Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Tebow Time      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 caddyman101
Msg: 326
view profile
History
Tebow TimePage 14 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
I do see where your come from dude. Tebow not knockin on your door try to get you to bible study. He is a 24 yrs old virgin. And believe in christ. That is all. You see a lot of pro point to the heavens thanking GOD. His is just not afraid of his faith in christ. Don't knock him for that. It just a great story. And Tebow is the best role model for today youth. The NFL don't need Tim Tebow. The young fan of today need Tim Tebow. I'm proud of the fact that my 14yr old son plays Maddon football and how is the first person he draft for is team Tim Tebow.
 caddyman101
Msg: 327
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/11/2012 3:03:21 PM
so mr. AA say your prayers tonite on one knee and thank the lord for everything good in your life. I think that all Tebow does. I think Tim is thankful for every minute he get on the field. And he plays like it to. And I hate the bronco But, I love Tim Tebow.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 328
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/11/2012 3:22:10 PM

Really? Almost all of the articles written either are outright negative, or snipe at him and his beliefs. And HE is the one doing the leveraging?

Really? Can you prove that interesting little tidbit or are you juts adding to validate a point you have no way to prove?

If you do not think he has a PR team that controls pretty much anything about Tebow, you have no idea how the media works.

So now expressing a personal faith is rubbing his crap in everyones face?

When it is how you market yourself.

Being a bit touchy, I'd say............ Its a good thing that football is played in the USA, where we still have freedom of expression, and it is respected to some degree.

Like most things in the world, it is only respected if you agree with it.

Tim Tebow is marketed with his faith as part of the package and that is not a product of the media, that is a product of Tim Tebow. So he has and does go out of his way to promote his faith, which he has all right to do, but I also have all right to mock it for what it is.

A false persona created to market an image and people are eating it up like candy, all because he is a man of god.

They know nothing of this person other than what they have been told and all of a sudden they would trust anything he says or does.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 329
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/11/2012 3:27:51 PM
Man, I thought this thread was about Tebow playing quarterback? who cares about his religion, Reggie White was a minister and a minister of Defense back in his hey day.

How about we leave Tebow's faith out of it and discussing his quarterbacking style and does he have a chance to beat the Brady and his bunch (no pun intended)
 caddyman101
Msg: 330
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/11/2012 3:52:11 PM
I haven't seen to much about Tebow and push God on anybody or the media. I know he has a strong religous back ground. I seen the sound bit on Tebow singing church songs on the field. Tebow and his story is the greatest thing for kid seen Hulk Hogan and" say your prayers kid and take your Vitamins" Hulk amania. I hope He goes to the super bowl. He won't but, it would be a the greatest story in sports today!!!!!
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 331
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/11/2012 4:15:01 PM

. Tebow and his story is the greatest thing for kid seen Hulk Hogan and" say your prayers kid and take your Vitamins" Hulk amania.

Which makes my case.

People thinking it is good to let strangers be role models for their kids.

When in reality Hulk Hogan is a character played by Terry Bollea, who based on his history is probably not the best role model for anyone's kids.

You only know Tim Tebow the character, not Tim Tebow the person.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 332
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/11/2012 4:46:32 PM

Are you saying that YOU know the "REAL" Tim Tebow? If you do know him better than everybody else, enlighten us, instead of just writing teases......... Tell us about Tim Tebow the person.

I never said that nor did I insinuated it, so how you came to that conclusion I can only assume was out of malice or incompetence.

So if he is being "marketed" as you say, then everybody who is writing about him, and talking about him is on this "Marketing Committee to Make TT a STAR".... right?

No that is not how a PR company works and it based on that it would take too much time to explain how they work to you, but I can assure you most athletes with aspersions of cashing in on the gravy train that is the endorsements deal, have one and they use them very effectively.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 333
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/11/2012 5:20:42 PM

YOU wrote:
"You only know Tim Tebow the character, not Tim Tebow the person."

OK, I don't know TT, other than his public persona....... Do you know TT more than most others? The way you worded what I copy/pasted DOES intimate that YOU know more than others, who don't know TT. IF you know more about him, why not let us all know what you know............

No it does not, you are only insinuating it does, which either means you do not understand the English language so well, or you are trying to put words in my mouth.

No where is it said or can be implied that I know any more about him than anyone else.

The only difference is I will admit to that.

Hi know he is a character and no nothing more about him than any other football player.

What I do know though, is the marketing and PR business.
 statemachine500
Msg: 334
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/11/2012 5:44:09 PM

No it does not, you are only insinuating it does, which either means you do not understand the English language so well, or you are trying to put words in my mouth.

No where is it said or can be implied that I know any more about him than anyone else.

The only difference is I will admit to that.

Hi know he is a character and no nothing more about him than any other football player.

What I do know though, is the marketing and PR business.

What we do know is that he is a practicing Christian.We don't know a whole lot about the lives of a lot of highly paid athletes,other than the fact that many feel they walk on water and screw loose women by the bus load and regularly get busted for whatever.Some people might appreciate TT for his lifestyle,eh?
 HDready10
Msg: 335
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/11/2012 6:14:29 PM
the old school bronco fans must be rollin over in their graves i haven't seen any of them around here
 caddyman101
Msg: 336
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/11/2012 6:30:30 PM
AA.... so what your problem with TT. GOD is a Big part of his life. Were U a victim of the second mile? Give it up PLease man.
 ChrisD1957
Msg: 337
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/11/2012 7:55:18 PM

Man, I thought this thread was about Tebow playing quarterback? who cares about his religion, Reggie White was a minister and a minister of Defense back in his hey day.
....Thank you cdn! This is a sports thread, lets keep it that way. No one here knows anymore about him then what you see on TV. We have discussing him as a professional football quarterback. Can we keep it there?
 caddyman101
Msg: 338
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/11/2012 9:42:18 PM
thanks Chris D. Let keep this about football. TT did not get because of his beliefs.
 caddyman101
Msg: 339
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/11/2012 9:46:14 PM
ChrisD U must be a friend of Jerry S.
 earthlingsRevenge
Msg: 340
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/11/2012 10:37:31 PM
Ah guys, give it a break.
No one is bashing Christianity or any religion.
Sports is supposed to be for fun. If TT was gay, any funny
cartoon about him would be considered as anti-gay. That is how our society and media work.

But I see some here are stepping into forbidden territory and predicting an upset against the Patriots. Sorry folks, Jesus will change sides this time.
 ChrisD1957
Msg: 341
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/12/2012 5:49:11 AM
Caddy...I hope you are not talking about Jerry Sandusky. If you are, not funny. Nothing lower than a pedifile. If you felt it necessary to use that as either a shot at me or as a joke then we all know about your sense of humor and what your comments and opinions are worth.
 mamamugg
Msg: 342
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/12/2012 8:39:46 AM

the old school bronco fans must be rollin over in their graves i haven't seen any of them around here

I'm not a football fan, but I will/do jump on the Bronco bandwagon.

Living in Colorado/Denver area, 50+ years...one learns quickly..."Bronco Fans" are true blue (and orange) Bronco Fans! They are not rolling over in their graves...true Bronco fans are Tebowing !

Waiting to see the photos of a certain poster in drag...
 GothamCityBoy
Msg: 343
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/12/2012 10:13:54 AM
As much as I hate to say it......TEBOW.....your time has come !!!!!
It was fun watching you dancing around like you knew what you was doing, and I especially liked how you drove the guys at ESPN and the NFL network...nuts !

But it ends this weekend.....see you next season !
 caddyman101
Msg: 344
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/12/2012 11:34:19 AM
He not going to go without a fight.
 caddyman101
Msg: 345
view profile
History
Tebow Sucks
Posted: 1/12/2012 12:56:20 PM
At least I have something to smoke.
 HDready10
Msg: 346
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/12/2012 6:23:21 PM
mamamugg --->Bronco Fans! They are not rolling over in their graves...true Bronco fans are Tebowing !

i wasn't saying every bronco fan i meant just the one or two I've seen post on these here sports forums.

i see tebow having a short lived career in the nfl if he keeps running with the ball. staubach use to run with it but they weren't designed running plays he more or less was running for his life and in the end with concussions to boot.
the saint/49er game has some similarities:
the patriot defense has given up a lot of yards this year much like the saints and its possible the bronco defense much like the 49ers which aint the worlds worst makes some big plays, id be all for that.
 Hawaiianluau
Msg: 347
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/12/2012 9:29:33 PM
When it's all done and said it's all just a game.

DENVER – Zack McLeod is Tim Tebow's kind of player — and man. And vice-versa.The 20-year-old former high school football player won't snag any touchdown throws from his hero Saturday at Gillette Stadium when the Denver Broncos' on-field miracle-worker challenges the New England Patriots in an AFC Divisional playoff game. But McLeod just may catch a pass — and more compassion and love than he ever imagined.

As kickoff approaches, Tebow will do what he always does at pressure-packed times — give of himself. The 24-year-old quarterback will spend a few moments with McLeod , who suffered a traumatic brain injury playing football in 2008. They plan to meet on the sidelines as part of the Tebow Foundation's Wish 15 program that grants requests for young people with serious medical issues.

"When we told Zack (this week), he just screamed, 'Nooooo waaaay!' " says his father, Pat McLeod, who along with his wife, Tammy, work as Harvard University chaplains. " We are hoping Tim will throw him a pass. Zack still has great hands."

One thing is for sure: Tebow will hug McLeod.

The son of evangelical missionaries, Tebow — voted America's new favorite athlete in an ESPN Sports poll — says giving a warm embrace and words of encouragement to those in need "puts everything into perspective" before a game.

"We're playing a game, and you want to win, but you know that it's not the end of the world," Tebow says . "Even a bad loss on the football field is better than spending a day (recovering) in a hospital."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2012-01-11/tebow-exclusive/52518122/1?loc=interstitialskip

Just a game.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 348
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/13/2012 5:30:36 AM

Just a game.

So true.

I think that is a great thing for him to do and from what I understand he does something like this each game.

What most people miss is the fact that this a PR team makes sure the world knows how great a guy he is.

I questions anyone motives when they go out of their way to tell you how nice they are.

This story did not get into the news because the media asked, it made it in because Tebows people made sure it did.

just saying
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 349
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/13/2012 8:46:10 AM
Off topic, Chad Ochocinco isn't a creep, he's a show boat and Pete is right he does so much for charity, Lebron is just a ass hole,him and his I will take my talents to south beach and have a HBO special to announce it good Lord, imagine if Micheal Jordan in his hey day did that?

Micheal Vick ugghhhhh he shouldn't be playing in the NFL but I take great delight watching him not making the play offs

As in for Tebow, he is a good guy, he's a rarity like a Grant Hill, Steve Nash, Up in Canada we have a guy name Micheal " pinball" Clemons guys that are boring but good human beings.

Im rooting for Tebow because he has heart, he's having fun, doesn't mind the pressure and he is a underdog, all his life people told him you cant do this you cant do that, and so far he is doing it, I really think he will make this Sunday interesting, I don't think the Pats will beat the Broncos by 13 or more points, the pressure is on the Pats.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 350
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/13/2012 10:58:49 AM
As in for Tebow, he is a good guy, he's a rarity like a Grant Hill, Steve Nash, Up in Canada we have a guy name Micheal " pinball" Clemons guys that are boring but good human beings.

Having an affair with a 22 year old and divorcing his wife 1 day after she gave birth, yep that is role model stuff right there kids.

Bottom line is these people are athletes and any parent that presents these people to their kids as anything but have failed as a parent, IMO.

Edit For below:

who are you referring to AA, I haven't heard that but then again I don't read the enquirer or tabloids

See what can happen when you assume someone is a good guy based on limited information.

I do not read those papers either, it was pretty main stream stuff, but again keep in mind, it was not information that the Athletes PR team was pushing out so it might not have been plastered everywhere.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Tebow Time