Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Tebow Time      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 226
Tebow TimePage 10 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
@pete - brilliant!
 statemachine500
Msg: 227
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/26/2011 6:15:57 PM
Is Tebow banging Vonn?If so lucky guy.
 earthlingsRevenge
Msg: 228
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/27/2011 7:41:35 PM

Is Tebow banging Vonn?If so lucky guy.

Your are saying
because of this???

http://media.nesn.com/2011/12/lindsey-vonn-lucy-pinder-among-rumored-tim-tebow-girlfriends/6/
 vbxtc
Msg: 229
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/28/2011 10:46:30 AM

What about Kurt Warner? Albert Pujols? They're faithful, but I never feel like they are insisting on their beliefs.

Kurt got a fair amount of it, but Tebow has been in the middle of the media frenzy since he was at Florida. I'm personally amazed that he's managed to stay on a pretty even keel since it all started (thinking back to the Todd Marinovich meltdown).

I don't blame him, I blame the media wh*res and our societal Cult of Personality. They'll build him up as much as possible, then crucify him (no pun intended) the second he does something they deem "immoral" or, God forbid, an actual human failing. Recent examples, McGuire, Bonds, Woods, etc. Just see how many have jumped all over him because the Broncos have lost their last two games...
 Hawaiianluau
Msg: 230
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/28/2011 12:57:47 PM
"When you pray, don't be like the hypocrites who love to pray publicly on street corners and in the synagogues where everyone can see them. I tell you the truth, that is all the reward they will ever get. But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private. Then your Father, who sees everything, will reward you."
Matthew 6:5-6
 CowboyFan30
Msg: 231
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/28/2011 3:13:57 PM
Love that verse Hawaii!
 ixtlan09
Msg: 232
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/28/2011 6:09:52 PM
As a football player? Tim Tebow will never be a good professional QB. He's had some of the best coaches work with him for years and he still doesn't get it. He doesn't even begin to get it.

As a person? I'm not sure. Unfortunately all we ever see is the carefully crafted product. Admittedly, that product sells well.

I imagine within five years he will be running a mega church somewhere. Twenty to thirty years later will learn about his true sordid lifestyle, like we do with most mega church leaders.
 ForumFilly
Msg: 233
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/28/2011 7:25:42 PM
Why is it so hard to accept the fact that Tim Tebow is a good human being who was brought up well by loving, religious parents and that he is who he appears to be. He is a team player and works his butt off to be the best player he can be and to encourage his teammates to do the same. He isn't bible thumping. He doesn't go around preaching and proselytizing. He just admits to being a devout Christian and trying his best to lead by example. Now isn't that something to be ridiculed for?

And Hawaii, that scripture was in reference to those who act like they are devout when, in fact, they are not. They just put on a show, such as those who go to church on Sunday and break every commandment throughout the rest of the week. That is NOT the case with Tim Tebow. The media and others talk much more of his devotion to God than he does. In nearly every post game or competition interview with nearly every athlete, you hear them say, "First I want to thank my savior, the Lord, Jesus Christ!" No one jumps on them. I wonder what all you people who are enjoying making fun of this young man would say about him if he was into drugs, bimbos, gambling, drinking out of control or dog fighting. Maybe then he'd be okay and just one of the regular guys.

How sad it is when a really good role model for kids gets ridiculed while the athletes who break all the rules are held in esteem. But then, I guess those who aren't as talented an athlete, or as intelligent or as good and humble a person as Tim, feel it necessary to TRY (and I emphasize 'try') to make him out to be less in order to make themselves feel better. Can't you just accept the fact that he is a gifted athlete and a good-hearted young man who is trying his best to succeed in his chosen field? If he doesn't make it as a 1st class quarterback, he will still succeed as being a terrific role model for being who he is and not someone who gets off causing problems for his team, getting thrown in jail, busted for drugs, raping and physically abusing women, gambling, shooting someone, drunk driving, doping or any of the other numerous vices and crimes that other athletes are well known for. Look at good old Big Ben and Michael Vick. Oh, yeah! They're terrific quarterbacks but not much as far as being a great role model for kids, are they? Unless being accused of rape and going to prison for running a dog fighting ring is what you want in a role model for your kids. Me, I'd much rather have my son look up to a man like Tim Tebow, who is not only a good person but has an amazing work ethic. And I'll bet, if he get switched to a different position he won't whine about it like Eli Manning did when he was drafted by San Diego when he wanted to be on a different team. Spoiled brat! I'd be willing to bet he'll respond as he has responded when he was put on 3rd string... with class and dedication to being the best he can be.
 newdejavu
Msg: 234
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/29/2011 7:04:51 AM
gets ridiculed

Not really seeing this, either. Every NFL player is subject to scrutiny, particularly quarterbacks.

Isn't Tebow's jersey one of the top sellers? And isn't Tebow's name one of the first to come up in any NFL media coverage? He's probably the top story of 2011. And doesn't he profit from his propheting -- he's getting more and more endorsement deals. Not really seeing how he's "so much of a better role model", either, unless you are admiring him for laughing all the way to the bank, because that's the end result of all of this(even the bad press keeps his name in the news). EVERY player at the NFL level is a talented althlete, some more than others obviously. If anything, I think the "Tebow cult" is praising him excessively for his athleticism. I'm not saying he's not a good person, or a moral person, etc. But there are plenty of other NFL players who give back to their communities/charities, etc., that don't get public recognition for it.
 vbxtc
Msg: 235
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/29/2011 10:47:11 AM

every time Tebow goes to a knee in plain view of the media cameras to give praise to his Lord and Savior, he's proselytizing.

Is that what you think of every other person who gets in the endzone and kneels/points to the sky (and have been doing so since the touchdown dance was invented), or just TT? BTW, Tebow doesn't go looking for the cameras, they follow him. All of which will (hopefully) be a non-issue next year when "the next big thing" (Luck) comes along.

I don't see all of this ridicule that you claim he is receiving.

So the SNL skit, Bill Maher tweets, and endless step-by-step criticism/commentary/hype by every on-air talking head for a kid who's started for half a season just went right by you? Sports reporters have been telling the world how he would fail in the NFL while he was winning a Heisman, and how Denver wasted a first round pick since the day he was drafted. If you want to see ridicule, all you have to do is re-read most of this thread...
 earthlingsRevenge
Msg: 236
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/29/2011 9:35:50 PM
As a die-hard atheist I think what Tebow does for celebration is funny,
because its unusual. Its true, religion does certain people good,
except of course priests and pastors and altar boys.

If you take a good look at Tebow's facial expression when he
kneels on the ground, he's serious!! He's not pretending or faking it, like
the players who point fingers at the sky.

Tebow's praying is a refreshing change from other ways players celebrate
a big play. Uncontrolled body movements, some even call that 'dance'
are getting boring. Here are a few other ways players can celebrate
a big play:

a) 4 or more players can grab each other by shoulders and sing few lines of The Star-Spangled Banner or Brittney's 'oops I did it again'.
b) 4 or more players can line up like the musical chorus line and do the kicking legs.
c) Right after a TD, can Twitt "Up your a*s , Mr._____". That would be the name of the commentator who is clearly biased to one of the 2 teams.

Possibilities are limitless.

People shouldn't care what a player does on the side line as long as he keeps winning.
He may take blessings from the Pope on the sideline, or french kiss a hooker on the side line, who cares, all are forgiven if he wins.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/29/2011 10:27:33 PM
I say who cares. i mean not everyone believes in faith obv, but if it helps him to be a good person then that's all that matters. I don't care what you believe or not believe as long as you are a good person and try to do the right things in life then that is all that matters. As pointed out Tebow has been mocked and ridiculed from him being a QB in the NFL to his faith and yet he continues to ignore all of that and keeps playing and keeps continuing to practice his faith on a daily basis. Just goes to show you the type of strong willed person he is at his age to not cave into all the scrutiny that he has endured over the past couple seasons and I'd admire that a lot.
 AKATD_33
Msg: 238
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/30/2011 12:02:22 AM
I dont have a problem with any player that chooses to celebrate a touchdown with their chosen faith.

The only people that bother me are the ones that try to convert you to their religion just because they think they should. Everyone has a right to believe in what they want as long as it doesnt hurt anyone else. Wether they go to one knee or both or even stand on their head I could care less as long as it doesn't interupt the time needed to kick the extra point.
As for what Tebow does in his private life writing a book or what ever who really cares!!!
I really dont see what this has to do with the game itself or how he plays
 vbxtc
Msg: 239
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/31/2011 4:16:25 PM

So, do you think the NFL will allow the muslim players to bring their prayer rugs out to the sidelines so they can properly thank Allah?

Nah, that would be a 15 yard Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty for using a prop!

SweetLilGTP
Msg: 240
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/31/2011 4:23:33 PM
Why is it so hard to accept the fact that Tim Tebow is a good human being who was brought up well by loving, religious parents and that he is who he appears to be

Because we're a tabloid society who only believes the worst in people.

Perhaps it's jealousy.

I love that verse too Hawaii; beauty

How sad it is when a really good role model for kids gets ridiculed while the athletes who break all the rules are held in esteem. But then, I guess those who aren't as talented an athlete, or as intelligent or as good and humble a person as Tim, feel it necessary to TRY (and I emphasize 'try') to make him out to be less in order to make themselves feel better.

That's the one.
 ForumFilly
Msg: 241
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/1/2012 12:05:44 PM

And so it came to be, that on the eve of the Celebration of his Saviour's Day of Birth, the Tebow became the salvation of the good people of the city by the lake. For the Tebow came to town of Buffalo, and he looked into the faces of it's people and he saw their desperation and futility, and the Tebow said that this should not be. And so the Tebow pondered and saw that his team would still hold the tiebreaker should they lose to the Bills and the Tebow came to realize that he had the chance to save a city and keep countless hordes of depressed Buffaloites from drowning themselves in Lake Erie over their hopelessness. And so it came to be that the Tebow, in the spirit of giving and compassion decided to gift wrap not one, but two pick-6's, on consecutive passes, for the people of Buffalo in so that they might be of good spirit and be of cheerful heart and sing praises to the Tebow's Saviour. Amen.

Coming soon, Tebow as the Easter Bunny.

Pete, you REALLY don't think this is derisive? BTW, ridicule is a state of being laughed at and/or derided. Seems to me you do have too narrow a definition of the word.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of whether Tebow will or won't make it as a QB in the NFL. No one is disputing that. But why the need to berate him as a person to show how clever a linguist you are? Why? Because you don't think he is a good QB and never will be. If you thought he was, I sincerely doubt you would have posted the above. It was done to make fun his religious beliefs and the fact that he played very poorly against Buffalo. That, Pete, is ridiculing someone.
 TDH49
Msg: 242
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/1/2012 4:29:22 PM
TEBOW TIME? Today with their playoffs future on the line and while playing a non playoffs team at home Tim Tebow went 6/22 for a grand total of 50 yards, no touch downs and a interception. The interception was on the final drive of the game I might add. His QB rating was a very impressive 20.6 if you need it. He also ran 6 times for 16 yards and lost a fumble while doing so.

This was the numbers for the guy that's supposed to lead Denver to the promise land?. Please don't make me laugh. But even stinking up the place the last 3 weeks and being totally over matched at the position it looks like they will back into the playoffs because Oakland is losing to the Chargers. So we get the pleasure of watching him further humiliate himself next week against the Steelers.

I think now even the most rabid fans are coming to realize that this poor guy has no clue when it comes to playing quarterback in the nfl. The rest of the league has seen enough and the smoke and mirrors that they were using to win games has seriously caught up to them. They need a QB that can throw the football down field and John Elways knows this. I think he now has seen enough to go get himself a real quarterback, I doubt the fans will be too mad at him after what they saw over the last few weeks.

FYI. After next week Tebows record will be 7/5 as a starter this year so we can also put an end to that stupid bs slogan "All he does is win" too while we are at it. Maybe we should change that to " The only time he wins his when everybody else carries him.".
6/22 for 50 yards and a interception with the playoffs right there for the taking? Even a one legged quarterback would have put up better numbers than that.
 ForumFilly
Msg: 243
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/1/2012 8:09:50 PM
It was a pathetic game and no, Tebow did not play well. If it weren't for my home team, San Diego, they wouldn't be in the playoffs. I doubt there is a chance in hell that the Broncos will beat the Steelers next week but I still think Tebow will work his butt off during the off season and try his very best to improve. He may not have the natural instincts or talent of a Peyton Manning but that doesn't mean he can't improve. And worse comes to worse, he'd still make a hell of a running back.

PS - Being from San Diego I have LOTS of experience rooting for losing teams, unfortunately. Maybe that's why I don't give up easily and remain loyal. LOL
 HDready10
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/1/2012 8:35:57 PM
tebow time: bottom line for the first time in 6 years the broncos are in and thats what its all about
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 245
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/1/2012 9:18:01 PM
Yeah i like Tebow and i'm a fan of his, but i don't think they have a good chance at beating the steelers. Our defense is one of the best in the league and the best at stopping the run. Tebow is going to have to be forced to throw the ball i'd imagine most of the game and if that happens he has to deal with number 43 in the backfield. A free safety that Tebow has never seen the likes of and if you aren't a vet QB you are going to have a tough day against someone that's arguably one of the greatest free safties to ever play the game of football, but with that said anything can happen in the NFL. (I know the saints fans were sick to their stomach about this, so i don't mean to bring up a bad memory but i'm using this has an reference) could have imagined before the game between the seahawks and saints last year in the first round of the playoffs that the seahawks would have had a remote chance at winning that game? So anything can happen, i just wouldn't be betting the house against the steelers in this game by any means though.
 colt8301
Msg: 246
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/2/2012 5:27:31 AM

So anything can happen, i just wouldn't be betting the house against the steelers in this game by any means though.

I have a feeling this game will be close.....With Rothelisberger hobbled the game will be contested. Tebow, is scared to throw the ball now, it's like he's worried about messing up. Broncos can't win with him playing like that. The quarterback has to pull the trigger.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 247
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/2/2012 8:09:15 AM

How sad it is when a really good role model for kids gets ridiculed while the athletes who break all the rules are held in esteem. But then, I guess those who aren't as talented an athlete, or as intelligent or as good and humble a person as Tim, feel it necessary to TRY (and I emphasize 'try') to make him out to be less in order to make themselves feel better.
Anyone who writes (actually has someone else write it: Nathan Whitaker) an autobiography at 24 on their profound outlook on life (and charges people $17.99 for it) is neither good or humble.

They are just banking on selling some derp to the stupids, just like everyone else.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 248
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/2/2012 11:33:28 AM
I have a feeling this game will be close.....With Rothelisberger hobbled the game will be contested. Tebow, is scared to throw the ball now, it's like he's worried about messing up. Broncos can't win with him playing like that. The quarterback has to pull the trigger.

I don't. I see the steeler defense pretty much having their way with Tebow all game long. LeBeau is going to throw defensive schemes at Tebow that he hasn't seen before, but like i said anything can happen in the NFL. I just hope the steelers don't go into Denver thinking this is going to be a cake walk and overlook this game to the next round, that's where we could screw ourselves and lose if that happens.
 ForumFilly
Msg: 249
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/2/2012 3:10:34 PM
Most autobiographies are ghost written and if there wasn't a market for it, the publisher wouldn't have contracted with Tebow to do it. And, of course, they are going to charge for it. Should they give it away for free?? What on earth does that have to do with being good or humble? If a publisher wanted to have your autobiography done, would you seriously turn him down? Tim has had a fascinating life in those 24 years, starting from being born in the Philippines to missionary parents, and on through college where he broke records left and right. Many people are very interested in his life and have no problems spending $17.99 for a book about it. No one is forcing you to buy it. And I find his outlook on life to be totally refreshing. Because you don't, doesn't make him any less a good and humble person. He is someone that MANY people want to learn about.
 Hawaiianluau
Msg: 250
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/2/2012 6:14:03 PM
and Sandra Bullock is a hottie.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Tebow Time