Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Cross Fit and Extreme event athletes?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 modivin
Msg: 51
Cross Fit and Extreme event athletes?Page 3 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
I'm learning to not feed in to people's douchebag comments....there are a ton here. Its either ignore them or delete my account
 RobertinStages
Msg: 52
Cross Fit and Extreme event athletes?
Posted: 10/16/2011 6:16:29 PM
A friend of mine must competed in the VegasFitWars on Saturday. She is a 38 year old woman who warmed me up to the idea of CrossFit. It was sponsored by the Marines and had miltary theme. What I like about the sport is that they can change up the Events so it's never the same. I like that!
 modivin
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/16/2011 8:13:47 PM
Yes!! Variation is awesome.....

and I'm still sore from the WOD Friday
 RobertinStages
Msg: 54
Posted: 10/17/2011 2:24:12 AM
Hi Modivin! Question. Where do you get your WOD from? A site? Club? or ?
 modivin
Msg: 55
Posted: 10/17/2011 8:13:16 AM
It's posted on the board at the gym I use. However, you can go to crossfit.com and they will have the WOD posted.
 RobertinStages
Msg: 56
Posted: 10/17/2011 7:25:09 PM
Isaw the ones they have posted at crossfit.com and think it's the way to start for me. Thanks!
 modivin
Msg: 57
Posted: 10/17/2011 7:28:19 PM
Welcome! And if you don't know how to do something, check youtube. A lot of CF is posted on there as well.
 CPRLADY
Msg: 58
Posted: 10/17/2011 8:51:11 PM
Wow, I am exhausted from reading all of everyones' post. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, I just wish others didn't have to be so harsh. On that note my fellow forum contributers, I to0, love doing Crossfit. I started with a trainer doing regular exercises, he saw I was getting bored, moved into Crossfit, lost 35#s, train w/ my neice who is half my age and love every minute of it. It's hard, its what works for me and my busy life, I just turned 54 this past summer and continue to challenge myself daily. Now in addition to CF, we have now moved on to adding weights and now I have become a powerlifter has well. I will be entering my 5th competitive meet in 3 weeks. So here's to what works for each and everyone of you and life gets better , even at my awesome age.
And I am always open to trying something new-
PS Boxing begins next month.
 modivin
Msg: 59
Posted: 10/17/2011 9:39:37 PM
That's awesome CPR!! Keep it up!!
 CPRLADY
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/18/2011 2:40:12 AM
Thanks so much modivin. Keep it going.
 RobertinStages
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/18/2011 4:27:30 AM
Oh my goodness CPR.. I would need your CPR skills to keep me alive if I did what you are doing! 35#'s NICE!!! I lost a ton a weight too but would like to be a little "chubbier" just looks better. ;^) You are an inspiration and PLEASE keep posting OFTEN.. what you're doing, how your feeling, etc..

Heading to the gym!! Yippee!
 RobertinStages
Msg: 62
Posted: 10/18/2011 4:32:38 AM
I just read your profile CPR.. WOW! .. If you are ever near the Jersey Shore.. again.. look me up... PLEASE. ;-)
 CPRLADY
Msg: 63
Posted: 10/18/2011 6:32:11 AM
Dang I was just up East 5 weeks ago, did 5 states in 6 days. Flew to Philly, hit my home in Trenton and then up to MD/DC, we kayaked the Potomac and sightseeing. Love to travel etc.
Next time I will look you up and my door is always open in St. Louis gang.
 CPRLADY
Msg: 64
Posted: 10/18/2011 6:39:16 AM
LOL -I love to teach CPR, come on down or I will come out there-Congrats on your weight loss goals as well. You are all an inspiration to me, so please keep posting. I like/need the words of wisdom. And by the way Mr inStages, as you typed, I was already in the gym and out.

Booyah-lol
Be well all.

Ps I feel good, but am now getting nervous about my meet coming up. Last Friday w/ trainer we tried max rep, I dropped my 175# squat-dang-it-my worst event. Oh well-onward and upward.
 modivin
Msg: 65
Posted: 10/18/2011 11:14:46 AM
I just read your profile too.....

I grew up in NoVa and spent many summers rock climbing along the Potomac....miss the EC a bit but am curious where my travels will take me
 modivin
Msg: 66
Posted: 10/18/2011 11:15:42 AM
Roberto....

Have you seen today's WOD? Dear God...help me. lol...That will be me at 5:30..
 RobertinStages
Msg: 67
Posted: 10/18/2011 3:18:11 PM
All of them are my "worst event". lmao.. YOU go CPR!!! When is the Event?? I did look at the WOD for today modivin!!!! You will need God on this one.. hee hee I really hit today.. practiced "air squats" and pullups.. Also got in my usual chest and back workout PLUSSSSSS .. 30 miles on the bike!! Yippee! The weather is gonna be bad for awhile and soooo glad I was able ot get some GREAT biking on a beautiful NJ day!
 modivin
Msg: 68
Posted: 10/18/2011 4:09:40 PM
Yea.....I missed it. I ended up taking a nap with my dog and just woke up. Bummer.....but I will be keeping it on hand for the scheduled off day.
 RobertinStages
Msg: 69
Posted: 10/19/2011 5:41:10 AM
Nap with the dog is just as good! LOL

I sooo sore today! I'm gonna push it and go in today .. I think.
 modivin
Msg: 70
Posted: 10/19/2011 8:20:40 AM
lol...my roommate said he is so sore he can barely move. So....looks like today I am going in....1 mile run -convert to 1 mile row....squats.....good day.
 CPRLADY
Msg: 71
Posted: 10/19/2011 12:12:44 PM
My sis lives in Ashburn modivin-small world
And sleeping in is good. Its your body telling you something. My pit-Pickles loves when I stay in. I am sore from the last several days of working out.

Since I am in competition mode, Crossfit is on hold for the next 3 weeks. Right now I am concentrating on bench/squat/deadlifts. Hoping to hit my marks and a possible PR in at least 2 of them. Does anyone use any supplements? I use Creatin and No-Explode when training-NO-EX, only when I am at 80% lift workouts.

Had a good w/o w/ trainer this AM for bench. Hit all lifts-yea-send good vibes my new POFs.

Be well and save. Go save a life today.

CPR LADY
 modivin
Msg: 72
Posted: 10/19/2011 12:17:35 PM
What I use for supplements are USANA products. I prefer cleaner over questionable. I remember switching from a couple GNC and other products I picked up at the gym and switched over. Huge difference.

Granted, I'm not bodybuilding but I know that the days I was burning thousands of cals cycling all day, I definitely could tell the difference recovery wise, by using the right things. Ironically, a cycling trip I went on my polar said I burned 10,000 cals over the course of 4 days cycling 260 miles.

And yes....sleep is always good. Especially when my sleep pattern is screwy...I'm in the process of adjusting my schedule to my new schedule. Hard but worth it.
 RobertinStages
Msg: 73
Posted: 10/19/2011 4:43:48 PM
I think everybody gets sore in Crossfit.. LOL. Thanks for listening to me ****. I have to get it out and then put on my BIG BOY SHORTS and hit hard again. Today, kettle ball and pull ups along with a GREAT full body workout. I can already feel my thighs crying the most this time around. hmmm .. I thought my butt would be sore cause I'm doing the kettle ball swing with good form and can feel it there. Pullups are really going GREAT! Yippee! Modivin, you gave me a great idea. I live on a lake and should probably try rowing on the lake when my legs are too sore for biking. I'm still outside and enjoying the weather too!

Pickles!!! lamo .. like the commercial? I used to have a pit/german shepard mix "Tux "for 17 years. The size of a shepard with the look of a bull. I miss him sooo much. And his mate, Aja a Chow/Boxer mix. CPR, when is your next power lifting competition and does it have a website we can track the events on?

Cycling has made me lose a lot of weight. With the weather turning bad and less cycling time I already gained 5lbs and climbing. No supplements for me.. maybe I should try some for a better recovery?
 modivin
Msg: 74
Posted: 10/19/2011 5:55:36 PM
What is your nutrition intake? Since you said you gained 5 lbs, that's why I asked.

Remember....if your legs are too sore...rowing won't be any easier. You should be using legs with that too!!
 RobertinStages
Msg: 75
Posted: 10/19/2011 6:49:42 PM
I WAS a terrible eater.. when my kiddo comes to visit I eat much better. I jumped on the scale a month ago and was withing 5lbs of my college wrestling weight.... without dieting! Yikes I thought.. so I'm cooking more and freezing it so it's easy to heat up after I'm tired from biking, working out etc.. I used to just lay down and go to sleep and barely ate the next day too.. and the pattern went on all summer long. I would eat once a day. Since that weigh-in, I started making some cookies, eating ice cream, and started having bread again with food. I don't count calories anymore.. WHY.. cause I don't have to.. LOL

I have an old StarCraft 12' foot heavy aluminum boat with three benches so you can't really use your legs.. all back and arms.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Cross Fit and Extreme event athletes?