Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Cross Fit and Extreme event athletes?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RobertinStages
Msg: 126
Cross Fit and Extreme event athletes?Page 6 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
LMAO .. I was thinking clean.. I think. I'll send you my email. Rest assure I am not a stalker.. I wonder if stalkers say that????
 modivin
Msg: 127
Cross Fit and Extreme event athletes?
Posted: 10/26/2011 6:06:02 PM
Stalkers say that as they are served the restraining order or being arrested for violating said order..

RobertinStages
Msg: 128
Posted: 10/26/2011 6:19:33 PM
LMAO.. ok.. I'll have to remember that!
 CPRLADY
Msg: 129
Posted: 10/26/2011 7:34:18 PM
Hey Robert-
My trainer is right there with me at all times. He is also a power lifter himself-second in state and a certified Crossfit trainer as well.
He actually thinks I can hit PRs in all 3 events-going to max my darndest on all 3rd attempts. But what he has taught me is this. I am only competing against myself. Who would have thunk it, a 54 y/o single Mom, whos' kid thinks she is cool. Life only gets better.

And Modivin.-Thanks for the icons love it and the positive words. As for your school sched, as a Mom , I am proud of you already. Enjoy the moments study hard, work hard, play harder for now-cuz that will change-ha- be respectful of yourself, we are not superhuman-know when to stop n break and breath.

Be well all.
CPRLADY
 CPRLADY
Msg: 130
Posted: 10/26/2011 7:36:47 PM
OMG LMAO-I can so relate modivin-guys really don't get that at all-honestly-my genes are Eastern European-g/parents are from Russia-
PS My girls moved out-ha.

Smiles to all
Be well

Go save a life

CPRLADY
 RobertinStages
Msg: 131
Posted: 10/26/2011 7:46:03 PM
LOL .. well "girls" are overrated! hee hee

DAMN! PR's in all 3! Now the Event is next weekend?
 CPRLADY
Msg: 132
Posted: 10/26/2011 7:52:36 PM
I knew that would make you chuckle.

Yep my meet is next weekend-but first I have a competitve co-ed Volleyball tourney this weekend.
Should be fun. I love playing and that is my first love. Have been playing since high school all the way thru to Nationals, to now senoir level-but this weekend I will be the oldest women playing with all these youngins. I am celebrating my 40th year in the sport.

Be well
CPRLADY
 modivin
Msg: 133
Posted: 10/26/2011 7:58:48 PM
Thanks CPR!! Very encouraging words. My parents read my Why do I want to be a Chiropractor essay along with my mission statement and I think it hit home. My Mom has had MS my entire life and she is part of my Why. I don't think she realized how much her life has affected my decision making. I'm determined to find something that will bring quality of life back to others, if it cannot be her.

Yea....I've had people on here call me "not athletic" because of my pictures not showing what I look like in a skimpy outfit standing. So creases in the green shirt, people who need glasses see that as rolls.....the only rolls I've been around are ones you bake. The one of me sitting down was during the moving process, wearing a ratty tshirt...and being a total sillyheart with friends. And the other two...work and I forget what else I have up...
basically....no posed pictures and certainly nothing in front of the bathroom mirror...I tend to swim opposite then 99.9% of people.
So..what that means is my bra is never padded. In hs I was a full 34 B and everywhere else had very little fat. Now...same thing with my legs...breasts...bigger....Irish/Polish/German ancestry...means I will always look younger then my age because of taking care of myself properly...and my girls...love me and I love them...so they are hanging upright and interestingly enough get a bigger appearance the more upper body work I do which I am ok with
 RobertinStages
Msg: 134
Posted: 10/26/2011 8:17:53 PM
Too cool CPR! Volley Tournament too! I'm sitting here almost ready to go into whiner mode about my back being like Jello.. probably RED Jello too. ;-D And then I listen to you two! This is the GOOD STUFF!

Modivin never never worry about "others". They are usually people who NEED to feel better NOT BY DOING BETTER but making others feel worse. They are bad medicine. You wear what you want and how you want to. You have a fantasitic reason and motivation to be the best Chiropractor there is. PERIOD.

I would love to talk about "girls" all night! LOL... you two are so damn cute!
 modivin
Msg: 135
Posted: 10/26/2011 8:34:51 PM
Oh heck no.....I don't care about what others think. Especially some of the insecure people on here.
Going in to the world of wellness, health, nutrition, and Chiropractic...hearing people call you names because they are uneducated and just don't know what they don't know....is what I've dealt with in my last job. So coming to a forum on a dating site...the last thing I would ever worry about is something I don't even take seriously. I just find the humor in the comments because it is clearly a lashing out because they can't say anything but what my tshirt looks like..rather then back up with an intellectual comment.

Anyways....the girls and I say night to you! Now, no crying in the morning!!!!!
 RobertinStages
Msg: 136
Posted: 10/27/2011 5:26:49 AM
Buh! .. I wanna whine. I really am tired more than anything. I have to get into today though.. my kiddo wants to meet me at the gym. Yippee!!

Oh.. btw.. I'm taking vitamin supplements for the last few days. A Mega Multi for Men from 21st Century, a "Daily Energy" CVS brand and two asprin. Seems to work.
 CPRLADY
Msg: 137
Posted: 10/27/2011 6:37:58 AM
You can whine anytime you want-vent or holler-thats what friends are for. I take a multi vitamin every day along with Fish Oil and Glucosamine/Chondroitin. Funny thing is I share the bottle w/ my pet Pit-Pickles she's older like me too.

Enjoy your workouts today one and all.
Be well and safe

CPRLADY
 modivin
Msg: 138
Posted: 10/27/2011 7:17:51 AM
Oh no!! You are totally throwing your money away on the supplements. Be very careful what you put in your body. The supplement industry is not regulated by the FDA so what goes in to each pill can be a number of things as fillers. Some even have traces of steroids, not sure which ones though.

Water Robert! Water!
 RobertinStages
Msg: 139
Posted: 10/27/2011 6:34:09 PM
Hiya guys! GO CARDS!!! I did drink more water today than usual and still focused on drinking more. I love that tip and need to do better. These supplements were ones I bought a long time ago. I guess that probably aint good either. Ok.. I hear modivin and gonna ditch them. They taste yucky anyway! Hey.. my kid has me eating only 6 oz of red meat a week now. Acutally 4oz she said 6oz is the max. So after the gym today we shot it all on a Wendy's 1/4 pounder. Yummy! The new burgers are good. We had fun in the gym and I showed her a set of machines that Crunch Fitness has for a good full body workout. She is new to machines and weights so we are taking it slow. I did a really light workout thank goodness!
 umm...Dave
Msg: 140
Posted: 10/27/2011 7:01:13 PM

Oh no!! You are totally throwing your money away on the supplements. Be very careful what you put in your body. The supplement industry is not regulated by the FDA so what goes in to each pill can be a number of things as fillers. Some even have traces of steroids, not sure which ones though.

Oh Modivin, I like you so much don't go ruining it like this.

Remember that the FDA are the people who allowed Vioxx out onto the market, and seem to not care that most anti-depressant RAISE the risk of suicide.

Attacking the supplement industry is very much like people attacking chiropractors who are only regulated by other chiropractors.

Some supplements are useful, others aren't. Fish oil and glucosamine/msm have been shown time and again to be helpful, yes quality can be an issue but if you buy from companies who have the cGMP stamp on them then you know what you are getting.
 modivin
Msg: 141
Posted: 10/27/2011 8:02:16 PM
Ok....understand how that would come across as attacking supplements. The supplements that Robert listed are not good supplements.

I am actually a firm believer in using them. I use them myself and they are part of my nutrition business which means I have clients that buy them from me......so I definitely believe in them. Its more the precautionary warning of buyer beware because there are many that are not ones you want to ingest. Most people I come across have no idea what it takes to make a supplement and have it sold to the public. Nor do they have any idea that the FDA has no part in it and make the assumption that anything they grab is ok.

So, hopefully this helps clear up the miscommunication on my part.

Robert...its probably best you do throw them out or at least check the expiration date.
 umm...Dave
Msg: 142
Posted: 10/27/2011 8:25:53 PM
Awesome, thanks for clearing that up, and please know that as I said way before, I have nothing but respect for chiro's they keep me doing what I love to do.
 modivin
Msg: 143
Posted: 10/27/2011 8:30:53 PM
Thanks sugar...I mean Dave

Its an amazing field and I cannot wait to be done with school. Knowing I am laying the foundation and putting the work in now will only make me incredibly successful when I open up....

Or work for a group of elite athletes...which I'm hoping is that one!
 RobertinStages
Msg: 144
Posted: 10/27/2011 8:39:12 PM
CRAP! 9th inning and Cards are down two runs... GREAT GAME though!
Hmm... ok supplements are good. BUT I really don't want to do much thinking in this department. BUT maybe I should. My thinking is this. I don't eat that much, but eating way healthier cause of my kiddo. Should I take a multi-vitamin or something? I'm 52. Workout hard and often. I'm wondering if I should be supplementing with something because of age and workouts? Especially because I'm getting ready for XFit and don't want to get sickly. Btw I rarely get colds or the flu
 modivin
Msg: 145
Posted: 10/27/2011 8:46:30 PM
That is a discussion we can have offline. I can email information to you if you want. But, yes....it sounds like there is some revising that can take place.
 CPRLADY
Msg: 146
Posted: 10/28/2011 5:08:57 AM
OK Gang,
Being in the healthcare field and a tiny little worker (working out ) bee-know what you put in your body.
Supplements are out there for a reason. Do your homework. Ask your Dr. friend (s).
As I stated earlier, I only take the 2 that I/ was reccomended for and yes my age/ history does play a part in that field. Never take old meds, the expiration date is there for a reason.
And Robert-waving my hand in your face-did someone tell you to take the aspirin?

Ps One week/one day from my comp-deadlifts today-finished at 191#s for 4 sets 2 reps each-picked my MAX lifts this AM-wowzer

Be well
Go save a life

CPRLADY
 RobertinStages
Msg: 147
Posted: 10/28/2011 8:44:03 AM
OMG!!! Way to go CPR! Holy Toledo .. you are gonna ROCK IT next weekend!

I take asprin cause it really does take my soreness and pain away. I do take a lot too. I hate to ask busines collegues for "free advice" so maybe I should see a doctor... WHICH I HATE TO DO! LOL I know if anyone is to recommend anything serious for me they need way more information on my health. I was just kinda hoping that I could take a few things that wouldn't hurt if I did. :-)
 modivin
Msg: 148
Posted: 10/28/2011 9:20:41 AM
Robert Robert Robert....

Pain is your friend. It is your ally. It tells you that you are not dead....

Other then that, please don't be one of the many who pop Advil/Tylenol like candy to help with whatever ails them....headache, muscle aches.....

Dehydration: Lack of water in your body.
Side effects: headaches, muscle aches/pains, and the list goes on and on.

Taking the medication, even if OTC, is not ideal for your body.

Primary things to look at
Diet
Fluid intake (type, frequency, quantity)

There are supplements to help reduce inflammation...Fish Oil..and taking a quality multivitamin is a benefit. NOTE: QUALITY....
I've had the pleasure of experiencing what an upset stomach feels like from taking supplements that lacked quality. What I use now, I don't have that problem and actually never felt better! I'm awaiting my order as we speak of fish oil and multi....yay!
 RobertinStages
Msg: 149
Posted: 10/29/2011 6:21:27 AM
I'm one who takes asprin like candy and I do want to figure out how to avoid it. I do not drink enough water AND duh.. I'm sure that's my answer!!! Thanks modivin! I'm not sure what it is about me that avoids it. STUPID really.

What brands of multi-vitamins and fish oil do you use?
 modivin
Msg: 150
Posted: 10/29/2011 8:19:51 AM
Think of your body in this fashion. When feel a something, that is your body making you aware something is going on. Medicating it, unless absolutely necessary and by that I mean, antibiotics for a bacteria infection; if in a serious car accident (etc) where your body is in a crazy amount of pain, muscle relaxers to help calm things (in the acute stage) down giving your body the ability to start healing....but not using the same drugs in the chronic stage.

If you have a headache there are a number of reasons why. Nerve interference is a big one. Dehydration and diet are the others.

For you, working out and building your muscles by working them and tearing the fibers for them to build further....sure you'll be sore. Hydrate (water), stretch before and after working out, don't work the same muscle group 2 days in a row, give yourself a day off in between....and yes, I understand the pain on day 2 is worse...but when you get the blood flowing through, unless you REALLY over did it...the pain should reduce when you do more activity with it. For me...cycling....if my legs are sore on day 2, I warm up cycling or running to get the blood flowing. It does..the acid build up goes away.

But water is a life saver....and flushes out Soooooooo much

The supplements I use are called USANA. Once I started using those, I have never wanted to go back to anything else. The way I see it, if Olympic athletes and pro athletes use them and are not popping on tests, etc then I know they're good for me
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Cross Fit and Extreme event athletes?