Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Tebow Time      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 301
view profile
History
Tebow TimePage 13 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
You don't get credit when you fail or lose.

Um how about crediting him by saying gee i don't know he played a good game or he kept them in the game the entire time in a tough battle. So if Brees and Rodgers have a shootout and the game ends with a field goal are you going to shiz over Brees or Radgers that lost and say oh they suck.. i mean come on.

If is a mighty big word

Thanks for proving my point about in regards to being phony.

I didn't say they were going to lose the game either....You've just been

Did you give him a chance? Nope.
 MGMLION
Msg: 302
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/9/2012 5:49:28 PM

Did you give him a chance? Nope.

I give him a chance against the Steelers and look what he did 316 total yards passing.

Do I think he has a chance this week in New England? Nope.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 303
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/9/2012 8:28:46 PM
Where was your post that states that you did cause i sure the hell didn't see it. Anyone can say that after the fact without any proof that they actually said that.

I do. I think he does have a chance. So i put that in print just so you can see that so if they do win you can't go well you didn't think he had a chance either blah blah blah...
 MGMLION
Msg: 304
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/9/2012 8:43:28 PM
I do. I think he does have a chance. So i put that in print

Anyone can say someone has a chance and they do. I'm just saying I don't think Tebow will pass for over 300 yards and win the game in New England...The way he beat the Steelers.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 305
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/9/2012 8:43:38 PM
I underestimated him.

That was very very stupid; glad I didnt bet anything.

<div class="quote">As I've said in here before, he's a formidable running back, an inspiring leader, a great competitor and an excellent athlete but will still only be able to achieve limited success in the NFL.

You heard it here.

Time will only tell......

If the Broncos some how win the superbowl this year,do you think church attendance all over USA will go up?

Yup

ForumFilly
Msg: 306
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/9/2012 8:58:59 PM

Yes, you have to give credit where credit is due. Tebow threw the deep ball with exellent touch and timing yesterday to open areas where his receivers could run to and catch the ball. In the few times I had watched Tebow play, I had never seen him throw that type of pass and now see that he has that in his limited arsenal.
How can you be such an expert on his skills, lack thereof and his ability to improve if you have only seen him play a few time? That makes what you've posted throughout this thread based on extremely limited personal knowledge and hearsay. You obviously aren't an expert on Tebow's abilities and the fact that John Elway is working with him. Why not see what can be accomplished over the off-season with Elway as his mentor and with Tebow's incredible athletic abilities and work ethic... and maybe watch him a bit more next season. And you said I didn't know anything about Tebow. I've been following him for the past 5 yrs... every game he's played that's been televised. How many have you seen? So don't act like you are the most knowledgeable judge of his abilities. He may have flaws but I'll guarantee you that he will work his @ss off to correct them. And if you were here in Central Florida, you would know that he is held in very high esteem for being the person he is, not just a great athlete. It doesn't take knowing him personally to see what kind of a young man he is. Every broadcaster will admit what a wonderful person he is even if they don't think his abilities are good enough for the NFL. And I would love to see all the ones who say he isn't good enough be wrong.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 307
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/10/2012 4:08:13 AM
MGM you are sitting on fence. So do you think he has a chance to win or not?

Why can't he? New England is ranked 32 in the league in defense. If tebow is able to pull the trigger like he did against the Steelers defense, he has a chance at another 300 yard game in passing against the pats. Royal and Thomas have emerged to be Denvers deep threats in the WR position. esp Thomas as of late.. I had some time to think about it today and if Denver's defense is clicking and Royal and Thomas play like they did against the Steelers, Denver will win. With that said, I'm going to go out on a limb and now say Denver beats New England. If i'm wrong i'm wrong, but after how well they played last Sunday this team is going to be fired up and ready again for the pats. Call it magic, call it luck, but there is something special about this Broncos team this year.
 ChrisD1957
Msg: 308
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/10/2012 6:08:24 AM
Tebow connected on the deep ball because the Steelers walked their safetys up. They had two starters out on the D Line and figured to stop the run they had to play 8 in the box. On the game winning play they had 9 in the box. It was more of a great call by Fox then a great throw by Tebow

The Patriots finished the season ranked 31st in the league in defense. They were 17th against the run...yes their defense was not good. It is good enough against Denver.

What is special about the Broncos is the hype given to a bad quarterback on an 8 and 8 team that won a play-off game against a banged up Steeler team. The same thing happened last year in Seattle when they beat the Saints. What happened the following week? Las Vegas has it at 13.5. I am thinking I am liking that number. I may have to enhance my watching pleasure. I have a strong feeling come Sunday morning I will be a little richer and a lot happier.
 ChrisD1957
Msg: 309
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/10/2012 7:41:37 AM
Be careful on giving the niners that many points. I do like the Saints but before you start betting the house take a look at the Saints record on the road, outside and on natural grass. After watching them abuse the Lions in the second half people tend to run to the window with wallet in hand. The Line right now is 3.5. Id give the 3.5 but would be hard pressed to give more than that.
 ForumFilly
Msg: 310
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/10/2012 10:13:41 AM
Pete, my liking of Tebow doesn't have anything to do with his religious beliefs except as far as he tries to live a good, wholesome life, which I admire. What I DO very much like about him is his consideration for others, his willingness to admit his limitations and to work like hell to overcome them, to be humble and try to be the best person, as well as athlete he can be. I still think that by next season, after working hard throughout the off-season and getting intensive coaching from Elway and others, that he will be considerably better than he is now and that he will continue to improve. I think Elway is seeing that Tebow has potential and is wanting to nurture it. This is just my opinion and obviously, since I know so little of the game, I could very well be wrong. But next season, IF Tebow come out with guns blazing, I hope you remember that it was your dear Filly who predicted it. And if he doesn't, I'll live with that and still support him no matter what position or team he maybe playing with. He's like Peyton Manning and Drew Brees... with those personalities, you just have to like the guys!
 MGMLION
Msg: 311
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/10/2012 10:23:28 AM
Unbelievable....Due to new NFL rules Tim Tebow can't write John 3:16 on his face like he did in college, but Sunday night Tim had 316 passing yards, averaged 31.6 yards per pass. The Steelers had 31 minutes and 6 seconds of possession time and there where 31.6 million people watching the game Sunday night. God shows his ways no matter what obstacles we may put in front of him.

Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 312
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/10/2012 10:35:01 AM
...but Sunday night Tim had 316 passing yards, averaged 31.6 yards per pass. The Steelers had 31 minutes and 6 seconds of possession time and there where 31.6 million people watching the game Sunday night.

Which can only be see as...

He passed for 316 yards.

He averaged 31.6 yards per pass

The Steelers had the ball 31 minutes and 6 seconds.

...and nothing more.

To think there was anything else going on is to believe that some invisible sky wizard was busy in Denver while it did nothing to prevent anyone of the some 151600 deaths that occurred that day.

So if it is true, then the guy you are calling god is quite the douche bag is you ask me.
 caddyman101
Msg: 313
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/10/2012 12:00:47 PM
steve young as played in tampa and had sat behind Montana for 3 yrs. and still stuggled his first year as the 49's starting QB plus had Rice And Roger Craig. Tebow had to learn on the fly with no training camp. John Fox has done wonders with Tebow. The kid is learning. The kid has limited weapons and that a under statement. Seens they release Brandon Lloyd. He will never put up crazy like number. But, he plays the game different then everybody else. He plays with heart and does not give up.
 newdejavu
Msg: 314
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/10/2012 12:10:29 PM

there where 31.6 million people watching the game Sunday night

Nice try, MGM. I think your other numbers are right, but:

NEW YORK (AP)—The Tim Tebow-led Broncos’ overtime victory over the Steelers earned the highest television rating for a wild-card game in 18 years. Denver’s 29-23 win over Pittsburgh on Sunday on CBS drew a 24.0 rating and 40 share. The network said Tuesday that was the best since a 24.1/48 for Kansas City-Miami in 1994.

The average of 42.4 million viewers was up 8 percent from last year’s Packers-Eagles matchup in the same slot—a game that at the time was the highest-rated in the wild-card round in a dozen years.
 MGMLION
Msg: 315
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/10/2012 1:03:34 PM

Nice try, MGM. I think your other numbers are right, but:

NEW YORK (AP)—The Tim Tebow-led Broncos’ overtime victory over the Steelers earned the highest television rating for a wild-card game in 18 years. Denver’s 29-23 win over Pittsburgh on Sunday on CBS drew a 24.0 rating and 40 share. The network said Tuesday that was the best since a 24.1/48 for Kansas City-Miami in 1994.

The average of 42.4 million viewers was up 8 percent from last year’s Packers-Eagles matchup in the same slot—a game that at the time was the highest-rated in the wild-card round in a dozen years.

Good catch...Thought I'd try and sneak that one in there..
 caddyman101
Msg: 316
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/10/2012 1:44:52 PM
under Josh McDaniels. A whole different system.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 317
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/10/2012 5:18:16 PM
While im not going to jump on the Tebow bandwagon and predict he will lead them to the Superbowl,but Im very pleased that the Broncos won, but he still wont get the recognition because Anti Tebow fans will say , oh the Steelers were banged up blah blah blah .

Tebow threw for 300 plus yards and its still wasn't good enough in the eyes of the Anti Tebow group.

I don't think the Patriots will blow out the Broncos next week, It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Pats win by a field goal, I don't know why but I have a weird feeling about the Broncos upsetting the Pats, the pressure is on the Pats to blow them out.

There is no pressure on Tebow, he wasn't supposed to be in the playoffs according to the experts, he's having too much fun trying to prove the nah Sayers wrong.

Tebow threw for over 300 yards against a****lebeau Defense, who happens to be one of the greatest defensive coordinator in the game today, that guy has more schemes in his pocket than a wall street banker.

Next week game is going to interesting and I will say it , I dont think the pats are going to win, and if they do win it wont be a blow out I think if they win it will be by a field goal, a 24-21 type of game. Tebow throwing 198 yards type of game.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 318
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/10/2012 5:34:49 PM
Tebow goes biblical on Steelers, shows up haters

Uploaded by NMATV on Jan 10, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxF1VoJwFf4&feature=g-all-u&context=G2c4b191FAAAAAAAABAA

Pretty much sums it up.
 ForumFilly
Msg: 319
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/10/2012 6:27:27 PM

IMO, Tim Tebow is not going to make or break the Broncos. The Broncos have too many holes otherwise, to be competitive in challenging for the AFC West title or earn a wild card playoff spot. At 1-4, Fox has nothing to lose in seeing exactly what Tebow has to offer the Broncos on the playing field.
Tebow brings an interesting dynamic to the field, with the run/pass ability of a Vick, the size/strength of a Roethlisberger and the heart/intensity of a Brees. He'll be playing with far less talent around him than Elway had to work with, but for now the starting job will be Tebow's to lose. If he manages to stay healthy and make smart decisions on the field, he will be the Broncos QB for years to come. With a more skilled cast around him, I think he could lead the Broncos back to the top of the AFC West. I believe you will never see any quit in Tebow.
I was impressed with this post, Pete. You didn't berate Tebow nor his fans. You stated your opinion and backed it up with logic. The only flaw is that you weren't psychic and, therefore, you were wrong about Tebow not leading the Broncos to the AFC West Title and a Wildcard playoff spot. And then on to the Divisional Playoffs. No, I don't know as much about the game as most of you guys on this thread but I've watched Tim Tebow fight to be the best quarterback he could be in the college ranks and I know he is going to keep fighting to be the very best quarterback he can possibly be in the pro ranks. Some players with incredible natural ability have failed because they didn't have the determination and work ethic needed to succeed. Others who had to bust their butts to become elite athletes in their field did so with grit and determination. Tebow is an excellent athlete but has some flaws as a pro QB, but I really think he will give it all he's got to prove to himself, more than to any of his critics, that he can be one of the best pro quarterbacks of this generation. And I would love to see him succeed.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 320
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/10/2012 7:11:34 PM
AA drop the Tebow anti christianity crap already. No one cares on this forum. This is a sports forum, leave your anti Christian rants in the off topic forum...
 ChrisD1957
Msg: 321
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/11/2012 7:17:05 AM

Tebow threw for 300 plus yards and its still wasn't good enough in the eyes of the Anti Tebow group.
. You are right, its not. The Steelers did not play well. The last play is evident of that. They walk up the safety putting 9 in the box. The corner decides to line up on the outside shoulder of thomas giving him an inside release with no safety help over the middle. I dont know what defense was called but I am sure either the call got screwed up or the corner didnt know it. Thats 80 of the 316 yards.

He completed less than 50 percent of his passes. He could have won the game in regulation but bounced a 3rd down pass 10 yards in front of a wide open receiver with 2 min left in the game. I dont care about him or his religious beliefs. What bugs me is all the attention given to a bad quarterback on a mediocre team that won one play-off game against a beat up Steeler team who had to play on the road. To be honest, I have never been much of a Patriot fan but I seriously hope they beat the hell out of Broncos and Tebow and then sportscenter can get back to real sports stories.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 322
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/11/2012 7:32:00 AM
Chris again with the stats? isn't what matters in the end that they won, some other poster cant recall the name was raving about Newton and his stats but so what? he and his team didn't make the playoffs.

Big Ben was 9/21 123 yds and 2 picks in Superbowl XL, but so what? the Steelers was a wild card team too, the Seahawks if memory serves me correctly was a 13-3 team, they held big Ben in check, Hassleback had better numbers but still lost.

Look I get you don't like Tebow and Broncos, Im not crazy about the hype but the kid plays with heart and busts his balls to play , its not pretty but its exciting to watch a underdog.

While im not going to jump on the bandwagon, and Im certainly not going to throw him under the bus , I think the Broncos will stun the Pats next week, I think the pressure will be on Brady and the Pats.

Im not comparing Tebow to Manning, but no one gave the Giants a fighting chance to beat the Pats in superbowl XLII, and again IM NOT COMPARING MANNING to TEBOW, the point was the Pats were heavily favored to kill the Giants , that is why they play the game, you just never know in a one game play off format.
 caddyman101
Msg: 323
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/11/2012 9:18:29 AM
Tebow had better get to know his TE if they going to move to ball.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 324
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/11/2012 1:39:03 PM

AA drop the Tebow anti christianity crap already. No one cares on this forum. This is a sports forum, leave your anti Christian rants in the off topic forum...

I am on this forum and I care.

I will post anything relevant to the topic, which that video clearly demon-straighted the hyperbole around Tebow and that he is being treated as he is something special, when in reality he is nothing more than a person that possesses the talent to play in the NFL and that he leverages his irrational beliefs to gain favor.

This would all be a non-issue if he would have kept the whole thing to himself, but if he wants to rub his crap in everyone's face, then he should be prepared to get his stuff tossed right back at him.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 325
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/11/2012 2:00:10 PM
No one else that actually cares that matters, cares about your anti BS rants in a sports forum.

What does those anti BS rants that no one gives a damn about in this sports thread pertains to anything in regards to his performances as a player in the NFL in which everyone on here is talking about? Zip...

It's only an issue for people that have iron rods stuck up their asses. He isn't converting people with his faith. So get over yourself.

How is his faith relevant to this topic when people are talking about his performance as a player on the football field in which this topic was started on? It's not.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Tebow Time