Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > ex sex      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 24
ex sexPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)

My ex and I have sex all the time

Then technically he is not your ex but has morphed into your current FWB.

I don't know what the hell I'm doing or why I continue to put myself through it but I can't stop for some reason

Sounds like your relationship has turned co-dependant ie this may be an addiction rather than love.
 CharminC
Msg: 25
ex sex
Posted: 9/3/2011 9:07:55 PM
Good gracious, I'd rather have a lobotomy than have ex sex!

Actually.....
a lobotomy is probably the only way I could muster ex sex.
 Playing with Madness
Msg: 26
ex sex
Posted: 9/3/2011 10:34:16 PM
I don't do re-runs, no matter what. In my opinion it ended for a reason why go back. Why waste your time and energy living in the past when you can move forward and look for new adventures and memories?
 Lowib
Msg: 27
ex sex
Posted: 9/7/2011 3:35:13 PM
its the worse thing to do, just pushed the pain to last longer.
 DoubleParked
Msg: 28
ex sex
Posted: 9/7/2011 3:57:39 PM
Sometimes 'ex sex' is just part of the separating process. Not really the best way to go about getting over someone, but it seems to be the norm. At least a few times. Almost a way to say 'no hard feelings' or 'see, there WAS something there'. We were not TOTALLY deluded about our feelings for each other.

The problem is when one takes it more seriously than the other. There was a reason you broke up, and sex never is enough to patch things together. Just a bit of familiarity and comfort. Best not to make it a habit.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 29
ex sex
Posted: 2/28/2017 12:23:09 PM
"I just recently had ex sex. Was just wondering if I can get any input from any of you guys and gals who have any experience with this. We have been broken up for 14 months. Have no intention of getting bad together. "

Oh but you should get bad together, sex is soooooooooo much better when you're both " bad " !
 Seki1949
Msg: 30
view profile
History
ex sex
Posted: 2/28/2017 10:57:26 PM
I came close to sex with an ex once. Glad I passed; it was the last thing we both needed.
 gtomustang
Msg: 31
ex sex
Posted: 3/1/2017 7:32:32 AM
Ex sex is like pizza. It sounds good at the time, but the results show up later. And then the next time its offered, you try it again.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 32
ex sex
Posted: 3/1/2017 7:40:59 AM
Ex sex isn't always the same thing to everyone. There are many variables involved.

Does one have an ulterior motive of hoping you will get back together ?
Does one make you pay for it by bringing up shit from the past before and/or after the actual sex takes place ?
Is the sex even good enough to make it worthwhile ?
Is the sex TOO good that it might make you think you SHOULD make another go of it ?

ETC ETC ETC

I have yet to regret ex sex
I usually miss it when she decides to move on but you should know going in that it's not meant to go on forever
 therainman2
Msg: 33
view profile
History
ex sex
Posted: 3/9/2017 8:55:23 PM
I had a friend who started random hook ups with his ex. She started having feelings for him again and it didn't end well.
 cooldog65
Msg: 34
view profile
History
ex sex
Posted: 3/12/2017 7:30:19 PM

Does one have an ulterior motive of hoping you will get back together ?

My last ex is the only one I've experienced this with. She used sex to draw me back in.

Is the sex TOO good that it might make you think you SHOULD make another go of it ?

See above. That's why we were on and off for about 8 years. I finally got off of that rollercoaster 4 years ago.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 35
ex sex
Posted: 3/12/2017 7:52:49 PM
I tried to wrap my head around this idea.................................hmmmmm....................nope...............no way in hell.

The ex's ARE ex's ...............they are ex's..............past................over, .....................no contact.............nothin' zip nada.
I would rather have a root canal..............without sedation.
 cooldog65
Msg: 36
view profile
History
ex sex
Posted: 3/12/2017 7:59:40 PM
^^^^^I learned the "hard" way. It was my "little head" that got something wrapped around it...
 benartflick
Msg: 37
ex sex
Posted: 3/13/2017 8:25:08 AM
My ex-wife was beautiful and apparently enjoyed sex after we divorced. I had sex with her numerous times until she remarried. Then I shut her off!

I had sex with my long time ex-girlfriend once after a night out together (plenty of drinks). She had business here in Florida and I ran into her on the beach in front of my house. If I lived in Ct, I'm confident we would have had more drinks together and possibly more ......
 LittleDreamGirl
Msg: 38
view profile
History
ex sex
Posted: 3/13/2017 9:58:48 AM
I've had ex-sex with at least 3 different exes and while it was very enjoyable I would never do it again. Because it was enjoyable it stirred up all kinds of feelings in me - both physical and emotional, and made me desire them again, for more than just a one-off ex-sex encounter. Of course I didn't get back with any of them and it just re-opened old feelings and wounds and caused me more pain than it was worth. With one of them the sex was so amazing and intense, I ended up having the biggest orgasm of my life. I will never forget that orgasm! Apparently he never forgot it either because 15 years later he stalks me on LinkedIn on a regular basis lol. If you are someone who cannot deaden your feelings for someone when you have sex with them ex sex is a terrible idea! Never again.
 south_city
Msg: 39
ex sex
Posted: 3/14/2017 7:50:59 AM
I did once. A relationship ended largely because she was moving to an area that was far from me. When she came back to my area to visit some relatives, we had sex. It was enjoyable for both of us. Sometimes, people can have sex with an ex without redeveloping an emotional connection or painful memories. Not all situations are the same or equal.
 somewhatJaded14U
Msg: 40
view profile
History
ex sex
Posted: 3/14/2017 9:08:09 AM
I ve had ex-sex with near about every single ex girlfriend I have ever had. Its like a second chance to give it to her in all the ways she always said she didnt like! LOL!
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 41
view profile
History
ex sex
Posted: 3/15/2017 12:37:58 AM
no responsibilities. one of you gets up and leaves. it is more exciting especially as it is kind of taboo.
If you make a habit of it you will be back in trouble and will remember why you split.

However "ex" is a loose term for some people.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 42
view profile
History
ex sex
Posted: 3/20/2017 10:24:08 AM

Sometimes 'ex sex' is just part of the separating process. Not really the best way to go about getting over someone, but it seems to be the norm.

I agree -- it is the norm that it can be. If there wasn't a totally diminishing falling-out, but you two part was peacefully and it's obvious that things aren't going to work in the end as a couple riding off into the sunset together to the nearest old-folks home... when at least somewhat on the same page of understanding, you can end up being FWB on some level during a transition period. I mean, it's not another notch on the belt... and many times you both have mutual friends to a certain degree where you Are going to be bumping into each other anyway... and it helps shift gears from together->apart.

Thing is though, that's not the majority of situations, of course. And, when you do roll that way, you don't want to let nature merely take it's course because one will end up wanting more, getting jealous ("Wait, you went out on few dates with someone??"), etc. But if you approach the situation well enough, you can keep drama down to a minimum and it can be a nice thing in the end. After all, it's in the opposite direction of what most people dread -- the significant other just "poof" disappearing out of nowhere one day.
 GhostRaven73
Msg: 43
ex sex
Posted: 3/27/2017 10:27:58 PM
I just reconnected with an ex who shatterd my soul years ago, friendly basis that is, but the idea of sex with an ex? . . . idk, never talked to them about it. Despite a weird dream of that before, not sure I would, not with our history.
 IMayBeCrazy_But
Msg: 44
ex sex
Posted: 3/29/2017 7:53:26 AM

Good gracious, I'd rather have a lobotomy than have ex sex!

+1
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > ex sex