Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Tebow Time      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 good_catch77
Msg: 401
Tebow TimePage 17 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
I hate that the experts have to do a disclaimer..."I like Tebow", "he's a good kid" yada yada yada. I mean when they talk about any other QB they don't have to have the same disclaimer. Poor Rex Grossman never gets any love when he has a bad game (which is more often than not) unfortunately since I'm a Redskins man...Please RG3 come to town...or heck Matt Flynn....sorry drifted off.

Also Reggie White was a ordained Minister and he never asked for any extra praise..there have been countless NFL players that take their religion very seriously and several other ministers and preachers, etc...Not a one has gotten what Tebow is getting. I mean do you think opposing QB's whom got clobbered by Reggie cared wither or not he was a minister they was just happy not to get hurt.

I don't like Tebow because he plays for the Broncos...since I like the Raiders too. Nothing against him, I didn't like Reggie White when he played for the Eagles, Deion Sanders when he played for the Cowboys and many others that played against my favorite teams...nothing personal even though often times people think it is...Often I've heard

"You hate Tebow you hate God"

BS!!! Just because he is open with his religion and uses the stage to promote his religion doesn't mean people who root for teams that are rivals cannot dislike the player, or the team he plays for.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 402
Tebow Time
Posted: 2/28/2012 1:40:14 PM
Tim Tebows going to be the best QB of all time.

[Best hockey goalie too]

[And baseball closer, for sure]
 Chrisdan57
Msg: 403
Tebow Time
Posted: 3/19/2012 8:58:20 AM
Clock has just struck midnight for Timmy. The reports are Manning is a Bronco. Now you really know how much confidence Elway had on Tebow ever becoming a real Nfl quarterback. The next move will be to ship him to Jacksonville.
 nipoleon
Msg: 404
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 3/20/2012 3:07:50 AM
The best place for Tebow to go now would be the Philadelphia Eagles !
He would be a perfect back up for Michael Vick. They wouldn't have to make too many changes to their offence to accommodate a running quarterback.
 Chrisdan57
Msg: 405
Tebow Time
Posted: 3/20/2012 6:57:19 AM
Vick runs but not out of design. I actually think Tebow to Philadelphia is a bad fit, mainly because of the fans in Philly. His best move would be closer to Florida. I just do not think any Nfl team would be willing to give up very much for him. If he wants to continue his football career he has to seriously think about changing positions.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 406
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 3/21/2012 12:41:37 AM
It's either down to the jags or the jets in regards to Tebow getting traded. I suspect Tebow will get traded to the jags for a 3rd round pick in the draft. His close friend stated that Tebow missed the south and wanted to play for a team in Florida where he had a lot of success playing QB in college. I really think Tebow is jacksonville bound.
 Chrisdan57
Msg: 407
Tebow Time
Posted: 3/21/2012 6:49:44 AM
The jags arent worried about winning anything. They are worried about keeping the franchise at float. Poor attendance an a net worth which is the lowest in the league will make the owner see dollar signs instead of Super Bowl trophies. I am thinking it will be the Jags.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 408
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 3/21/2012 10:06:04 AM
Well we can forget the Jags because Tebow is now a Jet. Tebowmaina has hit the big apple folks.

Chrisdan57
Msg: 409
Tebow Time
Posted: 3/21/2012 11:14:34 AM
Yes...to the jets. A bit confusing and I have to believe he would have rather gone to Jacksonville. I will be interested to see how they use him....on second thought, no I wont.
 Joshwascott
Msg: 410
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 3/21/2012 6:15:04 PM
Over/under- if Tebow is traded, mostly likely for a draft pick. What round?

I'd guess no higher than a 4th, but i'd say quite a bit lower due to low demand. He's an anomaly though, you really could have some gadget goal line plays for him.

I wonder if he can catch, looks like an overgrown Hback such as Dallas Clark.
 Justmytypewriter
Msg: 411
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 3/22/2012 12:44:26 PM

Is there any truth to the story that Rex Ryan wanted Tebow on the Jets because Tebow is rumored to have pretty feet?

Well, they have a young, capable and exciting QB in Sanchez, they certainly don't need an inconsistent preacher boy at QB. But they might like Tebow as a RB and allow him the occasional trick play pass. That is, if he can finally learn how to reliably deliver a pass. Not sure that he can do that, though.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 412
Tebow Time
Posted: 3/22/2012 2:51:12 PM
The Eagles WOULD be a good place for Tebow, for the reasons you said. Furthermore; their sports fans say "Jeeeeesus!!" ALL THE TIME!!

<div class="quote">The Eagles go "all in" last year and sign Nnamdi, arguably the second best press cover corner in the league, and get Rogers-Cromartie, supposedly an up and coming press cover corner, in the Kolb deal from Arizona. So what do they do? The Eagle brain trust decides that these corners should play zone in the Eagle system. The Eagles don't allow these corners to play to their strengths, and as a result, both corners looked average to poor last year.

It takes someone really 'special' to have all that talent, and make them suck. (where noone wins)

I'm from close to Toronto; so I know allllll about that. (Toronto Maple Leafs?) <--Leafs isnt even a WORD!!

But anyways; Arizona would be another good option for Tebow; with a very experienced cast around him. Wherever he goes; he's winning it all; cause he's got Jesus

Mannings training for upper office; Denver's not doing much either. If he really wanted to win another one; he would have chosen SF

The Eagles go "all in" last year and sign Nnamdi, arguably the second best press cover corner in the league, and get Rogers-Cromartie, supposedly an up and coming press cover corner, in the Kolb deal from Arizona. So what do they do? The Eagle brain trust decides that these corners should play zone in the Eagle system. The Eagles don't allow these corners to play to their strengths, and as a result, both corners looked average to poor last year.

Revolutionary even!!

I like that idea!!

P.s How's the daughter? ;)
 nipoleon
Msg: 413
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 3/23/2012 3:32:30 AM
The Jets ? ...... The NY football Jets !?
What the HELL are the Jets going to do with Tim Tebow ?

Do you think Sanchez is going to be intimidated with Tebow standing on the sidelines ?
" Oh Jeeze.... I'd better play good or they'll replace me with Tim Tebow ! "
Yea, that's what he's thinking.

I know.
All those wide receivers will play better.
They know if Tebow comes in, they'll never catch another ball again.
 Chrisdan57
Msg: 414
Tebow Time
Posted: 3/23/2012 5:56:17 AM
College quarterbacks often change postion. The complexity and speed of the Nfl game makes for a tough transition. To name a few;

Matt Jones
Antwaan Randle El
Freddie Solomon
Josh Cribbs
Brian Mitchell
 Chrisdan57
Msg: 415
Tebow Time
Posted: 3/23/2012 8:26:03 AM
A blast from the past?? You are making me feel old. We heard a lot about Mitchell here in Chicago because of Hester.
 earthlingsRevenge
Msg: 416
Tebow Time
Posted: 3/24/2012 7:39:25 AM
What a fate!!
Looks like Tebow is playing for his Dad's team, the Jets.
Guess who is mad at Jets for getting Tebow? yes, it's his dad Joe Namath.
Don't believe me? Place Tebow and young Joe's pictures side by side, you'd be the judge.

As a Patriots, I welcome Tebow as Jets our rival, he needs some lessons from Brady.
 JoseMadre
Msg: 417
Tebow Time
Posted: 3/27/2012 3:05:58 PM

Has there ever been a case where a QB has played another position? Honestly, I have no idea....If they did move Tebow, he would have to be trained and conditioned to be a receiver I guess. Is he even fast enough? He is a big guy...

Quite intuitive there. The Jets made it to the AFC Championship Game in Sanchez's first two years, but failed to make the playoffs last year. One big difference was the loss of Brad Smith as their wildcat QB. Tebow should fill that void nicely. It seems like a good use of his unique abilities.
 40Golfer
Msg: 418
Tebow Time
Posted: 4/8/2012 5:48:41 PM
I hate the wildcrap offence and Tebow is in the wrong spot. He might take a leadership role on the team because he is such a hard worker, but Miami or Jacksonville would be better . Ideally San Fran and wrok with Harbaugh.
 statemachine500
Msg: 419
Tebow Time
Posted: 4/9/2012 5:50:15 PM
What's with the pink that Tebow was wearing while being introduced at that large religous gathering?Is he getting ready to come out?
 Sportsfreak89
Msg: 420
Tebow Time
Posted: 4/9/2012 6:03:09 PM
I have to question why Tim Tebow chose to be traded to the Jets when he had the option of going either there or to the Jacksonville Jaguars.

In New York Mark Sanchez is going to start. He signed a three year extension so there's no way you can sign a quarterback to an extension of that sort and not start him. The only way Tebow sees the field is if Sanchez gets hurt or if Rex Ryan decides to try and resurrect the Wildcat package.

In Jacksonville Tebow could have at least competed against Blaine Gabbert who struggled almost as bad as Tim Tebow did in the passing game. He also would have had Maurice Jones-Drew in the backfield to help take pressure off of him.
 Chrisdan57
Msg: 421
Tebow Time
Posted: 4/10/2012 6:38:54 AM
This book to start with

http://www.amazon.com/Through-My-Eyes-Tim-Tebow/dp/0062007289
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 422
Tebow Time
Posted: 4/11/2012 5:55:03 AM

A sample reading from the above link reveals this.

...and further reading would reveal that what you are referring to was an auction on ebay of his books and nothing more.

Here is a link to Tebows PR page for the book on his own page and no mention of any charities:

http://www.timtebowfoundation.org/news/2010-11-08-through-my-eyes-be-released-april-2011

Ergo: nothing new or special here.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 423
Tebow Time
Posted: 4/11/2012 6:24:42 AM

So you are saying the quote on the Ebay stories site is false? And you know this how??...

No, I am saying the quote on the e-bay page was in reference to those sales associated with the e-bay auction and nothing more.

...I'll post on his FB page and see what he says...

You will not see what he says, you will see what the person who runs is fb page says on his behalf.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 424
Tebow Time
Posted: 4/11/2012 10:14:17 AM

You should check out his page....Sure seems to me like he's in charge and answers all his posts personally, but you be the judge as that seems to be your forte

I would, but I do not use fb.
 good_catch77
Msg: 425
Tebow Time
Posted: 4/11/2012 10:35:34 AM

..Sure seems to me like he's in charge and answers all his posts personally, but you be the judge as that seems to be your forte

People have no problem judging other athletes...what makes Tebow so special?
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Tebow Time