Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Rick Perry -      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Neopoli
Msg: 76
Rick Perry - Page 4 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

Stop trying to get people confused about who attacked the US on September 11, 2001.

It was Al Qaeda. By now you should know that after the initial invasion of Afghanistan Bush didn't do much to combat Al Qaeda in Afghanistan, because his main interest was to get control of the oil in Iraq.

The myth becomes legend, & legends live forever..LOL. Some people refuse to give it up.

The site below gives a pretty honest assessment of intel given to President Bush and the Congress:

http://www.factcheck.org/article358.html

[Read the whole report for yourself.]

Bush was cleared by the intelligence commitee of the accusation that he knew the intel was faulty. In the above site you can reference the same intel report that the congress and Bush recieved.

The Senate,according to this report,pretty much rubber stamped it.

So did my fellow DEMOCRATIC Senator John Rockefeller, Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, who gave Congress the summary of NIE intelligence pertaining to WMD in Iraq. Based on that intelligence from the CIA, which was still being run by Clinton-appointed Fellow Democrat George Tenet, Congress(with a slightly Democratic controlled Senate and slightly Republican controlled House) voted to invade Iraq.

So the Democrats I voted for in turn voted to invade Iraq.

Its the Senate Intelligence Committee's job to organize information & present it for debate & vote in Congress. I still have no idea how former Texas Republican governor George Bush takes the blame for something that career Democratic senator Chairman John D. Rockefeller OKed & presented to Congress.

Of the 92 YES votes by the Senate to invade Iraq, the makeup of the Senate at that time was 49 Republican, 51 Democrat, & 1 Independant. The MAJORITY of MY FELLOW DEMOCRATS voted to invade on the summary of intelligence, provided by the NIE & Democrat appointee CIA chief George Tenet & presented under the guidance of fellow Democrat Rockefeller.

According to the belief here, a 2 year Republican president fooled a 20+ year Democratic Senate Intelligence Committee chairman, a democrat CIA chief, (AND most of his party members) at his own game??? Are Democrats that stupid? Thats why they are pi$$ed about this.

The only way they could have been duped was that they did not do their job. You should be pissed at them, like I am. Its sh1t like this that makes me ashamed to admit I'm a Democrat. Im even more ashamed of other Democrats who keep spouting this sh1t. So yes, I suppose us Democrats are that stupid, which can only help someone like Perry. Reagan Democrats still need someone to vote for.

Imported_labor
Msg: 77
Rick Perry -
Posted: 10/9/2011 8:51:27 AM

The myth becomes legend, & legends live forever..LOL. Some people refuse to give it up.

The site below gives a pretty honest assessment of intel given to President Bush and the Congress:

http://www.factcheck.org/article358.html

The link to the site is broken, so the report is unavailable.

The point here is: are you also representing to us that Afghanistan and Iraq were one and the same people who attacked the US on 9/11/2001?

If you have evidence linking Saddam Hussein to Al Qaeda I would like to see it, otherwise you better get your facts straight.

You don't like me saying that the Bush administration lied to get the country involved in a war with Iraq, and you want to pass the buck to the Democrats who, according to you, either were "duped" or were complicit with Bush in taking the country to a war against a country that hadn't attacked us. I am not going to defend the Democrats because they didn't oppose the Bush war against Iraq. As you say, they either were stupid or complicit, but that doesn't mean that the Bush administration didn't lie to get his way.

Have you forgotten the affair with Ambassador Joseph Wilson and the outing of his wife, Valerie Plame who was a CIA operative? Her outing was in retaliation against Joe Wilson who had been asked to investigate and report on the activities of Saddam Hussein trying to obtain materials for the supposed WMD that he was building. His reports were negative, meaning that he hadn't found any evidence of what the Bush administration needed as an excuse for their upcoming war against Saddam Hussein.

So, you want to vote for Perry? You need an excuse to do that? Or perhaps you agree with the Republicans that are hurting for another war? I have heard that they want to go to Mexico to straighten things out there. It looks as if some people will never learn until it is too late.
 cotter
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Rick Perry -
Posted: 10/9/2011 6:12:43 PM

So you dont have a problem then with our POTUS being a member of a church and follower of a religion that allows child rape and child abuse?
Did I fall asleep somewhere in the last 60+ years?

Which president is a member of a church and follower of a religion that allows child rape and child abuse? I knew some of the Xtian cults were up to that crap, but never knew that one of our actual presidents was a member of such a church.

Wow this is big stuff!!

Is Perry a member of one of those cults that has no tolerance for gays, etc.? Is he also one of those guys that has no tolerance for any other religions of the world?
 jed456
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Rick Perry -
Posted: 10/10/2011 1:11:07 PM
Vote for Rick Perry nope. I may not vote at all I am not impressed with any of the candidates including the President.
 .dej
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Rick Perry -
Posted: 10/10/2011 4:42:00 PM
Doesn't look feasible for Perry to get the nomination. Cain probably will, and I actually think he's the best candidate possible on the (R) side. And he's infinitely more qualified than Obama.

That being said, Apologist, you're not going to win this argument. Perry is a Republican. Bush is a Republican. Therefore they are the same evil racist puppy-killing war-mongering poor-people-hating scum of the earth and there's no difference. At least in Cotter's mind, because somehow, that's how politics work. I wouldn't let yourself be so repeatedly drawn in by posts like those. It's only going to make you want to bash your skull against the desk.
 .dej
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Rick Perry -
Posted: 10/10/2011 11:33:14 PM
Noted, but I think everyone else already realizes my previous point.
 cotter
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Rick Perry -
Posted: 10/11/2011 9:33:16 PM

Cain ... the best candidate possible on the (R) side. And he's infinitely more qualified than Obama.
Yes ... Cain would be a good candidate to run against President Obama. Maybe we can convince him to put Bachmann on as his running mate.

Perry ... Bush ... evil racist puppy-killing war-mongering poor-people-hating scum of the earth and there's no difference.
Hmmmm ... it's as if someone was reading my mind!!

At least in Cotter's mind ...
Oh wow ... the poster is psychic. He can read my mind and took the liberty to post my personal thoughts. Yeah ... that's it.

I wouldn't let yourself be so repeatedly drawn in by posts like those.
No ... don't do that. It's better when one can't find anything else to post, just post personal attacks on other posters in the thread.

OT...
I highly doubt Perry will get any kind of nomination.

So you dont have a problem then with our POTUS being a member of a church and follower of a religion that allows child rape and child abuse?
Hmmm ... still no answer to that.

Again ... I never knew that one of our actual presidents was a member of such a church. Which president is a member of a church and follower of a religion that allows child rape and child abuse?
 .dej
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Rick Perry -
Posted: 10/12/2011 8:52:09 AM
Doesn't even deny that she doesn't think there's a difference between two people whose only similarity is that they were governor of the same place. And they didn't even govern remotely similarly.

Like I said. Don't bother responding. Everyone already sees it for what it is. No need to raise your blood pressure demonstrating it.
 jed456
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Rick Perry -
Posted: 10/12/2011 3:42:19 PM
Ah yes guilt by association

I guess the pastor in Texas never heard of

The No Religious Test Clause of the United States Constitution is found in Article VI, paragraph 3, and states that:

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

But I am not surprised coming from an evangelical preacher.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Rick Perry -
Posted: 10/13/2011 1:02:03 PM
Hold on a second, Have you even read the book of Mormon? Prob not. I not only lived in Salt Lake City for 2 1/2 years, but I also dated a woman that for 5 years that was a Mormon as well and before I read the book of Mormon I had the same attitude towards the Mormon faith. I listened and read other peoples biased remarks too without actually reading the book itself to determine what it was about. Instead I was ignorantly blinded by the fact of what other people like my father for example that never picked up the book himself and read it to make a real judgment on it which made him completely ignorant.

Yes Mormons are Christians. They believe in the bible, they believe in God and Jesus Christ. The only diff is that they believe in another testament of the bible that they felt were lost scriptures never written in the bible in which most of their book is based around the old testament. Now to say they aren't Christians because of that and are cults is like saying any Christian faith that's not Catholic and proclaim themselves to be Christians are essentially a cult too, because of the fact that they broke away from the church and wrote the King James version of the bible instead of continuing to use the Holy bible as their base after the council of Trent, which would be utterly ignorant and untrue to make that assessment just because of the fact that that the King James version and the Holy bible differ in some area relating to certain aspects of the old testament. Same aspect goes for the Mormon faith aswell.
 jed456
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Rick Perry -
Posted: 10/13/2011 1:58:45 PM
Thank you Steelcity1981 I am not a Romney supporter but I find some posters on here disingenuous to say the least. This is the same kind of crap When John Kennedy was running and a lot of the American people thought he was going to be following orders from the Vatican,ignorant bigotry!

Personally when following any candidate my first question is not What is your religious belief? I could care less if their a druid or not religious at all. Are they the best candidate to get the job done Period!
 jed456
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Rick Perry -
Posted: 10/13/2011 2:01:13 PM

It does not protect criminals nor provide an umbrella of protection for candidates that adhere to one that practices child molestation.

I see care to show any proof that Romney has been convicted of child molestation?If not your spreading nonsense!
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Rick Perry -
Posted: 10/13/2011 2:24:40 PM
Yep, Jed I agree 100% and yes Romeny isn't liked amongst some people in his own faith much like Kennedy wasn't because they didn't follow the "status quo" of their faith and went against the grain in certain areas which annoyed some far right religious people within their faith. My ex girlfriends father which is also a mormon (that is one of those far right religious people) called Romeny a jack-Mormon, because of his position on healthcare and gay rights. A mormon calling another mormon a jack-mormon is equal to calling someone a lazy piece of sh** to their faith. Now was that wrong of my ex girlfriends father to slander him like that because of those things that he didn't agree with? Of course, but in his mind he isn't a real Mormon and you can't make someone change their ignorance, only people that are willing to see their ignorance for themselves can.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Rick Perry -
Posted: 10/13/2011 4:08:52 PM
Well it's funny you mention that because the book of Mormon only goes up to 425 A.d. and i have not read anything that relates to that in the Book of Mormon, because the book of Mormon was written before Jospeh Smith contemplated that idea of plural marriages in Zion Ill when the idea first came about.

Yeah but we can contest of plural marriages all the way back into the old testament in which many prophets had multiple wives, which he was trying to relate to. Basicly Joseph Smith said, if it was ok for the prophets back then to have plural marriages why can't we? Now a nice sum of Mormons weren't in favor of this idea for reasons being that they felt it wasn't right and ended up splitting from Joseph Smith's sector and practiced the LDS faith without his involvment, which is not uncommon as many faiths that are tied to each other but became their own sector of that faith due to a dissagreemt in something within their faith like Baptist and Southern Baptist or Cathloics and Episcopalian for example. Even Brigham Young strongerly disagreed with Joseph Smith on that issue, but decided to leave that option open when they traveled to Utah when men were dying and women and children were left fatherless during that journey to combine families during hardships. But since then the LDS faith has denounced plural marriges as they felt there was no need for it anymore. So it's really a moot point to bring up now much like it is to bring up prophets of the old testament having multiple wives.

As for the underage marriages, that's been going on ever since biblical times. My grand mother was 15 when she got married to my grand father that was 23. So it was common for underage marriages back then to take place. What soceity considers underage now wasn't underage to old societies back then.

Rather these things that took place were right or wrong is one thing but to denounce them as Christians because of those two things would be like denouncing christains from other faiths christains as well, because of those very same things that once also took place in the bible, even though they denounced both things since then a long time ago.

Bladesmith81801
Msg: 90
Rick Perry -
Posted: 10/13/2011 5:32:05 PM
"Absolutely! And anything that I write that is read to be untrue is my ignorance not intentional deception, I promise you.
As far as Catholicism damn, why don't you just beat me in the head with a hammer, bro? LOL I will say this: I see my fellow believers in Christ, Catholics, that are Christian (and they're are many) that I love ya.. "

Your ignorance runs pretty deep then. Because nobody in their right mind ever thought Jeffs was head of the Church of Latter day Saints.

Does it really matter what the Mormons believe? Their claim of Magic stones, Golden tablets written in "reformed" Egyptian (How did farm boy Smith learn a language that doesn't exist?) that only he could see, magic underwear, ad nauseum, isn't any more far fetched than Christianity's claim that their invisiable Sky Daddy, who, if you don't worship him (Despite claiming you have free will), will cast you into Hell for eternity, came down and invisibly impregnated a virgin, and that child, who is his son but ALSO himself, sacrificed himself, came back to life 3 days after dying, flew into the air, and merged with his Daddy self and some ghost that was just hanging around?

Either or both are equally incredulous, and neither one has room to throw stones at either one or anyone elses beliefs. When you get down to it, ALL religions are pretty much silly when you look at them with a logical eye.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Rick Perry -
Posted: 10/13/2011 6:46:31 PM
Joseph smith believed that when he discovered the tablets that god envisioned him to understand it.

All religions are based on faith. I can't prove to anyone that God exist nor do I need to. Just like one doesn't have to prove to anyone why they believe in what they believe when it comes to being a conservative independent or a liberal. You believe in what you believe in because you choose to believe in it based on your perception in which best fits you.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Rick Perry -
Posted: 10/14/2011 4:17:23 AM
Association hell, the man is Romneys religious leader, yo.

Warren Jeffs was never the head of the same Mormon Church to which Romney belongs. Saying he was, is like saying that all followers of Protestant faiths, have to accept responsibility for what ever the Pope in Rome does and says.

This sort of misleading stuff that always come up when someone tries to defeat another candidacy over a religious BACKGROUND.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Rick Perry -
Posted: 10/14/2011 6:18:30 AM
Well skoochie the same could be said about Mosses going up the mountain and spending 40 days and 40 nights writing the 10 commandments on two tablets in which he proclaimed that god spoke to him to write those commandments down.

The gold plates were allegedly buried by the prophet, Moroni who was apart of the civilization of Nephites that came over to America from Jerusalem in 600 B.C.

Joseph Smith was a great religious scholar. What I see is how he used the bible to manipulate his own following by creating the book of Mormon pretty much like all religions leaders of faith have done. I mean really every religious faith sector regardless if its islamic faiths sectors, Christian faith sectors are all guilty of doing the same thing as Joseph Smith did in terms of displaying their way to people in why they should follow them.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 94
Rick Perry -
Posted: 10/14/2011 8:25:56 AM
ADA ~~ from your link:

Warren Steed Jeffs (born December 3, 1955) is the president of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (FLDS Church).[a] In 2011, Jeffs was convicted of two felony counts of child sexual assault.[

Point of fact: Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (FLDS Church) and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints are NOT the same church. The latter has disowned and condemned the former. The LDS church gave up the practice of polygamy in 1890 in order to gain statehood. Members with multiple wives who wished to keep them fled to Mexico in order to do so. Which would include Romney's great grandfather. All of my great grandfathers were polygamists, but agreed to stop living with the extra wives, although they supported them till their deaths.

I'm not a Mormon any longer, but truly the amount of hate and ignorance about a very benign church pains me enormously. If you think you have a Ph.D. in religion I can't imagine where you think such a degree would be awarded for such vast ignorance.

Imported_labor
Msg: 95
Rick Perry -
Posted: 10/14/2011 2:15:59 PM
And Im the one confused. Wow.
First if all, the preachers name is Dr. Robert Jeffress.

I am not confused about this subject. I just didn't catch the preacher's name when I saw the news report on tv. What I said before was that you are either confused or you deliberately try to write to confuse readers who may be unaware of the facts.
Case in point was that you can't truthfully say that the reason for the war against Afghanistan and the war against Iraq is one and the same.

Now, let's go to the topic in question now.

Rather this Bennet fellow defended Romney or not Ive no idea, but you forgot to add (by mistake, I assume) *rolls eyes* that Perry did they same

Once again you are taking liberties with the truth. If you aren't sure, then you should use your media savvy and use You Tube or the archives of C-SPAN to see for yourself if what you are saying is true or not. Perry did not criticize the preacher, right then and there, for slamming Romney in the introduction that he did for Perry. He just thanked him and said that "he knocked it out of the park." Bill Bennet was the one that called the pastor to task for attacking Romney.

After the event, the preacher who you identified as Robert Jeffress went on further slamming Romney because of his religion. Perry has been asked on several occasions to comment on the preacher's statements about Romney's religion, but he has refused to distance himself from that attack on Romney. Even today he was saying that he is not going to criticize what any of his supporters may say about other candidates.

Do you have any evidence to support your attack on my post? Just show us where and when Perry criticized Robert Jeffree's attacks on Romney. Like I said before, You Tube and C-SPAN are your friends.

First if all, the preachers name is Dr. Robert Jeffress, I know this because he is my pastor, and I am a member of his congregation

Wow! That is really helpful information. It explains a lot of what we read in your posts.
No wonder you knew all about the unleashing of the attack campaign against Romney the day before the preacher let his canon loose.

From the aftermath it seems like they pissed off a lot of people, even very conservative people within the Republican party. Today Perry's wife was complaining that they being "brutalized" by people going after Perry for his campaign's attack on Romney's religion. It looks as if the heavy caliber barraged that you announced may have backfired.

What's most startling is the fact that even the people in WSJ have started to hit Perry, not only for the fiasco with Jeffress, but also about Perry's main claim to success: his job creation record in Texas.

Here is what they have to say. The complete article is found at the link below.

In promoting his Texas job-creation record, Gov. Rick Perry often cites the success of an economic-development fund he initiated eight years ago. According to the governor's website, the Texas Enterprise Fund's $440 million in taxpayer grants has brought more than 59,000 new and promised jobs to the state.

A close look at some of its largest grants—including $50 million in 2005 to establish a Texas Institute for Genomic Medicine at Texas A&M University, Mr. Perry's alma mater—suggests the program's job claims sometimes have been inflated by counting employment gains far removed from the actual projects.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203791904576606852823058940.html
 wisguyingb
Msg: 96
Rick Perry -
Posted: 10/14/2011 2:27:45 PM
Rick Perry, Mitt Romney...They both suck.

I'll vote 3rd party (again) if Paul does not get the nomination.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Rick Perry -
Posted: 10/14/2011 2:47:40 PM
LOL Ron paul now that's funny. His chances of getting elected to anything prez is the same chances as someone getting hit by lightning twice in the same spot.
 wisguyingb
Msg: 98
Rick Perry -
Posted: 10/14/2011 3:05:57 PM
He wont get the nomination. I agree with you on that. But that does not mean I'll give my vote to some smooth talker just beacuse he has a "R" behind his name.

In my eyes a vote for the "Lesser of 2 Evils" is still a vote for Evil.

I'll go and vote for a 3rd party if I don't like what I see. Some may call it a wasted vote but I'm still voting for who I think is the best fit for the job.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 99
Rick Perry -
Posted: 10/15/2011 9:12:48 AM

Umm..you do realize that Bush's approval rate was higher when he left office than Obamas is now, right?
Do the math.

Barack Obama's Most Recent Weekly Approval Rating Average:
40%

(Oct 3-9, 2011)
http://www.gallup.com/poll/116479/barack-obama-presidential-job-approval.aspx

February 11, 2009 1:45 PM
Bush's Final Approval Rating: 22 Percent

By
CBSNews

(CBS) President Bush will leave office as one of the most unpopular departing presidents in history, according to a new CBS News/New York Times poll showing Mr. Bush's final approval rating at 22 percent.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/01/16/opinion/polls/main4728399.shtml
 cotter
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Rick Perry -
Posted: 10/15/2011 9:50:46 AM
Appears as if Perry is no longer their "Golden Boy". I'm sure that's gonna break a few hearts ...
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Rick Perry -