Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Relationships & Texting      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sportcars
Msg: 44
Relationships & TextingPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
hi...texting got unlimited... u can talk first than texting for just a case leave a message...it good an idea to texting to gf gm beauitful and miss u last night...*smile* So it remind u he in love with woman.... if bf is working... but im hard of hearing.....john
 smokincigars
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Relationships & Texting
Posted: 8/31/2011 3:49:42 PM
Texting was never designed as a means of carrying on a conversation. It's good for short messages and replies to same, but it can't convey feelings and emotions the way a voice call or longer message (e-mail, online chat) can. I use texting when it's appropriate, but hate using it when it leads to long back-and-forth exchanges.
 Tremolux
Msg: 46
Relationships & Texting
Posted: 8/31/2011 5:13:39 PM
"Texting" for me is a non-starter as I do not have a cellphone. I am strictly land line bound until that is rendered obsolete. Texting is also quite difficult for me as I have this lifelong addiction to the "crack" of real words, sentences, and paragraphs. Talking on the phone is okay as preliminary mode of communication, but real time, face to face dialogue is the way to go.
 LinuxD
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Relationships & Texting
Posted: 8/31/2011 5:58:42 PM
I just had to deal with this myself tonite. I explained via IM that is she wasnt gonna move it forward and we talk on the phone I was out of there. . Started off with e mails and then texting and then IM and it stagnated. i had offered a few times to call and was always either ignored or just not responded to.

I explained that I am NOT going to have a text based relationship and if there was not personal interaction then she was free to go find someone who was willing to settle for it.

She called within 2 min.
 Pattycake1949
Msg: 48
Relationships & Texting
Posted: 8/31/2011 6:56:24 PM
I met a nice man on here ( I thought) He never would call me only text AND just wanted to see me one night a week, not seeing him anymore!
 jmark4
Msg: 49
Relationships & Texting
Posted: 8/31/2011 11:30:49 PM
the computer age has created a society that cant' communicate, especially one on one. it's now the in thing to text. Texting is good for mindless little messages during the day but I want to talk to the person. I dont need to text them 100 times a day with trivial little things.

Look at the forums. Men and women won't ask what their partner is thinking or feeling, but they have no problem asking strangers in a forum to decipher and read the mind of the guy because they have no clue how to communicate with them.

A friend of mine asked me this morning; "I think my boyfriend is mad at me; he ate breakfast and didnt' say much. Do you think he was mad?"

My answer,"well I'm not very good at mind reading and I dont know him all that well so instead of asking me, you should ask him.."

I would rather talk than text. Texting to me is lazy; it allows you to do the least possible to communicate in the least of ways.
 cooldog65
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Relationships & Texting
Posted: 8/31/2011 11:45:29 PM
Jmark4: Well said. Texting is way too slow for me. I can speak alot faster than I can type/swype and without the extra time to correct typos. I also speak in long stretches which is not compatible with texting. It may work for younger shorter attention span generation, but I grew up in a different age and would not trade it for today.
 _shakti_
Msg: 51
Relationships & Texting
Posted: 9/1/2011 12:47:55 PM
^^ Especially if she has an iPhone and it's laying on a counter somewhere..

Nothing wrong with sexting at work, lol..
 cooldog65
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Relationships & Texting
Posted: 9/1/2011 4:57:25 PM
Reddragon: Good point especially for quick message. After about 3 exchanges back and forth, time for phone call. I try to keep my texting that way as a minor form of communication.
 3xsacharmsotheysay
Msg: 53
Relationships & Texting
Posted: 9/2/2011 4:43:15 PM
["what color panties U hav on today".]

Yes you can send that out to a 100 different women... how personal!!! I know I'm excited!!
 Supersillyous
Msg: 54
Relationships & Texting
Posted: 9/16/2011 6:18:51 PM
I think texting has its uses. But beware the person who only communicates by text. I had an ex like that, unsurprisingly we weren't together long!
 SC67
Msg: 55
Relationships & Texting
Posted: 9/16/2011 6:28:28 PM

beware the person who only communicates by text

ughh...those people are so annoying & without fail they are the ones who just want to hook up... My guess...they're ashamed of what they're saying & can't say it in real life.
 sunvalleyvixen
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Relationships & Texting
Posted: 9/23/2011 11:43:48 PM
Totally agree! I have certainly found that texting leaves way to much to be interpreted or misinterpreted to be exact. Thing is...there is so much we can't see, hear or comprehend in a few simple shorthand words. We are not able to hear tones of voice which personally I find very frustrating. In one of my relationships in particular I actually had the man tell me once..."We both have problems texting" of course in our phone call afterward (yes, that text warranted a call, lol) we agreed that we did not have trouble texting, as we did it for 2-3 hours each night, but the troubles stemmed from not clearly comprehending what the other was getting at half the time leaving us with more questions, hurt feelings and basically getting the wrong message 50% of the time. Texting is so NOT a great form of communication, easy, convenient, quick certainly but thats about it for me!!!
 Casper66
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Relationships & Texting
Posted: 9/24/2011 12:24:32 AM
I don't mind texting for quick messages, but I hate it for any type of conversation or an alternative to open communication face to face where I can see the person's body and facial reactions. I had this guy want to constantly text, when I suggested we start talking on the phone or better yet meet in person I got excuses and continued texts, I ended because it was driving me crazy and don't get me started on textspeak, the butchering of a language. So I agree with the OP that it has caused the demise of some of my potential relationships.
 Playing with Madness
Msg: 58
Relationships & Texting
Posted: 9/24/2011 12:39:24 PM
Texting has become a saving grace for me.

No more of those embarrassing moments when they can hear Rick Astley plying in the background while answering the phone.

I have perfected the art of texting while showering. Hmmm, wonder if anyone out there that I text with is scared now!

Texting just allows us to go about our daily routines with minimal interruptions.

Oh, and that whole Sexting thing, wowsers!

cooldog65
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Relationships & Texting
Posted: 9/24/2011 8:26:26 PM
@Playing with Madness: I feel a Rick roll coming...I have to disagree on some of your points. I would prefer speaker phone when showering or just call back afterwards. Need my hands free for showering.

Texting may be a minimal interruption sometimes, but the stopping what you're doing to text is an interruption in itself.

As for sexting, nice to have text/picture/video to save in your phone, but it can't beat phone sex which is a more simultaneous/joint experience. You get to hear the sexy voice and once again, your hands are free. You really want to be sexting with lube on your hands? The younger generation is missing out on the beauty and sensuality of voice and emotion.
 gypsysoul52
Msg: 60
Relationships & Texting
Posted: 9/30/2011 2:01:10 PM
It's no wonder I don't own a cell phone and never will! After reading through some of the posts, I think I'd end up in the looney bin having to deal with that kind of communication day in and day out.
 _shakti_
Msg: 61
Relationships & Texting
Posted: 9/30/2011 2:16:16 PM
I don't actually understand how texting implies you are unable to communicate?

I communicate just fine and appreciate all forms of it. I think texting has its time and place and I quite enjoy it with certain people.

I've noticed that it has its own brand of 'compatibility', just like emailing or msn.. which doesn't necessarily translate to the phone or real life.

But, as with all things, it really depends on how one uses it.

I don't honestly get how it's so demonized. Yes, some people hide behind it, but those same people can hide behind the computer or the phone too.

If you don't like texting, say so and stick to it. Maybe even put it in your profile.

Personally, I like that little twinge of excitement I get when I notice a text from someone I am interested in.
 timestandstillfla
Msg: 62
Relationships & Texting
Posted: 10/1/2011 1:18:28 AM
I'm going back to the rotary phone on my jitterbug.

timestandstillfla
Msg: 63
Relationships & Texting
Posted: 10/1/2011 1:22:03 AM
wut bout txtng my s corts
lol
duz that f ect mi lay shun ship then??

timestandstillfla
Msg: 64
Relationships & Texting
Posted: 10/1/2011 1:25:58 AM
What if God texted people.....
"This is God . Do you really need to be banging your boss/secretary as your husband/wife and the kids wait @ home for you"

How impersonall.....lol .

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Relationships & Texting