Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Religion and Dating      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 quinneskimo
Msg: 199
Religion and DatingPage 10 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Oh come. This guy hasn't posted in 3 years, did you check his history? So you make a comment on a thread that hasn't been posted on in 5 years and comment about a poster who hasn't posted in 3 years. You're hunting and you came out looking a little on the petty side. Actually, it makes you look a little foolish.

Who am I? Ask the Nun.
 BlunderBoy30
Msg: 200
Religion and Dating
Posted: 5/8/2016 11:02:56 PM
1st you must know what the Gospel is... Google: Good person Test. 2nd that person either is a Christian or is not a Christian. Maybe you define open-minded and close- minded differently...but there was no-one more close minded when Jesus said John 14:6.. 2 Cor. 6:14. Matthew 13:24...and... Matthew 7:15.
o·pen-mind·ed

adjective

adjective: open-minded; adjective: openminded

willing to consider new ideas; unprejudiced.

synonyms: unbiased, unprejudiced, nonpartisan, neutral, nonjudgmental, nondiscriminatory; More

Jesus said to Judge not hypocritically (matt 7:1)
Often misquoted "Judge not less you be judged" , or also out of context.
 Maleman999
Msg: 201
Religion and Dating
Posted: 5/9/2016 12:13:20 PM

...when Jesus said John 14:6.. 2 Cor. 6:14. Matthew 13:24...and... Matthew 7:15.
Jesus said to Judge not hypocritically (matt 7:1)

Do you have videotape or any other proof Jesus said these things or any other quotes from Jesus or his buddies?
Oh, I forgot. Religion is blindly believing anything and everything that's told to you without questioning any of it or verifying anything.
 eg0724
Msg: 202
Religion and Dating
Posted: 5/19/2016 8:27:01 PM
Depends on the couple.
My mother is a very devout Catholic. My dad is Agnostic.
They have been married for 35 years, but what makes it work is that my mother has never forced him to read the bible with her or go to church with her. My dad doesn't make fun of her for believing or call her dumb for putting faith first before science. They have their own opinions, but neither has ever forced one on the other. Respect is the ingredient.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 203
Religion and Dating
Posted: 5/19/2016 8:42:05 PM

My mother is a very devout Catholic. My dad is Agnostic.
They have been married for 35 years, but what makes it work is that my mother has never forced him to read the bible with her or go to church with her. My dad doesn't make fun of her for believing or call her dumb for putting faith first before science. They have their own opinions, but neither has ever forced one on the other. Respect is the ingredient.

That's great! As they say, nothing costs as little and is valued as highly as simple politeness.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 204
Religion and Dating
Posted: 5/20/2016 9:54:20 AM
"My mother is a very devout Catholic. My dad is Agnostic.
They have been married for 35 years, but what makes it work is that my mother has never forced him to read the bible with her or go to church with her. My dad doesn't make fun of her for believing or call her dumb for putting faith first before science. They have their own opinions, but neither has ever forced one on the other. Respect is the ingredient."

It's a shame EVERYONE doesn't have this attitude towards EVERYONE ELSE.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Religion and Dating
Posted: 5/20/2016 12:48:38 PM

My dad doesn't make fun of her for believing or call her dumb for putting faith first before science.

I think that's easier for a guy, because the 'classical' woman will not be scientifically minded anyway (emotion, feelings trumping first), in general. Guys tend to be used accustomed to that. Many people can be devout Xian and have it personal, which doesn't get in the way. I think when it conflicts with real-life issues, that's where it can. But if it doesn't, it doesn't. One of the problems though is that with many devout people it isn't just personal -- that certainly will get in the way and make them incompatible.
 LGL1975
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Religion and Dating
Posted: 5/21/2016 6:20:50 PM

Under what circumstances should one carry on a relationship? That is the question I currently find myself pending.

Let's assume you meet a great and attractive person and they feel attraction for you too. Then as you get to know them more, they turn out to be a religious nut (let's use Christianity as an example) and take a completely literal interpretation of the Bible.

So here's the question: If the other person (me in this case) is a liberal, open-minded person that shies away from organized religion, is the relationship worth pursuing?

There is no such thing as an open-minded liberal. They are just as doctrinaire as Christianity. The two are a perfect match.
 daynadaze
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Religion and Dating
Posted: 5/21/2016 9:00:49 PM
There is no such think as an open minded conservative. They are just as doctrinaire as Christianity. The two are a perfect match.

Oh look, it sounds just as dumb both ways.
 naulaj
Msg: 208
Religion and Dating
Posted: 6/6/2016 4:22:00 PM
Honestly, religious or not.. why would you debate pursuing a relationship with someone you consider a NUT?
 LGL1975
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Religion and Dating
Posted: 6/6/2016 8:20:40 PM
Liberalism is Christianity minus the invisible man. Both serve the same purpose to control large numbers of slaves.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Religion and Dating