Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Thinking about breaking up      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Thinking about breaking up Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Being nice to "nice guys" make things worse.
 pinkoleander
Msg: 21
Thinking about breaking up
Posted: 8/28/2011 12:42:16 PM
Yes, OP you're being picky. Way too picky. I'm glad you posted about this so we could set you straight.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2011 12:45:03 PM
I'm stumped by two things here:

1. why someone started trying to have this thread deleted for "copyright violations," and

2. why you have any reason to even ASK the questions you do here, OP.

You didn't mention anything remotely positive about this guy at all. Thus I keep shaking my head, expecting that I will discover that this is all a put-up job, a troll post with an elaborate fake profile behind it.

Assuming you are real, why in the WORLD would you spend more than two minutes with a ....thing like you describe? I would expect you could find at least five much more attractive males, who would be AT LEAST as interested in you as a person and as a potential lover, just by going to a local store and saying "hey dude!" in a loud voice.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/28/2011 12:57:24 PM
Does he have a job? Why has he only taken you out 2 times in 6 weeks? Is he just coming over, hanging around your house? He has money to buy smokes, so then he has money to take you out on a date. Where does he live? In an apartment or with his parents? He doesn't seem like he owns a home, he doesn't even own a bar of soap. Does he have have access to laundry facilities? I'm sure he does, so, he likes to wear dirty clothes. If he isn't putting on clean clothes, is he bathing? I don't think he is. Usually those things go together. Is he smoking in your home? That is so disrespectful, at least go outside. It's very hard to date a smoker, the smell is repulsive. A smoker tried to kiss me once & I started coughing, almost gagging, it was disgusting it was like licking an ashtray. I had to pull away, it was so nasty, big turnoff. Why doesn't he wear underwear? I don't think it's healthy to let the family jewels swing around. Also, if he wears shorts, is it falling out? Underwear is not expensive. Maybe he is spending his underwear money on smokes. The not washing his hands is a health hazard. Who knows where those hands have been, then they touch the organ, then he wants to put the organ in you, NO. Hand washing & organ washing is a basic thing he should have been taught as a child. He is living like a homeless person. He is about as clean as one. I can tell you from my personal past experience, his family & friends told him not to screw this up b/c he has screwed up many relationships in the past. The 2 of you are mismatched. You are out of his league. You need a guy who has a job, is a non smoker, & has his own interests. He doesn't have to take you out all the time, but 2 times in 6 weeks is ridiculous. You are a pretty girl & will not have a problem replacing this guy w/a man better suited to you. Get rid of him before he comes into your home w/head lice. Those buggers are a pain to get rid of.
 ren2011
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/28/2011 1:12:07 PM
There is nothing to think about. He is showing you who he is-it's time to believe him and cut and run.

If you stay, you are sending a message that he is okay as he is-and for you it appears he is not.
 Tremolux
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/28/2011 1:34:29 PM
To your Romeo in Decaying Repose I suggest you tell him in no uncertain terms: "Out, out, damned spot!"
 Easygoin68a
Msg: 26
Posted: 8/28/2011 1:37:31 PM
Moto - Read your profile.. You seem confident, intelligent, and very attractive. why in the world would you want this life leech to suck the life out of you?

He was on his best behavior for 2 weeks, and then the real person came out. SO, ask yourself. Am I perfectly fine with being fed off, or do I deserve better? Only you could answer that question. if you were my daughter - I would be having a heart-to-heart with you.

Good luck
 SylvanSwan
Msg: 27
Posted: 8/28/2011 3:02:50 PM
One word: YUCK.

Why would you take a man who has no job (I'm assuming), been living out of his truck, has a bad non-stop cigarette smoking habit, can't bother to wear underwear, wash his hands or his filthy clothes?

And you've been having sex with this guy? Again: Yuck!!

Pack his dirty sh1t and tell him that it is time for him to leave.

Please expect more for yourself. And good luck.
 Buckets_of_Sky
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/28/2011 6:19:10 PM
What would you say to a friend if he/she asked you that question? You already know the answer. Do him a favor and get him out of your house and life today.
 Archangel_07
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/28/2011 6:31:32 PM
OP you know what to do. He's not for you and you should want someone that is compatible for you. Best of luck OP
 SweetofSerendipity
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/28/2011 6:35:22 PM
No, you're not too picky. If you are frustrated now, you'll really be at your wits end later on. Just recognize you're not compatible and move on...or stick with him and be aware you will be dragging him along in life.
 Tim0066
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/28/2011 6:38:41 PM

he's never washed his clothes since he's been with me. Right now he's wearing the same shirt and shorts for 6 days. He never wears underwear or washes his hands after using the washroom. Maybe that's typical for a guy?

Let me start by saying... dump him fast, very fast... like now.

A lot of guys don't wash after going to washroom, I notice it, especially at bars... one reason I've made it a habit to never shake guys hands at bars lol

The guy doesn't wash his clothes, thats just nasty... I've worn a work shirt a second day if I only wore it the night before after getting out of the shower, technically its wearing it two days in a row lol... the not wearing underwear thing on rare occasions is one thing but doing it all the time is because his underwear starts to stink so bad even he can smell it probably wears no socks for same reason...

Amazing what a girl will put up with just because a guy is hot... no substance and unclean... hmmm "should I keep dating him?? I need advice!"

ummm no you don't need advice lol... you already know what to do.

Just tell him you started dating the Maytag Repairman who came to fix your washing machine...
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/28/2011 6:50:20 PM
u slept with him wayy too soon..and now u cant get rid of him?? Its ur own fault, baby.
 Jypzee
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/28/2011 6:55:54 PM
no job=slacker+no bath and wearing same clothes for a week=slob+no home of his own=bum, add it all up=loser..u r better off minus this one
 unclezeus
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/28/2011 10:20:24 PM

I hope someone can help me with this.Is this guy maybe just not right for me?

No.

There is your answer you could not come up with on your own. Just a "No".

Really really simple....."No".

Now what are you going to do?

So maybe he thinks he doesn't have to do anything because I'm the money maker?

Very likely.
He would be what I would consider the new generation of wussified boys born from castrated males.
Eventually this would happen since the mass castration of maleness during the 1970s.
We'll very likely see more and more of this over the next decade.
 unclezeus
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/28/2011 10:23:27 PM

He never wears underwear or washes his hands after using the washroom. Maybe that's typical for a guy?

No it isn't.

Stop thinking and dump his ass on the curb with the garbage haul.
 morta1ez
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2011 10:56:14 PM
From what I remember from when I was that age, I'm willing to guess this guy is:
A. very good looking
B. in a band
C. extremely smart, charming, or very deep in the way he communicates.
D. a trust fund baby finding himself.
E. all of the above.
 oompa-loompa
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/29/2011 12:06:05 AM
I think everyone else summed it up, and just to put the hammer to the nail;

If you get pregnant by this guy, it'll be too late. Act fast!
 x_file
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/29/2011 6:29:57 AM
You need two pieces of advice:

1) Pertaining to this guy:

Not for you. Clearly you are not happy with him. Move on.

2) Pertaining to you:

You obviously don't have enough dating experience and have a lousy judgement when it comes to men. Your picker is broken. You seem incapable of making decisions (at least about men) based on fairly straight forward facts.

You are 22. Try dating guys about 5-8 years older than you.
 palmer f
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2011 10:19:40 AM
Only someone with low self esteem would deal with someone that long. He must really clean up nice. Get ready to used as example of no matter how sloppy a guy is, if he's hot enough, there's some woman, somewhere that will put up with it.

I think if I was a guy in your age range, I would pass you by just picking such a loser. Goes to show me that even though you have the intelligence, you are sorely lacking any kind of common sense.

We know, from your post, that he's a unclean loser, but what I'm curious about is why are you so desperate to be with such an obvious loser. What is it about you that makes you want someone that, from all counts, you have nothing in common with. Do you really need to be with a man that you are willing to be with "this" man so that you won't be alone?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Thinking about breaking up