Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Rick Perry -      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Imported_labor
Msg: 143
Rick Perry - Page 7 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
^^^^^^ Oh, yes! He should be kicked out now!

The guy is really embarassing the once proud state of Texas. I have a feeling that if he runs for re-election as governor of Texas he will voted out by the Texas Republicans in the primary election.

In an interview with a newspaper in Iowa he wanted to rant against the Supreme Court because of the War on Christmas, but again his brain froze and he didn't remember the name of the SC justice that he wanted to rant against ("not Montemayor" ???????) then he added that there are 8 justices in the Supreme Court.

I have to feel compassion for the guy because Alzheimer disease is devastating. He needs medical help and political advice now.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 144
Rick Perry -
Posted: 12/19/2011 5:11:23 PM
14-Year-Old Bisexual Girl Confronts Perry on Gays in the Military... He Calls Homosexuality a Sin

"Hate the sin, love the sinner" is a pretty standard (cliche) "charitable Christian" way to backhand-dis gays, and Rick Perry is apparently not above the statement. Last night in Iowa, during a campaign stop, a 14-year-old, out bisexual girl asked Perry why he is opposed to gays in the military. She was very measured and professional when asking the question, and Perry responded in kind... sort of.

Watch the video

http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/article/750628/14-year-old_bisexual_girl_confronts_perry_on_gays_in_the_military..._he_calls_homosexuality_a_sin/
 VGLGuySksFun
Msg: 145
Rick Perry -
Posted: 12/22/2011 7:55:21 AM
"War on religion?"

Mr Perry is really referring to his perceived "War on Christianity."

Obama is upholding the Constitution of the United States... as he has sworn to do as President of the United States... something that Mr. Perry obviously would not do if given the chance.

Why do Christians in the United States believe that their religion should be a part of the government and law?
Moral and ethical behavior guide the vast majority of people regardless of their religion so I really don't understand this overwhelming drive by Christians to try to enforce their beliefs or the promotion of their beliefs onto others.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Rick Perry -
Posted: 12/22/2011 12:33:58 PM
Why do Christians in the United States believe that their religion should be a part of the government and law?

Because of this little tid bit in the constitution

"Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven".

In many Christians minds they think that the constitution was based on their Christian faith, even though that's the only time a religious figure name was ever mentioned in the constitution by date and not the constituion itself, but back then everyone said Lord so even that's debatable in rather or not it was just a figure or speach or an actual reference of god himself.

Many of these same people also think the right to Bare arms means the right to have a gun in general when that too was also taken out of contents. The right to bare arms was in reference to the revolutionary war during the British invasion and not in general. So unless the British otr any other country is planning an invasion then that's the only time Americans have a true right to bare arms. lol
 Imported_labor
Msg: 147
Rick Perry -
Posted: 1/4/2012 7:09:12 AM
Perry has gone back to Texas to re-assess his campaign. Even the Evangelicals figured out that Perry was all hat and no brains, so they threw their support in favor of Santorum.
 Imported_labor
Msg: 148
Rick Perry -
Posted: 1/4/2012 7:13:07 AM
Hopefully he will get sound advice and withdraw soon. The Republicans need fewer distractions in the search for a nominee that can mount a serious campaign.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 149
Rick Perry -
Posted: 1/4/2012 7:19:31 AM

: Perry has gone back to Texas to re-assess his campaign. Even the Evangelicals figured out that Perry was all hat and no brains, so they threw their support in favor of Santorum.

What is the over under on what date he signs to be a pundit on Fox?
 Imported_labor
Msg: 150
Rick Perry -
Posted: 1/4/2012 7:52:13 AM
^^^^^^ I don't know about those odds, but my guess is that Fox would be gambling big time taking into account the speaking impediments due to short time memory demonstrated by the governor during the debates and interviews. My other guess is that he could use the teleprompters that all the other talking heads use in the Fox programs. Do you think that he would be able to read the scripts?
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 151
Rick Perry -
Posted: 1/4/2012 7:58:29 AM
Not sure, but I can only hope he wears that fabulous jacket of his on TV, though I do wonder how he will reconcile with his invisible sky wizard seeing as it was that dude that told him he should run.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 152
Rick Perry -
Posted: 1/4/2012 1:23:54 PM
he is back:

Rick Perry tweets that he's still in the GOP hunt

By Chris Tomlinson, Associated Press / January 4, 2012

A determined Rick Perry said Wednesday he will not abandon his presidential campaign despite a fifth-place finish in the Iowa caucuses.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry tweets that he's still running as his campaign shifts to South Carolina. Rick Perry also posted a photo of himself in running gear.

"And the next leg of the marathon is the Palmetto State. ... Here we come South Carolina!!!," the Texas governor wrote on his Twitter account.

Perry, an avid runner, attached a photo of himself jogging near a lake, wearing a Texas A&M running shorts and showing a thumbs-up.

Phone messages left with his campaign were not immediately returned Wednesday.

IN PICTURES: Rick Perry

After winning 10 percent of the vote in Iowa on Tuesday, Perry said he would return to Texas "to determine whether there is a path forward" for his White House bid.

After entering the race in August to great fanfare, he nosedived, plagued by missteps most notably in debates. He had planned to make South Carolina his final stand, but put events in that state on hold Wednesday while he headed back to the Texas capital.

Perry's national political director told campaign workers early Wednesday that the governor was reviewing his organizational and financial resources, and assessing the political landscape in South Carolina and beyond. South Carolina's primary is Jan. 21. The next contest in the race for the GOP nomination is Jan. 10 in New Hampshire.

The photo of Perry after what appears to have been a jog in cold weather was decidedly defiant compared to the emotional speech he gave in Iowa. In his remarks, Perry told supporters that he appreciated their work but needed to consider whether there was a viable strategy for him to restart his campaign in South Carolina.

"With the voters' decision tonight in Iowa, I decided to return to Texas, assess the results of tonight's caucus, determine whether there is a path forward for myself in this race," Perry said, his family standing behind him.

Before Perry spoke, his advisers tried to paint the first contest in the South as the real start to his strategy and braced for a lackluster performance in the Iowa caucuses, which typically winnows the field of presidential hopefuls
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 153
Rick Perry -
Posted: 1/4/2012 4:12:41 PM
^^^
Perry/Palin 2012.

Because we ain't reached the critical mass of stupid yet.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Rick Perry -
Posted: 1/4/2012 11:11:28 PM
I think once he saw Bachmann out of the race he changed his mind and decided to stay in and capture whatever she left behind. The biggest threat to Perry is Santorum. At this point and time the only chance Perry has to make any sort of comeback in is to win South Carolina. It's pretty much win or go home from there on out. Perry needs to forget about New Hampshire where he has no shot and go right to South Carolina. Unlike Santorum he has the resources to actually do something in South Carolina. South Carolina is way up in the air at this point and will be the last stand for many nominees still in the GOP race. Perry has to go after Santorum to try to capture those Christian conservative votes that Santorum has now. Then if he some how he wins South Carolina, that will pretty much end Newt and prob Santorum's run along with Huntsman, which will then make it a 3 man race between him, Paul and Romney. If that is the case since i don't see Paul really doing much of anything but staying in for the sake of PR purposes until the end, then Perry needs to go to Florida and throw the kitchen sink at Romney.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 155
Rick Perry -
Posted: 1/5/2012 8:55:44 AM
^^^
Steel, are you about ready to admit that none of the GOP candidates are worth a fart in a windstorm?
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Rick Perry -
Posted: 1/5/2012 1:01:38 PM
Whenever you are ready to admit Obama isn't worth a fart in a windstorm then i'll admit it.
 trinity818
Msg: 157
Rick Perry -
Posted: 1/6/2012 3:43:09 PM
Ok, Steel....well here you go: Msg 160

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/12967356datingPostpage7.aspx

Honestly C? As an independant, I can't see ANYONE (that include you, Obama) worth a damn. Not a single statesman among them, and the mroe we find out about them, the worse they get.

When they are seriously considering the likes of Trump and Gingrich, you know they got nothing.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 158
Rick Perry -
Posted: 1/6/2012 7:13:33 PM
Thank you Trinity.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Rick Perry -
Posted: 1/7/2012 10:37:55 AM
Well trinity while i'll admit the two guys mentioned aren't worth a damn, that still doesn't negate the fact that I think Obama is worth a damn either.

Imported_labor
Msg: 160
Rick Perry -
Posted: 1/19/2012 9:29:40 AM
Rick Perry is going back to Texas, he announced today. He also said that he is endorsing Newt Gingrich. I am wondering what kind of rift will develop in Texas between him and the fundamentalist evangelicals in Texas, who just last weekend announced their support for Rick Santorum.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 161
Rick Perry -
Posted: 1/19/2012 10:43:57 AM
^^^After seeing the absolute cluster F he made in his comments about Turkey, we're all better off if he goes back and disappears.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Rick Perry -
Posted: 1/19/2012 7:28:02 PM
Won't happen he stayed in this long to prep himself for another run if a rep doesn't win the nominee for 2016. That's all NH and SC was for Perry was a pratice run. He'll be back, you haven't seen the last of Perry.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 163
Rick Perry -
Posted: 1/19/2012 9:34:02 PM
^^^ What a horrible thought Steel.

The man is a mouthbreathing idiot. He should have never been let out of the state.
 where4
Msg: 164
Rick Perry -
Posted: 3/20/2012 11:45:56 PM
"mouthbreathing idiot" -- well-said! He's not gotten any better since dropping out of the presidential race. It's just that his despicable antics now catch more attention:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/she-the-people/post/women-set-rick-perrys-facebook-page-on-fire/2012/03/19/gIQALJgIPS_blog.html?tid=pm_politics_pop
Posted at 09:14 AM ET, 03/20/2012
Women set Rick Perry's Facebook page on fire
By Lori Stahl

DALLAS — It’s no secret that Gov. Rick Perry never stopped campaigning against President Obama, even after high-tailing it back to Texas after a less-than-stellar presidential run.

The governor’s been dishing it out on voter ID and abortion while surrounded by mostly like-minded folk in the red state Texas. Until this week, that is. Now Perry’s Facebook page is drawing thousands of comments pointedly taking him to task for cutting off federal funds for women’s health programs because some clinics are operated by Planned Parenthood.

Many of the comments are from women facetiously seeking advice on their menstrual periods, since he’s styled himself as an expert on women’s health.

“I would like your opinion since I can’t make medical decisions myself being a woman and all,’’ one woman wrote on Perry’s Facebook wall.

“Since you know so much about my healthcare, I was wondering if you could tell me how to handle my period since it is very heavy 4 days out of every month. What is the best product so I can have a productive day during these times or do you think I should just stay at home and call in sick or better yet quite my job since I can’t make my own decisions maybe I shouldn’t be working. What is your medical position on this issue?’’

The mocking comments signal considerable frustration over the Perry’s highly visible role in cutting off federal Medicaid money for the Texas Women’s Health Program.

Although Texas has previously accepted $31 million per year in federal funds for the program, Perry and state Republican lawmakers said they can no longer abide that money flowing through Planned Parenthood clinics in Texas, even though participating clinics don’t provide abortions.

The battle over the Texas Women’s Health program, which provides cancer screenings, pap smears, hormone patches, birth control and other basic services to more than 130,000 low-income women, has played out like a gunfight in a spaghetti western.

State officials warned that they would stop accepting money from the federal government unless they could cut off funding for Planned Parenthood clinics.

Federal officials warned that selectively cutting out certain clinics would jeopardize funding. Texas did it anyway. The federal government halted the money. Perry said Texas would pick up the slack so services will continue, but he didn’t say how, particularly as the state faces another looming budget crisis.

And on Friday, Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott sued the federal government over the issue, with Perry’s blessing.

“This is about life and the rule of law, which Texas respects and the Obama Administration does not,’’ Perry said in a statement last week.

Previously, Perry has said the federal government is intruding on the state’s rights, sounding very much like Perry the presidential candidate.

“It is the height of political posturing for the Obama Administration to put the interests of abortion providers and their affiliates, like Planned Parenthood, over the well-being of more than 100,000 low-income Texas women,’’ Perry said in a statement last week.

As of Monday afternoon, more than 4,000 comments were posted on Perry’s Facebook wall.

The backlash, such as it is, is expected to continue Tuesday, as protesters take to the streets outside the Capitol in Austin for the third week in a row. Clad in red clothes, the protestors have said they’re “seeing red” over the fate of the women’s health program.

Lori Stahl is a Texas journalist who covers politics. Follow her on Twitter at @LoriStahl.

Sadly, Perry has plenty of company. For example, Republican-controlled Pennsylvania, under Republican Gov. Tom Corbett, has now joined the states with a new Voter ID law. And they're either working on or just passed an ultrasound bill for any woman seeking an abortion, joining the control-women-neanderthals on this issue, too. Corbett says the woman can always close her eyes so doesn't have to see the ultrasound monitor which the law dictates MUST face her.

America, WAKE UP to what this Republican party has done and continues to do! And THEY keep yelling about personal liberty and rights! HA!!!!!!!!!!!!! The reasonable people had better shrug off their apathy and get to the polls in November to turn back this tide! We're headed back to the Middle Ages and not just in Texas!

Hawaiianluau
Msg: 165
Rick Perry -
Posted: 8/25/2014 2:06:39 PM

Her office busted Tom Delay for being corrupt. Now, she will get Rick Perry sent to jail.

Where did Delay do time? Oh thaaaaat's riiiiight. The ENTIRE case got thrown out of court. Gotta love those left tactics though.
 blartfast
Msg: 166
Rick Perry -
Posted: 8/26/2014 2:15:45 AM
Where did Delay do time? Oh thaaaaat's riiiiight. The ENTIRE case got thrown out of court. Gotta love those left tactics though.

And, interestingly, the outcome is not what that comment suggests either. It seems this is as overplayed as it accuses the original post of being.

In fact the case was NEVER "thrown out of court". It STAYED in court all the way up to appeals, which is where it STILL IS and will be until at least next year.

Yeah, definitely gotta love those tactics, especially when using the same tactic. Seems it isn't exclusively "left".
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 167
Rick Perry -
Posted: 8/26/2014 5:00:05 AM

The Delay case was thrown out of court? Buttt...

In fact the case was NEVER "thrown out of court". It STAYED in court all the way up to appeals, which is where it STILL IS and will be until at least next year.

Seems as though the pot has called the kettle black on this one, because Tom Delay's case is still in court under review and won't be decided until 2015.

Which is one of the scenario's that Rick Perry can expect...indictment, trial, appeals, more appeals....it seems as though Perry is in for a long ride on this one-well past 2016.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Rick Perry -