Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Cross Fit and Extreme event athletes?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 modivin
Msg: 101
Cross Fit and Extreme event athletes?Page 5 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
YAY!!! FUN....pumpkin picking....just be sure to stretch out before bending I had a rude awakening this morning to moving my upper half....apparently abs are incredibly important lol
 RobertinStages
Msg: 102
Cross Fit and Extreme event athletes?
Posted: 10/24/2011 5:39:37 AM
Crap!!! Did you pull your abs or just sore? I got a full workout in yesterday and 18 miles on the bike... including a bunch of steep hills!!! Yippee! Today is supposed to be VERY NICE and gonna try and get in MORE!
 CPRLADY
Msg: 103
Posted: 10/24/2011 7:01:07 AM
You guys please be careful, don't over do it, than you get behind. You should be sore but not in pain.
I had a good bench/squat workout this AM. I am 2 weeks from my competition and the butterflies are starting to set in-

Be well. Go save a life today

CPRLADY
 modivin
Msg: 104
Posted: 10/24/2011 7:34:33 AM
Nooo...nothing like that. Just wicked sore!!
 RobertinStages
Msg: 105
Posted: 10/24/2011 4:18:24 PM
LOL .. I'm not sure what the difference is between being sore and being in pain. Maybe I'm just a whiner.. hee hee. TWO WEEKS!! Nice!

No bike today.. practiced pullups, toes to bar and kettle ball along with a good full body workout. I feel pretty good. Maybe I need only one day rest? ;-)
 modivin
Msg: 106
Posted: 10/24/2011 7:54:32 PM
Awesome! I know on the CF website the only rest day seems to be on Sunday.

One of my favorite movie quotes from G.I. Jane

Master Chief John Urgayle: Pain is your friend, your ally, it will tell you when you are seriously injured, it will keep you awake and angry, and remind you to finish the job and get the hell home. But you know the best thing about pain?

Lt. Jordan O'Neil: Don't know!

Master Chief John Urgayle: It lets you know you're not dead yet!

That and this one....

Master Chief John Urgayle: When I want your opinion, I'll give it to ya.

Which I happen to use every now and then and boy does it piss people off lol

And this one...

Master Chief John Urgayle: The ebb and flow of the Atlantic tides, the drift of the continents, the very position of the sun along its ecliptic. THESE are just a FEW of the things I control in my world!

I reallllly really like this movie.....but then again, I LOVE Navy SEALS. Have a few friends that are in and lived about a mile down from where they train. Nothing like seeing incredibly sexy men running down the beach first thing in the morning as I was running too....or sometimes just sitting on the beach with a fresh cup of java.

Think I'm missing San Diego a smidge.

CPRLADY
Msg: 107
Posted: 10/24/2011 8:51:48 PM
Dang modivin-
We don't get that here in good ole' Missouri-maybe I need to move. That pix in my mind would keep me def motivated. I loved San Diego-was there for a heart conference and we hung out w/ many FFD/SDPD and life guards-it was great training.

Wish I could control that.
 modivin
Msg: 108
Posted: 10/24/2011 9:36:00 PM
I completely understand CPR! I have spent my entire life on one coast or another before I moved to Chicago, spent 7 years there before moving to Iowa for Chiropractor school.

Looking at going to Cali early next year, possibly Feb to do TM with one of my girl friends.
And Tikal, Guatemala next December for a week.....

Tibet when I graduate!!
 RobertinStages
Msg: 109
Posted: 10/25/2011 4:17:04 AM
I love it modivin! It does feel GREAT to be ALIVE too! Thanks I REALLY needed that one. Graduate??? Chiropractor school?? NICE!! When do you graduate?

You are ladies are cracking me up.. I was watching the Crossfit Games last night on ESPN ALONG WITH the World Series and thinking.. WOW! These ladies are soooo HOT! Nothing like a great bod!

Sorry about your Cards CPR.. BUT if you think about it.. they are only two games away from WINNING IT ALL! GOOOO CARDS
 totalazzhole
Msg: 110
Posted: 10/25/2011 7:41:55 AM

Master Chief John Urgayle: Pain is your friend, your ally, it will tell you when you are seriously injured, it will keep you awake and angry, and remind you to finish the job and get the hell home. But you know the best thing about pain?

"pain is the sensation you feel when weakness is leaving the body" -heard that one a few times a reserves training lol
 modivin
Msg: 111
Posted: 10/25/2011 9:50:00 AM
"pain is the sensation you feel when weakness is leaving the body"

I heard that one all the time too!!

Robert...Glad I could help! There are a couple websites I go off of for motivation first thing in the morning.
Graduate..yes, Chiropractor school. I finished my prereqs and start the DC program next week. It takes 10 trimesters....so I say Spring 2015 is when I'll be done.
 RobertinStages
Msg: 112
Posted: 10/25/2011 4:43:38 PM
Good for you modivin!!! GREAT choice for your background/experience! I'm feeling A LOT OF WEAKNESS leaving my body today.. Pullups, toes to bar , abs, leg machines, lat pull down full hour very little rest between sets.. with 30 min run on the dreaded treadmill at the end. Treadmill wasn't that bad. I think I get into it for the winter. I really surprised myself.. I thought for sure I was going to be too sore.
 modivin
Msg: 113
Posted: 10/25/2011 5:08:31 PM
Yea!!! I'm super excited. My parents had no idea what the curriculum was like until I sent them the class schedule for the next 40 months of my life. They were shocked....I told them its no big deal. Its supposed to be hard and since I'm single with no kids, I can concentrate on school and working out and building my practice....that's it.

Little do they know I've been sucked in to the forums here lol

Sounds like you're doing really well with the routines! I've been resting the last couple days....low back soreness is no bueno
 RobertinStages
Msg: 114
Posted: 10/25/2011 5:17:37 PM
Honestly, they really gotta be PROUD! Mind and Body! YOU ROCK! .. .. I'm so glad you're sucked in to the forums.. :-) .. .. it's working for me! Thanks always!
 modivin
Msg: 115
Posted: 10/25/2011 6:36:49 PM
Well...they are parents. Nervous and were negative until I told them to stow it. So when I talked to them today they had nervous giggles...maybe realizing that their youngest has a brain and is using it to help the world with their health. I just hope they are around long enough to see me working with fighting politics, giving them the knowledge of why preventative medicine needs to be taken seriously if we want to help fight obesity and all the chronic diseases that go along with it...

And thanks Robert!!! Love having a cheerleader in my corner!

Some of the topics are hilarious....because there are some not so serious people and others who take their comments overboard....
Make sure you stay in touch over email if I happen too!!
 RobertinStages
Msg: 116
Posted: 10/25/2011 7:20:51 PM
The youngest with all the Spit and Fire of a Dragon!!! You are real deal and as a parent you have to just throw up your hands and say, "GO GIRL!!" lol Ignore the "others", whoever they are!!! I mean really.. what do they really matter in the grand scheme of things?

I LOVE TO CHEER! Hey.. my friend in Las Vegas took 13th in the Vegas Fit Wars. She is 38, I mentioned before, and hurt her shoulder in practice the week before the Event... The drama was unbelievable! Another friend was competing in an Ultra 100 where they run 100 miles.. she hurt herself a month before the Event and didn't think she could compete. She did the 100 but broke it up into two days instead of one. The workouts, drama and determination is WAAAAAAYYYY better than anything I could ever watch on TV. Seeing them go step-by-step .. just brings tears of joy. It's the GOOD STUFF!
 modivin
Msg: 117
Posted: 10/25/2011 8:03:55 PM
Man oh man that is A-MAZ-ING!!!!!!

I did a 250 mile bike ride over 4 days for charity and people thought I was nutzo!!

And Robert....I have too much drive to allow anyone to stand in my way. Period. And when I have days of letting doubt come near me.....I turn to words of inspiration, read one of the websites used by SEALS to share motivational quotes....you tube is also great for things to get me worked up!
Then I read my mission statement and that lights a flame under my rear end!

RobertinStages
Msg: 118
Posted: 10/26/2011 6:03:00 AM
Well I'll continue to be honest.. women like you motivate me! I see more drive and determination in women athletes than most men... including me! I thrive on inspiration and you give it to me girl! 250 miles!!! Damn.. I have to set new goals.. hee hee. I'm heading in again today.. very interesting cause I haven't hit this hard with little rest in like forever. I'm jumping at the bit! Yippee!!!!
 CPRLADY
Msg: 119
Posted: 10/26/2011 6:46:52 AM
Hi Everyone,
I have been so busy working and getting ready for comp I haven't had a chance to tip my hat off to all of you. Have to run again, have patients this AM, but update. Had a great bench/squat with finishing as many reps on each has I could today-so Bench 6 reps @ 125#s Max is 140# right now and squat 8 reps @145#s, max is 165# for now.
You guys keep me moving because you are kind and positive for my ego.
Thanks so much. Friday is deadlift day which my max right now is 248#s

CPR LADY.
 modivin
Msg: 120
Posted: 10/26/2011 7:06:34 AM
CPR

KEEP GOING!!!!!!!!! You are doing awesome!!! GO GO GO GO GO!!

Robert

"Well I'll continue to be honest.. women like you motivate me! I see more drive and determination in women athletes than most men... including me! I thrive on inspiration and you give it to me girl! 250 miles!!! Damn.. I have to set new goals.. hee hee. I'm heading in again today.. very interesting cause I haven't hit this hard with little rest in like forever. I'm jumping at the bit! Yippee!!!!"

Happy to help motivate! I'm in the process of waiting on my class schedule, will get it Monday. So, I know I will be planning each day out with whether I work out in the morning or afternoon. Geared towards afternoon, with waking up early in the morning to walk the dogs and make a healthy fruit/protein smoothie. I know with that routine I will be able to focus on cutting and creating more definition and dropping the rest of the unwanted lbs that have been hanging on since my car accident.
So, M-F will look like....get up, walk the dogs, shower, smoothie, walk to school (barring weather). Go to classes. If there is a break somewhere, come home, walk the dogs, go back to school. Work out a minimum of 1 hour unless its CF then sometimes those can take 20 minutes. Come home, walk the dogs, study, work on nutrition business, eat dinner, relax, walk dogs.
EXCITED!!!
 RobertinStages
Msg: 121
Posted: 10/26/2011 5:08:04 PM
NICE CPR!!!! That is some serious weight! I may be projecting right now and I've never been in a Power Lifting competition, but you aren't gonna push it too hard where you may hurt something are you? I hope not.

Modivin.. NICE schedule!!! You are definitely gonna see some results alright. Mind and Body! Any weight you wanna lose doesn't have a chance. Relax with the weight and pay it no attention. Being an ex wrestler I came to the conclusion that when you focus on weight it stays. If you do the right things, like I know you know how to, it just goes. It's been a little over two years and I lost 20 lbs. That weight is gone for good and my mind and lifestyle had enough time to get used to it. Think lifetime and NEVER get on a scale unless you think you are too thin.
 RobertinStages
Msg: 122
Posted: 10/26/2011 5:17:28 PM
Oh btw I did 35 min on the dreaded treadmill and doing a little better about not making it so dreadful in my mind. I'm really gonna need to practice running vs biking because most of the XFit WOD's involve running. Did pullups, abs, lats too. Total time 1 hour. Lower back is tired/sore but not hurt.
 modivin
Msg: 123
Posted: 10/26/2011 5:25:49 PM
Absolutely Robert! That is the same advice I give clients or people I work out with who are wanting to drop the ole lbs. If you focus on one thing and want the one thing gone, it will hang out, especially if you have negative talk.
My "problem" is most of my polish genes ended up in my bra...so I specifically go off BF% composition rather then numbers on a scale. For some reason, no matter what I'm doing, the girls upstairs don't go far. When I was in HS I had a low BF % but it was mostly in my bra.

What the goal is to have my pics submitted by my best friend who does photography...in a fitness mag and a couple websites.

RobertinStages
Msg: 124
Posted: 10/26/2011 5:34:37 PM
Ummm trying to be the best gentleman I can.. BUT.. THAT's NOT A PROBLEM! LOL.. You are very attractive and I wanna PROOF the pics! LOL.. NOW THAT's Motivation .. for me!
 modivin
Msg: 125
Posted: 10/26/2011 5:43:44 PM
LOL

Clean websites.....for my business as an aspiring Chiropractor but sure...I can email those to you.....NOT on pof though.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Cross Fit and Extreme event athletes?