Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > (Older) women and motorcycles? That many, really?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 101
(Older) women and motorcycles? That many, really?Page 5 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
it's penis envy IMO
 PacificStar
Msg: 102
view profile
History
(Older) women and motorcycles? That many, really?
Posted: 11/11/2011 1:51:27 PM
I have no clue why women put what they put on their profiles but I tend to suspect that a few woman over 45 saying she likes motorcycles; especially if she starts nameing expensive bikes she might be doing some financial qualifying. It's looking for an affluent lifestyle where she occassionaly gets on the bike in fair weather but more often than not likes the high end vacationing with toy haulers, fifth wheels, and his credit cards.

Or she figures he is busy with his toys she can play with hers.

Or she is trying to do some physical qualifying. It takes a bit of strength to hold up a bike and a pretty good back to ride any length of time not to mention vision and hearing.

Maybe she is just trying to avoid having him around in her old age. Most motercycle crashes for older drivers are fatalities. Widows pensions beat the unreliable alimony check and maybe the the kids are grown and moving out so no child support. I hate to tell you how many snide remarks I have heard about how much easier being widowed is than divorced. (For the record it isn't.)
 Welsh474
Msg: 103
Posted: 11/11/2011 11:19:29 PM
Maybe women who put "motorcycles" in their profiles just plain old like motorcycles. Why read anything more into that. The same goes for: likes trips to Mexico, likes craft fairs, likes antiques, likes horse back riding, likes skiing, and on and on. Who cares what someone else likes, just go with what YOU like and it you don't like it, leave it be because really, does it matter.

"penis envy" gimme a break. Maybe read the whole thread and you'll clue in.

As for dying and organ donors, we're all going to die. My husband died of a heart attack - should I stay away from all men with hearts? He rode a motorcycle for 31 years but still ended up dying.
 Enigma1957
Msg: 104
Posted: 11/12/2011 10:04:08 AM
I met several that claimed they liked bikes, but weren't thrilled when it came time to climb on 800 lbs of rumbling, vibrating metal.

One lady admitted she put it on her profile because she saw so many guys posting photos of their bikes, and figured it would up her market value.
 Welsh474
Msg: 105
Posted: 11/14/2011 11:59:15 AM
I'd think that as a woman, which I am, and widowed, which I am, and left a lot of money, which I wasn't, that I'd be doing my man qualifying at the Mercedes dealership and not the harley dealership if I was looking for a wealthy guy. Assumptions abound on online dating, what is put in profiles can be the gospel truth or straight up bullshyt. If the odd on puts down "loves motorcycles" but won't get on one - how much different is that from a guy who says 5'11" when it turns out he's 5'6"?

As for it being easier to find a man by joining the motorcycle crowd, well, I've been in the motorcycle crowd for 25 years and I'm still single. So I'm thinking that "some" women may think this way but the realistic think otherwise. I travel a lot too, ask questions, talk to people. I may not have a book under my belt but that doesn't make you and expert on anything. Observations are just a prettier word for assumptions.

We ride because we like to ride, those who don't like to ride won't. Those that call motorcycle riders organ donors or have penis envy are just stupid and don't know any better, and I'd prefer they stay off the road because they are the type that drive into my friends. It's a great big world out there, we all have interests and that is wonderful. Go forth and do what you enjoy, but piss off if you don't like what I enjoy.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 106
Posted: 11/14/2011 12:10:10 PM

I'll tell you what I have found and it's nationwide too. Women, mostly widows who were left a lot of money seem to think finding another man can be easier if they join the motorcycle crowd. I have evn been told this by several women.I travel a lot and have some books published, so I ask questions.
This is a myth,because all men are not into motorcycles like they used to be. The ones that are, are trying trying the same thing the women are......LOL. I had a bike forover 20 years, now at 65 I wouldn't enjoy it like back in the day, plus the expense, upkeep and all. It's a toy,for men and women alike and there's nothing wrong with that, except when on some of these sites the woman expresses the desire for the man to have a bike. It's a crazy world out there !!!

Well, I'm not widowed. Nor have I been left a lot of money (I've spent my share on men, however!!) and there is nothing "easy" about finding a man. I'm not discrediting those who told you that they joined "clubs" to find men, but that's no different than me joining a book club, the gym or a chess club (which I've done all of those things and am STILL single.)

You are exactly correct. I've found my interest in Harleys (in particular) a hindrance in my attracting men I might wish to date, vs the opposite. I prefer a man with a Harley. Not just a bike ~ I would likely classify as a "Harley-snob." Then again? I was born/raised with riding and that's my preference. in 24+++ years? I've only been with one man that didn't ride a Harley. And it was 5 years of me missing something I personally love. To each their own. Some like gardening, some prefer other types of travel and some wish to swing on their porch swings through old age. Some of us are just built differently. I love to ride. And although I have a bike of my own (in my ex's garage) I prefer to passenger. The bike is mine, if/when I want it. I don't. It's a piece of art, as it was a gift, but I don't want it in my possession. Much like I don't care to own cats. At least not at this stage in my life. (Too busy and not fair to the pet.) Whether or not we love to ride or love to drive, some of us just enjoy biking. It's that simple. JMO
 Paderic
Msg: 107
Posted: 11/14/2011 9:16:27 PM
I have to admit that I probably wouldn't date someone who owns a Harley. It's not just Harley, it's cruisers in general.
 All play
Msg: 108
Posted: 11/15/2011 11:53:29 AM
LOL...What is it and the older crowd all into the hd deal..Hell im 47 and im just learning to race my crotch rocket..Mind you i have been a sport bike fan sence i was a kid but i think most of the riders out there are just that..RIDERS...The business man who has the $$ to go buy a big ass loaded HD or a HD wanna be does it and barely uses it but brags he got one..I assume women do it too..

So funny to see all the HD crowd at the local coffee shop when i go buy,all the men with their chaps and leather vest and do rags when normally they dont do that..lol..The women tryin to look hot in their hd gear and sunglasses...

Nothing like gettin all dressed up in yer HD PANTS,SHIRT,BOOTS,CUT OFF GLOVES ect just so you can rumble into the coffee shop and chat for a few hrs..When you all leave you rumble to the corner tryin to look cool then tear outta there soundin like an ass thinkin you and your HD babe are cool...

Wasted $ on posers i say....
I bought a sport bike cause it has a purpose and that is to RIDE IT..I bought leathers,boots,gloves,helmet to save my ass if i go down unlike the poser HD group...Those leathers might save the pavement some skin being layed down on it if anythin..

If a woman wants to ride to see if she likes it,sure ill take her for a spin..If she dont well ill go ride with my buddys and if she does,well she needs her own bike..

Im not a fan of the hd or hd wanna be bikes but none the less it is a work of art in its own way,just the posers that got the $$ to buy it and dont ride it or appreciate it as it was intended..

A woman on a bike...HD or CROTCH ROCKET is an awsome site,just had the damn posers...

Sorry for my rant..
 All play
Msg: 109
Posted: 11/15/2011 11:56:30 AM
LOL...What is it and the older crowd all into the hd deal..Hell im 47 and im just learning to race my crotch rocket..Mind you i have been a sport bike fan sence i was a kid but i think most of the riders out there are just that..RIDERS...The business man who has the $$ to go buy a big ass loaded HD or a HD wanna be does it and barely uses it but brags he got one..I assume women do it too..

So funny to see all the HD crowd at the local coffee shop when i go buy,all the men with their chaps and leather vest and do rags when normally they dont do that..lol..The women tryin to look hot in their hd gear and sunglasses...

Nothing like gettin all dressed up in yer HD PANTS,SHIRT,BOOTS,CUT OFF GLOVES ect just so you can rumble into the coffee shop and chat for a few hrs..When you all leave you rumble to the corner tryin to look cool then tear outta there soundin like an ass thinkin you and your HD babe are cool...

Wasted $ on posers i say....
I bought a sport bike cause it has a purpose and that is to RIDE IT..I bought leathers,boots,gloves,helmet to save my ass if i go down unlike the poser HD group...Those leathers might save the pavement some skin being layed down on it if anythin..

If a woman wants to ride to see if she likes it,sure ill take her for a spin..If she dont well ill go ride with my buddys and if she does,well she needs her own bike..

Im not a fan of the hd or hd wanna be bikes but none the less it is a work of art in its own way,just the posers that got the $$ to buy it and dont ride it or appreciate it as it was intended..

A woman on a bike...HD or CROTCH ROCKET is an awsome site,just hate the damn posers...

Sorry for my rant..
 Welsh474
Msg: 110
Posted: 11/15/2011 12:14:25 PM
Yanno, the same could be said about the crotch rocket crowd - there they are on their blue and white bike with their matching blue and white leathers and blue and white helmet...or pick a colour, they all match. The don't ride anywhere, just race around town, you never see them at rallys or doing the twisty's in the mountains - they want a straight, flat road so they can wind their bike up to 230kmph. They race - they don't ride. And what's with the crotch rocket riders that think it's smart to wear shorts and flip flops - idiots.

Doesn't what I just wrote sound stupid. We all ride what we ride. I like an HD because they can make it fit my 5' 1/2" frame. But I know, and the majority knows, HD is not the be all/end all of bikes. Hell, if I was taller and had more cash I'd ride a Goldwing. I could care less what type of bike my friend has. As for clothing, I have an HD jacket and all my other gear was bought at Yamaha or Honda. I'm currently riding my 4th harley but I've also had a Honda and a Yamaha, as for my next bike, I'm thinking about a Victory. Maybe even a Honda, if they can make it fit.
 Blue-Eyes-Shine
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2011 12:47:26 PM
Well, now I have definitely decided not to get involved with anyone who rides, because they are sooooooo judgmental!
 Sheldiva
Msg: 112
Posted: 11/15/2011 2:21:53 PM
Hey Mars
Im with you sister. I love the thought of a motorcycle. N the wild thing between the legs comment was too funny! Yes as we age we have to get closer to filling the bucket list. Buying a motorcycle is one of my things. Im taking the class this December and plan to purchase next year. Aloha SSS
 VirtuallyLove
Msg: 113
Posted: 11/15/2011 3:58:10 PM
Azul:

"Then I am in the minority, and that must be why I don't get many dates... I really don't like motorcycles, and would not ride on one. I don't mind if that is a hobby of a potential date, but I don't want to ride on one....... Not interested at all... "

Why the "devil" emoticon, Azul?

Motorcycles are a blast to ride. So is falling from a very high place - wind in your hair, sun in your face - until you hit the ground. And a very high percentage of riders, from what I've gleaned, at one point or another hit the ground. I did, and it cost me a few months of physical therapy. Never again. I've put a lot of work into creating a strong and healthy body, and I'd prefer to keep it relatively intact.
 professora
Msg: 114
view profile
History
(Older) women and motorcycles?
Posted: 11/15/2011 4:16:09 PM
GLAD to know I am not alone :)
 TNBinLV
Msg: 115
Posted: 11/15/2011 5:41:08 PM

How many miles do you have on that track? Ever consider putting a GoPro Camera on it? Could make for some cool videos.

According to one of the articles I read in the HOG Magazine, one of the members of the Harley Owner's Group recently joined the Million Mile Club. He is a retired attorney who never rode until his son talked him into taking the Rider's Course with him. After that, he purchased an HD for his son and one for himself. The sad thing is that his son was later killed. I guess he was just a "business man" who had the "$$ to go buy a big ass loaded HD" who liked to ride the $hit of motorcycles.

Yanno, the same could be said about the crotch rocket crowd.

Agreed since I have also seen the sport bike crowd on the same charity poker runs and at some of the same stops. However, it is not like I care since the money raised is for the kids and the needy. Personally, I started as a teenager on a dirt bike in snow country. There was not much need or ride time 9 months out of the year. That was why I had my 4x4. Here, I still have a 4x4 but is for "visiting" snow country and hauling things that just would fit on the HD. Overall, I put more miles on my HD this year than my 4x4 though I recently started wearing my leather jacket since it has gotten colder now.
 Giggles10000
Msg: 116
Posted: 11/15/2011 8:01:58 PM

I met several that claimed they liked bikes, but weren't thrilled when it came time to climb on 800 lbs of rumbling, vibrating metal.

One lady admitted she put it on her profile because she saw so many guys posting photos of their bikes, and figured it would up her market value.

First guy I dated had a picture of him on a bike, so after a bit I asked him about it cause I never saw it ...he said he just had someone take a picture on one cause all the women were so crazy about them but he would never buy one. Funny that was 4 years ago and the pictures on his profile are the same ones but he changed the dates to last year...people tell us so much about themselves if we just train ourselves to listen ><
 Blueeyedladylove61
Msg: 117
Posted: 11/15/2011 8:40:52 PM
I was just thinking about the killing HD is making all all the guys over 50. I was noticing that every guy that has contacted me has a darn HD and a wife beater shirt and sometimes that is not a good thing! lol. I guess it is a mandatory thing with guys 50 and above

I plan on getting my own :)
 cutenperky2
Msg: 118
Posted: 11/15/2011 9:05:13 PM
I dont know any women nor have i ever that liked a guy on a motorcycle. I never met a guy who drove one nor do i know anyone with a motorcycle. I guess in some areas of the country they are more popular then where i am. So trust me many woman dont care about motorcycles
 Iascaireachta_arĂ­s
Msg: 119
Posted: 11/15/2011 9:07:49 PM

Does nearly every woman over age 45 really love motorcycles?

I don't know about every woman but I know I have always thoroughly enjoyed riding pillion. I would love to ride for myself someday but those wiser than myself (and who know how uncoordinated I can be from time to time) have suggested a scooter...so perhaps I will work my way up from there. There has always been something about being IN the world rather than just passing through it...the scenery, the feel,
 GooFish
Msg: 120
Posted: 11/15/2011 9:50:28 PM
The women I see on Motorcycles are ugly skankes. Not a demographic I am attracted too. To each to their own.
 TNBinLV
Msg: 121
Posted: 11/15/2011 10:01:07 PM
Perhaps, you have just been in the wrong circles. Personally, I've met supermodel Marisa Miller who has modeled for Victoria Secret, Sports Illustrated, and so on. She also rides and is a spokesperson for Harley-Davidson. It's also not just a publicity stunt since riding runs in her family. I've also met some very nice looking women racing AMA flat track.
 DSMTraveler
Msg: 122
Posted: 11/16/2011 7:51:21 AM
It's not on my profile and I'm not sure if I like motorcycles or if it's the idea of the freedom.

As a kid I loved the few times I rode with my dad and I really enjoyed riding pillion with my boyfriend back in my 20's. I've often thought of taking classes and applying for my own motorcycle license; buying myself a motorscooter and working my way up to something a little more growl-y.

Part of it is economic -- it seems it would be less expensive to go to work daily -- but part of it is a dream want and I think that "dream want' is why many women have it on their profile.

Part of it could be speculation -- "I think I might enjoy motorcycles, those people seem to have so much fun".

It's part image of not being tied to the ordinary and mundane (which has rarely included motorcycles -- especially in context of what has traditionally been expected of women),
it's part image of freedom (not being tied to house and husband and family),
it's part change of what has gone before, something new to experience
it's part autonomy and thrilling
and then there's just sensual, tactile feel of wind and engine and leather and (more usual for women) hugging someone as you're flying through the night.
 free4all131220
Msg: 123
Posted: 11/16/2011 8:43:04 AM
Well OP you managed to get a response from the .03% of women that ride a bike to shoot holes in your idea about "likes" LOL

Almost every guy I ever knew that had a bike before he got married, the bike was the first thing to go after the honeymoon. I have a few ideas about why that is but that's for another debate.
 TNBinLV
Msg: 124
Posted: 11/16/2011 9:11:36 AM
Most guys I know who ended up getting rid of their bike after the honeymoon did it for the same reason most guys I know who ended up getting rid of their sports cars--economics. Those I know who could afford it still kept the sports cars and motorcycles though they may have ended up getting an SUV to haul around the family.

Part of it is economic -- it seems it would be less expensive to go to work daily -- but part of it is a dream want and I think that "dream want' is why many women have it on their profile.

This is probably going to depend on what you drive now and what type of motorcycle you purchase. The fuel may be cheaper to run a motorcycle (not always), but the cost to maintain the motorcycle may be more expensive. For example, tires are usually more expensive and they do not last as long, especially if you get softer performance tires over something harder. There is also the additional cost of insurance.
 DSMTraveler
Msg: 125
Posted: 11/16/2011 11:41:24 AM

This is probably going to depend on what you drive now and what type of motorcycle you purchase. The fuel may be cheaper to run a motorcycle (not always), but the cost to maintain the motorcycle may be more expensive.

Probably true -- but I'll never know if the daily upkeep is less expensive than the car unless I give it a try.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > (Older) women and motorcycles? That many, really?