Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > what are some of the times you most miss a relationship-not the obvio      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Glenoran1
Msg: 52
what are some of the times you most miss a relationship-not the obvious onesPage 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
^^^^^ Taoistic1, bitter-sweet it is, but it also highlights whether the person making the comments is remembering through a glass-half-full or -half-empty frame of mind, or just perhaps, they are remembering both (a balanced approach).

When a person studies for a test, 'last in is first remembered', because it's fresher. Same with a relationship. The ending, especially emotionally-charged as it usually is (be it a passing or a break-up), tends to make it the part that is remembered most forcefully. It is good to remind oneself (or be reminded by threads such as this) of the good times that went before, especially if the relationship was a happy one -- all the little things that drew you close and kept you close.

It is a reaffirmation of the promises of happiness that are inherent in a good relationship. Whether those promises are broken later on is a moot point; thing is, they did exist, they were shared by the partners, and love was expressed and received in wonderful ways.
 southmeetswest
Msg: 53
view profile
History
what are some of the times you most miss a relationship-not the obvious ones
Posted: 10/17/2011 4:02:02 AM
glenoran

i really appreciate your insight and ability to convey the messages.

your example

"last in is first remembered"

that is so true initially.

thankfully, my favorite, trusted healer, TIME, allows the good memories to resurface.

kaylee
 HappinessOK
Msg: 54
Posted: 10/17/2011 7:41:49 AM
Sunday is the worst day of the week for me as a single person..its the day that all my friends are doing their family time. I have noone to hang out with and I jst miss that wonderful feeling of having someone of your own to hang out with to do together things. Cooking for one is no fun either!

Going to a wedding or similar function I miss having a partner.

Recently I returned from a wonderful vacation ..I went on my own..when I came home I felt soo alone and lonely..there was noone to tell what a wonderful vacation I'd had.

Most of the time Im ok with being single....to do as I please, when I please.
 unspoiled
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2011 3:11:14 PM
Being greeted upon arriving home.
Having someone to think about.
 LuvADKs
Msg: 56
Posted: 10/17/2011 4:33:37 PM
I haven't read all the other replies, but here's my 2 cents:

I miss having someone around to do things with on the weekends. During the week my job and my kids take up most of my time. Friday evening is usually "out with friends" night. But Saturday and Sunday evenings, it would really be nice to have someone around.

(But I get over it come Monday morning...)
 Glenoran1
Msg: 57
Posted: 10/17/2011 4:39:40 PM
Southmeetswest, thanks for the kind words. Yes, time has helped enormously, and I'm delighted to hear it has for you, too.
 southmeetswest
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2011 6:25:41 PM
i could have used a spider killer last night. that thing was huge and hopping up and down. i got it though!
 Glenoran1
Msg: 59
Posted: 10/18/2011 7:09:59 PM
I just evict spiders. I don't kill anything I don't have to.
 Maleman999
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/18/2011 7:28:30 PM
I used to be the designated spider killer. But now I have a cat that catches and eats spiders, flies and ants, so the bug problem is covered.
 southmeetswest
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2011 7:47:37 PM
glen

i don't like to kill anything either. but this thing was not eviction material. larger than a half dollar and was jumping like a tai kwon do expert!

i was afraid to let him get away and out of sight to show up later in the bedroom! would never have been able to sleep til i hunted him down.......
 Cynderella
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2011 9:07:59 PM
I miss someone who worships my piggies (toes) lol

I miss being missed...
 Glenoran1
Msg: 63
Posted: 10/19/2011 12:14:38 AM
Yes, Southmeetswest, that's true. I've awakened with spider bites on occasion. Sure does itch! Admittedly, at those times my pacifistic nature tends to give way to more aggressive tendencies. But by then the spider has usually done an efficient disappearing act (grin).
 CarKam1
Msg: 64
Posted: 10/19/2011 7:26:56 AM
I am in a new relationship after being single for just over 7 years and I didn't realize how much I missed being snuggled to sleep, random texts meant to make me smile, the caress of fingers on my skin to slowly wake me up in the morning, walking arm in arm or the feel of my man's arms around me after a tough day at work. It's been a long time coming...
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 65
Posted: 10/19/2011 7:40:39 AM
having a man besides the Lord to trust in...
 Technoartisan
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/2/2012 4:56:08 PM
I think what I miss most about my last relationship was her dancing. I don't dance. Not at all. She, though, is quite good at it. I'd sit at the computer and spin-up some upbeat tunes and she'd just start moving. Nothing made her happier and I got enjoy watching.
 Aura1shine
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/3/2012 3:44:42 PM
Kaylee: Thanks to start this post. It helps to remind us to work harder to maintain a relationship when opportunity given to us again. Something that we are treasured during a good time in relationship, evaluated what was the cause to end that relationship and not have a history repeat itself.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > what are some of the times you most miss a relationship-not the obvious ones