Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Looking for those who want to discuss WWE, Pro Wrestling      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rizzo1313
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Looking for those who want to discuss WWE, Pro WrestlingPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Ive been watching since the early 80s when I was a kid. I agree with most in this forum though, that the Attitude Era in WWF and its rivalry with WCWs NWO was the most exciting time in pro wrestling history. I remember looking forward to it every Monday. The only crappy part was that Picture In Picture was not as readily available back then, so I had to switch back & forth between the two.

Id have to say that The Undertaker has been my favorite since Day 1. I think its awesome how he just BECAME his character over the years. Stone Cold was also another guy who just lit it up in & out of the ring. So many classic moments from that guy.

Even though I still watch it these days, its nowhere near what it used to be. Im so grateful for DVR so I can fast forward through all the commercials and all the other rehashed crap that WW'E' fills their 2 hours with. In my opinion, TNA is actually better. You dont have people talkin on the mic for half the show and their ideas and writing are more clever. Not too mention better WRESTLING! Even their women are REAL wrestlers. Not models trying to be wrestlers.

Oh well, I guess it all kind of goes in cycles. Maybe TNA will give WWE a run for its money, forcing them to actually WRESTLE, rather than standing around talking, or dancing around in the ring! (Brotus)
 ben1734
Msg: 47
Looking for those who want to discuss WWE, Pro Wrestling
Posted: 7/15/2012 5:15:57 AM
i used to watch wrestling most of these days i rarley watch wwe more a fan of impact then wwe and wwe want to be known as a entertaiment company rather being a wrestling company ?
 numbersman2012
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/18/2012 8:18:40 AM
After 30 years I have given up on the WWE product. Vince is just concerned with getting his stupid humor on the air more than angles making sense, character development, titles meaning something, untilizing talent, etc, etc. The talent all talks the same, looks the same, and wrestles the same. It is WWE style, which sucks. Vince has even said wrestling fans do not pay attention or remember much of storylines from one week to the next, so he does not bother with storylines making sense. Honestly, why in the hell would I pay to see Daniel Bryan. He looks like a Wal-Mart greeter. Yeah he can work. Big deal. CM Punk is just another glorified indy jobber who is now just WWE'ized and is a scripted puppet. John Cena is given the worst promos to state weekly even a 10 year old on a playground would not say. Orton is beyond stale and boring. Kane is beyond stale and boring, along with Big Show. The format of the shows are the same and beyond scripted. The talent recites lines they do not believe in or say. The only reason they still make money is due to good business budgeting. People will still watch because of the initials. No one person is a legit draw (except Rock when he makes an appearance). WWE is like the Globetrotters, just a touring entertainment company.

Lets compare old days and good days. The old day WWF roster of Hogan, Savage, Piper, Mr Wonderful, Studd, Bundy, Andre, Jake the Snake, Rick Rude (just to name a few). Compare to today: Cena, Ziggler, Sheamus, Kane, Show, Orton, Punk, Bryan, Santino, Christian, Rhodes. Gee wonder which one is better??? Compare the 90's WWE roster to today and the 90's blows today's current roster away also.

I had given up on Impact. After Russo was released (finally), I gave it a chance. I have been pleasantly surprised the last three months. It is like watching a wrestling show, unlike WWE that is a variety show for 5 year olds. I try to catch some ROH, but Kevin Steen as champion is a legitimate joke. The guy would not be even be the most charismatic person at a local McDonalds. I would like to see someone like Davey Richards in TNA, would be great bouts with Aries, Angle, Styles, Joe, Roode.

I will watch the 1000 Raw next week just because a lot of legends return, but not for the current crew of WWE jabrones.
 numbersman2012
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/18/2012 8:25:52 AM
George The Animal Steele has a bachelors degree from Michigan State and a masters degree from Central Michigan University. He was a football and teacher for Madison Heights high school. My brother worked with his niece at one time. His niece always asked him why he started to act "stupid" on TV. George stated "yeah look at how much money I made!" George used to cut regular promos, but once Vince Jr. took over, Vince said he did not sound like an "animal" at all, so then became the not saying much, grunting, and saying "Lou" for his promos.

George Steele > current WWE crew.
 numbersman2012
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/19/2012 1:22:02 PM
I heard today the plan is for CM Punk to hold the title until November, but that could change at any moment. TNA has signed Chavo Guerrerro to a contract. A waste of money. WWE made him the ultimate jobber having him lose to Horswoggle. Now if he goes over any talent in TNA will make them look like fools. They were better off signing Jigsaw for the X-division. Chavo will bring negative viewers in.
 ruffryder01
Msg: 51
Posted: 8/8/2012 11:47:48 PM
I totally agree with you that era of wrestling was the best and not just with the WWF but with WCW around 96-98 that was a good time also lol
 ruffryder01
Msg: 52
Posted: 8/8/2012 11:51:02 PM
yeah i remember the invasion angle like it was yesterday.... it was terrible lol. But the reason why goldberg and the other top main eventors from wcw didnts join the angle because they were still under contract and decided to stay home and collect pay. I was really hoping for a sting vs undertaker durin that time.
 JohnWhi79
Msg: 53
Posted: 8/9/2012 12:52:51 PM
In Punk we trust
 Better_Than_All
Msg: 54
Posted: 9/8/2012 10:49:40 PM
Hey there everyone. I'm John and I'm new here. Glad to make my debut post on a wrestling thread.

Anyone a bit bothered by the HIAC 2012 poster with Punk? Like they haven't gone cartoony enough.

P.S.
In Punk I trust!
 PrincessRobin
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2013 11:37:06 PM
Im a fan of the WWE. Ive been to many WWE shows and ive meet alot of the wrestlers.. Matter of fact im proably gonna go to the smackdown tapping on march 19th in cincinnati,ohio :)
 ScottTrent
Msg: 56
Posted: 3/25/2013 9:03:04 AM
I myself am a pro wrestler so I will discuss my life away with anyone who has questions
 phil2847
Msg: 57
Posted: 3/29/2013 4:30:09 PM
Very Sad.....Ric Flair's son found dead in hotel room!
 Socalguy1962
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2013 9:57:01 PM
Yeah, apparently Ric found him. They were supposed to do a show in NC that night.

He did have a substance abuse problem. I'm going to guess that's what killed him.
 dwayne88
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2013 1:14:49 PM
The show was rather predictable.

I was hoping Ziggler would cash in the Money in the bank at the least.

Hopefully he will tonight.

Punk and Taker stole the show. ...................................
 GiveYouMyHeart
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/9/2013 3:42:07 PM
I like how Raw ended! Cena, Ryback, and Mark sound great together in a Triple Threat.
 dwayne88
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2013 4:51:11 AM
That will be a horrible match!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ziggler winning the title was the best part of the show.

...................................................................................................
 cooldog65
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2013 5:41:05 AM
The crowd on RAW was awesome, especially when they did Fandango's entrance music. Been ages since WWE crowds have been like this. Reminds me of the attitude era.
 ItsTonyTone
Msg: 63
Posted: 5/12/2013 1:21:23 AM
I have been a wrestling fan for a long time. WWE now is nothing like it was during the attitude era, but it sometimes has it's moments and I will probably always be a WWE fan. My all-time favorite is The Rock.

My favorites to watch now are Sheamus, Orton, Kane, Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes, Damian Sandow, Wade Barrett, and Antonio Cesaro(who I believe should've never lost his belt to Kofi. I'm still mad about that). I don't really care for Dolph being WHC right now. WWE is making him look like a chump, so I hope he loses the title soon. And now with him having a concussion from earlier this week, that might just happen next week at Extreme Rules.
 dblock323
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2015 2:43:37 PM
WOW! I deleted my account here nearly 5 years ago and this thread I created managed to linger on for a good while until its untimely demise 2 years ago lol. Anybody still out there? lol I got the WWE Network for just $9.99!
 Matt3136
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2015 6:39:22 PM
Just got here but the network is cool but I'm likeing roh on destination america a whole lot right now
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 66
Posted: 8/1/2015 7:56:26 AM
"rowdy" roddy piper
dead, at the not-so-old age of 61,
just another of the many 'pro-wrestlers' who have died prematurely.
 vbxtc
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2015 9:00:52 AM
Rest in Peace Hot Rod. You were one of the greats and you will be missed.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 68
Posted: 9/4/2016 8:00:25 PM
Just heard Mr Fuji died about 1 week ago.
Not much to say about him as a wrestler; but was funny as a "manager"
Would come down carrying his Japanese battle flag; taking his cheap shots from the side, etc.
Most say he was a nice man IRL
RIP.
 cooldog65
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2018 7:25:05 AM
Ronda Rousey just signed with the WWE.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/21/2018 7:35:10 PM
They're bringing her in as "the most dangerous woman" in the world, yet most of us probably won't let go of the fact she proved she was incapable of bouncing back from defeat and retired prematurely.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Looking for those who want to discuss WWE, Pro Wrestling