Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mooondoggie
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Automatic rebilling at POF - please help!Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
That would me. You did renew me without authorization. So what are you saying then? Please take action asap and credit a refund.
 gingerosity
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Automatic rebilling at POF - please help!
Posted: 5/30/2015 2:38:44 PM

So did anyone ever find this link on the account page?

Did you try here? - http://www.pof.com/accountstatus.aspx
 JPMinClearwater
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2015 6:06:47 PM
Click on Help at the top of the page
Look at the categories on the left hand side of the page - the very last one you will see is "Upgraded Memberships" Click on it

The very last question in that section reads:
I have questions about my upgrade. What should I do?
Please find more information about your current upgrade here.

Click on the word 'here'

Look at the left hand side of the page......you will see an option that reads:
Click here to let your upgrade expire.

Click on it.

You're done.

I've seen this question asked multiple times so I decided to investigate since I paid for an upgrade......it took me about 2 minutes to figure it out.
 Mr_J_Cash
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/2/2015 2:00:43 AM
Your account shows as being created over a year ago and it is obviously still active otherwise, you could not post to the forums. So it is not deleted as you state.

The opt-out of rebilling is outlined in the Term of Service you agreed to when you signed up for the paid service.

Nobody from the POF staff read the forums let alone reply or respond. Hell, even the volunteer forum moderators all abandoned ship a year ago.

If you followed the proper opt-out process and you continued to get billed and do not get a reply from POF contact your card issuer and dispute the charges. Keep copies of any and all correspondences with POF.

Good luck.
 PaulF71
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/7/2017 1:25:36 PM
Here are instructions to discontinue automatic renewal of your POF Upgrade in Paypal.

- Click on the cog wheel to access your profile
- Click on "Pre-approved payments"
- Click on "Plentyoffish Media Inc" under the merchant column
- Click "cancel" (it will be above the payment details)
- Confirm you wish to cancel by clicking "Cancel Profile". The page should refresh and confirm the cancellation.
 lovetheindoors
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2017 12:27:23 PM
On the POF page, there is first a horizontal black ribbon that says "My Tokens" "My Profile" "Edit Profile" "Help" "Logout".

The next horizontal ribbon across the page is blue that says "Inbox" "Meet Me" Search" "Online" "Chemistry" "Account". That's where the account is. Select ACCOUNT.

Under account, it has "Your POF Membership". Just under that to the left is a box labeled "Subscription Details" with a gold star in front of it. In that box it tells you your "Subscription Status" and when it ends. It then gives you an option to "extend your upgrade ". In the bottom part of the box, it says "√ We will continue your subscription." In blue letters under that, it says "Click here to let your upgrade expire". When you click that, it changes to say "We will NOT continue your subscription."

It really is pretty simple. Reading this thread before I did it, I was getting upset. Once I did it, it was a piece of cake. I hope this helps. I'm not renewing which is how I found this thread.
 tonystuartmattsy
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2017 4:44:46 PM
I ve tryed to set up an account and it as taken £30 off me how do get it back
 yihoo8
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2018 11:19:00 PM
I have same problem.So bad
 Kelley300698
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/1/2018 8:10:39 AM

you should be able to contact your credit card provider and explain to them that you cancelled and they should stop the payments for you. i have done that when i was being billed automatic on other issues

That should work or else tell them to reverse charges. When it's your money POF will take days, if they respond at all. However, when it's their money (for example, they couldn't collect), POF's response is immediate.

It is all about money. POF will mislead or confuse to get more money.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  >