get a diamond stone for free?

These women do not humiliate themselves and be a toilet, a guy pure his cum on them, then leave without even a proposal. Good men do not pay for the roller coaster, after the RIDE.

These women put their kids and their interest before themselves. NEVER EVER MESSNG AROUND AT ALL COSTS. They stay years without a man, after their husbands pass away, dedicating their lives for their kids.

Ask any man in this forum, would you leave your kids from a woman, either your love or not, unless this women is SO SO SO DAMAGED?

These women HAVE ALL OF OUR RESPECT.

Moreover, that is not only my opinions, but also people around here.

Man's opinion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdzLfiLCkrc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lAdgC6OZRM

Woman's opinion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLyCOFYBONY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i83lAxAC6Ec

I'll be honest in saying I'm against abortion. I may be leftwing with almost all other issues but I am anti-abortion. I do not judge anyone for thinking differently. But I will say that women who do get abortions or take the morning after pill are more likely to encounter fertility problems after doing so. Neither thing are good for women's bodies and men should shut their traps when suggesting a women undergo such things. I honestly do not think this thread or this forum is the place to discuss such issues. At the very least take it to the off topics section.

Any SANE woman will not have kids from a guy, HE DOES NOT WANT KIDS FROM HER. Because KIDS are mutual agreement.

ANY SANE woman must think about her kids' interest. KIDS NEED BOTH DAD AND MOM. When a kid in FATHER's DAY ask, "Mom, where is my dad? When the kids see the court, child support, step father, and all of these problems, how do you think this kid is gonna be, Albert Einstein?

Before you think abortion is good or bad, think about the consequences of having UNSAFE SEX WITH A GUY WHO DOES NOT WANT A KID FROM YOU. OR A GUY YOU ARE NOT SURE IF HE IS GOING TO BE A GOOD FUTURE HUSBAND.

There is a difference between
HAVING SEX, and HAVING KIDS
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2018 11:38:12 AM
Probably because they will get stoned to death or beheaded lol.
Truth

July the morning after pill is just a one off higher dose of levonorgestrel, a synthetic progestin. Usually in lower doses in BC pills. It does not cause fertility problems lmao. All it does is stops ovulation and thickens cervical mucous temporarily to prevent conception and also prevents implanting.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > what is so wrong with a single dad?