Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Looking for those who want to discuss WWE, Pro Wrestling      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dwayne88
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Looking for those who want to discuss WWE, Pro WrestlingPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Luger is not in jail for anything.

He is retired from wrestling

He actually had a spinal stroke in 07 but he's recovered enough that he can get around normally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lex_Luger
 Maddtis
Msg: 27
Looking for those who want to discuss WWE, Pro Wrestling
Posted: 12/22/2011 4:43:15 PM
I use to watch WWE but its too censored, too many little kids and too much Cena. I want the RAW of the WCW/WWF Monday Night War. I want them to make new superstars which is how they beat WCW to be honest.

But now I just watch cheap smaller wrestling companies like Ring of Honor and buy imported wrestling dvds. I could give TNA a chance though its a lot of big names that quit WWE like RVD, Rhyno, Hogan, Flair, Jeff, Kurt, and a slew of others that pop up here and there. Wish Raven would come back hes been my favorite since WCW and ECW.
 readytogetgoing
Msg: 28
Posted: 12/23/2011 7:50:47 AM
IS VINCE McMAHAN REALLY OUT OF THE PICTURE,OR IS IT JUST PART OF THE STORY LINE ?
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2011 2:24:06 PM
No he is still the CEO of the company it was basicly a storyling, everything has to go through him in the end. HHH is the COO though of the company. I think Vince is keeping the CEO job in the meantime in hopes of Shane coming back to the company, because i know Vince was dissapointed when Shane decided to leave and do other projects, but i think Shane will come around and end up becoming the new CEO of the company in time.
 DomG79
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/24/2011 2:25:54 AM
Boxing is fake too though, so is the NBA. RIP to the Macho Man Randy Savage, OOOOOOOH YEEEEAAAH! NWO 4 Life!
 Squirrely1
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/26/2011 8:51:16 PM
@Maddtis I got a buddy whose a comedian down in Philly, he's done shows with the likes of King Kong Bundy, "The King of Old School" Steve Corino, Joel Gertner, and yes, Raven. Apparently he's terrible, but I wouldn't tell him that to his face
 Mikemiller2011
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/5/2012 8:16:15 AM
trh1268. Lex Luger is not in jail. He is broke and had a disease that paralyzed him for a while. He currently weighs less than 200 lbs and has a hard time getting around. Last I heard he was living in a room at a church and does speeches to kids about dangers of drugs among other issues. He works a lot with the church now.
 Mikemiller2011
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/5/2012 8:18:33 AM
HHH and Stephanie will be running the company, not Shane. HHH is learning the ropes of how the company in ran now in every aspect. One reason Shane left was because he was never chosen to be CEO in the future. Stephanie is more like Vince and Shane is more like Linda when it comes to business.
 Mikemiller2011
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/6/2012 1:08:53 PM
OVW has become the official minor league system of TNA wrestling. This was a good move on their part.
 Socalguy1962
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2012 8:00:41 AM
That's what happens when you get killed in a divorce settlement. You end up having to do things when way past your prime, or doing "Rent to Own" commercials. Flair is on his 4th marriage. Has this dude never heard of a pre-nup? And Hogan was cleaned out by his gold digger teenager dating wife.

Flair in his prime was incredible. Nobody could cut a promo like he did or even now for that matter. These days wrestlers are unfortunately closer to cartoon characters than anything else.
 dwayne88
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2012 4:32:36 PM
I find Flair to be pretty overrated.

Sure, he has had some great stuff, but for the most part, it's really repetitive and not as fun to watch as claimed.

During Flair's prime I believe that Randy Savage was a better worker than him.

Randy's mic work was also great.
 readytogetgoing
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/11/2012 7:24:09 AM
RICK FLAIR, IN HIS PRIME,WAS PROBABLY THE BEST AT MARKETING HIMSELF. I REMEMBER THE FUED HE HAD WITH****THE BRUISER. CLASSIC PRETTY BOY VS THE TOWN DRUNK. WE'RE TALKING 1970s,LOL
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2012 9:59:11 PM
Boxing got a bad rep because of the amount of fixed fights it was exposed to over the years. Not to say that boxing is fake by any means it's a legit sport but it has been pretty damaged with the amount of rigging that has happened in its sport over the years to give Boxing that black-eye (no pun intended). But even sports like MMA aren't safe from being rigged. Remember Elite-XC? Big time rigged. Fighters used to get paid under the table to take dives or not use certain moves to make the fight last longer (Kimbo Slice vs Seth Petruzelli comes to mind). No sport is safe from being rigged.
 xXxSDCxXx
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/13/2012 9:30:54 AM
How have we gone this far in the discussion thread about pro wrestling and we haven't mentioned the one promotion that for 10 years has been consistently giving wrestling fans what they want- R-O-H! R-O-H! R-O-H! It's promotions like Ring Of Honor, PWG, CZW, Dragon Gate USA, Evolve and Jersey All-Pro Wrestling that keep me watching.

As for the Evil Empire, it's all about Daniel Bryan! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
 WhyIsEverythingITypeTaken
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/7/2012 8:12:18 PM
Ric Flair is still wrestling?!? I haven't followed WWE or used to be WWF in ages. I knew WWE was going really down hill when John Cena kept getting the mic and HHH got all the power and story lines. It pays to marry the owner's daughter.
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/8/2012 3:33:48 PM
I don't know if it has changed at all, but do wrestlers even now how to wrestle these days or is it all just talk? It seems that to be successful in WWE you gotta have good mic skills. How the heck did Cena get so much screen time?
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/8/2012 6:42:38 PM
John Cena is definitely not marketable material. I miss the Hulkamania days. I think the only people that comes close to Hulk Hogan fame is The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin to some extent. Usually the most popular wrestlers have catch phrases like Austin 3:16 and The Peoples Champ. If John Cena has a catch phrase I don't hear about it. To me ,John Cena looks like a jacked up version of Channing Tatum and that's not a compliment.
 THEKidWicked
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/9/2012 2:28:40 AM

John Cena is definitely not marketable material. I miss the Hulkamania days. I think the only people that comes close to Hulk Hogan fame is The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin to some extent. Usually the most popular wrestlers have catch phrases like Austin 3:16 and The Peoples Champ. If John Cena has a catch phrase I don't hear about it. To me ,John Cena looks like a jacked up version of Channing Tatum and that's not a compliment.

"you can't see me"

"the champ is here"

"hustle, loyalty, respect"

the order of best selling Merchandise (t-shirts and other stuffs)right now (for men)
1- John Cena Rise Above Hate Authentic T-Shirt
2- CM Punk In Punk We Trust Authentic T-Shirt
3- The Rock 24/7/365 Authentic T-Shirt
4-John Cena Rise Above Hate Sweatbands
5-Zack Ryder Are You Serious Authentic T-Shirt
6-The Rock Just Bring It Retro T-shirt
7-John Cena Rise Above Hate Baseball Cap
8-Austin 3:16 Retro T-shirt
9-Stone Cold Steve Austin What Retro T-shirt
10-CM Punk Wrist Straps

you can hate all you want but i don't think you're paying attention.

k.w.
not a cena fan
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/9/2012 11:39:24 AM
Wow don't attack me! I haven't watched wrestling in years so I really haven't paid attention to what John Cena is doing. I'm just going from what I remember when I last watched. I just don't think John Cena has the mass appeal as Stephen1998 was saying like Hulk Hogan did or even The Rock. At least the The Rock is doing well in his movie career...
 Triumph800rider
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2012 9:25:01 PM
I appreciate pro wrestling as an art form that dates back to the carnivals of the nineteenth century.

I grew up in the 1970's when it was different. It was during the kayfabe era and probably half of the audience believed the matches were legit. Bruno Samartino was the king of the northeast. My favorite from back then was George "The Animal" Steele. I had the good fortune of sitting with him at a diner in NJ after a wrestling show. He has some stories. He was a high school gym teacher, football and wrestling coach in Michigan and only did the professional wrestling during the summer months.

I think Ring of Honor is the best wrestling company today. Quality matches. Worth catching.
 rizzo1313
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2012 1:42:06 AM
Ive been watching since the early 80s when I was a kid. I agree with most in this forum though, that the Attitude Era in WWF and its rivalry with WCWs NWO was the most exciting time in pro wrestling history. I remember looking forward to it every Monday. The only crappy part was that Picture In Picture was not as readily available back then, so I had to switch back & forth between the two.

Id have to say that The Undertaker has been my favorite since Day 1. I think its awesome how he just BECAME his character over the years. Stone Cold was also another guy who just lit it up in & out of the ring. So many classic moments from that guy.

Even though I still watch it these days, its nowhere near what it used to be. Im so grateful for DVR so I can fast forward through all the commercials and all the other rehashed crap that WW'E' fills their 2 hours with. In my opinion, TNA is actually better. You dont have people talkin on the mic for half the show and their ideas and writing are more clever. Not too mention better WRESTLING! Even their women are REAL wrestlers. Not models trying to be wrestlers.

Oh well, I guess it all kind of goes in cycles. Maybe TNA will give WWE a run for its money, forcing them to actually WRESTLE, rather than standing around talking, or dancing around in the ring! (Brotus)
 ben1734
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/15/2012 5:15:57 AM
i used to watch wrestling most of these days i rarley watch wwe more a fan of impact then wwe and wwe want to be known as a entertaiment company rather being a wrestling company ?
 numbersman2012
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/18/2012 8:18:40 AM
After 30 years I have given up on the WWE product. Vince is just concerned with getting his stupid humor on the air more than angles making sense, character development, titles meaning something, untilizing talent, etc, etc. The talent all talks the same, looks the same, and wrestles the same. It is WWE style, which sucks. Vince has even said wrestling fans do not pay attention or remember much of storylines from one week to the next, so he does not bother with storylines making sense. Honestly, why in the hell would I pay to see Daniel Bryan. He looks like a Wal-Mart greeter. Yeah he can work. Big deal. CM Punk is just another glorified indy jobber who is now just WWE'ized and is a scripted puppet. John Cena is given the worst promos to state weekly even a 10 year old on a playground would not say. Orton is beyond stale and boring. Kane is beyond stale and boring, along with Big Show. The format of the shows are the same and beyond scripted. The talent recites lines they do not believe in or say. The only reason they still make money is due to good business budgeting. People will still watch because of the initials. No one person is a legit draw (except Rock when he makes an appearance). WWE is like the Globetrotters, just a touring entertainment company.

Lets compare old days and good days. The old day WWF roster of Hogan, Savage, Piper, Mr Wonderful, Studd, Bundy, Andre, Jake the Snake, Rick Rude (just to name a few). Compare to today: Cena, Ziggler, Sheamus, Kane, Show, Orton, Punk, Bryan, Santino, Christian, Rhodes. Gee wonder which one is better??? Compare the 90's WWE roster to today and the 90's blows today's current roster away also.

I had given up on Impact. After Russo was released (finally), I gave it a chance. I have been pleasantly surprised the last three months. It is like watching a wrestling show, unlike WWE that is a variety show for 5 year olds. I try to catch some ROH, but Kevin Steen as champion is a legitimate joke. The guy would not be even be the most charismatic person at a local McDonalds. I would like to see someone like Davey Richards in TNA, would be great bouts with Aries, Angle, Styles, Joe, Roode.

I will watch the 1000 Raw next week just because a lot of legends return, but not for the current crew of WWE jabrones.
 numbersman2012
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/18/2012 8:25:52 AM
George The Animal Steele has a bachelors degree from Michigan State and a masters degree from Central Michigan University. He was a football and teacher for Madison Heights high school. My brother worked with his niece at one time. His niece always asked him why he started to act "stupid" on TV. George stated "yeah look at how much money I made!" George used to cut regular promos, but once Vince Jr. took over, Vince said he did not sound like an "animal" at all, so then became the not saying much, grunting, and saying "Lou" for his promos.

George Steele > current WWE crew.
 numbersman2012
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/19/2012 1:22:02 PM
I heard today the plan is for CM Punk to hold the title until November, but that could change at any moment. TNA has signed Chavo Guerrerro to a contract. A waste of money. WWE made him the ultimate jobber having him lose to Horswoggle. Now if he goes over any talent in TNA will make them look like fools. They were better off signing Jigsaw for the X-division. Chavo will bring negative viewers in.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Looking for those who want to discuss WWE, Pro Wrestling