Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Rick Perry -      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Imported_labor
Msg: 160
Rick Perry - Page 8 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Rick Perry is going back to Texas, he announced today. He also said that he is endorsing Newt Gingrich. I am wondering what kind of rift will develop in Texas between him and the fundamentalist evangelicals in Texas, who just last weekend announced their support for Rick Santorum.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 161
Rick Perry -
Posted: 1/19/2012 10:43:57 AM
^^^After seeing the absolute cluster F he made in his comments about Turkey, we're all better off if he goes back and disappears.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Rick Perry -
Posted: 1/19/2012 7:28:02 PM
Won't happen he stayed in this long to prep himself for another run if a rep doesn't win the nominee for 2016. That's all NH and SC was for Perry was a pratice run. He'll be back, you haven't seen the last of Perry.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 163
Rick Perry -
Posted: 1/19/2012 9:34:02 PM
^^^ What a horrible thought Steel.

The man is a mouthbreathing idiot. He should have never been let out of the state.
 where4
Msg: 164
Rick Perry -
Posted: 3/20/2012 11:45:56 PM
"mouthbreathing idiot" -- well-said! He's not gotten any better since dropping out of the presidential race. It's just that his despicable antics now catch more attention:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/she-the-people/post/women-set-rick-perrys-facebook-page-on-fire/2012/03/19/gIQALJgIPS_blog.html?tid=pm_politics_pop
Posted at 09:14 AM ET, 03/20/2012
Women set Rick Perry's Facebook page on fire
By Lori Stahl

DALLAS — It’s no secret that Gov. Rick Perry never stopped campaigning against President Obama, even after high-tailing it back to Texas after a less-than-stellar presidential run.

The governor’s been dishing it out on voter ID and abortion while surrounded by mostly like-minded folk in the red state Texas. Until this week, that is. Now Perry’s Facebook page is drawing thousands of comments pointedly taking him to task for cutting off federal funds for women’s health programs because some clinics are operated by Planned Parenthood.

Many of the comments are from women facetiously seeking advice on their menstrual periods, since he’s styled himself as an expert on women’s health.

“I would like your opinion since I can’t make medical decisions myself being a woman and all,’’ one woman wrote on Perry’s Facebook wall.

“Since you know so much about my healthcare, I was wondering if you could tell me how to handle my period since it is very heavy 4 days out of every month. What is the best product so I can have a productive day during these times or do you think I should just stay at home and call in sick or better yet quite my job since I can’t make my own decisions maybe I shouldn’t be working. What is your medical position on this issue?’’

The mocking comments signal considerable frustration over the Perry’s highly visible role in cutting off federal Medicaid money for the Texas Women’s Health Program.

Although Texas has previously accepted $31 million per year in federal funds for the program, Perry and state Republican lawmakers said they can no longer abide that money flowing through Planned Parenthood clinics in Texas, even though participating clinics don’t provide abortions.

The battle over the Texas Women’s Health program, which provides cancer screenings, pap smears, hormone patches, birth control and other basic services to more than 130,000 low-income women, has played out like a gunfight in a spaghetti western.

State officials warned that they would stop accepting money from the federal government unless they could cut off funding for Planned Parenthood clinics.

Federal officials warned that selectively cutting out certain clinics would jeopardize funding. Texas did it anyway. The federal government halted the money. Perry said Texas would pick up the slack so services will continue, but he didn’t say how, particularly as the state faces another looming budget crisis.

And on Friday, Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott sued the federal government over the issue, with Perry’s blessing.

“This is about life and the rule of law, which Texas respects and the Obama Administration does not,’’ Perry said in a statement last week.

Previously, Perry has said the federal government is intruding on the state’s rights, sounding very much like Perry the presidential candidate.

“It is the height of political posturing for the Obama Administration to put the interests of abortion providers and their affiliates, like Planned Parenthood, over the well-being of more than 100,000 low-income Texas women,’’ Perry said in a statement last week.

As of Monday afternoon, more than 4,000 comments were posted on Perry’s Facebook wall.

The backlash, such as it is, is expected to continue Tuesday, as protesters take to the streets outside the Capitol in Austin for the third week in a row. Clad in red clothes, the protestors have said they’re “seeing red” over the fate of the women’s health program.

Lori Stahl is a Texas journalist who covers politics. Follow her on Twitter at @LoriStahl.

Sadly, Perry has plenty of company. For example, Republican-controlled Pennsylvania, under Republican Gov. Tom Corbett, has now joined the states with a new Voter ID law. And they're either working on or just passed an ultrasound bill for any woman seeking an abortion, joining the control-women-neanderthals on this issue, too. Corbett says the woman can always close her eyes so doesn't have to see the ultrasound monitor which the law dictates MUST face her.

America, WAKE UP to what this Republican party has done and continues to do! And THEY keep yelling about personal liberty and rights! HA!!!!!!!!!!!!! The reasonable people had better shrug off their apathy and get to the polls in November to turn back this tide! We're headed back to the Middle Ages and not just in Texas!

Hawaiianluau
Msg: 165
Rick Perry -
Posted: 8/25/2014 2:06:39 PM

Her office busted Tom Delay for being corrupt. Now, she will get Rick Perry sent to jail.

Where did Delay do time? Oh thaaaaat's riiiiight. The ENTIRE case got thrown out of court. Gotta love those left tactics though.
 blartfast
Msg: 166
Rick Perry -
Posted: 8/26/2014 2:15:45 AM
Where did Delay do time? Oh thaaaaat's riiiiight. The ENTIRE case got thrown out of court. Gotta love those left tactics though.

And, interestingly, the outcome is not what that comment suggests either. It seems this is as overplayed as it accuses the original post of being.

In fact the case was NEVER "thrown out of court". It STAYED in court all the way up to appeals, which is where it STILL IS and will be until at least next year.

Yeah, definitely gotta love those tactics, especially when using the same tactic. Seems it isn't exclusively "left".
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 167
Rick Perry -
Posted: 8/26/2014 5:00:05 AM

The Delay case was thrown out of court? Buttt...

In fact the case was NEVER "thrown out of court". It STAYED in court all the way up to appeals, which is where it STILL IS and will be until at least next year.

Seems as though the pot has called the kettle black on this one, because Tom Delay's case is still in court under review and won't be decided until 2015.

Which is one of the scenario's that Rick Perry can expect...indictment, trial, appeals, more appeals....it seems as though Perry is in for a long ride on this one-well past 2016.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Rick Perry -