Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Occupy Wall Street      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OyVay...
Msg: 1051
Occupy Wall StreetPage 43 of 53    (13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53)
Good point Irish, alas CALPERS clocked some serious losses due to CDO's. In fact it was alledged to be almost 100 Billion by 2009. A change in their risk assessment design in real estate, in 2002 led them to the edge of the cliff.

Again here is a case in point, of someone sitting on the sidelines, like a kid with his nose pressed to the window of the candy store. Then changing their conservative investment approach, to garner some of the gains, to only find themselves holding garbage instead of gains.
 Aries_328
Msg: 1052
view profile
History
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/8/2011 9:22:31 AM

Are you trying to tell me the unions have THAT much power, that they can out-vote the entire registered population of the state? Be that as it may be, this is about OWS

yes. A few years ago Governator tried a few changes that the unions did not like. At my daughters elementary school the teachers were outside the school handing out fliers and telling the children to tell their parents which way to vote.

They had discussions in class on the ballot measures and the lessons went one way... 'it's for the children'
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 1053
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/8/2011 9:50:28 AM
This is so bizarre. Is that really the spin that the right wing media is putting out? That the protest is that democratic participation is the problem?

CNN? Right wing..???

And your last drug screening was when?

No offense Viper, but CNN has been leaning right for a while now. They're like FOX light.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 1054
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/8/2011 9:57:19 AM
Ice, (And I can't believe this point has to be made, AGAIN) OWS isn't against making money, capitalism, or being wealthy.

But the current disparity between the workers and the takers is something like 300%. The very very rich have done very very well at the same time their financial Russian Roulette has tanked the economy, destroyed pensions, and shafted the American worker.

This was done by fraud, cheating and outright buying our elected representatives (I.E. Bribery). In short, the rich folks screwed the country, the middle class bailed them out, and they're walking away with OUR money, while we're getting the finger.

All OWS wants, what the middle and lower class wants, is an end to the corruption, an end to allowing the middle and lower class to be gouged and forced to pay for the gambling and fraud of the upper class, and return to our representative form of govt, not a govt that ONLY represents the rich. We fought a war of independance because we were taxed without representation, yes? When the politicritters only serve the rich, what do you expect us to do? Just quietly accept the shackles?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1055
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/8/2011 10:44:45 AM

CALPERS clocked some serious losses due to CDO's

Yep...The bank's bundled this craype into a nice safe investment and the rating companies gave them the ratings green light...BUT:

SAN FRANCISCO | Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:21pm EDT

(Reuters) - Fitch Ratings settled a lawsuit in which the largest U.S. public pension fund alleged that Fitch and other credit ratings agencies assigned unreasonably high ratings to special investment vehicles, according to a court document filed on Friday.

The California Public Employees' Retirement System (Calpers) sued Fitch, Moody's (MCO.N) and Standard & Poor's in July 2009, alleging that inaccurate ratings caused $1 billion of losses.

Fitch will make no payment under the settlement, Fitch spokesman Daniel Noonan said in an email on Monday.

Calpers spokesman Wayne Davis declined to comment on the terms of the settlement but said it will streamline the case against Moody's and Standard & Poor's.

"Calpers can still fully recover its damages if it prevails against Moody's or S&P," Davis said in an email.

Michael Adler, a Moody's spokesman, said the company continues to believe the lawsuit is without merit and that Calpers' claims will be dismissed.

"We are pleased that the plaintiff has finally begun to focus on the lack of evidence supporting its claims in this case," Adler said.

S&P spokeswoman Catherine Mathis said a previous court ruling established that ratings of SIVs are protected speech. Thus Calpers must demonstrate at an upcoming hearing a probability of success on its merits, Mathis said, and S&P will urge the court to find that Calpers has failed to do so.

Calpers' lawsuit focuses on structured investment vehicles, which are complex packages of loans and debt, including subprime mortgages and collateralized debt obligations, that banks assemble and then sell to investors.

The pension fund contended that it bought $1.3 billion of debt issued by Cheyne Finance LLC, Sigma Finance Inc and Stanfield Victoria Funding LLC, which were SIVs that had received "triple-A" ratings.

Calpers said these ratings were inflated and that it suffered heavy losses starting in 2007 when the investments collapsed in value as credit tightened.

"Fitch is pleased with the resolution of this case and the disposition reached with Calpers," Noonan said.

S&P is a unit of McGraw-Hill Cos (MHP.N) and Fitch is a unit of France's Fimalac SA (LBCP.PA).

The case is California Public Employees' Retirement Systems v. Moody's Corp et al, Superior Court of California, San Francisco County, No. 09-490241.

(Reporting by Dan Levine; Editing by Robert MacMillan and Steve Orlofsky)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/29/us-calpers-fitch-ruling-idUSTRE77S60H20110829

Still, OY...the way CaLPERS rebounded from these losses is pretty significant....wouldn't it be nice if other pension funds could find this kind of recovery.

Yanno...during the economic booms of the 90's...many municipalities and states stopped funding their pension funds...because the market rise's created surplus's in these pensions...only to find the market slump since 2001 has eaten away the syurplus's creating an underfunded condition.

Years ago...don't we always long for the past...anyway, years ago...a person worked for a company 30+ years till retirement...and then started recieving a pension...during these times...even the top executives had longevity within their companies...

Then in the 90's Microsoft forced their employes into cash balance plans...setting the wave of the future...no longer do employee's look for a pension...they have their wonderful 401K's to look forward to in retirement along with Social Security...

OOPs...wait a minute....who wants to take away Social Security....many companies have stopped 401K matching funds with employee's...market returns SUX...makes one wonder if anyone other than the 1% will ever be able to afford to retire.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1056
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/8/2011 2:59:33 PM

The hands down most liberal city in the USA kicked out the OWS`ers this morning

Seattle???

It really doesn't matter...worldwide the message from OWS has gotten across..."We're pizzed-off at the sytem, government/big-business, as it stands, and we're not gonna take it any more!"
 matchlight
Msg: 1057
view profile
History
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/8/2011 3:28:55 PM

BTW, The hands down most liberal city in the USA kicked out the OWS`ers this morning

What a shame. Nothing could have revealed what this President and his fellow statists are all about better than those stinky packs of ignoramuses. They were great advertising for Mr. Obama's opponents.
 Aries_328
Msg: 1058
view profile
History
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/8/2011 3:58:23 PM

..."We're pizzed-off at the sytem, government/big-business, as it stands, and we're not gonna take it any more!"

BS. You claimed we… There is no we.

If you were going to do something about it then it would start with reducing the size of government and clearing out the regulatory thief’s and make it a crime for congress to get rich off of stock while they are 'writing law'

Instead, you will close your eyes. Cry 'Foul' at every hint of 'unfairness' you find in society and declare that all things 'right wing' are inhuman evils and pay your taxes.

The only thing that will be done is government will get bigger and every unfairness you see will increase until something breaks from the pressure. All the while holding on to a fictitious construction called ‘we’ that for some reason think means people making under 250k a year.

You can’t fix corruption with corruption. Explain to me how it is commonly understood that a business can grow to the point where it has amassed too much wealth and influential power where its interests are only in its own growth but that same logic does not apply to government. The entire point of life that is ignored is that both corporations and government are run by human beings. Human beings are corruptible, incompetent, and weak. Give them massive wealth, power, and influence and they will f* it up every time.

I have a very real respect for the ‘social liberal’ concepts. They are necessary. However, what is not built into the social liberal ideals is when to stop. Just can’t seem to find a way to limit themselves and say, ok this is good enough.

Even for you. I respect your ideals and your intentions but just can’t figure out the logic that government, services, taxes, will ever fix anything that is perceived as being wrong from a financial and political power point of view. It’s nearly a genetic difference in understanding of reality.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1059
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/8/2011 4:25:51 PM

BS. You claimed we… There is no we.

Actually, yes there is WE...it is OWS..and people like me who find the disjointed OWS message has meaning...for me...so, yep...there's a WE just doesn't include "you."

The entire point of life that is ignored is that both corporations and government are run by human beings. Human beings are corruptible, incompetent, and weak. Give them massive wealth, power, and influence and they will f* it up every time.

Finally, "we" can agree on something....it is the people at the top of corporations and govenmetn that are greedy...apparently, enough is never enough...

what is not built into the social liberal ideals is when to stop.

Perhaps there are some liberal democrats that believe that government can do all for all...but, this is not the view point of a great number of democrats...yet, children, the infirm, elderly, and the destitute cannot rely on the good graces of the masses...thankfully, we've moved away from generational welfare...for many democrats this was deplorable....

If I were so foolish to run up my debt...and felt that I needed to do something about it...this is what I would do..and what I counsel many clients to do as well:

Reduce spending and pay more towards the debt...

But, the GOP answer to the national debt...which will destroy this great nation.....is to stop spending and reduce payment on the debt..(of course the payroll tax issue brings other topics to mind)...

What a shame. Nothing could have revealed what this President and his fellow statists are all about better than those stinky packs of ignoramuses.

Ah...the famous ad homien debater...adds value to the discussion.
 OyVay...
Msg: 1060
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/8/2011 4:29:26 PM
Let me explain something to everyone posting. Those of you who HATE the idea of OWS and all it represents. You should start by changing this aspect of your premise.

"If you were going to do something about it then"

This is the flaw with the concept on the right and left. I (for myself) would happily admit some liberal ideas went to far, or were flawed. If conservatives would admit that at times they were flawed as well. My point in quoting that line is simple, why is it "you were going to do"?

Everyone here on this thread(well in this country) had their pocket picked, their home devalued(some worse than others), while I'm not sure how many lost jobs, I'm fairly sure a few did, the rest may be working harder to make less. I'm sure some were lucky and suffered not at all. But all got nicked somewhere in the mess.

I will never understand those of you, who make 50K, or even 100K, who have a problem with the concepts being presented. If rules are broken, laws broken or abridged by corporate lobbyists, it's YOU getting screwed over, ALONG with us!

You long to embrace the conservative concepts of smaller government, without fixing what's broken before you see what you need. Have you forgotten that Bush was a conservative? He represented the very ideals you hold so dear. He didn't use them, he screwed you over by spending. Yes he had a democratic congress, but in the name of patriotism and giving into the special interests, they BOTH sold you out.

In the end it isn't "what are you going to do" so much as what are WE going to do, to fix it. When you and both parties learn that lesson, maybe some progress can be made. This thread looks like a xerox of what is happening in congress, and soon enough, we will all pay the price.
 Aries_328
Msg: 1061
view profile
History
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/8/2011 5:09:10 PM

I (for myself) would happily admit some liberal ideas went to far, or were flawed. If conservatives would admit that at times they were flawed as well.

Ok. Conservatives have deep flaws.
#1: Confusing the distinction between religion and law
#2: Not formalizing a clear nonpublic alternative to social services
#3: Interfering in foreign governments when our interests were not endangered

Wouldn't it make more sense to pull all of the healthcare industry aside and say, look****ads... The law is that you cannot deny coverage ever. Your rates will be limited. Dr's decide treatment. Prices should be set by market and not manipulated by contracts. Malpractice laws fixed up. You have X years to comply or you go up for auction for your competitors to take over you customers.

That whole second part I just made up on the spot so go ahead and call me an idiot.

The point is that we elected people to not back down and when they do they lie about it. So this is us that created the problem. And the problem is with the people elected and the reason they really hold office. I heard a comment yesterday. Politicans are the Rockstars of Ugly people. That is pretty accurate and sad.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 1062
view profile
History
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/8/2011 5:38:23 PM
Aries:

Are you trying to tell me the unions have THAT much power, that they can out-vote the entire registered population of the state? Be that as it may be, this is about OWS

yes. A few years ago Governator tried a few changes that the unions did not like. At my daughters elementary school the teachers were outside the school handing out fliers and telling the children to tell their parents which way to vote.

Are you claiming that the voters of California are so aimless and cowed, that they follow instructions from the Teachers union, as relayed by the children? Are you saying that YOU therefore voted as directed by the Union? This is what you are offering as proof of Union power? It seems that what you are ACTUALLY saying, is that all the people of California are entirely under the direct control of the kids.

I calmly suggest that this claim of yours is blatant nonsense.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1063
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/8/2011 5:52:52 PM
From my congressman:

Dear Irish,

For more than two months, men and women across the country have highlighted serious issues as part of the Occupy Wall Street ideology. They have spoken extensively about income inequality, jobs and the exorbitant cost of a college degree. Agree with them or not, one message that resonates loud and clear is that the spiraling cost of a college education is smothering opportunities for millions of young people across America.

Last week I spoke on the House floor about this crisis, and I wanted to share my thoughts and some facts with you. Today, the average student loan debt for a graduate is $25,000, but for many young people, a diploma can come with even deeper debt – more than $100,000 owed is not out of the ordinary. In fact, the exorbitant cost of college may actually be discouraging young people from pursuing higher education.
Remaining a global leader

Let's be very clear: the value of higher education is indisputable. Although our unemployment rate currently stands at 8.6 percent nationally, men and women who have pursued education beyond high school are employed at significantly higher rates. Once a leader globally in college graduation rates, the United States has now fallen to 12th internationally, according to the College Board. This does not bode well for our ability to compete internationally going forward. High-value jobs today and in the future are in hard sciences – areas of critical need that will drive our economy and keep our nation great.

When I first came to Congress in 2007, the Congress swiftly passed the College Cost Reduction Act, which boosted the Pell Grant program – the workhorse of higher education affordability. We passed the College Cost Reduction Act which infused new funding into the Pell Grant program after six years of level funding. We cut the interest rates for the Stafford student loan program from 6.8 percent to 3.4 percent, and we paid for every single penny of those expenditures by cutting the bank subsidies which were sucking Federal dollars away from families and students who need that critical help.

Last year we passed the Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act, again with a Democratic majority. The law put in place a cap on loan repayments of 15 percent of your discretionary income, and excused loan repayments after 25 years under the Stafford student loan program. Just a month ago, President Obama took the law a step further, limiting the discretionary income payments to 10 percent of income and lowering the forgiveness date to 20 years, from 25 years. This is an administration which gets it. This is an administration that understands middle class families with children who want to improve themselves and compete in their futures need that kind of assistance.

Prioritizing education

In April, the Republican House offered the so-called Ryan Budget – a plan that would have returned Pell Grant funding to 2008 levels. In Connecticut, that would have meant a 33-percent reduction in Pell Grant funding at UConn, from $12 million to $8 million. For an individual student, the average grant would have been cut by almost 20 percent at a time when tuition continues to rise.

At precisely the time we need to invest more in college education, slashing aid to those in need sends the exact wrong message. As always, if you have any questions or comments, or if I may be of assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Sincerely,
Joe Courtney
Member of Congress
 Aries_328
Msg: 1064
view profile
History
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/8/2011 7:03:59 PM

I calmly suggest that this claim of yours is blatant nonsense.

Are you going to cry?

I'm sorry but at what point is it ok for teachers in a public school to push political agendas on children. Maybe you would like it if they taught religion? You think its ok to politicize six year olds?

The problem is that their unions encouraged them to do it and they blindly comply or the get harassed. I bet you would piss your pants if they started handing out the theory of Reaganomics to bring home to papa. I am not talking about a class room discussion of viewpoints and theory. This was an elementary school pushing a political agenda.

I am not even sure if its legal.
 Aries_328
Msg: 1065
view profile
History
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/8/2011 8:14:50 PM

I haven't heard about teacher's telling kids to persuade their parents to vote. Sound like bs to me.

I get it. I can't prove it. It happened. It was wrong.

Still, as a republican elitist I have to know.. WTF is a 30 year old high school graduate that is a professional student that's an EMT?
 timetogo3223
Msg: 1066
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/8/2011 8:21:23 PM
Skootchie...

Wow!! Look at the republican elitist go.
Gonna be hard to pin the "elitist" tag on the left this time when all republicans care about are the elites. Try to raise taxes on the rich and reps go ballistic. Raise them on the middle class, and they're all for it.

I am so glad you brought this up. Isn't it just time enough to make everybody pay their fair share, including the 47% of the population that pays in income tax? Thought so. Here is my solution, Skootchie, buddy. Let's assume that all money earned belongs to the government. I think you can accept that. Then, let's have the government give us all an allowance and even things out. What'cha say? Let's have everybody making the same as determined by the government. Won't that make it fair? After all, how can one determine what is a "fair share" only for the "rich" to pay? Too damned complicated. Let's just make it a one layer cake.

I don't know how this republican party is going to continue to be a valid party. I think it's hilarious that Republicans have lost their boner for Reagan. They were all amorous over the guy until they actually realized he wasn't radical enough for them. Reagan was more of OWS kind of guy and thought the income inequality was ridiculous. Leave it to republicans to pin up a hero without knowing anything about him. Reagan is rolling over in his grave looking at how greedy and unpatriotic his party has become.

The demise of the Elephants should give any good Dem A s s a real thrill. Perhaps even a "boner" if most lib-progs had any of the right equipment. Why the concern, ole Schooch over the end of the GOP? This screed makes no sense.

And, yes, all good Elephants realize that Reagan was a socialist at heart and thought that income inequality was for the Japanese or some other capitalistic country. He just had a strange way of expressing his collectivist views. "Great Communicator", yeah, right. We know that title belongs to Obama's teleprompter.

Reagan's ghost is giving high fives to Obama and the Dems at this very moment. (Pause to look), and finds no problem with the greed of government wanting more and more of a person's blood and toil. I think old Reagan's even got a drum and he's banging on it, OWS style.

This analysis should be sent to the NYT and an audio sent to MSNBC, where it will find a collective of nodding bobble heads and hearty agreement.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1067
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/8/2011 8:31:33 PM

I'm sorry but at what point is it ok for teachers in a public school to push political agendas on children. Maybe you would like it if they taught religion? You think its ok to politicize six year olds?

Ok...I get it...you read what's in the news...here's the facts....no teachers are allowed to hand out political leaflet's on school property...therefore, the only children they were handing out the leaflet's to and telling what to vote on were the 3 kids that walk to school...the rest were bussed to school property.

I am so glad you brought this up. Isn't it just time enough to make everybody pay their fair share, including the 47% of the population that pays in income tax? Thought so. Here is my solution, Skootchie, buddy. Let's assume that all money earned belongs to the government. I think you can accept that. Then, let's have the government give us all an allowance and even things out. What'cha say? Let's have everybody making the same as determined by the government. Won't that make it fair? After all, how can one determine what is a "fair share" only for the "rich" to pay? Too damned complicated. Let's just make it a one layer cake.

what a pile of crapola.

and it was very uncomfortable picking her up.

This must have been the after school programs...cause...teaches rushing out of the building to put kids on buses with leaflet's in hand is ...well, not logical...and btw...my sister was a teacher in CA at the time...and she never handed out anything but detention.

wanting more and more of a person's blood and toil

You mis-spoke yourself...it was corporations you were speaking of...
 Aries_328
Msg: 1068
view profile
History
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/8/2011 8:33:41 PM
^^^ I'm serious.. It was my daughters school and it was very uncomfortable picking her up. I was bombarded... Sorry it didnt' make the news. I really did try to find some mention of it. I had no idea it wasn't everywhere. It felt like it. It was the night of the election. It was a madhouse.
 timetogo3223
Msg: 1069
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/8/2011 9:08:09 PM
Bigbad...

what a pile of crapola.

Crapola -- that's what the Occupy Drum Bangers wallow around in -- as well as some of my favorite lib-prog posters. Be sure to wipe before coming in on any conversations, BB.

Tis a fact that 47% (that's almost half, for those who use big words like "crapola") do not pay federal income taxes. How bout they pay some and make it "fair". It's time to tax the poor so they know what the rich and the other 53% feel like.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 1070
view profile
History
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/9/2011 1:12:46 AM
I guess it would be horrible to have teachers who promote the idea that voting is a very American thing.

You're right Skoochie..the ad homenims are inevitable when the occupy haters have nothing. TTG seems to have been on here over the years with several different persona, usually obsessively focused on labels..ie "drum bangers" this time, obsessing about the less than 1/100th of 1% of the 99% who actually banged a drum.

The thing is we have all been suckered into the blame game, distracting both those who have suffered from the economic meltdown and those who will eventually feel the effects in the IGM (I Got Mine) movement. The OWS movement is causing ripples already in the push to rescind corporate "personhood", Occupy houses to prevent people being unlawfully foreclosed on, drawn attention to militarization of police forces and ensuing police brutality against citizens, elevated the discussion about the plight of the long term and newly unemployed left behind in this economy, the pervasive rot and ethical meltdown of the banking system, and the culpability of the whole financial system itself in this economic meltdown. The world is now taking on the global financial system that has fed the ballooning economic disparity that is occuring. They are also bringing people back into the fray who had lost hope and given up, giving hope that with enough involvement, that citizens might reclaim their rights and governance.

On a side note, Ratigan's Rant was pretty right on and is being noticed as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIcqb9hHQ3E
Ratigan explains his rant in a slightly calmer tone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bBQ6MAffyE&feature=related
 VGLGuySksFun
Msg: 1071
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/9/2011 7:06:53 AM
^^^^^^^ precisely... and what does that tell us all about what we've done as a society in this country?

Those that criticize OWS would like you to believe that one individual or a small group with a specific political agenda is behind it all. They need to personalize it and target an enemy because if all these OWS people have a legitimate complaint, then the entire process we've been implementing for years is wrong.
 Aries_328
Msg: 1072
view profile
History
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/9/2011 8:09:19 AM
wow skooter

You're drawing on your imagination and vomitting fantasy all over this thread

I guess I should be flattered that you’re so passionate over my thoughts. I'm guessing you have some point that you would like to make. Maybe your own thoughts on what any of this means? I don't know... maybe a point?

And for the last time... I understand not believing it. I can't prove it. And acknowledge that after searching for myself it was not what it felt like... Unlike others I am capable of changing my opinion. My one experience left an impression that was not reflective of the whole.
 OyVay...
Msg: 1073
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/9/2011 8:58:24 AM
So did anybody catch Corzine's testimony? Funny nobody mentioned that on here, since it relates so well to the OWS cause.

I had an opportunity to watch a couple of hours worth. Interesting, seems he came off (at least to me) as never having heard of MF Global!! A lot of "I don't remember"s, "I don't have access to my notes", "I never intended..", etc etc.

Funny now, I doubt his memory is as bad as he made it sound, or how did he rise to run Goldman Sachs? How do you say "plausable deny-ability"!! Or if I didn't know, I couldn't have done it. Everyone else did it, I din't do it!! The dog ate my homework, my wife made me late, the kids were too loud!! Hahahaha!!

And still, they weren't half as hard on him as they should have been. Seems they only want to stick it to those trying to help and not one of their brothers who got caught!
 Aries_328
Msg: 1074
view profile
History
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/9/2011 9:34:13 AM

did anybody catch Corzine's

Did anyone else catch that he is on the Bilderberg’s list???

Why does it seem like I'm the only one that happens to notice that almost everyone involved in all of this financial crap is on that list. Newt suggests John Bolton for Secretary of State... Guess where you can find him...

It's not ok. Two manufactures of LCD screens or Wireless carriers are not allowed to sit in closed meetings to discuss the market... But it's somehow ok for everyone at the top to hang out and discuss 'relevant topics' :)

Ok, I will stop mentioning it. Even though it is the actual 1% and not a mythical one... Sigh... There goes my imagination again.
 Aries_328
Msg: 1075
view profile
History
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/9/2011 12:46:29 PM
So, what would people think of a compromise that looked a bit like this:

Federal government cut taxes drastically across the board and allow the states to pick up more responsibilities. If federal taxes were cut by 15% and state taxes were increased by 10% how would that change the balance of power?

That would reduce the federal government, give the states more authority and capital to address issues and put control back to the local level where now people get to vote on how they want their state run.

We can vote on state initiatives...

?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Occupy Wall Street