Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Cross Fit and Extreme event athletes?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 modivin
Msg: 226
Cross Fit and Extreme event athletes?Page 10 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
CPR! Way to keep rocking it!!!

What tips do you need for eating?
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 227
Cross Fit and Extreme event athletes?
Posted: 11/21/2011 4:15:36 PM
Modivin the Kipping Hand Stand Push Ups, have you tried it? you mentioned a glute/ham imbalance , just curious if you tried doing some?
 modivin
Msg: 228
Posted: 11/21/2011 4:42:54 PM
Oh yea!!! I forgot...that was a long time ago....post 1 or something

Have not tried the KHSPU yet......but I say in a few months those will be a breeze for me. I'm working with a trainer now on conditioning for rugby with focusing on...well..everything but specifically firing in different sequences which is helping 100x more then what I did in the past.
 RobertinStages
Msg: 229
Posted: 11/21/2011 5:12:01 PM
Damn CPR I did not know that! Keep icing is right! I was gonna complain my knees are acting up again... but I think I can shelve it. ;-)

Great workout today. Full body workout with 10 miles on the stationary bike. Got the kettleball in AND the Snatch.
 CPRLADY
Msg: 230
Posted: 11/21/2011 7:52:25 PM
Modivin-I need to quit eating emotionally and late at nite. I only sleep about 4 hrs a nite. Always have, probably always will. Maybe when my son moves back in January that will change, oh lord-he will be on my butt for sure. But I need ti find some sort of balance and follow a good diet. I hav eno will power when it comes to food. I have changed has gotten better, but still need a kick in the tush.

And Robert, iced the foot tonite, still a bit swollen, but did easier gym workout tonite.
Tomorrow I have CF and strenght conditioning. My trainer just added that so we can get started for training in January. Keep up my core n my strenght. And Robert complain away-you workout so hard, its ok to shed a few lol
Be well and safe

CPRLADY
 modivin
Msg: 231
Posted: 11/21/2011 8:25:01 PM
CPR if you want to talk offline about this, let me know. I work with a group of doctors and athletes who help others with nutritional concerns and have been able to help an incredible amount of people as a result.
 RobertinStages
Msg: 232
Posted: 11/22/2011 8:18:07 PM
Hi all! Great workout today. Full body workout with the "Crunch" gym equipment. 10 machines designed to do just that. Plus a few other machines. AND 30 minutes on an elliptical machine Level 12. Never worked out on one. GREAT FUN and a GREAT workout.
Hope you all are having fun with your workouts! Happy Thanksgiving if I don't hear from you sooner.

CPR.. anything you choose to do regarding food. I'm here as well to help support you. Being an ex wrestler I know how sucky diets, food, no food and all that jazz can be. If you think posting your pains and gains may help. PLEASE DO!!
 modivin
Msg: 233
Posted: 11/22/2011 9:39:46 PM
I think the last time I used a machine to work out was well over a year ago. I've truly grown to love CF, plyo, and full body work outs with body weight, trx bands, stabilizing balls, bands, free weights, and today......we broke out hurdles and worked on plyo as well as a few other things. I'm giving myself 5 months. It should be one heckuva ride and I will love every single minute of it!!

Robert..try finding some different balls to change up abdominal work. Much more range of motion and ability to control the contraction. Keep it up!!
 modivin
Msg: 234
Posted: 11/23/2011 4:47:46 PM
Pumped!!!

I'm looking to do Tough Mudder on the Summer break we get. I think we are off maybe 2 weeks...so hopefully there is one that is fairly close. And when I am done with school....I plan on riding cross country (on a bicycle) to raise money for MS and raise awareness with the connection Chiropractors have for making a difference with those who have MS (and the entire world).

So in about 5 months, I will be starting marketing/publicity for it. In 3 1/2 years, it will come up quickly!

Are you taking any time off from working out this long weekend? I know Sat/Sun I have everything planned out in my head and am excited to get it going. Love throwing new stuff in there
 RobertinStages
Msg: 235
Posted: 11/23/2011 8:21:44 PM
Hi modivin! I'll try what you suggest on changing up the balls. I used to belong to a gym that had a great apparatus for abs. You sat down on a bench that you could incline/decline and you threw different weighted balls against a backboard with net. Similiar to a basketball setup. WAS A GREAT SETUP FOR ABS!

You are REALLY planning some GREAT stuff! Get those legs in shape.. that's a long bike ride. Good for you! I'm gonna take a rest day tomorrow, not sure about Friday, rest day Saturday cause I am helping a friend move, and gonna workout Sunday. I hit the Crunch machines today again along with the 30 minute elliptical. I looked closer at the machine and looked it up online cause it doesn't look like the other ellipticals. It's a Precor Adaptive Motion Trainer 835. GREAT MACHINE!!!Works you entire body very well.

I'm with you. I love throwing in new stuff!
 modivin
Msg: 236
Posted: 11/23/2011 8:28:41 PM
The only thing I suggest with cardio..mix it up...don't get attached the elliptical as it puts undue stress on your SI joint. You don't walk that way normally....nor do you run that way (hip rises in excess). As much as it sounds like you love it...see what else you can add in for cardio.

Rowing machine is awesome. Swimming is wonderful. Cycling, etc. Get creative

And yes.....I have been cycling for geez....pretty much my entire life. Did a 250 mile bike ride for charity a couple years ago in WI (over 4 days). Granted, that was with a huge group of people and paced out so we could visit dialysis centers. Of all things in a triathlon, cycling is by far the most fun and easiest for me. Doing a cross country thing will be the most physical thing I will probably ever do, unless I decide to climb Everest (or at least to Base)....but then again, my best friend and I are looking at going to Tibet when I graduate....so who knows. Maybe two things in one year after graduation
 modivin
Msg: 237
Posted: 11/24/2011 9:01:05 AM
Oh yea!!! It kind of sounds like Muddy Buddy....except without the buddy and probably more difficult. Muddy Buddy is where I started my interest with crazy outdoor events and then came across Warrior Dash and found out about Tough Mudder at the same time (trainer friends). Ever since then, I've wanted to do TM and can't wait until I do!!
 RobertinStages
Msg: 238
Posted: 11/24/2011 4:56:33 PM
Cyclo-cross sounds FUN!!!!

Happy Thanksgivng all! Hope you ate well and had a good rest day.
 modivin
Msg: 239
Posted: 11/24/2011 6:44:47 PM
Happy Thanksgiving!!! My turkey dinner is tomorrow with my best friend

Super excited since we barely see each other. Today however was a day of sleeping a ton. Something about school and working out hard really drains.....except now, at 8:45pm...I am WIDE awake! So I may study or watch a movie...prob watch a movie.

Hope you enjoyed your day!
 RobertinStages
Msg: 240
Posted: 11/25/2011 7:19:00 AM
Little warm up at the gym and then BIKING! Yippee! Weather is gonna be nice enough to bike.
 modivin
Msg: 241
Posted: 11/25/2011 8:49:31 AM
Yay Robert!! It is in the 60s again today...hoping this weekend holds out and does not snow. Would be nice to get a bike ride in.....but I do know I have a date at the gym tomorrow....(gym is the bf).......cardio, plyo, and improving proprioception through squats on the bosu ball.
 MandyLOVESCandy
Msg: 242
Posted: 11/25/2011 9:36:31 AM
^^ you go modivin, you sexy, brainy, all -around athlete! the gym is your date & b/f? does it hold you & comfort you when you are down (if you are, ever) ? otherwise a great relationship - doesn't talk back, argue, cause drama & problems! JMO.

~M~
 RobertinStages
Msg: 243
Posted: 11/25/2011 7:53:27 PM
Now that's a thought. Well my "gf" was very good to me today. Got in a good upper body workout and then outside for a 30 mile bike ride. Weather was gorgeous today and supposed to be better tomorrow. I'm gonna take a break from her tomorrow though. She just wears me out. ;-)
 modivin
Msg: 244
Posted: 11/26/2011 3:34:04 PM
Mandy and Robert....too funny!

I say bf because gym sounds like Jim and I spend enough time at the gym to classify it as a quality relationship hahah
 MotoGPatrick
Msg: 245
Posted: 11/26/2011 11:55:22 PM
Hey Robert

Hi Patrick. I see what your saying. Makes sense that someone would take XFit and gear it up like you say. I don't wanna gain size but I do strength training. I manage to figure out my body and know when to ease up so don't gain size.

It all depends on what your goals are. GSLP is serious MMA, Police, miltary level stuff. Emphasis on things like working your neck to build it up to prevent injury and so on. It's not regular bodybuilding for those in "I feel pretty" lol... body building shows. I know I feel better prepared for potential tumbles off a dirt bike or horse and even the next deployment.

I am 6'1" tall and the biggest I have been was around 215 and very lean. It was while on deployment and just working out and online college was all we had to do. During the last year of my marriage things were too funky to have time to regularly lift and I atrophied to about 200. With GSLP I am certain I can hit 225-230 with low body fat using a routine that will have me equally well prepared for the combat zone and the beaches here in CA, it is a win win...
 RobertinStages
Msg: 246
Posted: 11/27/2011 2:09:12 PM
HELL YA PATRICK! Thanks for SERVING this GREAT NATION. Great background info you gave on yourself. You ROCK MAN! Please come back often and post your goals/results. Where I've been in my past I firmly believe that fitness is a mental battle. The body is stupid and will do what we tell it to do. Easier said than done though. Soooo everyone is here to help!

From modivin: "The only thing I suggest with cardio..mix it up...don't get attached the elliptical as it puts undue stress on your SI joint. You don't walk that way normally....nor do you run that way (hip rises in excess). As much as it sounds like you love it...see what else you can add in for cardio."

The above TIP was a REALLY good one. I am already noticing some loose hip action. Thanks GIRL! Got 12 miles yesterday, some machines AND helped a friend move. VERY active day. ;-) 30 miles the day before with stops for pullups and bench park pushups. So reminicant of summer. FreekiN Fun!!! Hope you all enjoyed your holidays and workouts!

Happy thought of the week: Gonna be thinking of cardio substitutes.
 modivin
Msg: 247
Posted: 11/27/2011 7:30:50 PM
Go Robert go!!!!!!
 modivin
Msg: 248
Posted: 11/28/2011 4:06:07 PM
Awwww yea Robert.........

Interval cardio training...light day

10 min jogging
10 min spinning
10 min jogging

Study time!
 MotoGPatrick
Msg: 249
Posted: 11/29/2011 1:40:27 PM

Happy thought of the week: Gonna be thinking of cardio substitutes.

Don't forget about swimming Robert! Minimal impact and high quality exercise.
 RobertinStages
Msg: 250
Posted: 11/29/2011 4:49:50 PM
I sure wish my gym had a swiming pool. I love to swim. I did some light bike work today for cardio. Practiced the snatch and overhead presses for Crossfit. Had a really good upper body workout overall. Knees are still bugging me. Darn it.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Cross Fit and Extreme event athletes?