Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Confused about "You're too old for me" responses from women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 476
Confused about You're too old for me responses from womenPage 20 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)

What would they have in common?

Maybe he's the son she never had?
 BBEisBack
Msg: 477
view profile
History
Confused about You're too old for me responses from women
Posted: 6/22/2016 6:24:51 PM

Which is why I said "almost".
It is not pedophilia, but does contain the same amount of ick factor.

If You think Sex between Consenting Adults has the Same ICK Factor as Pedophilia.....

Then You're the Weird one..... They're no where near the Same......
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 478
Posted: 6/22/2016 6:43:21 PM
Mmm... There's definitely some grey areas. If you look at laws and age of consent, for example. I think the age of consent is different in different states. In Canada, it's currently sixteen, but used to be fourteen. It gets really complicated when people under sixteen have sex; at different ages, there are different numbers of years apart that are legal. What can be legal on someone's birthday can result in someone (a legal adult, an eighteen-year-old) being labelled a sex offender for life the day before the birth date. Specifically, the person is convicted of sexual interference, or "pedophelia", if you will - whatever you want to call it, it's what gets you shanked in jail.

Then there's the ethical side of things. The basis of the laws is to avoid power imbalance in sexual relationships. It's legal in Canada for a fifty year old to have consensual sex with a sixteen year old (if the fifty year old isn't an authority figure). Is there a power imbalance? (Is it ethical?) Well, not if the fifty year old has the mentality of a sixteen year old, I suppose.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 479
Posted: 6/22/2016 8:07:24 PM
Why do I feel that is a dig at me?
 aintnodeal
Msg: 480
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2016 10:41:00 PM
It's not about the numbers at all. It's a canned response - a way to say "I reject you" that you will believe instead of the REAL reason which could be anything under the sun. It's just easier to say "too old" and leave it at that.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 481
Posted: 6/30/2016 7:25:18 AM
@AintNoDeal
I would have PM'd you but don't meet your mail settings. Just want to say welcome back (although sorry you're back; I'd hoped you disappeared because you'd found someone for the long term).

You've always been one of my favorite posters - insightful and articulate. Wishing you peace on this leg of your journey.
-CynM
 cw35
Msg: 482
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2016 7:54:00 PM
Almost every woman on POF wants to date about 20-30 years younger. I can only assume it's some kind of insecurity issue or they only care about the physical side of the relationship. This site must have a huge failure rate since everyone is looking to date someone their kids age yet nobody is allowed to email anyone over a 14 year age difference. lol In one way I can understand it. I don't know about men's profiles but the women's profile pictures look 20 years older a lot of the time. I notice it a lot when I look at different age ranges. People on here that are in their 20's look 15 years older and a lot of women in their forties actually look a lot older than my mother. I can't believe it sometimes it's that striking. Not sure if age is accelerating due to pollution and chemicals or what but it doesn't look like we're aging too well overall.
 reintree
Msg: 483
Posted: 7/13/2016 8:03:04 PM
^^^ I don't think many want to date 20-30 years younger. I'm sure every woman commenting on here has no desire to date someone they could have given birth to. I know I don't want someone my child's age. I still think of my adult children as children. And you can't even message someone 14 years younger here. Just because someone doesn't want to date YOU, it doesn't mean they want 20-30 years younger. How many women aged 67 to 77 have been contacting you? Hussies. Give women more credit for being realists.

I'm not saying many don't want younger, both men and women. But the vast majority do the 5 years +/- their age. Who needs to babysit and who needs one foot in the grave?
 patmc33709
Msg: 484
Posted: 7/14/2016 5:17:17 AM
I personally have dayed women older than myself infact my last relationship was with a woman 5 years my age and it ladyed 23 years
 TheReason_
Msg: 496
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2016 11:28:20 AM
Everybody wants someone younger. It just is what it is.
 moonbeamlover1
Msg: 497
Posted: 12/1/2016 12:10:26 AM
who are these " all people" everyone speaks of? I have always personally felt more comfortable around people older than me.., yet the vast majority of people who approach me are the 5-15 ( sometimes more) years younger than me. so apparently they and I both missed the memo for what everyone supposedly wants.

if they approach me in spite of my age I will talk to them but if they do because of it I run. not looking for cougar hunters. nothing flattering about that to me. It's about the person not the age... though I way prefer my age or older personally. in fact I know very few women that go for way younger. it is the exception not the rule.
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 498
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2016 2:13:50 PM

Everybody wants someone younger. It just is what it is.

Not true at all. I regularly have much younger men message me. MUCH younger. As in 15-25 years younger. They obviously are not looking for someone younger. They don't even want their own age! They want an older woman.

My ex is seeing someone 27 years younger. Yes, he likes younger women, but she obviously likes older men!
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 499
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2016 2:53:53 PM
The age gap would have been at least 30 years whatever way you look at it. It is not a normal dynamic for a man to go for a woman who could be his mother in a sexual way. He was kind of the toyboy and she probably spoiled him and mothered him. You dont know what really happened with that friendship. He may not have wanted a normal family life, whatever.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 500
Posted: 12/1/2016 2:58:00 PM
^^^^^ msg 525

There's a big dif between someone younger looking for a booty call from a much older person , thinking " oh, this should be easy, she'll see how young I am and won't want to pass up on the opportunity to have a romp with a young buck "

vs

A much younger person wanting a serious relationship with a much older person

UNLESS the older person is really rich and on their death bed....but it's usually women who do that....mostly.....Are there any male versions of Anna Nicole Smith ????
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Confused about "You're too old for me" responses from women