Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > DATING OVER 60      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 151
DATING OVER 60Page 7 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
"Mustang, men shouldn't have defeatist attitudes"

>>>why not? we're human, too. I mean, I get its nice if we don't have defeatist attitudes. But, our patriarchial society doesn't automatically make things easier on us, either. Or is there another reason we shouldn't have defeatist attitudes?

At first, I thought Piggie's "friend" was a victim of reality TV shows lately (say, American Pickers) where the hosts are buying ridiculously low to resell things for a profit. I mean, there's always been cheap bastids, but it seems like with these shows' popularity, there's more low bidding going on. The "Friend" has benefited before from the "brother in law price" from Pigster, but he was asking for firesale prices. It sounded like there was more to it, and yeah, I get the whole, "hey bud, you need to live the way I do, so you can suffer like I do" attitude from other people. I had a few vets tell me I absolutely needed to join the armed forces to get some responsibility (before they even heard I moved out of my parents' house at 18, had no roomates, and figured out how not to be broke and ready to move back in--ie, I think I figured out the responsibility part already).

I give ya credit for being friends with miserable bastids since age 9. They get on my nerves real quick. well, unless they are female with a great rack. then I guess I can overlook it. well, maybe not even that. when it happens, i'll know for sure.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 152
view profile
History
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 11/20/2017 4:48:19 PM
He's just as bad as a drug pusher, pushing marriage. Marriage and kids are not for everyone.

Lol@Mustang! Good for you for being able to stand up against the rack.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 153
view profile
History
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 11/20/2017 6:48:43 PM

Women are everywhere when you go out,

We know that.

Tell us something we don't know.

Like which ones are down to earth.

Like which ones are not going to be stuck up or suspicious.

Like which ones make good decisions for themselves and don't end up with a "Dirty John":

"latimes.com/dirtyjohn"

DATING OVER 60

In other news, Charles Manson is off the market.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 154
view profile
History
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 11/20/2017 10:37:23 PM
You can never know when someone is going to turn on you. You can never know when you're seeing all aspects of a person. People divorce after 30-40 years of marriage, so maybe you can't say it was successful until your partner dies, meaning they stayed with you until the end. So to answer your question, you can never know. Relationships require a leap of faith.

Where's the end of the Dirty John story?

I heard about Charley. I guess I'll have to look for someone else, maybe Richard Ramirez. He's tall with good hair
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 155
view profile
History
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 11/21/2017 12:21:25 AM

I even offered to knock $30.00 off the price I was listing it for, and he wanted no part of that, either. I also worked on and set up his guitars for a fee of $10.00 no matter how big the issues were. He literally saved hundreds of dollars over the course of time by not having to go to a music store and pay a luthier.

Yeah, I'd be WTF about him on that. If I explained it to him in a way to make a thick-headed guy + being cool & friendly, and he was still pissed -- yeah, no doubt he's got some issues about me... or just indirectly due to his life being sh!tty, if that's the case (jealousy).

He always thought I needed to do the "married with children" thing to learn about "responsibility".

That plus divorce hitting him -- it's more like "misery loves company". Some people do get jealous of those single w/o kids. Even when they have a legit feeling that their situation with kids is "the way" in a positive way in their mind -- they see being single w/o kids when 30-35+ as being someone who hasn't "grown up yet". But when scoffing or mini-lecturing about it -- it's jealousy underneath (unless parents wanting grandkids).
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 156
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 11/21/2017 5:23:20 AM

You can never know when someone is going to turn on you.

Yes, and the idiot friend I mentioned above wasn't the only one. I also had a long time female friend (no, not a friend with benefits) turn on me, as well.

The reason - I said a member of one of her daughter's favorite bands looked like a girl. This got me accused of being a homophobe and every other hypersensitive liberal buzzword you can imagine. I know she was probably waiting for me to go crawling to her with an apology and asking for forgiveness, but that most certainly did not happen.
 ohenryx
Msg: 157
view profile
History
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 11/21/2017 7:48:02 AM

gtomustang
I give ya credit for being friends with miserable bastids since age 9. They get on my nerves real quick. well, unless they are female with a great rack. then I guess I can overlook it. well, maybe not even that. when it happens, i'll know for sure.

NewYorker58
Lol@Mustang! Good for you for being able to stand up against the rack.

Neh, I call BS on that one. Throw in a pretty face to go with that “great rack”, and he’ll fold like a paper napkin under a 10 lb weight!

Yesterday, I was walking downtown and I met two women walking together, coming towards me and passing on the sidewalk. It was a beautiful day, sunshine, low humidity, high about 68, everyone was in a good mood and smiling and enjoying the weather. One of the women had a fantastic rack, truly fantastic, and they were in what I call a “soft bra”, allowed to bounce and swing. I was enjoying the show, and just as we passed, I looked up, caught her eyes, and mimed the word “WoW!”.

She smiled. She tried not to, I could tell, but the beautiful weather, the good mood of everyone on the street, and a man (even a Dirty Old Man) admiring what she was putting out there to be admired – yeah, she smiled.

I love moments like that.
 gtomustang
Msg: 158
the torture rack
Posted: 11/21/2017 3:38:50 PM
" I said a member of one of her daughter's favorite bands looked like a girl. This got me accused "

>>>sacred cow, meet sharp knife. Not entirely shocked by reaction. Hope its the only sign of sentimentality on friend's part :)

"throw in a pretty face to go along with that "amazing rack"

>>>when the weather approaches winter temps, and suddenly there is a day that feels like spring (We just had one today, took the 4-4-2 out to move the fluids around, that was my moment to love today), then a few people do feel "sprung", and flirty. TBH, after a few months of being bound up in winter jackets, if someone with a fine form and a lousy attitude wanted something from me...and that thing cost me nothing...I might enjoy the moment. Otherwise I may think with the big head and realize the world is full of women (as someone recently posted).

mid summer, it might be even easier to not put up with annoying people, b/c there's so many other choices running around in shorts and t shirts and having better attitudes. But i'm cynical, I've helped enough people to know what i'm getting and not getting in return. Back at university, I knew a miserable bastid like the one Pigsty mentioned, but I could get something material out of our interactions in return, so it was tolerable (like the GTO I named myself after). Shoot, I can be as mercenary as the rest :)
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 159
view profile
History
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 11/21/2017 4:03:32 PM

Where's the end of the Dirty John story?

It was a 6 part story in the daily paper, so there are 6 tabs (The Real Thing, Newlyweds, etc.) on 1 line right under the initial picture, with each day's story part, so just click on each one as you finish that day's story part.

A textbook cautionary tale everyone who uses online dating should read.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 160
view profile
History
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 11/21/2017 8:01:48 PM
Pig, she doesn't sound like a friend. If she is, she has to be the most annoying person to be around, like the other obnoxious libs.

Henry, I didn't believe him for a second (Mustang). I could see him doing a face-plant with a utility pole if he saw a good looking rack going by, pretty face not necessary, lol.

Fullmoon, that Dirty John series really aggravated me. It's like watching Dr. Phil when he's got men or women on that have been scammed from online dating. I have to think that there is something wrong in the minds of these people that when faced with reality, they still refuse to believe what is in front of them.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 161
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 11/21/2017 11:07:55 PM
She wasn't like that before. Her transformation began in 2016 just as all the election hype was picking up.

I'm not apologizing for jack shit. If there's one thing I'm sick of, it's pussified men who will drop to their knees when a woman pulls the "I'm offended" card over nothing. The guy looked like a girl. Period. I acknowledged a fact, and if she or anyone else doesn't like it, tough shit. I can live without their friendship.

It's too bad, though. Because I got along very well with her entire family and was invited to their holiday parties every year.
 gtomustang
Msg: 162
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 11/22/2017 6:31:28 AM
there's an old Oriental saying, about the young sapling that bends in the storm versus the mighty oak that stands fast against the wind and breaks. In the west, we merely talk about cutting off noses to spite faces. If you'd like to pursue the notion you are the dude in the right, and pay the cost, then i'm sure you've weighed the pros and the cons and made the right decision. People around our age tend to slough off a lot of the superficial friends they had growing up, as they realize who and what they are, and whether other people fit into that or not. That's why I posted before about how as we get older, we might date less, b/c we realize who should be in our lives, and who's just a drag.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 163
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 11/22/2017 7:16:02 AM
Some might call it egotistical, but my opinion of myself means more to me than a friendship. Had I caved in and apologized, I would have never forgiven myself.

She has simply fallen victim to the idiotic mindset that plagues society today, which is "I disagree" is synonymous with "that's offensive". They expect groveling, apologizing, and punishments to be handed out. That's just not going to happen with me.

What really made the whole thing funny was, she informed me that the guy no longer looked like a girl because he had recently cut his hair and stopped wearing makeup. (the picture I saw was an old one, apparently)

I said to her - "wait a minute, didn't YOU just acknowledge he looked like a girl??"

She responded with "I'm not arguing about this anymore with you." Imagine that.

Oh, and in case anyone is curious. Take a look. He is in the middle. https://fanart.tv/fanart/music/33319aed-9bd7-4cd1-903c-716845c1b7cd/artistbackground/black-veil-brides-4f2c677c303c7.jpg

Was I really off the mark??

benartflick
Msg: 164
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 11/22/2017 7:22:44 AM

Mustang, men shouldn't have defeatist attitudes

NewYorker, how many men have you run into with a defeatist attitude? GTO is the first I've noticed over a long lifetime. Most men seem so optimistic they believe they might have a chance of picking up Jennifer Aniston if they saw her alone, sitting at a bar.

About 10 years ago I hit on Juliette Binoche - if I was 10 years younger at the time, I might of had a chance. That same night a beautiful girl in her 20's kept asking me to dance. Perhaps it was because I lied about me being one of the producers of the movie that finished filming that day.

Women are everywhere - especially in GTO's area - partly because of the insurance industry. Back in the late 80's and early 90's women seemed to out number men better than four to one at the Singles' Dances I went to. I stopped by one dance a few years ago - the odds were still great for men, but there was a much smaller crowd. During the hour or so I spent there two much younger women asked me to dance. If I wasn't leaving for Florida the next day, I'm confident I would've taken one of them out on a date - or to my house that night. And I was just a short very old man.

Actually the women outnumbered the men at the two bars I used to frequent here in Florida. The odds might be better than five to one. The drinks were free for women the nights I stopped by.

Earth girls are easy to find and to take out unless a man's standard is way too high.
 gtomustang
Msg: 165
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 11/22/2017 4:34:39 PM
"my opinion of myself means more than a friendship"

>>>just to play Devil's Advocate here...to a point, I think you're correct. it keeps us individually from becoming doormats. My general guideline is, does the person respect myself like I do? But sometimes, we got to pick our battles and all that. well, by "We", I mean those of us not getting approached by new people who want to be our friends :) Wallflowers and average looking people and the like, I guess we have to battle with what battles to fight. someone who gets approached by strangers or has a wide circle of aquaintances, can burn thru them to find the best ones. mind, i'm not saying its automatically a bad thing, I have plenty of misgivings about human nature. some of my friendships in life relied on me overlooking the bad to focus on the good. Or I contemplated what I was getting in trade, lol.

Thanks for asking us if we shared your opinion about the guy--the last time I questioned a musician's preferences like that, Charmie ripped into me :) I will concur, if you told me the person in the middle was a skinny broad, I would agree. and obviously, if your friend dumps you for that one reason, well....
 purplerider1200
Msg: 166
view profile
History
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 11/22/2017 5:02:10 PM

men shouldn't have defeatist attitudes.

I used to. Once I discovered the reason behind it, everything fell into place. All I had to do is stop doing one activity.

I gave up on women, and dating.

Once you start ignoring them, everything gets better. You can't be defeated if you don't expect anything from them. Look at the money you save. No more emotional grief. (That does aggravate them some.) Next time you walk past one, just think about how much of a pain she would be, if you knew her. She's a bill that never gets paid off. Meet a payment, only to find out the next one is due very soon.

You're better off without it.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 167
view profile
History
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 11/22/2017 7:03:17 PM
I think they all look female except for the one on the far left. Are they all male? Yep, libs are crying homophobe, misogyny, etc, yet they are the biggest offenders and hypocrites. That would be pretty petty of her to take a stand over this and not continue to invite you to holiday parties, if she does that. I like how you called her out about her saying the kid doesn't look like a girl anymore.

Ben, I've only seen defeatists here.

Purple, it's not a bad attitude to have to not obsess over women not being available, but I would still keep yourself open to meeting someone.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 168
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 11/22/2017 8:10:04 PM

Thanks for asking us if we shared your opinion about the guy--the last time I questioned a musician's preferences like that, Charmie ripped into me

If by "preferences" you mean sexual, that's just it. I never said a word about his sexuality. Just his appearance.

Her stupid accusations and labels were just absurd. She has witnessed firsthand how I handle men hitting on me and she has been aware that I attend the big Halloween bash at the gay mecca of Orlando every year because it draws a mixed crowd and blows every other Halloween party in town away, which is not something a "homophobe" would willingly do. She simply allowed herself to become a brainwashed fool who has abandoned their sense of logic and individual thought. (not that there's a lot to lose with a woman to begin with)

I like how you called her out about her saying the kid doesn't look like a girl anymore.

The average ass kissing "poon can do no wrong" mangina would have let it go without it being addressed. There was no way in hell I was going to let it slide.

Ben, I've only seen defeatists here.

Here? As in the forums? You damn sure don't see a defeatist in me.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 169
view profile
History
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 11/22/2017 11:30:07 PM
Pig, yes here. I haven't seen you say anything that sounds like a defeatist.

I do have to ask you what this means: "logic and individual thought. (not that there's a lot to lose with a woman to begin with)." You're just talking about her, right?
 gtomustang
Msg: 170
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 11/23/2017 3:53:45 AM
"About a decade ago I hit on Juliette Binoche"

>>I remember that post, it was Bennie's First. He was upset b/c he felt she looked unnerved by his humor and uncomfortable, and he wondered why women couldn't take a joke. But yeah, I wouldn't waste my time asking out Jen Aniston--she didn't pick up Brad Pitt for his loyalty, so why should I stand in line behind all the other guys hitting on her thinking i'm in her league? :) Best to stick with the safe bet. I've been chasing women since at least 1st grade, I know from experience, looks matter--and I don't lower my standards enough. but that's on me.

"Her stupid accusations and labels were just absurd."

>>>wild ass guess, there was something more going on? Like you hit a chord somewhere? not that a friend can't just fly off the handle for no reason, but...
 benartflick
Msg: 171
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 11/23/2017 10:12:40 AM

"He was upset b/c he felt she looked unnerved by his humor and uncomfortable, and he wondered why women couldn't take a joke."

Ya got a decent memory, but not too accurate.

I wasn't upset and never wondered why women can't take a joke. They do - unless it involves the words "Of course, you're a woman." Never use those words unless it's related to a compliment.

I was definitely surprised and remorseful that I embarrassed her. In view of her countless nude scenes, I didn't think the hint of two men being disappointed about not being allowed to see the shooting of her nude scene might upset her.

I recalled a film with her and a man running nude while she held his foot-long body part. Needless to say I didn't ask her if it was real.

"I know from experience, looks matter"

To many, but certainly NOT to ALL attractive girls and women. You had to notice plenty of awful looking men with attractive women. Just like handsome men going out with unattractive women.

I recall two women, one resembled Momma Cass Elliot and the other could pass for an ugly man, going after two tall handsome married men at work. It took both of them over a year of stalking, but they got 'em.

I know from experience that plenty of attractive women are not too picky. I can't guess why, but I'm extremely grateful.

(During my high school years I sold magazine subscriptions door-to-door. My sales pitch enabled me to chat with a lot of attractive girls and led to many dates. Twice I fixed up my so-called friends with dates. Then behind my back they asked out the beautiful girls I just met and those girls accepted. One married the girl. I even went to the wedding. Maybe I should get back at my other buddy. He's 68 with a gorgeous 54 year-old wife. A couple of years ago he sold his business for about 60 million - if I recall correctly. Perhaps I can find a great looking young tall stud to steal his wife away from him - a little payback 50 years later and before his long dirt nap.)
 ohenryx
Msg: 172
view profile
History
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 11/23/2017 2:37:54 PM

benartflick
I know from experience that plenty of attractive women are not too picky. I can't guess why, but I'm extremely grateful.

Hallelujah, brother! Can I get an”Amen”?

(During my high school years I sold magazine subscriptions door-to-door. My sales pitch enabled me to chat with a lot of attractive girls and led to many dates.

In college, I did about every part time job imaginable. If someone would pay money for it, I was there. The most interesting was selling Kirby vacuum cleaners door to door. I wasn’t very good at it, so I didn’t do it for very long. But it was interesting, I’ll give you that.

Twice I fixed up my so-called friends with dates. Then behind my back they asked out the beautiful girls I just met and those girls accepted. One married the girl. I even went to the wedding. Maybe I should get back at my other buddy.

Now you’re just being petty. Women are not property, you can’t own them. If a woman leaves you for someone else (better looking, richer, gives her more attention, whatever), you should remember all of the times that you have done the same thing. You HAVE done the same thing, right?
 gtomustang
Msg: 173
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 11/23/2017 3:12:48 PM
"not all attractive women find appearance to be important"

>>>true, not all. My first gf was considered hot by many, but was rather nuts from being sexually abused by her daddy and physically abused by her stepdad. I only got her attention b/c I was ignoring her, and she wanted only guys who ignored her. My second gf seemed normal, but had been abused emotionally by her mom. Whenever I dated someone out of my league, they tended to have issues. Now that i'm older, i'm trying to find attractive women who are more stable. Naturally..these type of humans tend to be married already :)

"you had to notice plenty of awful looking men with attractive women"

>>>actually, I notice a lot of couples...and honestly, its RARE to see that. We notice it b/c it sticks out so much. Also, a few of the beautiful women I asked out and got shot down by, still wanted to hang with me as friends. Waitstaff at restaurants would treat me as if I was dating her, but that was the furthest from the truth. So, I can say from personal experience, there were people who saw me with the pretty gal, and thought that was proof that guys like me could land a woman like that. but it was purely platonic intimacy they saw. And like I posted above, there were some times I landed the crazy hottie. She had an agenda, and so long as I fulfilled that agenda, we were together. I had to make the sex happen, so obviously she was far more interested in my presence than she was in having sex with me. And the relationships tended to last a month or so, and she was off to win over the next goal, er, guy.

interestingly, a lot of married people are easy to land, b/c they just aren't out there to search for anyone. A single person feels they have better options, the married don't want to get caught. I've had married coworkers chase me for a single, simple reason--I was giving them attention via flirting, and their husband had turned into a roommate who demanded sex. I turned them down, of course, b/c I didn't want the drama at work. I've turned down drunk women, b/c I knew of one back in college who claimed rape and I can't imagine any drunk women being so good in bed as to have to go thru that. I do tend to think before I leap, I like a low stress life :) so there's probably some risky opportunities I just didn't take.

ever since 1st grade, I've watched attractive male friends, who had my personality, humor, etc get attention I did not, while we both treated women the same way. I too put my way thru university with a customer-service job, flirted often, conversed, and got 1 gf out of it--b/c she kept hanging around until I got the hint she was waiting for me to ask her out, b/c it was winter and she was lonely. Everyone else, everyone, said no. they weren't creeped out by it, b/c they kept talking to me, wanted to hang out, and some wondered why I stopped flirting with them. To those who have had good luck, I say congratulations, by definition, you are attractive. maybe not the most handsome man in the world, if you feel you didn't get every woman's attention, but I can speak from experience, if you had better luck while doing the same thing I did...occum's razor :)

So, I know that to a healthy-minded woman, looks are as important to her, as her own looks are important to her. I've had women accept a free dinner from me, with no intention of sex. which is like the client accepting free lunch from a salesperson. it doesn't matter unless the sale is made. if she was good company, well, then I paid for good company. but I can eat dinner with my friends, have good company, and they don't stick me with the bill.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 174
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 11/24/2017 2:41:55 AM

wild ass guess, there was something more going on? Like you hit a chord somewhere? not that a friend can't just fly off the handle for no reason, but...

It was completely out of nowhere, which is what made it so surprising. She and I talked about everything and anything completely unfiltered. Hell, she probably has a mouth worse than mine, actually.

Women are not property, you can’t own them. If a woman leaves you for someone else (better looking, richer, gives her more attention, whatever), you should remember all of the times that you have done the same thing.

True, but it is definitely against "bro-code" to move in on a girl your friend (or even relative) was pursuing first.

I do have to ask you what this means: "logic and individual thought. (not that there's a lot to lose with a woman to begin with)." You're just talking about her, right?

Nope.
 gtomustang
Msg: 175
cat got their tongue
Posted: 11/24/2017 6:42:29 AM
That does suck when a broad comes out of nowhere with an issue. I'd wonder out loud if that has to do with "not a lot of logic and individual thinking to lose", but the shrews here aren't chiming in, so I guess they agree with what the men are saying...or they realize, men are talking.

:)

Naw, seriously, I hate when someone comes out of nowhere with an issue, like they've been sitting on it passively aggressively for too long and it finally bubbled to the surface. feels like a betrayal of trust. you thought you knew the person, and suddenly, there's this issue they feel strongly about that they never mentioned before. where did this strong opinion come from, under the couch?

it does suck for us, when a friend lands someone or something we're interested in. Find a good deal on an antique, and your friend bids you out, its like WTF. but, when we're the winner in the contest...we sure seem to enjoy the prize even if we hate the cost :) Hence the expression, all's fair in love and war. they're both a competition for things of immense worth.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > DATING OVER 60