Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Religion and Dating      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cotter
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Religion and DatingPage 9 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Message 208 ...
I just wonder why so many people who don't like religion, don't just look for someone similar.
Well, maybe they do but then we have the liars on here who misrepresent themselves to others. Aren't you one that admitted you are jewish and do not want a woman to know that ahead of time? You told us that years ago.

What is the point of withholding such information knowing full well that others might contact you with the idea that you are non-religious? Who would be that ashamed of their religious beliefs and just when does someone expose their religious beliefs to someone who has been misled like that?

I mean, if there are so many people who don't like religion, wouldn't they prefer someone of similar lifestyle choices?
Absolutely and that is why it is really sad that so many in here lie about it and misrepresent themselves to others about that.

Is it THAT hard to meet someone who has the same religion or non-religion as you?
Yes ... especially when people are outright lying about it ... and you are one of them!
 NJgirl116
Msg: 186
Religion and Dating
Posted: 5/4/2016 8:05:02 PM

I wont date someone that goes to church. Nothing in common it would never work. I dont get along with religion getting shoved down my throat

I just love opinions like this one. The man went to church before her and will keep going after her. Yet, it's construed as shoving religion down her throat.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 187
Religion and Dating
Posted: 5/4/2016 8:12:49 PM
Baptized a Catholic and attended Baptist schools on Sundays so my parents got a break :)

That being said, I work Sundays. I'm not 'religious'.

I'm open to all faiths, but I won't convert to Judaism by the 3rd date.

One gal that was 'religious' contacted me twice. 2 years apart.

I told her each time that I haven't changed.

Religion is a 'core' value. I respect that, but please don't expect me to change my core values just so we can be a couple.

YMMV

p.s.

As a matter of fact, I TRIED to date a female pastor.

She actually went so far as to say that she believed in pre-marital sex.

KUDOS!

But...one fella before me accepted her profession, yet walked out the first time he saw her give a sermon.

After a month of dating 'in the middle' driving wise, so her congregation would not see us together, I threw in the towel.

No intimacy plus I just felt plain nasty trying to 'get it on' with a servant of the Lord.

I felt awful when she said....'I fed you by hand on the beach!'

Damn....

NJgirl116
Msg: 188
Religion and Dating
Posted: 5/4/2016 8:29:54 PM

But...one fella before me accepted her profession, yet walked out the first time he saw her give a sermon.

That bad, huh?

The best sermons I ever heard were by Dr. Philip H. Towner in NYC... well, he's a PhD and has lived in Oxford... no wonder... after sermons like his you miss the same level of sophistication. Too bad NYC has no parking... I couldn't do it on Sunday's mornings anymore after a while.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Religion and Dating
Posted: 5/4/2016 8:36:36 PM

I wont date someone that goes to church. Nothing in common it would never work. I dont get along with religion getting shoved down my throat

Well, that strongly depends on what church one goes to. There are people who go to church sometimes and don't preach it out at all... but they've grown up on it and take it more like going to a family gathering out of routine.

No intimacy plus I just felt plain nasty trying to 'get it on' with a servant of the Lord.

Well, since she was down for premarital porking, as she said -- I wouldn't find it 'nasty'. I'd find it 'wrong' if I in any way had to play any games in any way to Convince... but come on, wouldn't it be cool/exciting to pork a female pastor? I could see that excitement in the mind overshadow the actual level of true Like & Compatibility. But if you did have that, that would just be an added turn on!
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 190
Religion and Dating
Posted: 5/4/2016 8:39:11 PM
Well, truth be told, I'd drink more blood of Christ if it were white and not red :(
 gtomustang
Msg: 191
Religion and Dating
Posted: 5/4/2016 8:53:20 PM
and if they used a really crusty sourdough bread...or a sweet coarse pumpernickel.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 192
Religion and Dating
Posted: 5/5/2016 5:12:18 AM
Post 212..ah cotter the Jew-hunter strikes again..sniffs 'em out and forces them to "confess"..would have risen in rank in the Waffen-SS, no doubt...

"admitted" you were a Jew..is it a crime?

Dig up a thread that was abandoned 5 years ago just to make this "triumphant" comment!!

" I caught you!! You're a shape-shifting reptile who eats children and hoards money..er, I meant to say , a jew "- cotter.
If we were in cttr's beloved Third Reich, the thousand year Reich, indeed it would be a crime..shows the ruse about the flimsy "distinction" claimed between being "anti-Zionist" and anti-Jew.
It's Jews you hate, cttr, like many who hide behind the "zionist" thing..come clean and admit it, don't be one of those mealy-mouthed slime who hates and lies about it, denies it. Doesn't have the courage to state their hate honestly.
You and the bald tanned guy oj 126, white supremacist and anti-semite, from Florida have common cause
 quinneskimo
Msg: 193
Religion and Dating
Posted: 5/5/2016 5:20:04 AM
I wonder why someone would come back and make a snide comment to a man's post from 5 years ago. Who would someone bother to look for an old thread just to comment to a guy she says admitted he was Jewish? That sounds very petty.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 194
Religion and Dating
Posted: 5/5/2016 5:32:10 AM
^^^^
Petty..the reincarnation of Ilse Koch, the B1tch of Buchenwald? Who knows...?
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 195
Religion and Dating
Posted: 5/5/2016 5:48:22 AM

I wonder why someone would come back and make a snide comment to a man's post from 5 years ago. Who would someone bother to look for an old thread just to comment to a guy she says admitted he was Jewish? That sounds very petty.

I used to wonder about things like this myself. Then I concluded that some of the people on here are mentally ill.

I actually feel sorry for them while others get angry and argue with them.

To each their own I guess.
 quinneskimo
Msg: 196
Religion and Dating
Posted: 5/5/2016 6:14:30 AM
Message 221, maybe that is her job to go around and "out" all the Jewish people on the dating site. Maybe put a yellow star on their profile to mark them.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 197
Religion and Dating
Posted: 5/5/2016 6:30:55 AM
^^
True, it seems that way..maybe write "Jude" on the header of each profile she outs.
Is an online Kristallnacht possible?
Perhaps it is organizing one, heard it has a preference for Brown Shirts.
 cotter
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Religion and Dating
Posted: 5/5/2016 9:46:29 AM
Message 220 ...
I wonder why someone would come back and make a snide comment to a man's post from 5 years ago.
Nope ... just happened to be looking through threads on "religion" because the topic keeps coming up in "Off Topic" and found his name and remembered that he was saying he did not really want to put "jewish" on his profile because women don't want to date a "jew".

Who would someone bother to look for an old thread just to comment to a guy she says admitted he was Jewish?
I would ... so I can go back and keep looking for proof when people like that hateful "marilyn" poster who comes in here spewing her venom ... accusing me of making shit like that up. She herself is jewish and doesn't put it on her profile either. I guess she's too ashamed of it.

That sounds very petty.

Not to me ... especially since there are so many people trying to put me down for outing the liars!

Given that he is a "religion liar" himself, I thought it was really ironic that he posted what he did ...
Is it THAT hard to meet someone who has the same religion or non-religion as you?

Message 222 ...
Then I concluded that some of the people on here are mentally ill.
Yeah I know ... we're getting so many reincarnations these days ... but they never seem to change their posting styles. Wouldn't it be easier just to keep one profile and proceed?

Sooooo ... "Quinneskimo" ... what reincarnation are you? How many is this? Reincarnation #5 or perhaps #6 ... maybe even #7?

I actually feel sorry for them while others get angry and argue with them.
Maybe others feel sorry for you too ... you make some pretty bizarre posts yourself ... eh?
 quinneskimo
Msg: 199
Religion and Dating
Posted: 5/5/2016 9:57:24 AM
Oh come. This guy hasn't posted in 3 years, did you check his history? So you make a comment on a thread that hasn't been posted on in 5 years and comment about a poster who hasn't posted in 3 years. You're hunting and you came out looking a little on the petty side. Actually, it makes you look a little foolish.

Who am I? Ask the Nun.
 BlunderBoy30
Msg: 200
Religion and Dating
Posted: 5/8/2016 11:02:56 PM
1st you must know what the Gospel is... Google: Good person Test. 2nd that person either is a Christian or is not a Christian. Maybe you define open-minded and close- minded differently...but there was no-one more close minded when Jesus said John 14:6.. 2 Cor. 6:14. Matthew 13:24...and... Matthew 7:15.
o·pen-mind·ed

adjective

adjective: open-minded; adjective: openminded

willing to consider new ideas; unprejudiced.

synonyms: unbiased, unprejudiced, nonpartisan, neutral, nonjudgmental, nondiscriminatory; More

Jesus said to Judge not hypocritically (matt 7:1)
Often misquoted "Judge not less you be judged" , or also out of context.
 Maleman999
Msg: 201
Religion and Dating
Posted: 5/9/2016 12:13:20 PM

...when Jesus said John 14:6.. 2 Cor. 6:14. Matthew 13:24...and... Matthew 7:15.
Jesus said to Judge not hypocritically (matt 7:1)

Do you have videotape or any other proof Jesus said these things or any other quotes from Jesus or his buddies?
Oh, I forgot. Religion is blindly believing anything and everything that's told to you without questioning any of it or verifying anything.
 eg0724
Msg: 202
Religion and Dating
Posted: 5/19/2016 8:27:01 PM
Depends on the couple.
My mother is a very devout Catholic. My dad is Agnostic.
They have been married for 35 years, but what makes it work is that my mother has never forced him to read the bible with her or go to church with her. My dad doesn't make fun of her for believing or call her dumb for putting faith first before science. They have their own opinions, but neither has ever forced one on the other. Respect is the ingredient.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 203
Religion and Dating
Posted: 5/19/2016 8:42:05 PM

My mother is a very devout Catholic. My dad is Agnostic.
They have been married for 35 years, but what makes it work is that my mother has never forced him to read the bible with her or go to church with her. My dad doesn't make fun of her for believing or call her dumb for putting faith first before science. They have their own opinions, but neither has ever forced one on the other. Respect is the ingredient.

That's great! As they say, nothing costs as little and is valued as highly as simple politeness.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 204
Religion and Dating
Posted: 5/20/2016 9:54:20 AM
"My mother is a very devout Catholic. My dad is Agnostic.
They have been married for 35 years, but what makes it work is that my mother has never forced him to read the bible with her or go to church with her. My dad doesn't make fun of her for believing or call her dumb for putting faith first before science. They have their own opinions, but neither has ever forced one on the other. Respect is the ingredient."

It's a shame EVERYONE doesn't have this attitude towards EVERYONE ELSE.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Religion and Dating
Posted: 5/20/2016 12:48:38 PM

My dad doesn't make fun of her for believing or call her dumb for putting faith first before science.

I think that's easier for a guy, because the 'classical' woman will not be scientifically minded anyway (emotion, feelings trumping first), in general. Guys tend to be used accustomed to that. Many people can be devout Xian and have it personal, which doesn't get in the way. I think when it conflicts with real-life issues, that's where it can. But if it doesn't, it doesn't. One of the problems though is that with many devout people it isn't just personal -- that certainly will get in the way and make them incompatible.
 LGL1975
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Religion and Dating
Posted: 5/21/2016 6:20:50 PM

Under what circumstances should one carry on a relationship? That is the question I currently find myself pending.

Let's assume you meet a great and attractive person and they feel attraction for you too. Then as you get to know them more, they turn out to be a religious nut (let's use Christianity as an example) and take a completely literal interpretation of the Bible.

So here's the question: If the other person (me in this case) is a liberal, open-minded person that shies away from organized religion, is the relationship worth pursuing?

There is no such thing as an open-minded liberal. They are just as doctrinaire as Christianity. The two are a perfect match.
 daynadaze
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Religion and Dating
Posted: 5/21/2016 9:00:49 PM
There is no such think as an open minded conservative. They are just as doctrinaire as Christianity. The two are a perfect match.

Oh look, it sounds just as dumb both ways.
 naulaj
Msg: 208
Religion and Dating
Posted: 6/6/2016 4:22:00 PM
Honestly, religious or not.. why would you debate pursuing a relationship with someone you consider a NUT?
 LGL1975
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Religion and Dating
Posted: 6/6/2016 8:20:40 PM
Liberalism is Christianity minus the invisible man. Both serve the same purpose to control large numbers of slaves.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Religion and Dating