Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Cross Fit and Extreme event athletes?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 modivin
Msg: 176
Cross Fit and Extreme event athletes?Page 8 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
CPR you GO GIRL!!!! That is awesome!

Hope all is well for you both. I'm considering taking my profile down.....if I do, Robert has my email address. Stay in touch if/when you can. Would love to hear more about your PRs as you keep blowing it up big time!

Back to studying!
 unYOUsual
Msg: 177
Cross Fit and Extreme event athletes?
Posted: 11/7/2011 4:47:49 AM
CPR if you do weighted dips it will increase your bench press...
 RobertinStages
Msg: 178
Posted: 11/7/2011 4:57:29 AM
Keep up the GREAT work modivin.. kinda hoping you will keep posting BUT do what you think you have to do. I will keep in touch via email if you I don't hear from you. I had a GREAT week working out, WITH BIKING STILL!!! Should get up to the 70's by tomorrow so more biking to come! Yippee! I'm killing it on the pullups and kettleball. I gained five pounds BUT I think it was due to all the candy AND MAYBE due to all the water I have been drinking! No asprin and soreness is less even though I have been hitting it hard. GREAT TIP!!!!
 CPRLADY
Msg: 179
Posted: 11/7/2011 12:47:40 PM
Hey Gang,
Hope all is well.
OMG weighted dips great idea, we have been doing so many other things -will know add them to the routine.

Aw modivin, hate to see you go, but Robert knows how to keep in touch. Stay in touch if you can once in awhile. Thanks to all of you about my progress. Well keep you posted.

Be well and safe

CPRLADY
 RobertinStages
Msg: 180
Posted: 11/8/2011 4:38:29 AM
Did a quick Full Body workout yesterday with 10 machines Crunch Fitness has here to do just that. Also got in 12 miles on the bike. Should have had a rest day BUT just have to take in the warmer weather we are getting. Today should be in the high 60's maybe 70! Yippee! I'm going to try and get in 30 miles today. Tomorrow it's gonna be in the low 60's and Thursday is rain. Hmmmm looking like Thursday will be the rest day.
 RobertinStages
Msg: 181
Posted: 11/9/2011 4:21:05 AM
Got my 30 miles in!! Was going to try for 45 but the weather is supposed to be good today AGAIN.. Yippee! Going to go for another 30!
 modivin
Msg: 182
Posted: 11/13/2011 12:07:24 PM
Good job!!!!!!! I see both of you are kicking butt and taking names!!

I am going to be working with a personal trainer (free perk at school) a couple times a week and am setting an aggressive goal to work on.....love having someone in my face yelling...and bringing out the best in me. I can do it on my own but its more fun to have that extra push when you think you want to give up....and the person you're working out with knows you have the extra umph to get it done!!
I'll keep you posted on my progress
 RobertinStages
Msg: 183
Posted: 11/14/2011 2:23:07 PM
Please do modivin! I was hitting it way to hard and took a three day break. I had to. Today I was back and put in a good one. An hour and half! I take very little break between sets. Mainly worked upper body and some pullups. This week gonna hit the kettleball hard. I think it's the kettleball and all the bike riding (Last week 72 miles total) that done me in.
 modivin
Msg: 184
Posted: 11/14/2011 3:27:57 PM
Def need to alternate days!! Keep it up Roberto

I know I am going to be tracking my progress with my trainer and possibly with the AT for Rugby. I love seeing how I recover my strength over time. Sometimes forget where I started, which is why I am documenting how I feel now for comparison in 4-5 months. Also helps with marketing my nutrition line since there are many who are watching what I do and wanting to know the "secret" behind my youthful appearance, etc.
 RobertinStages
Msg: 185
Posted: 11/14/2011 6:48:44 PM
Very cool modivan. I wish I would have kept some kind of diary myself. But in your case it would be really smart to do so. What's this about Rugby?????
 modivin
Msg: 186
Posted: 11/14/2011 8:18:51 PM
Rugby? I play for school! I started practicing with the team a couple months ago. The season starts in the Spring but we start conditioning as a team in January.
 RobertinStages
Msg: 187
Posted: 11/15/2011 2:57:03 AM
Good for you! That will definitely keep you in shape. I wonder what type of conditioning they do?
 modivin
Msg: 188
Posted: 11/15/2011 2:51:45 PM
Cardio + power.....so, cross fit works well. We might work out at a facility for 2 months (6 days a week) that does a combo of plyo, upper/lower body, core strength, hot yoga, and one more thing.....maybe cardio....

But then again, we may just all work out together. Who knows......

Mainly its getting into better shape overall, working on speed and endurance. I know I'll be sticking with Cross Fit the days I don't work out with my trainer.
 RobertinStages
Msg: 189
Posted: 11/15/2011 5:14:57 PM
That sounds great! I just heard about Hot Yoga. The woman I heard it from swears by it. It's yoga in a hot room right? Had to take another rest day today. My workout yesterday must of been too hard... I don't get it cause its my knees that hurt and I barely worked them yesterday. I mainly did upper body. Last weeks cycling and lower body weight training must have really taken a bigger toll than I thought. I'm trying to alternate like you suggested so if legs arent ready tomorrow, upper body better watch out. Cause I'm wanting some endorphins! LOL
 modivin
Msg: 190
Posted: 11/15/2011 5:16:45 PM
I just met with my trainer.....1st work out session.....very very very happy I did not eat a heavy lunch or any traces of dairy. I was burping on my fish oil supplement when he was having me do sprint intervals on the spin bike.....

F-ing AWESOME butt kicking workout! LOVE IT!

Excuse me while I crawl upstairs to shower the cadaver + sweat smell off....we had our first gross lab today. First time I have seen a cadaver.....very interesting indeed. But the odor.....carries home with me like the perfume of a $2 hooker lol
 RobertinStages
Msg: 191
Posted: 11/15/2011 6:28:32 PM
LMAO!!! I'll bet you STINK!

F-ing awsome for sure! I know you been waiting to start kicking some butt in training before school started! WAY TOO COOL!!!!
 modivin
Msg: 192
Posted: 11/15/2011 6:34:51 PM
Oh yes....to me I was stinky but to my dogs they couldn't care.

Showered.....made a sexy dinner.....time to study. If I calculate it right, I ate rather clean today! About 5-6 servings of veggies and 2 of fruit....healthy fats....lean proteins....

And a helluva butt kicking stomping in the ground. The CF I was doing before school was great. But a one on one incorporation of CF and almost a Bob Harper type work out.....hell ya.....LOVE IT! It was also a "light day" so I know he is just as serious as I am.....elite athlete status coming up! Tough Mudder in 5 months with no problem would be awesome!
 RobertinStages
Msg: 193
Posted: 11/15/2011 6:47:15 PM
ABSOLUTELY! Enjoy the moment you earned it. I'm glad its a light one cause you don't wanna kill yourself yet. hee hee Good eating too. Yummy!

I just had a friend compete last weekend in the Tough Mudder here in NJ. There were 20,000 particapants. I can't wait to hear how you progress for this event! KEEEEEEP POSTING PLEASE!
 modivin
Msg: 194
Posted: 11/15/2011 6:53:07 PM
You got it! Although I was already working out (CF, cycling, etc) there is nothing like having someone come in and revamp your training.....in your face...one on one. New stuff....old stuff revised.....but fun...even if I almost chucked lmao

I'm going to my best friend's for Thanksgiving...so I will be sure to do progress through pics as well. I'm giving myself 5 months to be at a point that would be published in Fitness mag, etc...

I cannot wait to do TM! Have you done it before or any other extreme event? My roommate told me about GoRuck Challenge which also looks incredibly fun.

I may not post like I used to, but you know why. Speaking of...study break over! Talk to you soon Roberto!
 RobertinStages
Msg: 195
Posted: 11/15/2011 6:58:46 PM
Too cool modivin your enthusiasm is contagious so please post often. I have not done any extreme events and really kicked myself for not knowing about this Tough Mudder until after it happened. I saw his Facebook post. I really think I'm in shape to at least attempt one. Go study .. school too. Damn I feel proud of you.
 modivin
Msg: 196
Posted: 11/15/2011 7:14:03 PM
Oh...it is even more exciting then I imagined! I have brilliant doctors teaching our classes....and am looking in to possibly staying here a little longer (slight possibility)....two things that have my interest....staying on to receive a specialty in rehab/sports chiropractic and possibly research. Who knows...so many doors

The beauty of TM....it comes every year. Check out their website. I know they are coming back to NJ....if not somewhere in New England.

I swear...I will do my best to keep posting. You and CPR are the best!
 CPRLADY
Msg: 197
Posted: 11/16/2011 4:34:24 PM
Hey modivin/Robert,
Its been awhile. Miss talking to you guys. just caught up on all your happenings. You guys are shaming me, dang. What is this tuffmudder thingy? never heard of it.
Well I started back to Crossfit this Monday and today I met with my trainer. OMG-he kicked my butt and I am now feeling it-so bed is calling my name. We did 3 rounds of 50 squats/35 leg lunges than 65# 20-SDLHP. My goal is to drop #s before January. Its hard when you work long hours like I do. My eating sucks some days-so thats where I need motivation.
So keep posting all. I am passing on the next 2 PowerLift meets in Dec/Feb but will compete for State in March and Senior Olympics in May. training starts in January-so Cf for now.
All the best.

CPRLADY
 RobertinStages
Msg: 198
Posted: 11/17/2011 4:02:45 AM
Hiya CPR! I'm surprised you have time to train the way you do. That's awsome! My eating sucks too BUT really trying to get it on track. Just like the water, I have to make it a goal or I won't do it. So weird cause most people don't have problems with such basic things. Oh well.. nobody's perfect.

KEEP POSTING your workouts and feelings. Please? Misery and Happiness needs company. ;-) Oh almost forgot. Look up the Tough Mudder on the web. They have a site. I'm just learning about it too. It's very interesting. It's an obstacle course ot sorts and they claim its not just a race. Participants help each other at times through the course.
 RobertinStages
Msg: 199
Posted: 11/17/2011 5:33:36 PM
Had to take another rest day today. My knees are killing me from the treadmill. I ran for an hour and can't believe how bad my knees feel. A friend told me that treadmills are bad on the knees especially for men.
 CPRLADY
Msg: 200
Posted: 11/18/2011 5:58:26 AM
Yeppers Robert getting older is not for sissies.
Did a tough Crossfit today w/ my trainer. For time: 5 rounds of 12 Deadlifts @ 95#s, than 9 65# Power Cleans than 6 45# Push Presses-TIME overall 10:15, my best yet.

But I know my body will be barking back later. And tonite its off to dance than a volleyball tourney all day tomorrow-so check in w/ me by Sunday and see if I can still move.
Be well all
CPRLADY
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Cross Fit and Extreme event athletes?