Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What's your strange addictions or quirks?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 51
What's your strange addictions or quirks?Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
@ daynadaze :

I also have a lot of the same dreams. One about rooms in a house has been going on all my life.

Wow - I have a similar one too.

It starts in a house which I own - but it's not one I've ever owned in real life. I am familiar with the house in the dream and I know it's mine.

It seems like such an ordinary house but then, through a certain door is a second kitchen. Off the kitchen is a door into a garden. From the garden via another door leading back into the house are some staircases which leads to a corridor of doors. One of these doors leads to a circular bedroom but it's a kids bedroom with two sets of bunk beds. Another room is filled with odd bits of furniture but these are pieces I know - a table from my grandmother's house, a bookcase from my parents house.

The dream continues on but I can't remember the specifics past this room when I am awake. All I know is that it always takes the same route, the same events/rooms are always shown. And I have a sense of being familiar with it all and yet a sense of surprise as I reach each new room. I also get left with a feeling of amazement that these rooms are unknown by any one else.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 52
What's your strange addictions or quirks?
Posted: 12/2/2011 9:05:50 AM
I have a addiction to Cannoli's and Espresso wont have one with out the other
and Of course by disdain for? fried.............
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 53
Posted: 12/2/2011 10:52:56 AM
Was just discussing this thread with my son...seems I have another quirk !

Cranking up the music when doing my housework and dancing. Songs from my youth Billy Idol, Eurythmics, anything with a rapid beat !

And I have just been informed that it's embarrassing and inappropriate for a woman my age! LMAO. Oh well - get over it son.

**EDIT** Gotta tell you Seakytten - one woman to another - that's rather gross ! LOL
 Active_n_Funny
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/2/2011 11:14:39 AM
One quirk that I have is that I have to catch every word and scene of my favorite/anticipated movies /TV shows/books. If I miss something I will rewind it to catch it OR, if I feel like I didn't get the whole point of it, rewind it to the beginning.

Last night, I was hitting the rewind button for an episode of Community because my roommates were talking in the kitchen. A show that would have lasted 20-23 mins ended up being 45mins! Also, it took me 3 years to complete one book because I thought I was not grasping every single word right. If I got busy with life and had to take a break from reading, I would return to the book and start from the very beginning.
 Casper66
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2011 11:20:33 AM
Not really strange but I'm addicted to coffee of any kind, icecream and dark chocolate with fresh strawberries, I can eat a whole pint at one sitting. I've been caught singing or humming a tune, once was one of the songs from Seseame Street at work, that and dancing around the house with or without music. Thou I think I might be alittle OCD at times because I've caught myself doing repetive tasks like checking to see if I've set the alarm before bed several times.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2011 1:09:09 PM
the forums, of course ... altho that would hardly be considered "strange" to anyone in HERE as we share that addiction!!! LOVE the forums!

my latest addiction is that I'm in Seattle right now, have been visiting since early September ... there's a channel in their cable package not included in my cable package that mostly shows "House Hunter" ... there are other shows, too, about income properties, remodels, etc. ... but I'm addicted to the little 30-minute segments of "House Hunter" ...

watching it is like sitting in the livingroom, all comfy and cozy ... sipping a mug of hot tea ... while snooping through houses or apartments for rent or for sale in various parts of the world ... and wondering which one they'll chose ... usually presented with several, they televise three from which the buyer makes his/her choice ... they talk about costs, budgets ... it's really interesting!

one night, my daughter and I had been watching for hours, having been initially hooked on one about a neighborhood in Seattle where she'd like to buy a house! she was telling me goodnight and climbing the stairs, just as I was reaching for the remote, one came on about Vietnam ... I said, "oooohhh ... Vietnam!!" she said, "aaahhh ... Vietnam??" and we were back! Sweden, Spain, Australia, Japan, Russia, states and countries I've never visited ... all over the world ... without getting my nose cold or my toes wet as I slug through their horrible weather! just snooping through people's houses!!!

fascinating ...
 Molly Maude
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2011 1:16:14 PM
I also have similar dreams to Daynadaze's and Import's ... I'm going through room after room of the house ... it's my house although, as I enter a room, I'm never quite sure what I'll encounter there ... sometimes I'm remodeling it ... sometimes I'm telling painters and carpet layers where to put which ...

the house is almost always on a lake or ocean, usually an ocean with the waves lapping right up to the back door, sometimes splashing on the windows ... and there are lots of windows, lots of light ... more windows than walls ... rooms are huge ... sometimes furnished, sometimes not! ... sometimes I'm aware that there's an upper floor ... or maybe two upper floors ... the entire experience is unusually pleasant ...

frequently, there's a party going on and I'm the hostess, directing the food service people, trying to ensure everyone's having a good time ... and I meet people along the way who I used to know or work with and they sometimes "give me a message" ... I wake, remember the message ... apply it where necessary or applicable ... use it or discard it ...

I've always thought of walking through all those well-lit rooms with the waves crashing melodically to symbolize my life as I pass through different eras ... the fact that the rooms have high ceilings, lots of windows, plenty of light ... and the water ... means only positive things to me ... these are very pleasant dreams for me ...

wonder how many others have these wandering through rooms dreams ...
 JustDukky
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/3/2011 8:00:45 AM
Outside of drinking, sex, gambling, a rubber apron fetish and a penchant for urinating into unplugged TV sets (learned that one the hard way) I can't really think of any addictions or quirks... sorry.
 ripley65
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2011 11:34:36 AM
I have a similar quirk about the parking thing~ not only do i HAVE to be straight and even spaced on both sides, but if i pull into a space, the front of the car cannot extend over the 'line' and the same of i back in,,,the back of the car cannot extend over. Im actually pretty good and can do it right off the bat. I know, imma weirdo! lol

The other is messy beds ~ I HAVE to make beds nice and neat with absolutely no wrinkles. That's not even the bad part,,the bad part is it doesnt even have to be MY bed,,but anyones!! LOL Even a store displace, if the bed has messy covers, i have got to go straighten it. Wow im a freak!

Toilet paper rolls ~ again, doesnt matter where i am or whose house i am visiting. If the toilet paper hangs from the under side, i will change it to hang from the top!!!

Kinda makes you think you are a freak once you read your own quirks in type ~ id better stop here. LMAO
 cbbull21
Msg: 60
Posted: 12/3/2011 7:31:52 PM
Mah Jongg
Mah Jongg's not solitaire, get that through your head.
It makes you feel good when you don't screw yourself over by making a decision and then it turns out counter to what you'd hoped. Sometimes you even feel psychic.
It makes you feel like crap when you can't catch a break.
More people should play, especially Mah Jongg Competition Rules or Riichi variants.
Just like great music, there are subtleties and nuances.
 yourstillhere
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2011 5:28:57 PM
1. oriental flavored romainian noodles
2. purposely mispronouncing words (when my younger brother is around)
3. thinking up a line from a show, movie or song and applying it in any situation.
4. making adjustments on my cnc machines in increments that end either in a 0 or a 5.

_shakti_
Msg: 62
Posted: 12/4/2011 5:45:29 PM
MsMicki:
I can't leave a recipe alone.....I'm constantly tweaking it with different ingredients.
Me too! My one daughter used to ask 'why can't you just cook anything normal mom'? Lol..

I very rarely will sit and watch a movie.
Same!

I kind of resent the lack of a commercial break, where I can read my book momentarily. That doesn't even make sense but it's true, lol..

I don't remember what my other responses in here were, but I am definitely addicted to books. I have to restrain myself from buying them quicker than I can read them all.

When it gets too much, I'll give a bunch away so that I don't get hoarder's guilt (if there's such a thing? lol).. and then regret it.
 MsMicki
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2011 8:47:14 PM

I kind of resent the lack of a commercial break, where I can read my book momentarily. That doesn't even make sense but it's true, lol..

Makes perfect sense to me! LOL
Think one of the reasons I don't care to watch movies is you have to pay attention to them.....and I can't do that with a book in my hands!
And if I'm not reading, I am crafting/painting ....and I can't keep up with a movie because I'm not paying it enough attention.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 64
Posted: 4/29/2017 5:39:43 AM
Walking on my patio naked and hoping somebody will whistle :)
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 65
Posted: 4/29/2017 7:35:02 AM
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Hey Clooney, There's a bush in the way! Skoot, a little more to the left will ya?

Aside from my addiction to the Forums, (Some think this is "strange" LOL) I have no addictions..................Well maybe, I love my Sunday mornin' coffee flavored either with creamer or Frangelico.

Quirks? I have reversed cliche's for so many years, I have a hard time thinking them forward, LOL
"Time's fun when you're having flies", "Ship up or shape out", "Kill two stones with one bird". (I have no desire to kill any birds)
 gtomustang
Msg: 66
Posted: 4/29/2017 7:38:51 AM
wait, is that a banana bush? oh.....

i'd like to say I don't have an addiction to the Forums, b/c they teach me things. I can admit I have an addiction to old machinery and old books/magazines...since I have a lot of both, it must be an addiction. I'd like to call it a collection, but my friends intervene and say I can't.

I guess maybe someone should post what the definition of "addiction" or "quirk" really is. My Mustang loves to blow out rear taillight bulbs, is that a quirk? or inanimate objects can't have quirks or character flaws?
 deetristate
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/30/2017 1:40:37 PM
I detest people who wait for your parking spot.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 68
Posted: 4/30/2017 7:15:21 PM

I detest people who wait for your parking spot.

Pretty strong emotions for something so innocent as waiting for a parking spot...says the lady (?) who always calls liberals "haters" for expressing their views :/
 deetristate
Msg: 69
Posted: 4/30/2017 7:21:20 PM
I know you love me, Irish, your racism aside.
Try not to make it so obvious by only posting when I post.

I mean, really.

I keep forgetting how average people make ill comparisons because they are literal. Sorry.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 70
Posted: 4/30/2017 8:14:08 PM

I know you love me, Irish, your racism aside.

How cute, the tRump lover thinks someone is racist.

I keep forgetting how average people make ill comparisons because they are literal. Sorry.

Then maybe you should go back and read some of your own, they should serve as a good reminder.
 RenissanceMan68
Msg: 71
Posted: 4/30/2017 8:52:48 PM

How cute, the tRump lover thinks someone is racist.

How cute indeed.. a racist commenting about someone being racist. A like a pedophile calling out a rapist.

Then maybe you should go back and read some of your own, they should serve as a good reminder.

A prime example of a pot calling a kettle... no... a prime example of a toilet calling a urinal white.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 72
Posted: 4/30/2017 9:36:15 PM

How cute indeed.. a racist commenting about someone being racist. A like a pedophile calling out a rapist.

Yep what ever you do, avoid make direct accusations and baking those up with facts, just toss out the pedo stuff.

A prime example of a pot calling a kettle... no... a prime example of a toilet calling a urinal white.

Spoken like a true racist.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What's your strange addictions or quirks?