Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > First date in a bar/nightclub..Thoughts??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 16
First date in a bar/nightclub..Thoughts??Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
OP by the amount of detail you gave it sounds like you had no problem hearing her...

To answer your question though...
Depends on the bar/club.
Depends on the other person.

This one sounded like a loon....I don't think it would have mattered WHERE you met her!
 OutMind
Msg: 17
First date in a bar/nightclub..Thoughts??
Posted: 10/28/2011 6:15:51 AM
If by the definition of a bar, you mean a club playing loud music where is hard to talk. I would stay away from that type of place. But to meet at the bar of a restaurant, or a bar bar, where you pull a stool and talk directly to your bartender and other people around you, I think it's the best place to meet on a date. Why? Because when you are at a table, you usually sit across. There's this distance, and it feels like an interview. Now if you sit 45 degrees on a table that is different. But there's nothing better than the bar. You turn slightly and you can see her whole body. You can touch, you can whisper, you can interact much better.
 onlydateIF
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/19/2011 4:49:02 PM
it's great fun to go out dancing, but I never dance with strangers. I definitely wouldn't pick that setting for a first date!
 Archangel_07
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/19/2011 7:18:32 PM
Bar and club scene not my thing anymore, was my thing when I was younger. I don't think it would be a good start off as a first date in the bar/club. Somewhere more quiet.
 BSradar925
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/19/2011 11:11:13 PM
Not good for a first date... How are you supposed to talk?
 JCinVicBC
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2011 5:19:44 AM
I'm a clubber, but I wouldn't really consider them a good place for a date until a relationship is well-established. It's difficult to hear each other with the loud music playing, and most people at a club will generally want to be on the dancefloor, which isn't a great place for a conversation (personally, I can't dance due to being physically disabled, so I go to clubs to chill and hear good DJs, or to perform).

It probably depends on what sort of club you go to though. Top-40 clubs are generally meat-markets, which makes them a really bad place for a date because all the other guys are trying to pick up your date. The one I go to is more underground, house and techno, used to be a gay club but kinda evolved under the same management into an open, "everyone" club (gay-friendly, trans-friendly, straight-friendly...the manager is an old drag queen, and the chair of the local Pride committee, and a friend of mine). It has a really chill vibe, very little of the meat market aspect. It's much more about music and community.
 GemLover
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/29/2012 11:01:37 AM
If you're into books, a bookstore. Quiet, fairly private and definitely lots to talk about on sight.
 GemLover
Msg: 23
First date in a bar/nightclub..Thoughts?? Re: KRS2297
Posted: 5/29/2012 11:11:07 AM
I wanted to add this scene to your reasons not to meet at a bar...

My (now ex) husband and I were on the dancefloor and this drunk, fat, much older guy starts hitting on me large! His date/whatever was oblivious to this. My then-husband was not. It was almost WWE live! I was so humiliated I ran to the bathroom & I refused to come out for several minutes. When I did, we left. Totally killed our night.
 Acehonestlady
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2012 11:17:43 AM
Not sure a nightclud or loud bar is good for a first date. You need somewhere quiet to speak and get to know each other. A nightclub is better left until it is a comfortable time for both to start getting physical perhaps, with all that close body contact dancing.
 kire122881
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2012 4:32:14 PM
My first date with my ex was at a rave - how's that for loud? LOL
We danced a lot, and talking with each other was limited to outside in the smoking area.
Ended just fine, though, and developed into a relationship.

Some people like it loud, others prefer the coffee shop/bookstore type atmosphere.
Some like outdoorsy stuff, others don't.

I'd say it depends on the person, mutual interests, and the situation.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > First date in a bar/nightclub..Thoughts??