Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Strange compliments..      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kariann71
Msg: 26
Strange compliments..Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Strangest compliment I ever got was "You're like a guy, but with chick parts!"
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 27
Strange compliments..
Posted: 10/4/2011 1:39:43 PM
I love your collar bones.
Wrist bones..Shoulder blades.. ect.

Who knew?
 MikeWM
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Strange compliments..
Posted: 10/4/2011 2:04:20 PM
I've been uhmming and arrghing over whether to post this due to the board its on

But the only "strange" compliment I can recall is "You have nice balls" which as far as I can recall has been said by 4 seperate women

Now although percentage wise thats hardly a huge number at the end of the day theyre BALLS, how on earth can they look, feel or be nice lol

That to me would be like telling a woman she had nice elbows or knees or something equally obscure

I do kind of wonder if they just wanted to say something complimentary and after hours of racking their brains to find something to mention in a positive complimentary way they gave up and just said that instead lol

But seriously, BALLS? Is this some bizarre fetish I've never heard of

Theres some VERY strange people out there
 modivin
Msg: 29
Strange compliments..
Posted: 10/4/2011 2:20:34 PM
You look so young....can I just have your skin and put it on my face?

When I did massage therapy.....

I just want to take your hands home. Not you, just your hands.

Then the random...you're hot...lets ****
 modivin
Msg: 30
Strange compliments..
Posted: 10/4/2011 2:25:49 PM
Mr. Messages....

I just read your profile after reading your comment...and after laughing from your profile..I'm just curious what your response was with that "compliment"
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 31
Strange compliments..
Posted: 10/4/2011 2:27:10 PM
Oh Ive had a few, one woman emailed me and said " you're nice looking for a colored guy?" yeah can you say block and delete....moronnnnnnnnnn.
 Caustics
Msg: 32
Strange compliments..
Posted: 10/4/2011 3:12:53 PM

One of my first messages I received on here was from a gentleman who wanted to know if I had big thighs and played classical piano.

Hahaha love it, reminds me of that movie Grumple Old Men.
Grandpa: Well the woman, does she have big thighs?
John: No!
Grandpa: No?! Then what's the problem? If I was a young fella like you, I'd be mounting every woman in Wabasha.
 totalazzhole
Msg: 33
Strange compliments..
Posted: 10/4/2011 3:36:41 PM

You look so young....can I just have your skin and put it on my face?

mega-ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

makes me think of "Silence of the Lambs"..

Jame Gumb who wanted to wear women's skin.. :(

I tend to get things like "Ooh, I like men with prominent noses". ....thanks for that.

yes I have been told by women that I could probably give a lot of pleasure with my nose..(and have) ??

WTF?
 totalazzhole
Msg: 34
Strange compliments..
Posted: 10/4/2011 4:17:57 PM
have been told by someone...on POF that I 'must have lost my man card'.

meaning that I think more like a woman in the stereotypes POF posters like to apply .

more emotional, nurturing, etc.

strange on first blush but I take it as a compliment..I never aspired to be the typical '"man's man"

-loud, rude, crude, overbearing, basically "proudly stupid"and act as if pro sports is REALLY IMPORTANT & PROFOUND .. . LOL :)
 LabradorOokpik
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Strange compliments..
Posted: 10/4/2011 5:12:47 PM
I've been told I had a nice aura surrounding me...first and only time I heard that one.

Sometimes I will come across a guy and a girl who I think look alike. I don`t mean that the guy looks like a girl, or the girl looks like a guy, but they look enough alike that they could be brother and sister.
 kcladyz
Msg: 36
Strange compliments..
Posted: 10/4/2011 5:57:30 PM
people always compliment me on how i look as if i lost weight but it pisses me off for drawing attention to myself like that is embarrassing and offensive. i lost 50 pounds but i been on a plateau for months and months and its humiliating to have to tell people i have not lost weigt in a while. its really aweful when its a man saying it.
 MissBoomerSooner
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Strange compliments..
Posted: 10/4/2011 11:08:46 PM
I got a message the other day that said...'Can I seduce you'? total out of the blue. Funny thing is he sent me this same message last month. lol
 MissBoomerSooner
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Strange compliments..
Posted: 10/4/2011 11:12:38 PM
Ohhhhhhhh just the right size to starve so it loosens the skin....lmao at sotl
 _shakti_
Msg: 39
Strange compliments..
Posted: 10/4/2011 11:16:28 PM
Fleuron:
I like John Travolta. Phenomenon, Grease, Carrie, Look Who’s Talking… My oldest brother resembles him, too. So I guess that (sort of) means you’re like a brother to me…
I'll add that to my list of strange compliments, lol..
 cooldog65
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Strange compliments..
Posted: 10/4/2011 11:20:32 PM
I'm waiting to hear from the person who says they resemble the current version of Carrot Top!
 lilaflower912
Msg: 41
Strange compliments..
Posted: 10/5/2011 8:45:13 AM
I was told by this guy I work with that I looked like his next girlfriend. That wasn't the weird part, the weird thing was that he HAD a girlfriend that also worked with us, and she was at home taking a few days off work to recover from miscarrying their baby. It just kind of made me go YUCK!!
 cooldog65
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Strange compliments..
Posted: 10/5/2011 9:39:17 AM
@shakti: Welcome back...your dreams were your ticket out...(Welcome Back Kotter theme). Ha ha ha! Vinny Barbarino: What? Where? When? Sorry, couldn't resist!
 Pingshooter
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Strange compliments..
Posted: 10/5/2011 7:04:53 PM

one guy messaged me to say I had sexy armpits,lol

Armpit? OH..yeah, um, they're nice..
 Fab52
Msg: 44
Strange compliments..
Posted: 10/5/2011 9:09:26 PM
Fairly new to POF (a brief start before and now back for a few days). A fellow wrote a hello and that I had a 'compassionate face.' I told him I had never been told that before and I said "Thank you, I think."

A compassionate face? What does a girl do with that?
 _shakti_
Msg: 45
Strange compliments..
Posted: 10/5/2011 11:25:11 PM

Now you try to keep a straight face and still be able to steer a van at 110 KM down highway 2. I am lucky to be here telling everyone about it.
Hahahahah!! That's more like a life-threatening compliment, lol..

That reminds me of when I was with my first bf, we had no car so we walked everywhere. Well guys driving by would sometimes honk their horn and crane their neck around to check me out, wink or offer other more lewd gestures. The first couple of times he was miffed, but when it continued to happen he would lose his mind, lol... I can still remember him getting all incensed and chucking rocks once, lol..

Oh! BTW shakti. Carpe and I will be talking about adding you to the guest list.
Too cool!!
 MikeWM
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Strange compliments..
Posted: 10/6/2011 6:25:46 AM
Actually, 99 times out of a hundred it means they see you like a girlfriend rather than as a man at all

Plus its sometimes a sublte way of saying "Theres NO way youre ever going to get my gusset all gooey as you lack sex appeal" without being quite so harsh or direct

Honourary woman = Non "man" in a sexual chemistry/attraction sense

Pantomime dame of the friends zone in otherwords

or

Nice but..... as opposed to Nice butt
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 47
Strange compliments..
Posted: 10/6/2011 6:43:53 AM
A man complimented my hair in a grocery store--nope, not strange, but when he got around to complimenting the purple tights I was wearing, a bit strange.

One of the strangest compliments that I received (yet very flattering and made me feel good) was from a woman whom I had never seen before--she was dressed like a cowgirl (no six shooters, just the hat and boots). She hugged me and said, "You are beautiful inside and out." I think she had just witnessed my exchange with an elderly man whom I knew. I have never seen her again.
 totalazzhole
Msg: 48
Strange compliments..
Posted: 10/6/2011 7:12:50 AM
@_shakti_:

so have you ever been caught uttering these words?

"Up your nose with a rubber hose! "

OR : "Off my case, toilet-face! "

or even: "Love means never having to hear: 'I'm pregnant' ".

honorary "sweat-hog" society.

this person was in a roundabout way saying you were a 'Sweathog'? hmmmmm..

can't call THAT a compliment.

although you are cute I must say in your first photo the curve of your smile reminds me of "The Grinch" (animated version of "the Grinch Stole Christmas")

sorry..hope we can still be POF friends? :)
 cooldog65
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Strange compliments..
Posted: 10/6/2011 7:46:43 AM
@thebigflick: The Grinch... Now compare the profile picture...Ba ba ba...ba Babarino...! We love you shakti...
 NewYorkbiker
Msg: 50
Strange compliments..
Posted: 10/6/2011 7:57:30 AM
Shakti, you might be able to play one of the Gotti's alongside Travolta. Maybe if Gotti Jr. had a twin sister.... LOL
Actually, Travolta was just in the neighborhood having a sitdown with the Gotti's for his upcoming movie.....
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Strange compliments..