Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Tebow Time      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 426
Tebow TimePage 18 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
Tebow sues t-shirt vendor for using his name, no not Tebow, the other one, Jesus.

Tim Tebow reportedly takes legal action against maker of 'MY Jesus' T-shirts
Published May 16, 2012
NewsCore

Jets backup quarterback Tim Tebow is taking legal action against a company selling T-shirts featuring the words "MY Jesus" in a design similar to the "NY Jets" logo, TMZ reported Wednesday, citing a cease-and-desist letter from his lawyers.

In a letter sent last month, lawyers for Tebow demanded that Cubby Tees stop selling the T-shirts -- which the company admits were produced to reference Tebow's strong Christian faith -- because they give the impression their client endorses the product.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/05/16/tim-tebow-reportedly-takes-legal-action-against-maker-my-jesus-t-shirts/#ixzz1vAHJaXT2
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 427
Tebow Time
Posted: 5/17/2012 4:58:43 PM

And your point is??

Either Tebow is Jesus or he just thinks he owns the copy-rite to Jesus.
 40Golfer
Msg: 428
Tebow Time
Posted: 5/19/2012 6:23:37 AM
Tebow is special because he is a winner and and he is being true to who he is. He is also giving back to causes he believes in. Maybe he is too preachy but I would gladly take that over all these felons the league seems to have now. I think Tebow will be the player who takes charge of the Jets lockeroom and leads them to a championship just by the way he works and plays the game.
 Blalah
Msg: 429
Tebow Time
Posted: 5/19/2012 2:29:49 PM
It's fairly borderline in my view. The arbitrators may see it clear cut towards one side or the other.
The company isn't backing down. Makes for a stimulating (off season) story. Interesting enough for TMZ anyway.

SweetLilGTP
Msg: 430
Tebow Time
Posted: 9/4/2012 8:13:37 PM
HA!!

All you haters should love this.

I wonder if this writer plans to do this all year. (has so far)

;P

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000057974/article/nfl-power-rankings-saints-falcons-up-patriots-eagles-down?module=HP11_hot_topics

Do you see it?
 40Golfer
Msg: 431
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/19/2012 3:55:16 PM
The Jets suck and they obviously do not like winners. Rex is a toe sucking moron who did more damage to Tebow by not playing him Hopefully Tim gets a fair shot to play by someone who knows how to further develop QBs. Tebow is a winner and I love that about him. If he works hard, which he will because he is a winner, the rest will come. The game of football is not a sprint it is a marathon.
 Crsdan57
Msg: 432
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/27/2012 7:08:34 AM

Keep your hopes up, as Tebow may soon be in the CFL for your viewing pleasure

I dont think the CFL wants him Pete. They only have three downs and a wider field. He wouldnt work well there. Maybe Jacksonville will bring him home. They suck and dont draw, with Tebow at quarterback they will still suck but at least they should draw better.
 40Golfer
Msg: 433
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/28/2012 11:44:47 AM
Oh sorry Pete it was one Heisman and 2 National Championships, my bad. Tebow also BEAT the jets last year with no name receivers! Elway made the best decision football wise in grabbing Peyton but how many years left does he have?
The Saints are cheats, Bounties on players is illegal in the NFL as why their coach is out for a year and he easily could have prevented it.
 Crsdan57
Msg: 434
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/28/2012 12:26:45 PM
Golfer, first off college football doesnt necessarily translate to the pros. A Heisman and 2 national champions means an excellent college carrer. Thats it,

You are like every other Tebow fan you dont want the facts to screw up a good story. First off, yes they beat the Jets. He was 9 for 20 for 104 yards and one TD pass and a quarterback rating of 77 and by the way one of those no name receivers is Demaryius Thomas. He has 87 catches for 1300 yards and 9 Tds with Manning throwing to him.

The Saints didnt cheat, they put bounties on players it is not a question of cheating it is a question of ethics.

No matter how many years Manning has left it will be more than Tebow has playing quarterback. You think even the most devout Tebow fans would have realized that the problem is that HE CANT PLAY!!

Stick to golf....you really dont know d1ck about the NFL
 40Golfer
Msg: 435
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/29/2012 8:09:13 AM
Bounties in the NFL are illegal, teams are not allowed to pay players beyond their contracts,crsdan learn about football already! Tebow also knocked off the Steelers and even though his numbers suck he finds a way to get things done when it matters most. Manning is one of the best QBs ever so naturally Bronco receivers will have much better numbers. Manning could make anyone look good the way he throws.
 Crsdan57
Msg: 436
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/30/2012 6:47:26 AM
Bounties are illegal. You said that the Saints are cheats. They didn't cheat. Cheating relates to an unfair advantage on the field i.e. PEDs. The Saint players did nothing to cheat as confirmed by the NFL when they reversed the suspensions of the players. The Broncos did beat a Steeler team that was on the down swing as proved by their absence from the play-offs this year. Manning is one of the greatest of all time but he can't turn a "no name" receiver into a 1400 yard receiver. As far as knowing football, though not real proud of it, I have forgotten more about the NFL then you will ever learn and one thing I am sure of is that if Timmy's skills remain as is, and looking at his lack of improvement to this point I see nothing to think they will improve, he will not be playing quarterback in the NFL after the next publicity stunt, probably Jacksonville. Continue whining about his lack of opportunities. The fact of the matter is that winning is worth millions and any player that can help a team win will get a chance. He had a chance and what he showed in games very few, if anybody, is buying.
 40Golfer
Msg: 437
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/30/2012 7:33:54 AM
Obviously you have forgotten too much or you just never really new much to begin with. Tebow's former denver teammates spoke up and told everyone, give Tebow game time that is when he will make his mark. the Jags may try for him and I hope that he goes there and gets a solid chance. If he fails fine, I will concede that I was wrong, but I believe he is a winner and he will prevail. Mind you I plan on being off this site before that happens anyways.
 Crsdan57
Msg: 438
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/30/2012 8:19:30 AM
"Multiple Broncos players told Freeman last year's 8-8 playoff team was better than its record. They argued Tebow -- lauded for his heroics -- held Denver back on the field."
This quote from an article I read. If you want the link I will give it to you. Do a google search "teammates rip Tebow" and read. I am sorry but you are just clueless. In 3 years and 353 attempts he has a completion percentage of 47.9. That is pathetic. His rating is 75.3 also, not good. He may be a great person, I really don't know or care. What I do know is a NFL quarterback when I see one. He ain't it

They don't boot you off the site if you meet someone. I havent been looking for a while but continue to enjoy the forums. So in a couple of years when Timmy is working for Florida as a coach stop by and eat some crow.
 natgoat227
Msg: 439
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/30/2012 12:20:28 PM
TT's #'s would have been _Considerably_ better, last year ...
...IF...
Several of his receivers could catch a ball that was delivered Directly into their ~Weak-Spot~....
* Right between the Numbers / Right in the Hands *
(Check the game tapes!)
I don't know what the Broncos got in exchange from the jets , for him...but...
I think they should've Kept Him!!
The Manning/ Tebow combo on the field (even if for only a few select plays
[...and not just to see if he could "Follow Orders"] )...would have driven defenses NUTZ!!!
 40Golfer
Msg: 440
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/30/2012 2:36:05 PM
I think that the Broncos should have kept Tebow and let him learn from Peyton! What a tutor for Tebow and he has the work ethic to make the most out of it. How many more years does Manning have? 2 maybe 3, one hit the wrong way and he is done.
 Crsdan57
Msg: 441
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/30/2012 3:13:52 PM
Its tough to teach accuracy. Manning wasn't brought in to play tutor to a circus side show that can't throw. He was brought in to win a championship. You people really don't get it.
 icevice
Msg: 442
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/1/2013 7:55:27 PM
Tebow will be starting QB first week for Jacksonville.

I don't think they get a QB with that #2 pick.

As for the Heisman, I believe Tebow did indeed have a lot more first places votes in his 3rd year than Bradford but the voting system allowed Bradford to steal it. So Tebow should in fact be considered a two time Heisman winner.
 ChowFun
Msg: 443
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/10/2013 6:03:47 PM
All hoopla, dissing and prestige aside, I thing Tebow's game could very well be tailor made for Canada ball.
 natgoat227
Msg: 444
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/17/2013 7:51:12 AM
Well....WhereEver he ends up, next year...(And it better not be in N.Y.!!..)...
I hope he Kicks absolute Butt!!!
Much like the 4 Grey Cups won by ...(What's his name...I'm blank, ....and my rollodex is broken...$#!+ !!)
 Crsdan57
Msg: 445
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/17/2013 9:58:08 AM

I hope he Kicks absolute Butt!!!

He would have to kick butt, he wouldnt be able to hit it by throwing at it
 40Golfer
Msg: 446
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/19/2013 8:03:34 PM
All you naysayers choke on this, Tebow has more PLAYOFF Wins, as a Bronco, than Manning does. Tebow knows how to win Peyton choked AGAIN. Can't argue with that Ladies.
 Crsdan57
Msg: 447
Tebow Time
Posted: 1/20/2013 7:06:08 PM
That is so damn stupid it is not worth a rebuttal. I think it was Mark Twain who said "never argue with a fool onlookers may not be able to tell which
one the fool is".
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 448
Tebow Time
Posted: 4/30/2013 8:45:36 AM

Keep your hopes up, as Tebow may soon be in the CFL for your viewing pleasure.

Well looks like the Montreal Alouettes would only consider Tebow as a backup for a 40 year old, so put another overrated college QB that never made it on the pile.

So my prediction would be, after he spends some time at the pulpit, he runs for political office.
 MGMLION
Msg: 449
Tebow Time
Posted: 5/1/2013 9:25:11 AM
I don't think that Tim Tebow is being bashed for being a Christian. He simply wasn't good enough and a lot of Christian don't want to accept it instead they're insisting that someone lets him play because he is a Christian and that's wrong.There are other QBs and players in the league that are Christians and earned their spots on the field and the roster.Sam Bradford, Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, RGIII, Andrew Luck and Colt McCoy are just a few who profess Christianity. They earned their spots on the team through ability and hard work.They're just not using Christianity and a shield against constructive criticism and a battery ram to get their way. Tim Tebow and most of his followers are really behaving like selfish children.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 450
Tebow Time
Posted: 6/11/2013 5:13:00 AM
Tim going to the Patriots?

He simply wasn't good enough and a lot of Christian don't want to accept it instead they're insisting that someone lets him play because he is a Christian

I don't think that Bill Belicheck is picking up Tebow solely because he's a christian!
Unlike the morons who run the Jets; Belicheck is no dope!
He sees something in Tebow that few if any other teams have yet to figure out.
Maybe its his versatility or his motivation which is second to none.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Tebow Time