Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 green023
Msg: 1039
Why do stunning women go for geeksPage 42 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)

Heidi Klum and Seal....that dude is gross...she is gorgeous...yet they fell in love, got m
Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones...come on seriously? Seems so unlikely, he's so old and I know that he USED to be good looking but he is NOT hot now...she makes her own money and he makes plenty of his own...so we cannot say it's his money she's after...and let's just say for one second that it's the money she's after...why shouldn't she or Heidi be able to get a HOT guy who makes lots of money? They very easily could.

More examples:
Cate Blanchette and Andrew Upton, Julia Roberts and Lyle Lovett, Megan Gale and Andy Lee, Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley, Marilyn Manson and Evan Rachel Wood, DJ Qualls and Nikki Reed, Jack Black and Tanya Hayden...

All examples of the not so attractive with drop dead gorgeous women. It happens in reality.

Although these women are rich, money can still be a factor. There are some rich women who wouldn't date a man if he made a lot less money than she did. Or if he wasn't famous or powerful. As I mentioned earlier, some women would disregard looks if a man is rich, famous, powerful etc. Would a woman like Heidi date someone like Seal if he was a janitor or a construction worker? I won't say it's impossible. But it would probably be less likely or common.
 KillingForCupcakes
Msg: 1040
Why do stunning women go for geeks
Posted: 2/24/2010 8:37:49 AM
Yes those women are rich but so is the husband...if the case is that both the husband and the wife are rolling in dough...why would she not choose another man rolling in dough who is HOT instead of the funky looking dudes that some of them are dating? What makes that guy attractive to her that she would be willing to overlook or totally not regard appearance when both of them are rich and there is a plethora of available hot looking rich men out there? It has to be about something other than money...he makes her laugh? Perhaps she thinks he's less likely to cheat? Or is more humble and less full of himself? I don't know I'm just speculating.

I can't really provide a list of Joe Schmoes that I know where the girl is hot and the guy is not ...cause well, you wouldn't know who the heck I was talking about...but I've seen it happen. Happens a lot in my church actually. Really beautiful women who are with guys who are short and round or balding or geeky nerd boys. I know why they are with these guys and it has nothing to do with money or looks. It's about their spirit. They are looking for a man who is after God's own heart and who walks the walk and talks the talk of a Christian man. These guys aren't chasing after them because of their looks, because they want a hottie arm candy trophy wife...or to just get them into bed....they share the desire to meet a person who worships and believes in the same God and doesn't just go to church but lives their lives according to biblical principals. I know a lot of you think this is crap but I've seen it, I know these people and I get it. It makes perfect sense to me why they are together and why their relationships seem to be working out. It's not based on something as superficial as how the person looks which will change once they start getting older.
 duane28
Msg: 1041
Posted: 2/24/2010 9:17:25 AM
Why make the assumption that all geeks are ugly and unattractive? That's really a hurtful stereotype.

It's all about self-confidence. Many of us geeks are good-looking, attractive, intelligent, witty, charming and confident.

Not only do we understand advanced calculus, quantum physics and string theory, but we also sweep the ladies off their feet with ease!

OK, well maybe I'm exaggerating a bit with my analysis but you get the point!
 Bablynbrook
Msg: 1042
Posted: 2/24/2010 9:41:25 AM
It isn't just about looks or money. I, like many women, need mental stimulation. The quickest way to get to me is to be intellegent and open-minded. Geeks arent afraid to be themselves and it is refreshing to be around that. To let your hair down and have fun and not worry about what other people think is very liberating and a blast. Also, geeks can be the best lovers. Why? Because they do their research, they know the erogonous zones on a womans body and take their time pleasing a woman. They care about our feelings and arent afraid to open up about themselves. I would take a geek anyday...oh wait...I already did!
 stayfit4life
Msg: 1043
Posted: 2/24/2010 9:46:01 AM
Damn lets see, I need to either have lots of money, fast car, big mansion on beach or be a geek. Dang I am screwed I have none of those, no wonder I can't find anyone who even wants to have a conversation LOL I am screwed...
 green023
Msg: 1044
Posted: 2/24/2010 9:24:04 PM
Yes those women are rich but so is the husband...if the case is that both the husband and the wife are rolling in dough...why would she not choose another man rolling in dough who is HOT instead of the funky looking dudes that some of them are dating? What makes that guy attractive to her that she would be willing to overlook or totally not regard appearance when both of them are rich and there is a plethora of available hot looking rich men out there? It has to be about something other than money...he makes her laugh? Perhaps she thinks he's less likely to cheat? Or is more humble and less full of himself? I don't know I'm just speculating.

Yes there could be other additional reasons why these female celebrities are with their current boyfriend / husband. My point is some women that are rich / famous may want to date a man that is around the same "level" in terms of income or social status. They might care more about a man's income, social status, fame, power etc than his looks. That could be one of the possible reason(s) why their boyfriends are rich or famous. But not overly attractive.
 KillingForCupcakes
Msg: 1045
Posted: 2/26/2010 12:15:33 PM

They might care more about a man's income, social status, fame, power etc than his looks. That could be one of the possible reason(s) why their boyfriends are rich or famous. But not overly attractive.

which was my point to begin with...when the playing field regarding MONEY is even....she makes a truckload of money...he makes a truck load of money...then we cannot simply assume that just because the guy is not good looking (by whose standards anyway?) that she is with him simply for his money. There could be OTHER reasons...which is why I am wondering...if she makes a lot of money and there are plenty of SUPER RICH MEN in the dating pool for her to choose from....why go for the "less attractive" guy vs the really hot hunka burning love? Was just pointing out that it's not all about MONEY like some guys and gals) like to assume.

I was also trying to point out that there were plenty of examples of this happening in real life where a prior poster was trying to say this never happens, that the nerdy guys are always complaining that the hot women go for hot guys and they don't have a chance...well yes...that happens too...but to say that hot women never hook up with guys that not what everyone would deem conventionally attractive is just false as we have plenty of examples among celebrities.
 Sefra
Msg: 1046
Posted: 2/26/2010 6:04:23 PM
Not that I am anywhere near gorgeous, but I gotta say...men with money are pretty disgusting.

In the past 2 or 3 years, I have dated very wealthy gentlemen... one of which actually own a law firm... another a very successful doctor who was in his early 40s.... And, to be honest, the men with money have nothing on the men with passion...

Men with passion and a certain j'nais c'est quai (sp?) is much more attractive.

I would much rather spend time with a man with a personality that isn't timid or premeditated than a man with so much money that he suffers from either parsimony or frugality...

You can buy some love... but it generally doesn't last.
 KCowboy
Msg: 1047
Posted: 2/26/2010 10:42:23 PM
GEEK is the new CHIC

'nuff said.
 greenhills
Msg: 1048
Posted: 2/27/2010 2:16:08 AM
I must say, I am impressed. An obvious troll post has over 1000 responses.
 green023
Msg: 1049
Posted: 2/27/2010 8:47:43 AM
which was my point to begin with...when the playing field regarding MONEY is even....she makes a truckload of money...he makes a truck load of money...then we cannot simply assume that just because the guy is not good looking (by whose standards anyway?) that she is with him simply for his money. There could be OTHER reasons...which is why I am wondering...if she makes a lot of money and there are plenty of SUPER RICH MEN in the dating pool for her to choose from....why go for the "less attractive" guy vs the really hot hunka burning love? Was just pointing out that it's not all about MONEY like some guys and gals) like to assume

Fair enough. I think we partially agree about this. One personal example. I know a woman who makes about 125k a year. Looks aren't that important to her. Looks might be a minor issue to her at the most. Things like personality and having some common interests are important to her. Money is also important to her. She wouldn't date a man who has a lower income than her. Because she feels that she would have to support him. She also feels people with lower incomes are less successful in life. Is money the only reason she is dating a particular man? Not necessary. But money can be a contributing factor even when both people have about the same income.
 jepcom26
Msg: 1050
Posted: 2/27/2010 9:58:57 AM
sometimes the geeks of this world wind up where they arent seen as real and as to the bank account thought,well, the president of microsoft,bill gates, is laughing all the way to the bank and so is his wife who more than likely,saw what he had as to brains, and figured,better jump him before some other girl does.
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 1051
Posted: 2/27/2010 10:47:58 AM
I read somewhere that women typically date down (in terms of looks) where you'll have a gorgeous woman with an avg looking guy, and apparently the reasoning in a study was that the gorgeous guys are far more prone to cheating, so subconsciously the women pick men who are more likely to appreciate being with someone "better looking" then them, and not as likely to take them for granted. This is usually after they've been with a gorgeous guy and been cheated on themselves.

Granted you've got to have other things going for you, career, hobbies, passions, etc.
 noci5
Msg: 1052
Posted: 3/14/2010 8:49:26 PM
Sometimes they are the only ones with enough courage to approach these women. Alot of more "atttractive" men are just big pansies who are scared of rejection...I applaud these "geeks" for at least putting themselves out there....it obviously pays off more times than not...
 cdukshnow
Msg: 1053
Posted: 3/25/2010 5:53:08 AM
I honestly couldn't refer to myself as a "geek". I have been involved with some amazingly beautiful women and I can honestly say, I am not classified as a geek.

Thom
 Nerdhead26
Msg: 1055
Posted: 3/26/2010 2:54:46 AM

I constantly see tons of the most gorgeous women all with guys that must have been beaten with the ugly stick constantly from birth. Does this mean there are shallow women out there who are just interested in money.

Because they're brilliant, clever, nice and have a big powerful brain which strategically knows how to lure and get what they want.
A big brain to compensate for the lack of muscles
Actually there are a lot of hunky sexy geeks out there too.
you just have to know where to look.

Why arent there any shallow women only interested in sex

you must be blind or something... of course there are women out there only interested in sex just as some men are too.

On topic: Different women are drawn to different kinds of men, for a variety of different reasons....it's both wrong and inaccurate to make a generalization like the OP does.

Yes exactly... you're judging too quickly
 CookieLady66
Msg: 1056
Posted: 3/26/2010 9:51:29 AM

Why do stunning women go for geeks?

'Cause brains are HOT !!!!!!!!!!!
 lolmuly
Msg: 1058
Posted: 3/27/2010 7:58:55 AM
Wow, I'm a complete nerd and have never had this experience? Am I doing something wrong?
 YZ_Guy
Msg: 1059
Posted: 3/27/2010 9:30:03 AM
Well, I'm definitely a techie nerd geek computer guru and I date what many men consider attractive woman. It's just a theory but I think it has something do with "Talking to them"? Not quite sure about this but if I spend a few minutes humoring them and having good conversation most woman will be interested. Furthermore, the upside to conversation is I can learn pretty quickly if she's "psycho girl!"

What works for me is this. I work in tech helping people with their 'puter problems and this affords me all sorts of opportunities to meet people while they're at work. Here's poor distressed Sally, her phacking 'puter is a POS and I get to ride in and rescue the day. Now I'm in Sally's office and I learn what interest her, books on the shelves, pictures on the wall/desk and whatnot. Also, Sally is much more open to conversation and I get to put on my best charm without having to contend with 50 other drunk guys pawing at her.

Now here's the tricky part. I ask Sally if she would like to go out for drinks, or possibly rob a bank? Phew, get past that now I go big and ask her for her phone number! Then I call her. Seems to be working so far..... but then again I to can suffer from an occasional ID 10 T error.

Cheers,
 2heat
Msg: 1060
Posted: 3/27/2010 10:39:22 AM
I can only speak for myself. But I would never date a man that I consider to be ugly regardless of how much money or power he has.
 cakefan
Msg: 1062
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2010 10:37:03 PM
I don't think it matters which stereotypical classification a guy has to be in to attract women. I don't even think you even have to have a lot of money. Confidence is key. You could be the geekiest dude on the planet, but if you have confidence it will serve you and your partner well.
 cakefan
Msg: 1063
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2010 11:36:59 PM
Just to this thread even longer, Wally Pleasant has pretty funny song that I think sums up your story pretty well.

She's in Love with a Geek

"Well, the girl whom I love doesn’t even know that I exist
‘Cause she’s always hangin’ around with this other guy
That I’d like to hit with my fist.
And it’s not just a matter of jealousy, for which I now speak
In fact my pride is being destroyed, because that other guy is such a geek.

She’s in love with a geek.

Calculator in his pocket,
Dungeons and Dragons game by his side.
Driving around in his metallic-green station wagon,
He’s takin’ her for a ride
And she’ll never appreciate the love I can only contemplate in my dreams
And it seems that I want to scream.

Oh, they say that love is blind
And I suppose that’s true,
Because this guys got a face that resembles the hind end of a baboon
And he’s got about as much personality as a loaf of bread
And even if I tried to tell her all this stuff, she wouldn’t listen to a thing I said…"

- Wally Pleasant
 SouthBayNative
Msg: 1066
Posted: 11/23/2010 11:54:25 AM
Why in the world do geeks go for stunning women? That's the real question here.
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 1068
Posted: 11/23/2010 12:12:53 PM
Quite possibly, the ability to conversate about things NOT related to:
- Sex
- Lifting weights
- How many beers were shotgunned last night
- Slow pitch softball triumphs
- Cars/motorcycles/quads/boats/etc.
- Binge drinking exploits
- Traveling to a beach to binge drink and little else

That's a start, anyone got anything else to ad?

I'm the new-age engineer: mathematical smarts with a jock bod
Nice. I run every morning and lift here and there; then go to work as an engineer where I spend WAY too much time on here. Thankfully, I'm starting a new job soon that will be more interesting than this, the boringest of all engineering jobs EVER!
 lostintheshufle
Msg: 1070
Posted: 11/26/2010 7:42:30 PM
Stunning women go for geeks because they know how to put phasers on stun!

I'm a geek, I've gotten stunning women. I think its the fact they like nice guys who are devoted. Oh and geeks tend to be stable and undramatic, and you won't catch them cheating.

Why does anybody go for anybody?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >