Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Occupy Wall Street      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 1095
Occupy Wall StreetPage 47 of 53    (13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53)
I know the right in your country doesn't see the right wing bias in the media. They keep trumpeting how left wing it is. But the fact is that none of the issues important enough to bring people from all over the country into the streets got any coverage before the protests. That demonstrates a bias in what stories get covered. On the other hand, fewer than a dozen people could gather in a "Tea Party" protest somewhere and their concerns got extensive coverage.

Lets go back to the massive protest in Seattle over a decade ago now. Did you hear about it before it happened? Do you know what their concerns were? Literally hundreds of thousands of people came from all over the country without anyone in the mainstream media having the slightest notion it was happening. And their concerns weren't explained at all.

Compare that to the Tea Party. Widespread coverage for months beforehand, ginning up involvement. Fewer people across the country, much less in one place at one time. Yet we heard ad nauseum all about what they wanted and one of the major parties is now beholden to them.

Global warming is as much an issue of dispute as the Holocaust. Yet while we don't see Holocaust deniers given equal voice on CNN, any discussion of global warming includes someone (usually more than one) who claim that the world scientific community is actually an evil cabal who are secretly plotting to bring down capitalism and America.
 OyVay...
Msg: 1096
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/14/2011 11:42:13 AM
halftime, your talking about the demonstrations at the WTO meeting. You notice they no longer meet in the USA.

Besides all that, most right wingers don't even know who this is!

As for Time having seen "better days", gee I guess a circulation of 20 million (largest in the USA) is bad? Funny, if they wrote about a right wing cause being center stage, we would be hearing it out the a..! Hahahaha!!

Gotta luv the folks who want to minimalize what has happened!
 OyVay...
Msg: 1097
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/15/2011 9:51:03 PM
Hmmmm, absurd??

The fourth was held in Qatar, the fifth in Cancun, the sixth Hong Kong, the seventh and eigth were in Geneva in fact the 7th was in 2009 and the 8th is going on as we speak.

Now call me crazy, but none of those were here in the USA. For that matter the mini meetings were held in Geneva, Paris and Potsdam germany.

Do you really believe after what they have accomplished in the last 16 years, in terms of jobs, the WTO will meet here in this country, in this current job and political climate?

Frankly pointing out the number of countries seems absurd, since outside of the roughly 10 industrial leaders, home to the multi-national companies who's interest the WTO represents, most of them are merely labor for REAL cheap.

Now THAT'S absurd!
 hoopsnhikes
Msg: 1098
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/17/2011 8:31:45 AM

You're right Skoochie..the ad homenims are inevitable when the occupy haters have nothing. TTG seems to have been on here over the years with several different persona, usually obsessively focused on labels..ie "drum bangers" this time, obsessing about the less than 1/100th of 1% of the 99% who actually banged a drum.

Is that % higher or lower than the % of the Tea Party who have ever actually "tea bagged"? Because I have passed through both Tea Party and OWS gatherings, and have seen drum banging at the latter, but never any tea bagging at the former. But you've never seemed to have a problem with resorting to the ad hominems and labels for the Tea Party that you now appear to be condemning when it's done to the Occupiers.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 1099
view profile
History
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/17/2011 11:28:17 PM
I saw an article claiming that CEO pay has gone up by over 30% during these recent hard times, IE since the 2005 collapse. This indicates that the total disconnect between pay for the people at the top of the corporate ladder continues to have NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with the health or accomplishments of the companies they are responsible for.

One more good reason for SOME sort of protest or opposition against such.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 1100
view profile
History
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/17/2011 11:54:32 PM
I really don't understand why a group would call themselves the "tea party" after the Boston tea party which was based on an anarchist revolt movement against their government. I don't think whoever came up with that name really didn't think that name through clearly. lol
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 1101
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/18/2011 6:33:49 AM

I saw an article claiming that CEO pay has gone up by over 30% during these recent hard times, IE since the 2005 collapse. This indicates that the total disconnect between pay for the people at the top of the corporate ladder continues to have NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with the health or accomplishments of the companies they are responsible for.

One more good reason for SOME sort of protest or opposition against such.
Sorry Igor, but there is a difference between Salary and Compensation package, the Directors who also answer to Shareholders are the folks that decide how much a C.E.O earns.

In business, success requires long-range thinking. CEOs must project a strategic game plan in terms not merely of a month or two, but of years and decades,Success is impossible without the business acumen of its CEO.

In order to be successful in the long range, the CEO's strategy must encompass countless factors, He/She must devise a plan to grow the business in the face of competitors, not only from within their own Country, but from any and every region of today's global economy.

The CEO calls the plays for a team of tens (and sometimes hundreds) of thousands of workers. All of the actions of every employee and every aspect of the business must be coordinated and integrated and has to answer to Shareholders that DEMANDS that the company they invested in earns them PROFITS.

You may think that they are overpaid, and rightfully so , I believe some are and dilutes value from the Company ,Employees and Shareholders, I for one think they should eliminate stock based compensation but that is another topic.

Its funny that some of these OWS protesters are not upset with their local sports teams, Lets take the Yankees, how many players earn more than 4 million dollars on that team? we wont even discuss the Knicks, Rangers, Mets and Jets teams.

Nobody is protesting Micheal Vick salary and his compensation, tell me how many Jobs Vick created ? yeah he's a quarterback of a once proud franchise but does he really put bums in the seats like a Brady, Manning etc.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 1102
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/18/2011 7:02:22 AM

You may think that they are overpaid, and rightfully so , I believe some are and dilutes value from the Company ,Employees and Shareholders, I for one think they should eliminate stock based compensation but that is another topic.

I think that is the topic.

It does not matter what someone makes, but what does matter is if they pay the same share as everyone else.

With allot of the CEO's they report small to no salaries yet still still report capital gains from those stocks, and thus pay a much lower rate on that money coming in.

In the late 70's people payed close to 40% on capital gains, but now it is closer to 22%.

This is one of the reasons governments are running out of money and the poors should not be left holding this burden.
 watchjoe77
Msg: 1103
Occupy Wall Street,@paul k
Posted: 12/18/2011 7:21:29 AM
your a freakin nut.the bill of rights is something all americans deserve and no ocw will change it.and most gun enthusiast already have plenty so come on and take them anytime..and nothing is free,asking for "free"college well to do that the government would have to force more taxes,so you and your friends could go to college?nope wont happen .EVER,you most likely try to make fun of the tea party,well they dont mess outside ,destroy puplic or private property and protest in a peacefull manor ,don't think for a moment they cant do more
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 1104
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/18/2011 7:54:59 AM

This is one of the reasons governments are running out of money and the poors should not be left holding this burden.
I'm not sure If I agree with that,The US Government isn't, running out of money The Treasury could print money to pay its bills, and the Fed sells its Treasury holdings, think of it as a " overdraft" Its a little complicated to explain in a thread.

But basically The White house almost certainly enjoys unlimited overdraft protection from the Federal Reserve because there is almost zero, nada,bupkis, goose egg chance the Federal Reserve would ever bounce a check written by the White house.

So the question should be Would having the Fed credit the account of a bank that presented a check on the U.S. Treasury Department's empty account amount the occurrence of new debt in violation of the debt ceiling?

You can discuss this with any Lawyer, Economics Professor, Economists No one is sure of the laws about this? The law is not exactly clear on this point.

The debt ceiling applies to the principal amount of obligations issued under Chapter 31 of Title 31 of the U.S. Code( you can download it to read it, warning its a BORING read), so to simplify it.......... Treasury notes and bills and the other standard kinds of government debt and the "face amount of obligations whose principal and interest are guaranteed by the White House" But overdrafts on the Federal Reserve wouldn't be Treasury's and they aren't explicitly guaranteed by the White house,They're more like unilateral gifts from the Fed's

And to make things worse , The Treasury is allowed to accept gifts that "reduce the public debt." Since these overdraft gifts from the Fed would allow the government to spend without incurring additional debt, it seems very plausible to argue that this kind of extension of U.S. credit would be permitted under the debt ceiling, and to that I say You want more of these geniuses to run the government? This is why I'm not a fan of any party, democrats, Republicans, tea party who ever, they are all the same.

This is why Ive said earlier, OWS protesters "you are angry at the wrong group".

Sorry for the long winded post , I told you it wasn't easy to explain.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 1105
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/18/2011 8:02:49 AM
None of that is true.

The Fed can't cover the spending of the US government. That literally is "printing money." Okay, metaphorically printing money, but it's still true.

If that ever happened the US dollar would be worth far less than the Mexican peso overnight. The economy would collapse, hyper inflation wouldn't describe it - it would be warp drive inflation.
 swingarm1966
Msg: 1106
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/18/2011 8:15:54 AM
The IMF was created at the United Nations in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, July 12, 1944. Per Title 22, Section 286 U.S. Code, the U.S. became an IMF member in 1945.

Richard Standring followed checks naming the IRS as the payee.Check it out for yourself.

http://www.famguardian.org/PublishedAuthors/Indiv/StandringRichard/RichardStandring.htm

He claims the checks go to the private Federal Reserve bank. Then the money goes to the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development and is deposited into what is called a quad zero account. It is from this account that IRS tax refunds are distributed (per 22 USC 286 and 31 CFR 11, section 214.7). Whatever is left over is transferred to the IMF. Then the money is redistributed among countries throughout the world—including the U.S.—in the form of loans. These loans must then be paid back to IMF bankers at interest.
According to the U.S. Bureau of the Public Debt, in 1984 Americans were on the hook for $1.663 trillion . Twenty seven years later the debt has increased check it out here
http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Lloyd Bentsen held the following positions at the same time he was Secretary of the Treasury:

1. U.S. Governor of the International Monetary Fund,
2. U.S. Governor of the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development
3. U.S. Governor of the African Development Bank,
4. U.S. Governor of the Asian Development Bank,
5. U.S. Governor of the African Development Fund
6. U.S. Governor of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
Mr. Bentson received a salary from each of these organizations which literally made him an unregistered agent for several foreign powers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lloyd_Bentsen

Treasury Secretary does not work for the United States
http://ppjg.wordpress.com/2009/03/24/treasury-secretary-does-not-work-for-the-united-states/
 swingarm1966
Msg: 1107
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/19/2011 9:16:25 AM
THE SHOCKING TRUTH OF THE PENDING EU COLLAPSE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPcWHBPYOSU

European Stability Mechanism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Stability_Mechanism

T H E E U R O P E A N S T A B I L I T Y M E C H A N I S M pdf article
http://www.ecb.int/pub/pdf/other/art2_mb201107en_pp71-84en.pdf
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 1108
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/20/2011 6:23:04 AM
Occupy and Anonymous: Challenging the World Order of Corporate Imperialism

By Gilbert Mercier

NEWS JUNKIE POST
Dec 19, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Some people are under the illusion that national borders still matter. If they do for the global 99 percent, borders have become completely obsolete for the 0.01 percent global corporate, governmental, and financial elite controlling world’s affairs. Currencies and products flow at lightning speed between all the markets. Today, a prince from Saudi Arabia, Alwaleed Bin Talal, announced a $ 300 million investment in the social media site Twitter, he is also in the process of starting his own TV network. The Saudis and the Chinese are buying farm land all over the world while Wall Mart will be opening stores in China.

Naturally, this world order of corporations has been made at the expense of the 99 percent. Companies take their manufacturing operations where ever labor is cheap and preferably not organized. The countries with strong unions end up losing countless good paying jobs while the work opportunities migrate to parts of the world where products can be manufactured for a small fraction of the cost. Anti-globalization activists have been aware of this for a long time, but until now, they have fought a losing battle. Some anti-globalization activists see national market protectionism as a solution. But it is unrealistic and shortsighted. In fact, it would make matters even more difficult for 99 percent of the world population. We are dealing with a global problem, and only a global strategy to fight the corporatist world order has a chance to succeed and, down the line, offer a worldwide solution.

Chronologically, credit has to be given to Julian Assange’s Wikileaks for exposing the lies of countless governments and corporate entities. Wikileaks and their Anonymous allies, by shinning the bright light of truth on secrets and misinformation, lifted the veil on how a majority of people have been deceived by the powerful for decades. Without this global catharsis, made possible by the global information revolution, it is unlikely that the Arab revolution would have begun a year ago in Tunisia. But Wikileaks and Anonymous’ virtual cyber war on behalf of the truth and against our current world order of corporate imperialism had zero chance to succeed without a massive involvement of people in the real world.

Wikileaks seeded the revolutionary process on line, but the Arab Spring provided the guts and blood to make it grow by challenging dictatorial rulers and their military and police apparatus. While Egypt’s revolution is still a work in progress, it is undeniable that its global geopolitical impact has not only changed the complete Middle-East, but is also echoing everywhere else, including in the United States. Egyptian activists gave their support and spoke to the Occupy movement in the US when it started three months ago. Egyptian revolutionaries are fully aware that they have, by example, inspired the Occupy movement.

Now it is still a matter for the various branches-either local, regional or national- of the Occupy movement to connect the dots and coordinate specific actions. It is also an issue of defining a global platform of what could be a sustainable world governance by the 99 percent for the 99 percent. But Occupy and Anonymous activists should keep in mind that time is “of the essence” in this epic global fight ahead. The world order of corporate imperialism has military and police on its payroll, either private or public, and they will do whatever it takes to maintain the status quo. In the United States some new “legal” tools of repression in the form of the NDAA and SOPA are about to be implemented which would make America a de facto police state. This type of coercive legislation is likely to be copied elsewhere. This assault on civil liberties, basic human rights, and personal freedom which such legislation represents must be fought quickly, smartly and globally by the Occupy movement and their allies of Anonymous. The global 99 percent have the critical advantage of number, but they are outgunned by the mercenaries of the 0.01 percent.

http://newsjunkiepost.com/2011/12/19/occupy-and-anonymous-challenging-the-world-order-of-corporate-imperialism/
 swingarm1966
Msg: 1109
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/20/2011 1:36:30 PM

In the United States some new “legal” tools of repression in the form of the NDAA and SOPA are about to be implemented which would make America a de facto police state. This type of coercive legislation is likely to be copied elsewhere. This assault on civil liberties, basic human rights, and personal freedom which such legislation represents must be fought quickly, smartly and globally by the Occupy movement and their allies of Anonymous.

"make America a de facto police state" Oh i think that day came quite sometime back.

De Facto...what is the difference between de facto and de jure? Hmmm..Both are legal terms, though seldom used in normal circles.
From Webster's Dictionary:

de jure [no definition, see de facto]

de facto. Actually; in fact; existing; as a king de facto, distinguished from a king de jure, or by right.

Black's Law Dictionary, 5th Edition

de jure. Descriptive of a condition in which there has been total compliance with all requirements of law. Of right; legitimate;
lawful; by right and just title.

de facto. In fact, in deed, actually. This phrase is used to characterize an officer. A government, a past action, or
a state of affairs which must be accepted for all practical purposes, but is illegal or illegitimate.
 swingarm1966
Msg: 1110
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/21/2011 6:25:34 AM
So there is no evidence of the USA being a police state? Why are you so hostile Mr Flick? You asked me the other day why I care what goes on in the USA, that the contitution is not my concern. Yet you seem to be interested in the USA too? interesting...I love you my Canadian brother
 swingarm1966
Msg: 1111
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/21/2011 8:30:32 AM
PRESS RELEASE TORONTO, ON., CANADA- 19/12/2011

ECONOMIC THINK TANK CONFRONTS THE GLOBAL FINANCIAL POWERS IN CANADIAN FEDERAL COURT.

RESTORE THE USE OF THE BANK OF CANADA FOR THE BENEFIT OF CANADIANS AND REMOVE IT FROM THE CONTROL OF INTERNATIONAL PRIVATE ENTITIES WHOSE INTERESTS AND DIRECTIVES ARE PLACED ABOVE THE INTEREST OF CANADIANS AND THE PRIMACY OF THE CONSTITUTION OF CANADA

Canadian constitutional lawyer, Rocco Galati, on behalf of Canadians William Krehm, and Ann Emmett, and COMER (Committee for Monetary and Economic Reform) on December 12th, 2011 filed an action in Federal Court, to restore the use of the Bank of Canada to its original purpose, by exercising its public statutory duty and responsibility. That purpose includes making interest free loans to municipal/provincial/federal governments for “human capital” expenditures (education, health, other social services) and /or infrastructure expenditures.

The action also constitutionally challenges the government’s fallacious accounting methods in its tabling of the budget by not calculating nor revealing the true and total revenues of the nation before transferring back “tax credits” to corporations and other taxpayers.

The Plaintiffs state that since 1974 there has been a gradual but sure slide into the reality that the Bank of Canada and Canada’s monetary and financial policy are dictated by private foreign banks and financial interests contrary to the Bank of Canada Act.

The Plaintiffs state that the Bank of International Settlements (BIS), the Financial Stability Forum (FSF) and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) were all created with the cognizant intent of keeping poorer nations in their place which has now expanded to all nations in that these financial institutions largely succeed in over-riding governments and constitutional orders in countries such as Canada over which they exert financial control.

The Plaintiffs state that the meetings of the BIS and Financial Stability Board (FSB) (successor of FSF), their minutes, their discussions and deliberations are secret and not available nor accountable to Parliament, the executive, nor the Canadian public notwithstanding that the Bank of Canada policies directly emanate from these meetings. These organizations are essentially private, foreign entities controlling Canada’s banking system and socio-economic policies.

The Plaintiffs state that the defendants (officials) are unwittingly and /or wittingly, in varying degrees, knowledge and intent engaged in a conspiracy, along with the BIS, FSB, IMF to render impotent the Bank of Canada Act as well as Canadian sovereignty over financial, monetary, and socio-economic policy, and bypass the sovereign rule of Canada through its Parliament by means of banking and financial systems.

A press conference will be held on Wednesday, December 21st, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. to answer any questions the media may have of the Plaintiffs at: 637 College Street, Suite 203, Toronto, Ontario.
 swingarm1966
Msg: 1112
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/21/2011 2:37:15 PM
LOL

William Krehmer, the 93-year old Trotskyite & professional sh1t-disturber? nothign better to do with his limited time left on earth, than file frivolous lawsuits ?

any "plaintiff" can allege ANYTHING in a filed motion- it is not proven in court as of this time

This is not @#$% disturbing it is a legitimate claim, where does your passion come from? Monetary reform needs to take place and the power of the central banks need to be nationalized and the money creation through debt needs to be taken away from commercial banks it is not the way money should be created but currently it is. It is a scam and the debt financing is criminal and fraudulent. The non interest bearing loans made the Bank of Canada make way more sense that the exorbitant thug like compound interest rates Canadian people have experienced since Mr Trudeau's handiwork in 1974. Debt financing is becoming a larger and larger slice of our wages and resources.

1974 debt = 18 billion dollars
as of Nov 2011 = $570 billion dollars

Can someone tell me what the principle is on the 570 billion? I challenge anyone to find out and then not be a little confused how we could be so credulous? All the info we need is being raised by this above "sh!t disturber" He is simply requesting Canada follows the original intended structure of the bank of Canada. The legal structure is still there and so is the Bank of Canada we should follow it.Simple really.

Canada's Great Experiment: 1935-1974
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yYEFuN2v08

Oh Canada... Our Bought & Sold Land!! (great telling interviews with Paul Martin and other politicians)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH7TbObZBmU
 swingarm1966
Msg: 1113
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/24/2011 7:17:52 AM
Constitutional Lawyer Rocco Galati: Restore The Use Of The Bank Of Canada Lawsuit Press
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ar_WRqoa4kM#!

William Krehmer, the 93-year old Trotskyite & professional sh1t-disturber? nothign better to do with his limited time left on earth, than file frivolous lawsuits ?

This is sh1t that needs disturbing..more like flushed!!! I hope they have success with bringing back the Bank of Canada's role as it was meant to operate before it was hijacked.
Merry Christmas !!
 swingarm1966
Msg: 1114
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 1/2/2012 7:24:11 AM
I just came across an interesting article while reading about the Bank of Canada.

Draft: Pierre Trudeau helped turn Canada over to the NWO

http://qubitarkhive.com/2011/02/15/draft-pierre-trudeau-helped-turn-canada-over-to-the-nwo/

Trudeau helped hand over Canada to the World Bank by causing an increase to the national debt by 1,100%[2] (Later on this gave the crook Brian Mulroney an excuse to implement GST; which was never used to pay the national debt). When Trudeau started his tenure as Prime Minister the national debt was $18 billion. After he finished ruining the country the debt was $200 billion. The economy got so bad that inflation rose and it cost $324.09 to purchase the same goods that would have cost $100 in 1968.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 1115
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 1/2/2012 7:43:01 AM
Prime Minister Trudeau.......He was the Dancing Master of the Left and was the Machiavelli of Post-Modernism IMO.
 swingarm1966
Msg: 1116
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 1/2/2012 7:53:58 AM
Hacker Group Takes On Fed, IMF, "Global Banking Cartel"

http://thenewamerican.com/tech-mainmenu-30/computers/6701-hacker-group-takes-on-fed-imf-global-banking-cartel

“We demand that the primary dealers within the Federal Reserve banking system be broken up and held accountable for rigging markets and destroying the global economy, effective immediately,” the announcement said.

In the statement, Anonymous described itself as a decentralized “non-violent resistance movement” seeking to “restore the rule of law and fight back against the organized criminal class.” It stated that one-tenth of one percent of the population had consolidated wealth in an “unprecedented” manner while waging an “all-out economic war” against everyone else.

“We are not affiliated with either wing of the two-party oligarchy,” the hackers said in the video announcement. The group also noted that it wanted to end “the corrupted two-party system” by ending the campaign finance and lobbying “racket.”

“Above all,” however, “we aim to break up the global banking cartel centered at the Federal Reserve, International Monetary Fund, Bank of International Settlements and World Bank,” the group declared in its video.
 swingarm1966
Msg: 1117
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 1/2/2012 8:45:21 AM
"He was the Dancing Master of the Left and was the Machiavelli of Post-Modernism"

Machiavelli of Post-Modernism? I think maybe Kissinger but Trudeau? No, just the bankers' lackey IMO
 VGLGuySksFun
Msg: 1118
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 1/3/2012 8:36:13 AM
Corporate profits were just reported for 2011 as a new record high... yet we still have millions of people underpaid and millions of others unemployed.

The GOP and Tea Partiers are sowing the seeds of a wholesale revolution at the polls... and then, in true form, they'll blame others for the radical nature of the change... claiming they had nothing to do with creating the situation.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 1119
Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 1/3/2012 8:43:35 AM
^^^^
Seriously now, would you stop posting the truth as it gets some in here all in a tizzy.

Next thing people will start standing up to corporations with regards to political influence.

Edit:

Looks like it is too late.

The b*tch slap heard across Corporate America: Montana High Court Rebukes Citizens United

The Montana Supreme Court just sent a chill down Corporate America’s spine. The state’s high court restored the century-old ban on direct spending by corporations on political candidates or committees.

This stunning rebuke of the U.S. Supreme Court’s Citizens United decision in 2010 that deemed corporations as people, which gave them constitutional rights to spend money on political campaigns is a win for democracy.

With Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney publicly stating that Corporations are people, perhaps he should take heed of this monumental ruling. This is clearly a sign of the times – the attorney General, Steve Bullock who defended the ban is now running for Governor.

http://freakoutnation.com/2012/01/02/the-****-slap-heard-across-corporate-america-montana-rebukes-citizens-united/
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Occupy Wall Street