Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do stunning women go for geeks      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CA_ExPat
Msg: 1026
view profile
History
Why do stunning women go for geeksPage 42 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
I think you have it backwards. There are shallow women who go strictly on your looks and there are deep women with whom you cannot possibly communicate. There are many intelligent women on this board and most are beyond shallow except when they want a quicky or one night stand from a studly man.

It's as though an intelligent women can think in extra dimension invisible to the less than average IQ guy.

After the first 10 or 15 minutes of being with someone new, the surface beauty disappears and the underlying person shines through. Many "geeks" are highly intelligent, sensitive to what the other person is saying, understand what is really meant and can have a deep conversation which goes on for hours.

FYI: IRL, looks attract at 50 feet in a bar, but, real long term sexual attraction is between two minds first, bodies second.
 Escorpia
Msg: 1027
view profile
History
Why do stunning women go for geeks
Posted: 2/7/2010 1:44:03 PM
Thank you for hitting it on the Button ;-)
 georgiebaby2010
Msg: 1028
Posted: 2/21/2010 1:13:34 PM
just because ur probably stuck up your own arse, dont mean u aint a geek,
 Stingtwo
Msg: 1029
Posted: 2/21/2010 9:17:16 PM
Tell me....where can these women be found?
 Radium_Girl
Msg: 1030
Posted: 2/22/2010 4:49:11 PM
Not every guil wants a tool, some girls want someone who is smart, and a guy who knows how to treat a lady.. yet again someone who is good in bed doesn't hurt nether ...
 green023
Msg: 1031
Posted: 2/22/2010 7:58:11 PM
Whenever an attractive woman is dating a less attractive man, the man often has some other quality that appeals to her. Whether it's money, fame, power, intelligence, personality etc. There is also a possibility that he was much more physically attractive when they first started dating each other.
Msg: 1032
Posted: 2/22/2010 8:23:06 PM
Maybe those geeks have a ton of money. They are geeks after all therefore in all likelihood very smart. Bill Gates comes to mind. Beaten with an ugly stick and very much a geek yet married to a nice looking woman who probably would not of looked his way if he did not have what he has. Then again maybe the geeks you see with these woman really are great guys and these women are truly in love with them.
 TallChick61
Msg: 1033
Posted: 2/22/2010 8:45:24 PM
I probably don't qualify for stunning, but I do like geeks. I love smarts with a quirky sense of humor that surprises me and challenges me to think of things from a different perspective. A guy who doesn't have much of a filter, who speaks before he thinks, will let you know where you stand. Sometimes "social skills" are overrated.
 TawktoMe
Msg: 1034
Posted: 2/23/2010 4:07:21 PM
I have no idea. I can be viewed as a geek and stunning women do not flock to me. I dont think the majority or even a huge chunk of them go for geeks. Instead, I think its more memorable to see a stunner with a geek.
 minako79
Msg: 1035
Posted: 2/23/2010 8:23:56 PM
nothing wrong with being a geek.
just be yourself and be true to yourself and someone will appreciate you for who you are.

i rather date with someone who will treat me with the same respect and kindnss in return. it doesn't matter to me.
 KillingForCupcakes
Msg: 1036
Posted: 2/23/2010 10:05:42 PM

This is fiction. Show me one example of this happening in real life and outside of adolescence. I thought it was the 'geeks' who were complaining that women only go out with good looking jocks and players?

Ok we'll leave out the RICH men like Bill Gates and Donald Trump who are both ugly as sin and managed to marry some really beautiful women because well...you'll just claim that they are gold diggers so let's bypass that mess and go on to some celebrity couples who are BOTH making money so we can probably rule out "gold digging" from the equation:

Heidi Klum and Seal....that dude is gross...she is gorgeous...yet they fell in love, got married and started making kids.

Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones...come on seriously? Seems so unlikely, he's so old and I know that he USED to be good looking but he is NOT hot now...she makes her own money and he makes plenty of his own...so we cannot say it's his money she's after...and let's just say for one second that it's the money she's after...why shouldn't she or Heidi be able to get a HOT guy who makes lots of money? They very easily could.

More examples:
Cate Blanchette and Andrew Upton, Julia Roberts and Lyle Lovett, Megan Gale and Andy Lee, Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley, Marilyn Manson and Evan Rachel Wood, DJ Qualls and Nikki Reed, Jack Black and Tanya Hayden...

All examples of the not so attractive with drop dead gorgeous women. It happens in reality.

and in reference to the geeks being the ones to complain about women only going after jocks and players...well...both the OPs assertion and your comment are simply what people to do complain about why THEY aren't getting a date...it has little to do with their postulate being true in any way...it just as to do with why they personally can't seem to get a date with someone they deem attractive. Time to take a good look at one's self and see what the problem might be. Hint: it usually has little to do with how one looks and more to do with attitudes.
 pirateheaven
Msg: 1037
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2010 10:11:54 PM
One reason is that some great looking women want to be the center of attention, so they marry a bad looking geek. That way when they enter a room, all eyes are on them.

Another reason is a geek will most likely give her plenty of attention that other men wouldn't.
 susanna1957
Msg: 1038
Posted: 2/24/2010 1:03:14 AM
Looks mean nothing to gorgeous women,,,
 Katelove
Msg: 1039
Posted: 2/24/2010 2:29:18 AM
i'm absolutely agree. my friend who like 18 years old younger than her husband who isn't good looking at all. at first, i was kind curious about that too but afraid to ask questions my friend but once i get to know both of them for while then i knew my answers; he respects, loves, honests, and cares his family. hell! yeaa my answer will say yes too.
 brightestblue
Msg: 1040
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2010 2:53:31 AM
I used to live in Portland, Oregon, and in the 90's, it was a veritable hotbed of geeks with gorgeous wives. Of course, the geeks were largely engineers, making big bucks at high tech companies. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

I do wonder (well, okay, not a lot) what happened to many of those marriages when the boom went bust and those engineers were laid off by the thousands.
 green023
Msg: 1041
Posted: 2/24/2010 7:00:07 AM

Heidi Klum and Seal....that dude is gross...she is gorgeous...yet they fell in love, got m
Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones...come on seriously? Seems so unlikely, he's so old and I know that he USED to be good looking but he is NOT hot now...she makes her own money and he makes plenty of his own...so we cannot say it's his money she's after...and let's just say for one second that it's the money she's after...why shouldn't she or Heidi be able to get a HOT guy who makes lots of money? They very easily could.

More examples:
Cate Blanchette and Andrew Upton, Julia Roberts and Lyle Lovett, Megan Gale and Andy Lee, Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley, Marilyn Manson and Evan Rachel Wood, DJ Qualls and Nikki Reed, Jack Black and Tanya Hayden...

All examples of the not so attractive with drop dead gorgeous women. It happens in reality.

Although these women are rich, money can still be a factor. There are some rich women who wouldn't date a man if he made a lot less money than she did. Or if he wasn't famous or powerful. As I mentioned earlier, some women would disregard looks if a man is rich, famous, powerful etc. Would a woman like Heidi date someone like Seal if he was a janitor or a construction worker? I won't say it's impossible. But it would probably be less likely or common.
 KillingForCupcakes
Msg: 1042
Posted: 2/24/2010 8:37:49 AM
Yes those women are rich but so is the husband...if the case is that both the husband and the wife are rolling in dough...why would she not choose another man rolling in dough who is HOT instead of the funky looking dudes that some of them are dating? What makes that guy attractive to her that she would be willing to overlook or totally not regard appearance when both of them are rich and there is a plethora of available hot looking rich men out there? It has to be about something other than money...he makes her laugh? Perhaps she thinks he's less likely to cheat? Or is more humble and less full of himself? I don't know I'm just speculating.

I can't really provide a list of Joe Schmoes that I know where the girl is hot and the guy is not ...cause well, you wouldn't know who the heck I was talking about...but I've seen it happen. Happens a lot in my church actually. Really beautiful women who are with guys who are short and round or balding or geeky nerd boys. I know why they are with these guys and it has nothing to do with money or looks. It's about their spirit. They are looking for a man who is after God's own heart and who walks the walk and talks the talk of a Christian man. These guys aren't chasing after them because of their looks, because they want a hottie arm candy trophy wife...or to just get them into bed....they share the desire to meet a person who worships and believes in the same God and doesn't just go to church but lives their lives according to biblical principals. I know a lot of you think this is crap but I've seen it, I know these people and I get it. It makes perfect sense to me why they are together and why their relationships seem to be working out. It's not based on something as superficial as how the person looks which will change once they start getting older.
 duane28
Msg: 1043
Posted: 2/24/2010 9:17:25 AM
Why make the assumption that all geeks are ugly and unattractive? That's really a hurtful stereotype.

It's all about self-confidence. Many of us geeks are good-looking, attractive, intelligent, witty, charming and confident.

Not only do we understand advanced calculus, quantum physics and string theory, but we also sweep the ladies off their feet with ease!

OK, well maybe I'm exaggerating a bit with my analysis but you get the point!
 Bablynbrook
Msg: 1044
Posted: 2/24/2010 9:41:25 AM
It isn't just about looks or money. I, like many women, need mental stimulation. The quickest way to get to me is to be intellegent and open-minded. Geeks arent afraid to be themselves and it is refreshing to be around that. To let your hair down and have fun and not worry about what other people think is very liberating and a blast. Also, geeks can be the best lovers. Why? Because they do their research, they know the erogonous zones on a womans body and take their time pleasing a woman. They care about our feelings and arent afraid to open up about themselves. I would take a geek anyday...oh wait...I already did!
 stayfit4life
Msg: 1045
Posted: 2/24/2010 9:46:01 AM
Damn lets see, I need to either have lots of money, fast car, big mansion on beach or be a geek. Dang I am screwed I have none of those, no wonder I can't find anyone who even wants to have a conversation LOL I am screwed...
 green023
Msg: 1046
Posted: 2/24/2010 9:24:04 PM
Yes those women are rich but so is the husband...if the case is that both the husband and the wife are rolling in dough...why would she not choose another man rolling in dough who is HOT instead of the funky looking dudes that some of them are dating? What makes that guy attractive to her that she would be willing to overlook or totally not regard appearance when both of them are rich and there is a plethora of available hot looking rich men out there? It has to be about something other than money...he makes her laugh? Perhaps she thinks he's less likely to cheat? Or is more humble and less full of himself? I don't know I'm just speculating.

Yes there could be other additional reasons why these female celebrities are with their current boyfriend / husband. My point is some women that are rich / famous may want to date a man that is around the same "level" in terms of income or social status. They might care more about a man's income, social status, fame, power etc than his looks. That could be one of the possible reason(s) why their boyfriends are rich or famous. But not overly attractive.
 KillingForCupcakes
Msg: 1047
Posted: 2/26/2010 12:15:33 PM

They might care more about a man's income, social status, fame, power etc than his looks. That could be one of the possible reason(s) why their boyfriends are rich or famous. But not overly attractive.

which was my point to begin with...when the playing field regarding MONEY is even....she makes a truckload of money...he makes a truck load of money...then we cannot simply assume that just because the guy is not good looking (by whose standards anyway?) that she is with him simply for his money. There could be OTHER reasons...which is why I am wondering...if she makes a lot of money and there are plenty of SUPER RICH MEN in the dating pool for her to choose from....why go for the "less attractive" guy vs the really hot hunka burning love? Was just pointing out that it's not all about MONEY like some guys and gals) like to assume.

I was also trying to point out that there were plenty of examples of this happening in real life where a prior poster was trying to say this never happens, that the nerdy guys are always complaining that the hot women go for hot guys and they don't have a chance...well yes...that happens too...but to say that hot women never hook up with guys that not what everyone would deem conventionally attractive is just false as we have plenty of examples among celebrities.
 Sefra
Msg: 1048
Posted: 2/26/2010 6:04:23 PM
Not that I am anywhere near gorgeous, but I gotta say...men with money are pretty disgusting.

In the past 2 or 3 years, I have dated very wealthy gentlemen... one of which actually own a law firm... another a very successful doctor who was in his early 40s.... And, to be honest, the men with money have nothing on the men with passion...

Men with passion and a certain j'nais c'est quai (sp?) is much more attractive.

I would much rather spend time with a man with a personality that isn't timid or premeditated than a man with so much money that he suffers from either parsimony or frugality...

You can buy some love... but it generally doesn't last.
 KCowboy
Msg: 1049
Posted: 2/26/2010 10:42:23 PM
GEEK is the new CHIC

'nuff said.
 greenhills
Msg: 1050
Posted: 2/27/2010 2:16:08 AM
I must say, I am impressed. An obvious troll post has over 1000 responses.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do stunning women go for geeks