Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why lie to me, I'm not your wife????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 infennario
Msg: 23
Why lie to me, I'm not your wife????Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

Personally I would not be friends with anyone that cheats. I flush those toxic people to the wayside. They showed their true selves and they are all about them.

Me too. They generate trouble. I've never understood sleeping with people and lying about it.
 daynadaze
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Why lie to me, I'm not your wife????
Posted: 9/4/2011 7:38:14 PM
He's a lying cheater, why would you expect him to tell you the truth? Kind of crazy don't you think. And just why are you friends with someone who treated you and now treats his wife so badly? What's your story, seems like one would have to wonder why you around him at all.
 good_catch77
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/4/2011 10:37:48 PM
Dang OP this sounds like a script for a soap opera. This would be up for drama of the year.

So your worried about why a ex is sleeping around on his current wife? EH?

Anyway,to make a long story short, I told him what I heard about him and he still denys it. LOL Why?? I don't even know his wife, I won't be telling her about it. It just makes no sense. It has always been quite obvious that he was cheating. And now his "friend" has confirmed it. I know he would tell his boys. Do you guys think that telling a female friend runs the risk of her telling the wife???

Would you tell a guy friend you was cheating on your husband? Esp if you wasn't sure if he'd tell on you? His "boys" are usually friends of forever ago. Usually the ones he's known since childhood. So of course he's going to tell someone he's known longer. Plus with this script for drama you wrote I wouldn't tell you a thing about my life.

If I walked into a retail place next to a woman, wither we knew each other or not, by the time I reached the 1st aisle I'd be sleeping with her and her baby daddy. And by aisle 2 we'd be married even if we went different directions in the store...actually since we split up in the store we was defiantly married since that is what married people do.

Best of luck to everyone

larissan04
Msg: 26
Posted: 9/4/2011 10:40:49 PM
why would you be friends with him? he's married now and has a kid. maybe his wife is leary about you in addition to all of the other female friends that he has.
 Pasionlatina529
Msg: 27
Posted: 9/5/2011 12:53:39 AM
It cause he considers his x..u, his friend. Yet as a female he doesn't trust to say the truth. Now that wife could have been you..now I would distance myself from that one before the wife finds out about you n thinks he's cheating with u. SMH
 motown cowgirl
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/5/2011 5:37:49 AM
Do you guys think that telling a female friend runs the risk of her telling the wife???

telephone, telegraph, tell a woman.

I have become friends with my exboyfriend.

that's nice, he's warming you up for a little side-dish too. BUT HE WILL NEVER ADMIT IT.

pasmal
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/5/2011 5:50:41 AM
You clearly are fear driven and can't let go of the past.
So, now cheaters like your ex suck up your energy.
Duh, he has no need to "come clean" with you.
He wants you on tap when the recent enabler kicks him out.
You're his back up plan-"such good friends".
He's a player and you're "good friends"?
With a liar? Empty your life of these users, find someone morally and spiritually uplifting.
Be ok with being alone until you find this person.
Do not settle.
Make these changes now before old cat lady status happens.
8 plus years of your energy sucked by this man?
He must be charming or good looking and it's blinding you.
Find a guy with inner beauty.
 PrunellaJones
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/5/2011 6:50:29 AM
He sounds massively misunderstood
LOL

~OP~ I dunno why they continuously deny, deny, deny. (Cheaters that is, not just men that cheat.) ...., actual pictures of ....and he tried the, "It isn't what it looks like...." line. I mean really now! Some of our ex's are worth friendship and some are just wastes of time. Only you know which category you want to place this man. Personally? I'd have no interest in being his friend ~ he's a liar. Why bother??
I agree with this one, word for word.
 maryjay51
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/5/2011 7:02:36 AM
I think you need to listen to yourself talk. He cheats and he is an ex and he is hanging out with all his exes while he has a wife..ummm you don't see anything wrong with that???
 femaleconnection
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/5/2011 7:03:22 AM
Pepople wonder how crap ends up at thier doorstep...and this is how-you suspected him of lying and cheating when you two dated...but that somehow made him a candidate to be a good friend? Why? Arent we supposed to respect our friends?

Instead of wondering why he would lie to you about this, ask yourself why you allow a liar in your life...on any level. That is the real issue here. Dont you think you deserve a higher class of friends?

We are judged on who we spend time with...and my dear, you spend time with a liar and a cheat. Hopefully many a good man has not passed you by because of this...I wouldnt doubt it. I know I would not date someone who was hanging around with an ex, aespecially one that was suspected of cheating...I mean really, what does that say about you?

There comes a time when you need to draw that proberbial line in the sand and defend your morals...if you accept moral-less ones to that other side, then you become as moral-less in everyone elses eyes...we are not 19 anymore and its time to grow up.
 VacationGuy234
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2011 7:04:14 AM
Why lie to you? Maybe because you are gullible? You are still friends with a guy whom you suspected of hurting you, but that doesn't stop you from continuing the relationship. So, I have to believe, the lying doesn't bother you at all.

The real question is, and the one you should be asking: Why are you hanging out with someone who will hurt you?

I don't think you hate the lying so much as you love the drama. Lose the guy and start hanging around normal people. If he would cheat on his wife, imagine the stuff he's been doing to his friends, which you've now become.
 Walts
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2011 7:29:25 AM
Cool choice in friends ya have there OP. I would suggest going about things differently in the future.

Oh, he lies to you because he can(and does). You also accept these lies,so he'll keep on doing what he does. Pretty simple, huh??????
 Sully8545
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/5/2011 10:02:39 AM
I have a cousin who can lie about anything and it's become a joke amongst all of us who know him. His nickname is "the truth" because he never tells it.

This guy is your version of "the truth". He'll never give you a straight answer.
 Smileyfacegrins
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2011 10:56:01 AM
Of course. He didn't tell you and he's not going to tell you now...Where there's smoke there's usually fire...Trust is something this guy doesn't know the meaning of/nor practices...
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 37
Posted: 9/5/2011 11:00:56 AM
All the posts have the situation covered:

• the guy is a cheater
• the guy is a liar
• the guy lied to you again - you should EXPECT HIM TO LIE by now - friend or not, you KNOW this guy's character, you KNOW he's a liar, you should EXPECT HIM TO LIE.

Let's look at it another way: HE'S NOT YOUR HUSBAND, HE MADE NO PROMISES TO YOU. Bluntly, he doesn't owe you the truth. Find some other mystery to investigate.
 SweetLady95
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/5/2011 12:17:41 PM
Well, I didn't see anything wrong with being his friend. I didn't have any ill feelings toward him after the relationship ended because I basically was no longer in love with him. I never verified whether he was cheating during our relationship and could really care less because I had moved on. He experienced a tragic event a year after we broke up and I guess that's how we really began speaking again. My thinking was that we were getting along great as friends, just wasn't right for each other as a couple. . But, I don't respect his lying because I don't lie to any of my friends or try to portray that I'm something that I'm not. Also, as a Christian, I don't respect his cheating on his wife. So, I get what you guys are saying about the fact that he is just not an honest person and that I should no longer be friends with him. I have known him for 13 years now and that's easier said than done. I just can’t be that mean. He has been there for me during these 13 yrs just as much as I have been here to listen to his "drama." But, this has definitely rubbed me the wrong way and it is time for me to re-evaluate our friendship and talk to God about it.
 kensan88
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/17/2011 8:35:27 PM
he's not your friend he will try to have sex with you if you give in game game game
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why lie to me, I'm not your wife????