Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > humor  > Top Ten Most Overused Phrases In Personal Ads      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Selkielaughter
Msg: 43
Top Ten Most Overused Phrases In Personal AdsPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
The one that drives me nuts is-

"I'm simple."

This line is in 80% of all the profiles I've read. Made up stat but close I'm sure.

Lenny in Of Mice and Men is simple. You can like the simple things in life. You can like to live simply. Your life can be kept simple. But if you are truly simple, well more power to you for bravely putting it out there in your profile.
 plentyofgarbage
Msg: 44
Top Ten Most Overused Phrases In Personal Ads
Posted: 4/4/2013 3:01:01 PM
Good idea! Think I'll check mine to!!
 Steve0110
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/5/2013 8:57:11 PM
My children are my ___________ (life, everything, world, etc....) thank you captain obvious.
 colortvgranpa
Msg: 46
Posted: 4/6/2013 2:50:46 PM
Needed: woman with good heart"........transplant?
Please ladies have the courtesy of responding to my emails!....( especially when they don't read your profile!)
 Ffester
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2013 5:33:04 PM
"I like to have fun"
This really does my head in. If you didn't like having fun then not having fun would presumably be your idea of a good time. So in fact not having fun would be fun, which you like having, which means you couldn't like not having fun so why say it?

I should drink less coffee...
 LoveBeautifulDays
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/6/2013 9:25:06 PM
lol.
funny.
:-)
 Diva_Zya
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/8/2013 10:06:50 AM
Alright, that was pretty good for laughs -
I haven't re- inspected My profile, yet I am nearly certain what I've got going on is on the opposing side - as in Least used phrases!
Always ~ Wikked
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2013 12:50:43 PM
"Must know how to treat a woman."

Sure I know how to treat a woman.
Depends on what century you want to pull the behavior from.
I can either club you and drag you back to my cave or buy you dinner and seduce you with my own poetry...either way Im treating you like woman.
:)
 heinandshein
Msg: 51
Posted: 4/8/2013 6:46:37 PM
I think I have worms
 colortvgranpa
Msg: 52
Posted: 4/9/2013 1:19:39 PM
[Sure I know how to treat a woman.
Depends on what century you want to pull the behavior from.
I can either club you and drag you back to my cave or buy you dinner and seduce you with my own poetry...either way Im treating you like woman.
:) ]

That sounds good...you could do both!
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/10/2013 9:14:51 PM
"I'm a laid back kinda guy." This from young guys obsessed with video games.
 daydreamer1260
Msg: 54
Posted: 4/10/2013 9:50:05 PM
"Looking for a MAN not a BOY" I may have to use that one!
 MaxLiftsBrahs
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/11/2013 8:22:09 AM
I have not used a single one of your lines.
 MaxLiftsBrahs
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/11/2013 8:23:35 AM
Or any of the lines you guys are mentioning.
 SpringMataLeao
Msg: 57
Posted: 4/11/2013 2:50:14 PM
In my neck of the woods..Texas...the most overused phrases on a woman's profile is:

I am a country girl.

I like hunting, fishing, mudding.

I am at home in jeans and a t shirt, but I clean up nice.
 Havesomefunalongtheway
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/18/2013 4:29:01 AM
Love it...made my day!!
 spilling_fire
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/18/2013 6:30:27 AM
I love the lines in profiles that are clearly inserted due to someone pissing them off, someone getting burned, or someone rejecting them on here.

If you're here for just sex, keep on moving. Like those wanting only casual sex are so up front about it lol.
If you're materialistic, just click backspace. I see this one all the time or some variation of it.
Lookin for a country girl that will cook for me. Seriously? So you just want a chef with a redneck accent?
Searching 4U. It's "for you". It has 4 extra characters....4. How lazy can you be?
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/18/2013 7:40:27 AM
Search the threads for 'POFICTIONARY' - it's a thread loaded with this kind of stuff
 freshpeony
Msg: 61
Posted: 4/19/2013 6:45:11 AM
I needed a chuckle, thanks.
 monocryl
Msg: 62
Posted: 4/22/2013 7:57:28 PM
Igor,

I am NOT down to earth, but I usually only hover at an altitude of 2.1 millimeters

Might you also walk on water? I'd really like to meet a man who does that.

"Must love dogs." Now why does that innocent little phrase rub me the wrong way?

"Hello, ladies. Thank you for taking the time to read my profile." How many ladies? How often? See, I don't want to compete with them "ladies."

I confess I've gone and included all the cliches I could think of in my profile, with a little disclaimer. They're just too much fun :-)
 Szaszaspasz
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2013 10:56:43 PM
"Must love dogs." Now why does that innocent little phrase rub me the wrong way?

Because the prospective date would not want a person to be annoyed at their crotch-sniffing canine..
 yerkiddinrite
Msg: 64
Posted: 5/14/2013 11:07:16 AM
If I see the words cuddling or snuggling in a guy's profile I know he's telling some kind of lie. Men don't cuddle or snuggle, they phuck and phart. Cuddling and snuggling are just code words - and annoying code words at that!
 that_ol_lady
Msg: 65
Posted: 5/15/2013 1:42:25 PM

yerkiddinrite

If I see the words cuddling or snuggling in a guy's profile I know he's telling some kind of lie. Men don't cuddle or snuggle, they phuck and phart. Cuddling and snuggling are just code words - and annoying code words at that!

LOL ^^^ +20

1) I'm sick of seeing "just ask me anything"
an what happens when you ask an try to make conversation
A) they never reply back
or
B) they cant even string a 2 or 3 word sentence together an every other word after that is im not sure or the "aka" i dont know..

2) I cringe at,,"i'm the nicest sweetest guy you will ever meet"
NO your not,you are a demon in hiding waiting to take my soul.

3) blahhhh the classic 'i work hard an i play hard"
aka usually means they like to get s hit faced drunk an hookup with who ever is still standing at the end of the nite..

4) "i'm just looking to have a lil bit of fun or im looking for somebody to have a lil bit of fun with..

O pleazzze spare me the jig is up you might as well come out an say your just looking for random sex..by now
most grown women have learned that men an women have 2 different defintions of the word fun..

anddddddd

5) "i'm just looking for friends"

were all guilty of this line but the key is are you being truthful saying you really just want platonic friends,,if so no worries if thats what you really want..

but dont play the i dont know card an then throw in umm just looking for friends when your secretly just wanting to find the next warm body to bust a nut on..if thats what you consider a friendship then you should already have enough warm bodies youve know for years to get off on..

otherwise reality check you really anit looking for just friendship..
 Devilsfan58
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2013 7:02:03 PM
I think you missed the ones that say "My __________ say....
I always think just What just do you expect them to say? This is what your friends are really thinking but are afraid to tell you. After all your on free web dating site. How mean or rude do they need to be? Its not like your applying to Oxford as a Rhodes scholar.
You're a ****,
You cheat on your husband.
You are clearly defined in 5 DSM IV Categories.
You're co-workers exclude you for happy hour.
You are the most negative person. And they frequently think of that scene from Airplane where everyone is trying to kill themselves when you walk by.
TSA has put you on a no fly list.
Three of your four children of yours are in longterm psychological testing.
Kathy Bates in Misery has a better chance of getting laid.
You have had one date in 17 years and he was drunk and homeless and just out on parole.

When I see that line I always think what some inframous people would say here if they applied using the line "My Friends say!!!!"
Jody Arias
Hitler
John Gacy
Ted Kaczinski--Unabomber
Ted Bundy the serial killer.
BTK....etc.
 GuessMeByMyOpeningLine
Msg: 67
Posted: 6/5/2013 3:51:07 PM
I don't know, when someone looks like a Golden Girl or Abe Vigoda and claims they are 25 and down to earth, I always think, not only are you down to earth, you are almost 6 feet under it.
Show ALL Forums  > humor  > Top Ten Most Overused Phrases In Personal Ads