Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 5
Has POF changed?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
~OP~ Something I've noticed over the many years I've been here? After a while, the mail indeed changes. I think it's much more that we become "old news" and are considered window-shoppers. Although my profile is generally in hide-mode, it does seem when it's viewable, I get very little mail from anyone that hasn't seen me here for a long while and they either want to know why I've been here so long and/or if I'm looking for something "casual" vs something more substantial. And also? The nature of the net has changed, too. When a site becomes as big as this one is now? You're bound to get more of the lurker-types. That's the nature of the beast I'm afraid. I figured out a number of years ago, off-line is still the best way to meet someone you may like to date. At least I think so. JMO
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 8
Has POF changed?
Posted: 10/1/2011 10:01:34 AM
My last time on here was about 5 years ago. Back then; non responses were not the norm, and people were not so quick to decide "yes" or "no". People were way more social and friendly, and less willing to subject people to final and severe judgement.

It's a hook up site?

Maybe I should be distributing pics of my beautiful pony!! No WONDER I get no repluies; I'm being friednly, and not straight up "lets shag" sexual!!

Either that; or I look like a potato ;) That could be it too.

I give a vote for "yes"; it has changed....alot.

The forums, however, seem the same; thank God for you folks!
 IndyLee
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Has POF changed?
Posted: 10/1/2011 10:52:14 AM
I've been on POF for only about a month. I'm a little disappointed when guys want to meet you, you respond by email, and they do not respond. It's strange to me. If I say I'm looking for a relationship but want time to get to know each other, I get no response. If I say I'm looking just to date, then I get shot down because they are only looking for a long term relationship. I guess I thought these guys were intelligent and would be on this site to at least follow through with conversation. And PICTURES, my goodness. They want more pictures of me WITHOUT sunglasses on before they will communicate. And they say they are not superficial, when they ask for full body shots (and I'm average body with good looks) and they don't respond. I'd like to hear more thoughts on this. This is a free site with lots of members and I hope things will improve!
 IndyLee
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Has POF changed?
Posted: 10/2/2011 2:06:19 PM
Ok, after I posted my message earlier today, a nice good looking profile came my way for chatting. Most guys don't want to continually chat, so when he said he'd like to watch the EAGLES game with me today I immediately said, yes, sure, I'll throw on jeans and meet you halfway. Then he said "hold a minute brb" be right back, right? Well he left in a hurry. I know there are confused people out there, on this dating site and others. People just seem to NOT say what they mean or want to follow through. Such a shame. I think I'm a catch!
 femaleconnection
Msg: 18
Has POF changed?
Posted: 10/4/2011 9:49:49 AM
Anytime a site becomes popular, it gets flooded with 'all types'...and all types include losers. Being free means all the losers can sign up and play with the rest of us is all. lol
 Orgulloso
Msg: 19
Has POF changed?
Posted: 10/4/2011 11:25:46 AM
OP,

Sadly the majority of ladies I've met on POF are pretty Fooked up. I allude to some of that in my profile, please be over your hurt and anger, etc. But I've made some very nice email buddies (never met face to face). I agree with the poster that stated POF isn't a very good option if you are really looking for a quality person for potential relationship.

I enjoy the member forums and hang out here for the most part. I've also, hidden and come back on and off for the last 2 years. At this juncture I'm not too hopeful of meeting a quality person on POF.

My 2 cents.

G
 Pingshooter
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Has POF changed?
Posted: 10/5/2011 6:58:53 PM
I got on POF..due to my wifes death..and not into bars, I had no idea what to do.

The following is simply my opinion...

I have seen the quality of posts here go up and down; number of people contacting, or responding, increase then decrease. Kinda like a tide..ebbing in, ebbing out.

I know that when it gets boring..just wait, it gets better.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >