Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What's your strange addictions or quirks?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 26
view profile
History
What's your strange addictions or quirks?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

Trying to be spotted by Lint Spotter.
Ha, and most try to fly under my radar.

Having discussed this thread with a friend… she’s kindly pointed out some of my little quirks.

I sing when I think no one is around…

Indian food and Thai food… I simply cannot get enough of it! I’m trying to recreate a peanut sauce that our local Thai restaurant serves with their sticky rice and have thus far been unsuccessful – but I persevere. I also grind my own spice blends with my mortar and pestle.

I’m a coffee whore as well… or so I’ve been told. I have a Tassimo, Keurig, drip maker, French press and espresso maker at home and I use all of them on a regular basis depending on what coffee I’m in the mood to drink. The Tassimo has Chai Latte that’s completely addictive (and goes wonderfully with the various Indian dishes I make).

Reading… I’ve been known to open a book on a Friday night or a Saturday morning and have it finished by Sunday. I did this with The DaVinci Code… opened it on Saturday and didn’t put it down until I finished reading it… if the book is engrossing, I’m there for the long haul.

I’m a sucker for new foods. When I’m in the grocery store and I see a fruit or vegetable that I haven’t tried before, I pick one up to test. I have a bottle of aloe water in my refrigerator waiting for me to try a little… I’ve heard it’s quite refreshing.

I don’t like fish at all, I do like seafood such as lobster, mussels, calamari, escargot, but I won’t eat fish… unless of course it’s raw and served as sushi. Go figure…

I’m sure I have a few more, but this is pretty much the basics.
 Seakytten
Msg: 27
What's your strange addictions or quirks?
Posted: 9/8/2011 8:47:14 AM
Hmmm...I have so many quirks...

*I'm simply nutty about the water. I call the beach where I visit 'my beach' and dare anyone to catch a jellyfish or harm sealife in any way on my watch. I've even gotten into arguments with folks that were trying to torment the pelicans or trying to kick up turtle nestings or fish offshore when kids are in the water.

*I have to hang upside down like a bat in order to get rid of a migraine..I LOVE it when I meet a man 6' or taller that wants to pick me up by my ankles and hang me upside down for my headache instead of seeing it as sexually related..

*I eat banana and mayonnaise sandwiches..and LIKE 'em.

*I never, EVER drink milk. Just the smell of milk triggers my gag reflex. (I'm actually thinking of throwing up now just talking about it..)

*I can go to the library, check out 12 books and start reading a chapter out of each one that same day. I put one down, think about the plot then pick up another one. I never read one book through at a time. I CAN'T! lol

* I step into my shirts..not put them on overhead.

*I can't sleep if I know my toilet paper is set to 'over pull' rather than 'under pull.' lol

*Nor can I sleep if one of my pictures are not EXACTLY straight on my walls..ocd, yeah. I know.

*I 'roll' my clothes and towels instead of fold them into squares.

*I'm ambidextrous. I can write with either hand but my left-hand is the most dominant and will beat the crap outta of my right hand if it gets out of line..LOL

Welp, I'm not going to say 'that's about it' 'cause isn't..I have more but timed out.

Kytten
 ComplekCity
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/9/2011 4:20:07 PM
When I drive I pay attention to the last two numbers of the odometer and relate it to my past .

For example, if the last two are 87 I think about memories of what I did that year, when it switches to 88 I think about THAT year

If the last two numbers are 28 I think about the year I was 28 years old , etc

Why do I do this ?

To alleviate the monotony of driving ?
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/9/2011 5:14:34 PM
~OP~ That show has some really odd stuff on it. The lady who eats her couch and the one who eats pottery. I dunno ~ I like watching that ~ I feel so "normal."

~OT~ I have a definite teeth obsession. Mine and other people's. It's like buying a horse for me, check the teeth and if all is well, I feel this sense of intense relief. My cupboards have to be "faced" like food in a grocery store and this includes things in my closet ~ like clothes in a clothing store. There's likely more things, but hey ~ I'm not eating the coach or the pottery, so I figure my comfort zones aren't too quirky.
 daynadaze
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2011 7:24:06 PM
This happens mostly when I'm taking a shower, but a song will run through my head, I never know more than a verse or two and I repeat &repeat & repeat (not out loud) until I think I might know the next line then whatever I can remember, plays in my head like a broken record until I'm through with my shower. It drives me nuts! And it will go on for days, even months, stuck with the same song, then all the sudden it's a new song. Sometimes I will wake up thinking of the words to whatever song had been playing in my head. I have no idea if I dreamed about the song, I never remember dreaming about the song, but I wake up hearing the broken-record words. It can be maddening!

I also have a lot of the same dreams. One about rooms in a house has been going on all my life. The dream is never the same, always a difference, but it's always a house with room after room in it. Sometimes I know the house and most times I don't, I can never go back into a room I've left, but there are always more rooms, I'm always surprised I didn't know about the rooms before, and often I try hard to return to a room but I can't, other times I don't think about going back, I'm just enjoying finding more rooms. The dreams can be nightmares, they can be totally enjoyable, they can be boring, but always when I dream this 'dream' it's a house full of rooms I keep walking through.
 Kitten189
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/11/2011 6:49:11 AM
What a great Thread

Some of my quirks:
My bathroom towels have to be hanging over the rail EXACTLY equal on both sides.
I stalk a couple of Forumites whose Postings always amuse/fascinate me.
I absolutely HATE shoes.
I cant sleep without the sound of an "old-fashioned" ticking alarm clock.
Im addicted to all the Crime shows on the Discovery channel even though they scare me to death.
I think im 'normal' though a couple of friends have called me 'eccentric'.
 five-marie
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2011 2:47:38 AM
daynadaze, we have a lot of the same quirks. I also get songs running through my head that just won't stop. Usually horrible songs. The Sesame Street theme is one of them.
I also dream about houses and going through rooms. Usually the rooms are horribly messy/dirty. Think Hoarders. I usually have these dreams when upset.
I also paint the rooms in my house/furniture/etc. over and over. I now make sure I only buy enough paint to complete a project. Any left over paint in the house and there I go again!
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/13/2011 4:51:31 AM

I despise the number 5. Anything ending in a 5 will drive me to the point of lunacy.

^^^^^^^^^LOL

Do not plant 2 bulbs or 4..I will yank one out of the ground. It must be an odd number.
Don't hang 2 pics or 4..Yes its ODD ..... I literally can not stand it.

I am obsessed with the smell of peppermint.
Pen clickers..Oh please do NOT click your pen around me.click click click click click click..
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 34
Posted: 9/13/2011 6:23:16 AM
My favorite snack food is Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch. I developed a craving for it while recovering from a car accident, and it's stuck with me ever since.

Make of that what you will.
 _shakti_
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/13/2011 9:25:45 AM
Tea. All different kinds of tea. My kids call me the crazy tea lady, it got so bad I had no where to put it all so I brought bags to work. There's still some there, lol..

I also have this thing where running hot, almost scalding hot water on my hands calms me down and totally relaxes me. So if it's kinda stressful at work or someone is severely annoying me, I'll take a bathroom break and come out all refreshed, lol...
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/13/2011 3:23:43 PM

calms me down and totally relaxes me. So if it's kinda stressful at work or someone is severely annoying me, I'll take a bathroom break and come out all refreshed, lol...

Besides sometimes driving on the wrong-side of the street,[just kidding gang lol] I will eat hot soup on a hot day! As it does cool me down.

And for all you folks who live in the Boundary Waters, MN, thax for all this smoke! lol
 Island home
Msg: 37
Posted: 9/13/2011 5:55:09 PM

I am obsessed with the smell of peppermint.
Pen clickers..Oh please do NOT click your pen around me.click click click click click click..

STOP n smell the petunias
or
Do you obsess over them too?

Hope the clicking of the keys that typed this don't annoy
 CarKam1
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/15/2011 11:58:36 AM
Awesome Thread!

1. I always have to have my iPhone within reaching distance, even in my sleep. Whether I am going to use it or not or feel like answering it or not...kinda like a blankie! lol
2. I always have to have something in my hand to fidget with.
3. I can't drive 55
4. If a song comes on that I love I have to sing. If I am in a place where that is not appropriate I am either singing in my head or lip singing. I sing a lot in my car.
5. I cannot have my feet covered in bed. I prefer to be barefoot and I wear sandals until the second snowfall if possible. If I am indoors my shoes come off (even at work) unless I am at a client site or conference, public place (but even then I've been know to take off my shoes and sit cross-legged in a booth at a restaraunt - my son does the same.)
6. Forums..
7. Ketchup and mayo on my burgers, hotdogs and to dip my fries.
8. I blush when I lie everytime. Seriously! I am a truthful person by nature but even to tell a little white lie now and then can't be done without that telltale sign! I have a huge conscience which is probably why :(
 pinkoleander
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/15/2011 12:02:47 PM

There are people on this forum who will make you fall out of your chair,,,
My faves are Zeus, MuscleChic, coyote(too much acid?), C*wboy, BoonTown, and some more I can't remember. These people should put together a book.

Motown, you left out Motown.
 KittenCatt
Msg: 40
Posted: 9/15/2011 10:01:30 PM
^^^^ I love Uncle Zeus, Motown, and Ain'tNoDeal!!!

My weirdness is constantly adding up numbers anytime I see more than one somewhere. Constantly....seeing what their total is. Hoping it is 11, or if not, I'll settle for 9.

Or I see how many words I can come up with the letters I see on license plates.
 _shakti_
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/15/2011 10:15:35 PM
^^ The master and completion numbers, nice!
 CarKam1
Msg: 42
Posted: 9/16/2011 4:47:27 AM
I had a friend who saw 11 everywhere he went. Everything associated to him was 11, numbers added up to 11 and even his name and people close to him added up to 11. He showed me a website that outlined this community of people that have the same thing, I believe they call themselves the eleveners. Then he had me google "the significance of 11" and there was some eyebrow raising stuff!! I only had one 11 incident when we went on our company retreat. All flights booked to FL were to take off at 10 and 11 but the one for ten got delayed and we took off at 11, my seats on both planes were 11, my cabin on the cruiseship was 11 and the retreat was on oct.11 (same as this years uc in FL cone to think of it). All flights, event planning and cruise itineraries were booked by diff people in hq. My friend had me convinced that something life changing was going to happen...nadda, but it was a great time!
 KittenCatt
Msg: 43
Posted: 9/16/2011 9:42:30 AM
^^^^ I love it!!! I can totally relate to that!!!

For a couple of years I kept seeing my mother's birthday numbers everywhere and didn't know why....and it adds up to 11. Then I heard Sylvia Browne explain the significance of the number 11. Hence began my compulsion to search for my beautiful 11!! LOL
 gentleplus
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2011 1:05:06 PM
I dont have any.... where do you go to get them so I can feel "normal"
 Caringheart2011
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/18/2011 3:09:02 AM
Beside reading the forums.

I always have to sing in my head, If I hear a nose, I got the beat, and tried to find a song to match it .
I have to tried to come up with a logical explanation to a problem, no matter how complex it is.
I read faces. Most of the time I get it right." To me any ways."
I wonder why some people in the world do things a certain ways, when other do it or think the opposite.
How come people get a certain way compared to other ? It is fascinating to me.
I wonder what people are about. How they get that way ?
How, if I was in their shoes, I will be reacting ?
I always want to make people think from a different angle, even if I catch hell about it.
I guess that is not, or may not be a quirks ?
It bug me to cut my grass, not the work bug me, I want to see what can grow, if I don't ?
What animals may come live there?

chromelove08
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2011 6:56:27 PM
I have a thing with numbers...i'll see a birthday and associate it with someone elses bday. how far apart they are in age, how many days apart, what time they were born and that goes on and on. Like my bday is aug 12 and my bro bday is nov 29...we are exactly 3 years 3 months 2 weeks 3 days 7 hours and 3 minutes apart. and i'll do this with everyones bday. gotta find out what day they were born on and if any important events were going on that day and if there are any famous people with that bday lol. its weird
 SunnyBlueSkies23
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/1/2011 5:01:26 PM
I don't know if you can link this in with "quirks" or not,but here goes....
As a lot of people on here already know, I lost my beloved Mom back in 2009 at the still-young age of 69 to emphasima. Her passing was (and at times STILL is ) very hard on me.
I started looking, almost immediately, for signs from her that she was okay & happy.The thing IS, I started FINDING them, too! I find hearts in clouds ALL the time! I've taken LOTS of pictures of them, and had people tell me that they're AMAZING!!
Ever since I was a little girl, I've LOVED butterflies!! I look for them all the time as well! Sometimes I'll be looking around in Walmart, The Dollar Tree or Listen ( a consignment store around where I live),missing Mom terribly, desperately....and something will catch my eye!! I'll go over and look, pick it up,.....and there's a butterfly either ON it,or it IS it!! Either way, my heart takes wing and soars off into the bright blue sky, knowing Mom STILL knows how I'm feeling (she always HAS!),she's really not so far away, and she's sending me loving messages of her continued love for me!

Kindly curb the over usage of smilies as it's classified a posting irritant. See the posted rules.

StealthyNinjaKitty
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/1/2011 5:32:41 PM
The volume on my car radio has to be in an increment of 3. My tattoos are symmetrical, as are my piercings. My closet is color-coded. I only wear makeup on days when I didn't get enough sleep the night before. My books are all alphabetized. I overypay and write checks out for even amounts so that balancing the checkbook is easier. I crave fried chicken, not chocolate, when I have PMS...I could keep going, but I just realized, damn, I need a therapist. Do the forums count?
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/2/2011 6:19:45 AM
#1 - Chocolate
#2 - Grey's Anatomy - The only program I watch
#3 - Chocolate
#4 - The compulsion to soak in the tub with candles and a book - Can't get in the tub without the accessories that I associate with it. No candles or book = shower.
#5- Did I mention chocolate ?
#6 - Reading these forums - my newest addition. Sometimes I have to fight the urge to reply to certain postings. I have even been known to begin replying and then cancel when I realize I am not contributing anything of any substance. Please forgive any postings where the urge was too strong.
#7 - I cannot leave my bed un-made. I have to make it before leaving the room. It has to be just right which takes a few minutes as I indulged myself with a king-size bed but that means walking around it constantly in order to make it properly. Can't help it.
#8 - Cleanliness - I have to shower in the morning and at night. I can't go downstairs without showering and I hate getting into bed at night without a shower or bath.
 MsMicki
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2011 7:20:03 AM
I can't do "normal"
I'm always trying to find ways to do things "different".
In the summer, I have to mow my yard at angles.....no horizontal or verticle lines.
I can't leave a recipe alone.....I'm constantly tweaking it with different ingredients.
I'm seriously stuck on 70's music
I very rarely will sit and watch a movie.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What's your strange addictions or quirks?