Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Help! When is it most appropriate to add someone to my favorites lis      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hemingway234
Msg: 48
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Help! When is it most appropriate to add someone to my favorites list?
Posted: 2/10/2017 2:36:43 PM
browneyesboo

Favourites list means nothing much except you have been bookmarked for possible interest. the guys dont contact you, it means nothing.

I am curious, do many men in their late middle age or some would say even getting old, make contact with you on these kind of dating sites? How many could actually "come to the party" I wonder lol!!
 Nestaron
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/10/2017 9:33:22 PM
I dont know much about those things I dont care to read them or their purpose I think their stupid. We talk set up date if goes good make future arrangements goes bad next everything else what the hell.
 LucilleDixon
Msg: 51
Posted: 2/23/2017 6:27:59 PM
That list tickles me because it's sometimes people that can't message that are adding me as a favorite. Anyone outside of the ages of 30-39 can't send me messages but last night I noticed a 27 yo saved me as a favorite after I viewed his profile. I just looked and went on about my business. I just saw it as him going around my parameters thinking that I would message him.

Not interested, though so it was useless for him to add me as a favorite.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 52
Posted: 2/25/2017 12:59:25 PM
Over 22 THOUSAND views to this thread now...with just 56 responses is telling (in more ways than one) about this site. Or at least for a large portion of Forum contributors.

What if this site came with an Owner's Manual? How many folks would even bother?
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/2/2018 2:30:47 AM
It's annoying, especially when the same person does it several times or has a backup account to favorite you again. Interest should be mutual. And, as far as my knowledge - every browser has the capability to save the page as a bookmark - that way it's not intrusive and doesn't tell someone that someone has formed some lame list of potentials.

A first impression is a lasting one. If someone is truly interested, they'll take a minute to skim someone's profile and send a short message versus making a blatant list of favorites and even just assuming that whoever they've stuck on their list is even interested in them in the first place.

99.9% of the people that go around favoriting profiles typically aren't high on the desirable list, so it's better IMO for them to try to take a chance and shoot their shot with whomever versus coming off lame by favoriting. Favoriting should be mutual and it comes off better once there's a level of mutual interest.
 hey_suze
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2018 2:50:39 AM
I don’t put anyone in my favourites, I don’t see the point, either I’m chatting to them, or I’m not, and I tidy up who favoured me regularly, but it does get a tiny bit annoying when I take someone off, and he puts himself back time after time.
 julystorm7
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/2/2018 7:56:49 AM
I find Meet Me useless because half the people I put yes for I end up disliking them when I read their profiles. If I like a guy I will favourite him. I never message a guy first because if he doesn't want to talk to a woman with kids or who is overweight, I want to save him telling me that (tried messaging guys when I first came on and after getting those kind of replies I decided to let men send the initial message). I've also had guys favourite me and a couple of them who I liked I messaged first. Its like IRL when you are looking across someone in a room and trying to gage whether they look interested or not.

I wish instead of favourites, there was an option that asks if you read and liked a person's profile. Too often I'll get messages from guys who have seen I checked yes on Meet Me but then I didn't want to meet them after reading their profile.
 Nyeahsers
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/2/2018 8:07:00 AM
I click on a person's profile, check it out, and then back click. Their face comes up again within five people, at which point, I can hit the green or the red according to how I felt about their profile.
 spot4username
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2018 4:31:03 AM
I always ignored the "favorite" portion of my profile.

I do remember back in the day when a person's number showed on their profile. There were SO many threads about how many favorites a person had. People (esp men) would put in their profiles that they weren't interested if you had *arbitrary number* of people favoriting you. It was ridiculous.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2018 2:10:56 PM

I don’t put anyone in my favourites, I don’t see the point, either I’m chatting to them, or I’m not

You don't have to take yourself off Their favorites-list. That's just an option to send them the "hint" without sending them a message. I agree That part is / can be a waste of time...

... but as stated a few messages up, all Favorites is, is a Bookmark, like in your browser. It just lets the other person know they were bookmarked.

IMO, it's good for Girls to do, as they aren't fans of sending the 1st message. They bookmark a guy they like, then he knowingly gets an email that he was bookmarked. It's a lot easier than writing someone. :)
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2018 12:35:13 PM

When is it most appropriate to add someone to my favorites list?

Anytime you see a profile that you like.
 hey_suze
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2018 2:09:14 PM
I agree adding them as a favourite let’s them know you like the look of them, but Iv found just viewing their profile is enough for them to view mine and send the message if they are interested :)
 julystorm7
Msg: 61
Posted: 4/5/2018 3:07:58 PM
But how do they or you for that matter know that you actually liked what you read in the profile? I wish it was possible to click like or dislike on a profile after you read it. That's what I use the Favoriting option for. If I like a profile I favourite it.
 hey_suze
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2018 4:43:06 AM
Hey July
We hear often that blokes send a zillion messages do we not..
If you view someone, no, they may not know if you like them, but they will send a message if they like the look of you, after all, what is one more messsge, and the odds have just gone up for them as you must of seen something in them to take a peek.
I say keep peeking, certainly if your not comfortable sending first messages...🧐
 Nyeahsers
Msg: 63
Posted: 4/8/2018 9:26:58 AM
MSG 66
But how do they or you for that matter know that you actually liked what you read in the profile? I wish it was possible to click like or dislike on a profile after you read it. That's what I use the Favoriting option for. If I like a profile I favourite it.

MSG 61
I click on a person's profile, check it out, and then back click. Their face comes up again within five people, at which point, I can hit the green or the red according to how I felt about their profile.
 feirene
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2018 4:57:14 AM
I message guys who favourite me if i think they are what i'm looking for.
I don't care that this topic is old.
 BoatSkipperSteve
Msg: 65
Posted: 4/26/2018 8:18:38 PM
Meet me is a joke. Never once have I messaged a girl who said yes and received a reply other than that she made a mistake. How sick. If they are offended by using the favorites list as a way of keeping track of ones I might want to message but lacked time and inspiration when adding them, they should message me and say why. If they click yes on meet me, they should follow up with an appropriate message like "I just clicked yes. Nice boat you have there. I see you've never been married and would like to be your one and only first mate. Lets navigate from open water to lovers lane and synchronize hubs where the rubber meets the road to put the icing on the cake!!
 jco415
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/18/2018 7:11:29 PM

It's just bookmarking.

Yep, that's kinda how I use it...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Help! When is it most appropriate to add someone to my favorites list?