Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > (Older) women and motorcycles? That many, really?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cooldog65
Msg: 312
view profile
History
Older women and motorcycles. Page 18 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)

Yeah that makes complete sense, because saying we like bikes and sports when we don’t mean it would be much more likely to attract men than a nice set of tits.

Thanks fleuron...I'll take the T & A.

I like women on bikes...as long as they ride me hard.
 Luv_Life_Now
Msg: 313
(Older) women and motorcycles? That many, really?
Posted: 9/17/2013 7:06:33 AM

All this talk reminds me of the time I was dating an Intern at a hospital. She told me "What do you call motorcycle riders"? "Organ donors." she replied.

Well, we're all going to die. My son had a seizure in the bathtub and drowned at 33, my husband had a heart attack at home at 55, my best friend's son broke his leg snow skiing and bled out at 28, my 46 year old friend died two weeks ago from complications with diabetes, my 55 year old friend is not going to make the end of the year with prostate cancer, just buried a 53 year old friend from colon cancer. We die and we can all become organ donors. I will ride my motorcycle until it's no fun anymore. The rest can stay on the sofa where it's safe - but you'll still die one day.

I couldn't agree with the second quote more. I will occasionally ride motorcycles but it's not my thing. Boating, however, turns me on. The water can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing and venture out without experienced boaters at the helm. Still, life is short. As a cancer survivor with secondary health issues which I mostly fight with diet and exercise, when I hear a family member complain that I take too many chances in life, I say I've already used up at least 2 lives just sitting on the couch. If I'm using up the other lives, there better be some excitement, wind, and speed involved! :)
 activemelaney
Msg: 314
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2013 3:12:34 PM
Nothing sexier than a fit active older guy on a bicycle.

No motorcycles for me but each to their own. I meet bikers in the ER and the OR...not exactly the ambiance for the beginning of a relationship. Remember to sign your drivers licence organ donor request. The chance if me getting on a motorcycle is zero.
 tatersprout
Msg: 315
Posted: 9/26/2013 11:50:45 PM

That's usually a turn off for me with older women. I've seen women on the back of Harley's and there is nothing that is attractive about that. They are mostly overweight and look dirty in their Harley uniform or look like meth heds. It's just really gross to me.

Look at my pics please. Am I dirty, overweight, or wearing a "Harley Uniform"? I don't think I look like a meth head. None of the women I know who ride (on back or on their own bikes) fit that description either.
Another tip--whether or not it is aesthetically pleasing to you matters not to the dirty bikers you speak of.

I am college educated and have met male and female bikers from every real world profession. I am a nurse and have seen the ER nightmares. I've also seen plenty of other non bike related horrors. There are plenty of ways to get injured or die.

Cities love their yearly biker rallies because of the astronomical amount of money raked in. We all bathe daily and wear clean clothes. The fact that we are older is the reason we can afford such expensive toys and travel freely.
The leather gear is not popular because it's stylish--it's necessary.
 completelyhappy
Msg: 316
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2013 1:02:00 PM
That actually is a deal breaker for me - I've had many friends be maimed or die on motorcycles.

blessings
 FL-SCUBAdiver
Msg: 317
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2016 9:34:44 AM
Okay... this thread has deviated all over the place...

USUALLY, women that ride their own typcially would prefer not to ride passenger in my experience. Take a look at Women in the Wind (they have a dot-org site) and you'll see why mamy women ride.

I've been riding on and off since I was roughly 9 and the first image of me on a bike I was a baby with my father (sitting still).

This ridiculous notion that bikers are dirty, tattooed, fill in the blank movie bad boy image here is nonsense. You are thinking the 1%er biker clubs like Hells Angels etc. whem you think that and even a lot them aren't like that in my experience. The other 99% of bikers are actually professional people.

I ride metric (as opposed to Harley Davidson) and always have as I prefer liquid cooled engines, no spokes (to avoid wheel vibration from tires), etc. though I do ride a Cruiser. However, I've dated those that ride HD (was married to one in fact) and they have great bikes too. A lot of mid-life bike enthusiasts tend toward HD becuase they assume a quality superiority based on marketing. Regardless of Metric or not... bikes are expensive to purchase and maintain. You don't do that as an "outlaw" like the movies.

You don't do that jobless and you don't do that without some committment to safety for yourself and those that ride with you.

Contrary to the statements about women riding to attract men.... Rest assured, none of the women in my riding groups do it for these reasons nor are most of us gay as was asserted in one comment I read (as if this mattered). Women do it for the love of the experience... Impressing men couldn't be furthest from the driver for owning and riding.

To the idea that women voice a love for HD that don't ride.... I suspect there will always be a people pleasing set of folks that do that to attract a set of people. Same for most anything I suppose but to assume that women only are interested in motorcycles because men are literally draws laughter among the women that ride their own. I cannot speak for the non-riding women that like bikes personally because though I have been a passenger, I prefer to ride my own along side my significant other or solo.

It's just a hobby or interest, not a definition of who and what I am :).
 tinker8288
Msg: 318
Posted: 7/29/2016 12:34:15 PM
I was into motorcycles in my 20s. Then came child raising, and sensible activities, and soccer mom days when I considered the need to be safe all the time. Now that I'm past all that, I'm interested in riding again. (I'm talking about the back of a guy's bike - never rode my own) It's the thrill of the open road, wind in your hair, fears be damned. I also like my little convertible.
 ericaagain
Msg: 319
(Older) women and hamburgers? That many, really?
Posted: 7/29/2016 6:54:29 PM
I sold mine last year after 29 years of riding. I miss it. But it wasn't as much fun any more and I have my eye on a convertible. I dumped my bike on gravel once, only time I hurt myself, broke a couple ribs and bruised my ego.

As for helmets/no helmets, I've done both, mostly with a helmet. And really Whereforeandwhynot, if you want the no helmet dudes/dudettes to pay...how about asking the smokers, drinkers, druggies, fat people, snow skiers and a few more to pay as well. We will pay far more for those that smoke, drink alcohol and or are obese than we ever will a rider that goes without a helmet. And most riders are taken out buy idiots on 4 wheels that don't know to drive, are impaired, just plain stupid or are "blind" to motorcycles. Talk to your fellow cage drivers and tell them to quit killing my friends on 2 wheels.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 320
(Older) women and hamburgers? That many, really?
Posted: 7/29/2016 8:04:11 PM
My old man was a biker.

Laid his bike down several times.

Road rash and broken joints. Ouch.

I'll take my chances going 110 mph down the 101 fwy in my Vette :)

I can work overtime to fund some DMV violations but I can't work overtime with broken joints.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 321
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2016 9:45:45 PM
Hmm, where did I miss this one? Must have been riding at the time.

Most of the women in the wind, that I ever met, weren't interested in men as the ideal sex they'd want in their lives. But this just happens to be the opinion of the local group, so area's may vary.

My motorcycling is part of me. Love me, love my bike. My obsession, my occupation with the bike, is an offshoot, caused by my inability to date. If I had equal skills, equal luck with both, I'd be dead. Before I even got my drivers licence.

I don't have a fear of riding.
I do fear women.
I know the bike like the back of my hand.
Wish I could say that about women. But it's just the opposite.
I can ride any bike made.
I can't date any woman on two legs.
The bike is very forgiving.
Women aren't.
The bike will give me clues to it's ills.
Women won't.
The bike responds to me. Talks to me in it's own way.
Women not so much. If at all.
I can honesty say that I've owned more bikes, than dated different women.
My current bike has been owned and ridden by me, longer than I was married.
We've been together for 25 years. Only got 23 out of her.
Bikes can be fixed.
Women can't.

At the very least, I'm ahead with something.
 ericaagain
Msg: 322
Posted: 7/29/2016 9:57:06 PM

Bikes can be fixed.
Women can't.

I'm thinking you're in need of a little fixing.
Every time you post like this ....your ex wife wins.

I just read something very deep from a wise poet in another thread and will borrow it - what is the payoff? When you do the poor me, a woman done me wrong....what is the payoff?
 somewhatJaded14U
Msg: 323
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2016 5:15:03 AM
Where is the high five button? Id deffinately high-5 purple rider! I dont fear women,I think they fear me but his discription of everything else is spot on!
 ericaagain
Msg: 324
Posted: 7/30/2016 7:30:24 AM
Wherefore....I agree about suiting up and helmets. What I disagreed with was making riders pay extra insurance for their right to ride around "free headed". If you want to do that, do with other "dangerous" activities such as snow skiing. And charge the smokers, drinkers, druggies and fat people as well as they tax the health system.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 325
Posted: 7/30/2016 7:38:25 AM
Haven't seen un-helmeted parents with their un-helmet kids in many years.

Is that still legal anywhere?
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 326
Posted: 7/30/2016 1:27:47 PM

Bikes can be fixed.
Women can't.

If it's not broke, don't need fixin'.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 327
Posted: 7/30/2016 1:35:43 PM
Jaysus.

Reminds me of my ex sister in law.

She said...Friends are forever. Husbands are not

Her husband didn't seem to mind her 'platonic' male friend joining us for dinner occasionally.

Turned out he was her ex bf and...hubby apparently doesn't need to know. It's not important.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 328
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2016 8:07:18 PM

I'm thinking you're in need of a little fixing.
Every time you post like this ....your ex wife wins.

I just read something very deep from a wise poet in another thread and will borrow it - what is the payoff? When you do the poor me, a woman done me wrong....what is the payoff?

Ahh, once again we have someone that is wildly experienced in the knowledge of how men think. Well guess what, hon- you don't know me, nor would you make the effort to try. I just love how these amature phychiatrists are absolutely certain that they know me. They take no effort other than reading some of my posts, and draw conclusions.

For what relationships I've had in my life, I went into them with an open mind. I've had some preconceived ideas, but all are subject to change. Do I get the same consideration? Of course not.

So what's the payoff in griping?

It's called venting. V-E-N-T-I-N-G Also known as getting things off our minds. Rather like writing an angry letter. Except that when I write it, I send it. And since I'd never meet anyone here in the forums because of distance, then it doesn't matter. It just happens to be on my mind at this particular moment.

Another exceptional reason why I ride-and not date.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 329
Venting latte’, anyone?
Posted: 7/31/2016 5:18:46 AM

I'd never meet anyone here in the forums because of distance.

Now this,...... is just too funny.

You will ride your bike for hundreds of miles, but claim you will never meet anyone from the Forums due to distance?
How long does it take you to reach the Indiana/Michigan border?
LOL I am in your area at least once a week if not more. Easy peasy!
There are others here that are within an hours ride from you.

You have made it very clear, women are too short/too fat/too?/ Too?................Too far away?

WhereforeAndWhyNot, ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Well said.

One can VENT, all day long, all they want, but somewhere along the line, it's time to take personal responsibility for the choices one makes, and stop blaming all women for the actions of one or a few.
When one person can take up so much space in your head, raise the rent and kick'em out!

Ok, where's my coffee?
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 330
Venting latte’, anyone?
Posted: 7/31/2016 7:42:02 AM
I am so livid!

I'm sick and tired of feeding swordfish to women and getting nothing except interrogations and hugs!

I'm getting a chain wallet too...
 purplerider1200
Msg: 331
view profile
History
Venting latte’, anyone?
Posted: 8/1/2016 8:08:53 PM

You will ride your bike for hundreds of miles, but claim you will never meet anyone from the Forums due to distance?
How long does it take you to reach the Indiana/Michigan border?
LOL I am in your area at least once a week if not more. Easy peasy!
There are others here that are within an hours ride from you.

Try an hour+ on. Then, I have to make sure that I have at least $100 bucks plus what I carry normally. (In cash) to bribe those lovely Michigan state cops that stop me for any old reason they see fit to. Just because they had a rotten time the last time they visited Indiana.

Others close??? Since when? And just who did flirt with me? I'd love to know.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 332
Venting latte’, anyone?
Posted: 8/2/2016 8:36:52 AM
The above up there scenario sounds like a Stephen King story...when
you relate better to a car/motorcycle than you do a person and you
routinely bribe cops so you don't get tickets...hahahahahahaha!

I'm pretty cautious about bikes now. I wouldn't get on the back of
someone's bike if I didn't know them really well, and I don't know
many people that ride now. When I lived in California, my ex and I
went everywhere on our bikes, but not so much around here when
our kids came along.

I get the appeal of riding...I'd love to have another bike, but not sure
I will. Also not sure I'll ever be as cool as I was back when I rode my
1969 suzuki 125 stinger...hahahaha! Clearly I got bigger bikes as I got
older, but I loved that little thing. I was young and stupid...wore a helmet
because I had to but had no problem wearing shorts and halter tops!

I thought it was sad that my ex gave up his motorcycles because his
new wife didn't like them. Not that my reasons for not riding are any
better. Ode to the good ole days!
 BeckyHT
Msg: 333
view profile
History
Venting latte’, anyone?
Posted: 8/2/2016 8:42:30 AM
Yes, a few men tried to encourage me to ride behind them on their bikes. Politely, I've tried...

And my answer is, I bought my Honda because it has front and side air bags for a reason... thank you, but no thank you to your invite on the bike. In the rain, or hot days, my car gives me climate control...

I've personally seen close up two fatal bike accidents, and the memory still haunts me.

I only wish the best for those of you who cherish riding. For me, there's too many other safer things I enjoy.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 334
view profile
History
Venting latte’, anyone?
Posted: 8/2/2016 10:05:41 PM
It's not bribe money. Michigan calls it posting bail. Once they write you a tickee, you post bail, a hundred bucks for us outa-staters. You go to court, plead your case, pay the fine, and what ever is left after, you get back.. Or cough up your proof of insurance card. Then if by chance you get stopped again, you have no proof of insurance. Isn't that fun!

I don't blame you one bit about for being overly cautious. Lots of riders just scare the bejeebers out of me also. (And I'm not riding with them!)
Now just a fer-instance, lets say you and I go for a ride, you on yours, me on mine. I'm in front. I'm watching out for both of us. You are a constant in my mirror, I ride according to how fast you feel comfortable with. You ride slow, so do I. Don't like that busy road? We pass it by. Wanna stop? We do. Getting tried? We head home. Call me a shepherd guiding my little lamb safely along. I wouldn't have it any other way.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 335
Venting latte’, anyone?
Posted: 8/3/2016 7:50:26 AM
^^^^awwww...you old softie!
I see what you did there.
And I appreciate it...not to mention it looks good on you.

:o)
 purplerider1200
Msg: 336
view profile
History
Venting latte’, anyone?
Posted: 8/3/2016 5:19:15 PM
Well, thank you.

I have my moments when I come off like a grumpy old fossil.

If you were to ever meet any of my little old lady customers, they'd give you an ear full of what I do for them.( And then I end up with fourteen more of them) I absolutely can not stand seeing good people being taken advantage of. I couldn't look at myself in the mirror if I didn't do that.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > (Older) women and motorcycles? That many, really?