Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Tebow Time      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 251
Tebow TimePage 11 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
God I love some of these Monday morning armchair quarterbacks , It truly makes me laugh
Good Lord, Say what ever you want to say about Tebow, the kid is a winner and plays with guts and heart , which I cant say much for some of the Typical NFL quarterbacks.

Joe Montana didn't have the greatest arm, 4 Superbowl later, Trent Dilfer didn't have great numbers heck he had more picks than touch downs yet he won a Superbowl.

Yet the Broncos made the Playoffs , How about them Cowboys with the typical NFL quarterback, I Hope Newton doesn't hit that sophomore jinx next year.
 HDready10
Msg: 252
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/3/2012 3:17:47 AM
talk about lopsided its going to be one of the, if not the most lopsided playoff game i can ever remember.
i haven't seen any of the tebow magic play this year but they certainly gonna need some of it against the steelers.
miracles do exsist
 feltersnatch
Msg: 253
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/3/2012 8:21:38 AM

Say what ever you want to say about Tebow, the kid is a winner and plays with guts and heart , which I cant say much for some of the Typical NFL quarterbacks.

Kids a winner, but can't win...How lucky to lose 3 straight and still make it to the playoffs? I would have to say pure luck IMO. You can't win a game only scoring 3 points...That's not a good way going into the playoffs.

Joe Montana didn't have the greatest arm, 4 Superbowl later

You're comparing Tebow with Montana?

Trent Dilfer didn't have great numbers heck he had more picks than touch downs yet he won a Superbowl.

Now this is something close to comparing it with Tebow. If the Broncos DO win the SB (which we all doubt it) it will be because of their defense...Not Tebow!
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 254
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/3/2012 9:06:12 AM
I'm not comparing Montana to Tebow, I was referring to the poster that said Tebow wasn't your typical NFL quarter back ,Joe didn't have the strongest arm, wasn't a typical drop back sit in the pocket passer, scrambling Joe just knew how to win.

Having said that Tebow hasn't won anything at the pro level, but still for what ever reason Tebow no matter how unorthodox his methods are he for the most part gets the job done.
 ChrisD1957
Msg: 255
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/3/2012 9:11:01 AM
Winner? What exactly did he win on the pro level? He backed into the play-offs with an 8 and 8 record. I think you need a bit more to be considered a winner. Joe Montana? You are not serious are you? Joe Montana did not have a strong arm but he was extremely accurate. Even Dilfer as ordinary as he was was a much better passer than Tebow. Dilfer completed 55& of his passes.

Anybody who has seen him play realizes that he currently does not have the ability to play quarterback at the NFL level.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 256
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/3/2012 9:22:01 AM
Again, Im not comparing Tebow to Montana, I was referring to a poster that posted about your typical NFL quarterback, I happened to mention Montana because he wasn't typical either, that was my point.

Anybody who has seen him play realizes that he currently does not have the ability to play quarterback at the NFL level
why because his stats are crap? Cam Newton had better numbers but so what? The only stats that quarterbacks should be measure by is wins and losses, Vinny Testaverde had a cannon of a arm, he was your typical NFL quarterback, so what happened there?

>Dilfer completed 55& of his passes.
and Vick is averaging to date 56% of his passes but so what? Who cares if the Broncos limped in backwards on a milk truck carrying fried chicken they still made the play offs, did the Eagles, Cowboys make it?

I don't get the whole Tim Tebow bashing, Even the legendary Elway is giving the lad a chance, maybe Tebow needs to play up in the CFL for a while and hone his craft like Doug Flutie did earlier. Remember Flutie?
 ChrisD1957
Msg: 257
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/3/2012 10:14:23 AM
why because his stats are crap? Cam Newton had better numbers but so what? The only stats that quarterbacks should be measure by is wins and losses, Vinny Testaverde had a cannon of a arm, he was your typical NFL quarterback, so what happened there?

Actually Cdn that comment is crap. You do not judge the quarterback by wins and losses. You judge them by championships. The last 10 superbowls were won by....Rodgers, Brees, Roethlisberger, Manning(E), Manning(P), Brady and Brad Johnson. The weak sister in that group would be Johnson who played on a team with a historically good defense. He also had his best year at quarterback. His rating was
92.9 that year.

The NFL is a passing league. You do not win championships by comleting 46 percent of your passes for an average of about 125 yards per game. Elway gave him a chance because of popular demand. When Elway feels the Broncos are championship caliber either Tebow will be a whole lot better or he will not be lining up behind center. Yes, I remember Flutie...he was a better passer than Tebow and a mediocre quarterback at best and he won no championships. You can win games without a elite quarterback but it is almost impossible to win championship without one.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 258
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/3/2012 10:37:16 AM

Actually Cdn that comment is crap. You do not judge the quarterback by wins and losses. You judge them by championships. The last 10 superbowls were won by....Rodgers, Brees, Roethlisberger, Manning(E), Manning(P), Brady and Brad Johnson. The weak sister in that group would be Johnson who played on a team with a historically good defense. He also had his best year at quarterback. His rating was
92.9 that year.
Oh I see now, I'm glad you mentioned Roethlisberger in that mix its very interesting that you mentioned Big Ben

Did you watch Super Bowl XL, let me give you the stats of Big Ben
9/21 , 123 yards Zero TD's , 2 PICS
WR...Antwaan Randle El, 1/1 43 yards 1 TD

Ben Roethlisberger's passing performance in Super Bowl XL was the worst ever by a Super Bowl Winning quarterback, As a matter of fact, it was among the worst ever in a Super Bowl, period. But nobody cares about those " stats" because all that matters is the ring from winning.

Guess who else is up there in those stats? Brady, Elway, the great Unitas , Theisman, etc.
so spare me when it comes to stats, what matters is WINNING and LOSING.

You can win games without a elite quarterback but it is almost impossible to win championship without one.
Dilfer wasn't a Elite quarterback, neither was Brad Johnson, Doug Williams wasn't a Elite quarterback.

So is Jim Kelly a elite quarterback? been the big dance 4 times and didn't come away with the big prize ? what about Hall of famer Fran Tarkenton?
 TDH49
Msg: 259
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/3/2012 10:46:49 AM
The only stats that quarterbacks should be measure by is wins and losses
What a utterly clueless statement to make. Teams can win in spite of the quarterback you even gave us a perfect exmaple in trent Dilfer winning a super bowl. Think how much easier it would have been for the Ravens that year if they actually had a QB that could actually play. By your logic Trent Dilfer should be in the hall of fame.

John Elway stats for his rookie year 1983.

Starts 10 games 4/6 record. CMP123/259 cmp0/0 47.7 TD7 int 14 quarterback rating rating 54.9 sacked 28 times.

Pay Manning stats for his Rookie year 1998.

3/13 26 td 28 int 71.3 QB rating sacked 22 times.

Once again using your logic their teams should have benched their asses for not winning, right?. Fact is eventhough these 2 quarterbacks were horrific in their first year ANYBODY who had a clue about football knew they were going to be great quarterback in the NFL . Both of them went on in their second year to 12/2 and 13/3 records and was well on their way to the hall of fame.

Tim Tebow is 8/6 as a starter in the NFL... But unlike the above quarterback nobody in his right mind can look at him and think " Man he is going to be great" because they would be called delusional.

Cam Newton...Hell yes you can see the potential instantly. Tim Tebow will not be the Quarterback of the Broncos halfway through next year. Defences has already caught on to how to defend him, it took all of 11 games. You can't win in the nfl LONG TERM playing the kind of offence the Broncos are playing right now.

You can't name me ONE team in the NFL who has won year after year with a quarterback who can't complete more than 50 percent of his passes. Tim Tebow is just a fad and like the Wildcat offence of a few years ago will be gone just as quickly.

FYI... Only 2 rookie quarterbacks have ever come into the nfl and ripped it up straight out of college.... Dan Marino and Cam Newton. Everybody else has to take their lumps and learn the position. But you have to see some kind of potential and improvement at the position. Tim Tebow can't throw the ball 15 yards downfield accurately on a consistant basic. You can't win in the NLF consistantly without keeping the defence honest with the threat of the deep ball. Defences have fogured out that all they have to do is put one on one coverage on the 2 wide out and since he isn't accurate enough to hit them they have nothing to be concerned about. Then they just stack the box and dare him to throw. Which we all know he can't do. I would call their offence Vanilla but that would be an insult to vanilla.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 260
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/3/2012 10:56:34 AM
Too bad you don't know what you're talking about.. love the Monday morning quarterback analysis , nice try though, read what you want to read into my statement , Oh I shouldn't of said that, I might get reported ooops.

All Ive said was Give Tebow a chance, just because he is unorthodox, I asked a question about Tarkinton, Kelly are the elite sorry were they elite quarterbacks to you guys?

All I read was you need a elite quarterback to win, so I asked about Dilfer? no response
Some mentioned Big Ben, so I pointed out in Superbowl XL worst passing performance in Superbowl history, if you look at the top ten worst passing performance( because the NFL is a passing league according to some) Elway, Brady, Theisman,Unitas,Aikman, Greise is up there , but no one is talking about them, except that they are on WINNING TEAMS.

Joe Montana was horrible in his first year too, wasn't high on Bill Walsh depth chart and we all know what happened to Joe's career.

I rather wait a few years to see what Tebow can do if given a chance, by the way Marino took his Dolphins to the Superbowl and lost to______??

Newton well lets see how the panthers do next year.
 TDH49
Msg: 261
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/3/2012 11:18:30 AM
love the Monday morning quarterback analysis
I have no idea who this is directed at because my position on Tim Tebow has always been the same.

He can play 500 games and it would make no difference. Tim Tebow is not a nfl Quarterback and never will be a nfl quarterback. He can't throw the ball 10 yards down field, and last I checked playing quarterback required you to at least be able to do that.

He is totally lost on the field. He is like a high school Quarterback attempting to play in the NFL. It's embarrassing and kind of sad watching him humiliate himself out there. But if that's what it takes for some delusional people to come back to reality, then I say keep playing him. Play him as long as it takes for you people to realize HE IS NOT CAPABLE OF PLAYING QUARTERBACK IN THE NFL.
This is my FIRST post in this thread on the subject.... POST 21 on the first page if you need it. and it has NEVER changed nor have I wavered in my position the entire thread... Even after they went on a 6 game winning streak.

Please stop being delusional. Payton Manning, Tom Brady, are two example of GREAT quarterbacks . Tim Tebow is a below average quarterback at best. Funny how you delusional Tebow fans work. He gets all the credit when they win, it's like nobody else has anything to do with their 6 game winning streak but him. but you all don't want to put the blame on his shoulders when the team get hammered.

Fact is the Broncos were not winning because of Tebow. They were winning in spite of Tebow. You people keep talking about great comeback in the 4th quarter and you can't see that if they even had a half assed good quarterback they would not need to be making 4th quarter come backs every game.

The broncos defence deserves 90 percent of the credit for the 6 game winning streak. If they don't hold teams to under 20 points a game, they have no chance in hell of winning. But it's all about Tim Tebow, truly laughable
Me after the Pats drilled them.

They will go to Bills next week and get their ass handed to them again by a very weak bills team. And we can put an end to this silliness about this clutz being a NFL quarterback over the long haul. Then the week after if they get by KC they will be double digits underdogs to either the Steelers or Ravins at home. Then either one of those teams will make Tim look clueless and give poor John Elway the out he need to go get a quarterback that can help his team in the future.

Frankly I would not be shocked if they lose the next two games and miss the playoffs
This was me in this thread BEFORE they played the Bills. Now can you show me where the monday morning quarterbacking comes in or were you speaking to someone else?.

Newton well lets see how the panthers do next year.
The Panthers with Newton at quarterback are destined for great things. The Broncos with Tebow at quarterbsck are destined for nothing but mediocrity. Denver will the the 4th best team in that devision next year if he plays a full year at QB.

I asked a question about Tarkinton, Kelly are the elite sorry were they elite quarterbacks to you guys?
Why are you mentioning hall of famers in a thread about Tim Tebow?. Anybody that knows anything about the position knows that Jim Kelly was one of the all time greats. Neither one of them won a super bowl but that has more to do with the team around them and less to do with their ability to play the position. Dan Marino didn't win a super bowl either but damn could he play quarterback, he had the quickest release in the history of the game. Ball came out of there on a rope.
 ChrisD1957
Msg: 262
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/3/2012 12:50:05 PM
First off as TDH said none of this is Monday morning anything. The criticism of Tebow has been the same all year. He is not accurate. his throwing motion is too long and his decision making is too slow. He is an athlete and can probably play somewhere in the NFL but not as quarterback.

Cdn you used Big Ben as an example of bad superbowl quarterback perfromances...Did you realize that leading up to the Superbowl his play-off stats were as follows....49 of 72 for 680 yards 7 tds and 1 int for a rating of 124.8? He was a bad example. Winning a superbowl is not a one game deal. You have to win a minimum of 3 post season games to win a championship. Dilfer is a better example. The problem with the Dilfer example is that the 2000 Ravens defense is considered by many as the best of all time. Similiar to the 85 Bears. Jim McMahon was no great shakes either.

The best example may have been the 91 giants and Jeff Hostetler That should have been The Bills Superbowl but as we all know Norwood was wide right. Teams do win Superbowls without elite quarterbacks. At the current rate it happens about once every 15 years. However this will probably happen a lot less due to the rule changes that favor passing the football.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 263
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/3/2012 2:02:50 PM
Excellent chris now we are talking, good point about Hostetler and I agree with you there, I bring up Big Ben because someone I cant recall who said stats were important, I'm not discounting stats aren't important but at the end of the day winning and losing is what matters.

No one but Steelers Fan or Seahawks fan remembers that Big Ben went 9/21, 136 yds, zero TD's and 2 Pics , all most people remember is he was the QB for the Steelers.

Tebow is unorthodox , All im saying lets give this guy a fair shake and see what he can do, I remember when Vick came in the League with the Falcons and how many folks said he couldn't play quarterback, its his legs that makes him different, has Vick won anything?
 ChrisD1957
Msg: 264
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/4/2012 6:14:41 AM
Yes iceman he is unorthodox and I have no problem giving him a chance but I feel his flaws, if remained uncorrected, cannot be present in an Nfl quarterback. It is not his stats that form my opinion it is that his mechanics are so bad that he will never have ongoing success at his position. The first time I saw him throw a football my response was "what the hell?" He has a long looping motion. It is similiar to a baseball motion. It gives defensive backs too much time to break on the ball. This isnt college, every db in the nfl is fast and quick.

Tebow even knows his limits and to his credit has avoided interceptions because he does not try to throw passes into coverage. However, winning championships throwing for a 125 yards a game just doesnt happen anymore. He won a couple of games because the Denver defense kept it close. The opposing defenses got caught cheating up to stop him from running and it created wide open receivers. As you may have noticed in games where the Denver defense doesnt play well or the opposing defense is top 10 he has little chance to succeed.

I believe the Steelers will easily end the Tebow story come Sunday.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/4/2012 4:28:06 PM
Well i don't think we would have won the superbowl if the calls weren't horrbile, so we wouldn't be talking about bens stats in that superbowl if the refs didn't call such a bad game. Then again the whole entire 2005 season was filled with horrible calls.
 ForumFilly
Msg: 266
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/8/2012 5:10:02 PM
And what is your excuse for the way Tebow played today? According the the 'professional' analysts, he played a very impressive game. They aren't men who have sat for 50 yrs watching the game... most have actually played and/or coached the game and are professionals. Excuse me if I value their opinions more than yours. If John Elway and John Fox have faith in Tebow, I'll go with their judgement over yours. And I too have been watching football for the last 51 years... since the Chargers came to San Diego and I'm not egotistical enough to think I know it all as you seem to think you do. Granted it was only one game but the Broncos did it. They won when few thought they would. And Tebow played very well. And the climatic ending made it even more awesome. The Broncos were incredible today... all of them. And the Tebow Magic is back!!!!

As for the rest of your post, it isn't worth taking the time to respond.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 267
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/8/2012 5:10:50 PM
Congrats to tim tebow and the broncos. Anything can happen in the nfl like i said and i know a lot of people didn't give tebow a chance but if anyone beat our team i'm glad it was tebow. As for the steelers didn't honestly think if we would have won this game that we would have gone onto the superbowl. Just too banged up this year pats would have beaten us if the broncos couldn't. No doubt.
 ChrisD1957
Msg: 268
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/8/2012 5:27:13 PM
He completed less than half his passes. I saw nothing to change my opinion. I saw a severely banged up steeler team almost win a game they played poorly in. It lasts one more week. All this means is that the Pats road to the Super Bowl got easier.
 MGMLION
Msg: 269
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/8/2012 5:29:51 PM
Way to Go Tebow Whoa Whoa
The Steelers are Finished...

He completed less than half his passes.

Not too many QB's going to complete 10 passes for 316 yards.
 earthlingsRevenge
Msg: 270
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/8/2012 5:49:01 PM
This morning I thought I saw someone who looked like Jesus.
He may be paying a visit to Mile High.
So, Tebow is not dead yet, but RapeBurger is.
All home teams won this weekend. Hope this trend continues all through the play-off.

Boring games:
Texans/Bengals

Boring second half:
Saints/Lions
Giants/Falcons.
 justnancy
Msg: 271
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/8/2012 5:58:59 PM
Wow Broncos winning.... who would have guessed.

Sorry bout your loss Steel!
 DartmouthRunner
Msg: 272
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/8/2012 6:05:26 PM
The Steelers kind of got what they deserved. Ben was too banged up at the end of the regular season, instead of resting him for the last few games, they played him and paid for it today. Not to mention the losses on their defensive line. I was surprised that they even forced the OT.
 MGMLION
Msg: 273
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/8/2012 6:08:15 PM
Next stop Tebow vs. Weasel in Foxboro..
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 274
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/8/2012 6:23:01 PM
I don't care much for the NFL
but I'm glad to see this kid win his games, especially in dramatic form,
and especially considering the bashing and ridicule he's gotten
from his haters and detractors.

I hope he stands strong in his faith,
and I hope he can go all the way,
Lord willing!
 vbxtc
Msg: 275
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/8/2012 6:52:33 PM
Anybody who has seen him play realizes that he currently does not have the ability to play quarterback at the NFL level.

Because you know so much more than his NFL coaches. Maybe you should tell that to the Steelers, who are watching the rest of playoffs at home. Those two 50+ yarders, as well as the 30 + in the second quarter were all right on the money, and deep sideline is the toughest pass in the game. But some people will never be satisfied. People said Vick would never be an NFL qb either 'cause "all" he could do was run...right up until his first Pro Bowl. Not many ask that question now.

I saw a severely banged up steeler team almost win a game they played poorly in.

So apparently giving credit where it's due isn't something you believe in either? Everyone is banged up this time of year. Denver lost their best tight end early. Do you think the Steelers make their last touchdown catch if Dawkins is roaming around back there? Denver's defense played great until the fourth quarter. The team that played best won today, it's that simple.

BTW, Yates only completed one more pass than Tebow as the Texans walked all over the Bengals yesterday, and I don't hear anyone criticizing him for it. But he doesn't get Tebows media coverage so I guess it's ok. Just sayin'...

STEEL - sorry for your loss, man.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Tebow Time