Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Tebow Time      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DartmouthRunner
Msg: 26
Tebow TimePage 2 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
For every Elway there are probably 5 David Carr's.

Tebow does deserve a chance, but lets keep thing in perspective here. His team is in desperation territory now, they need a hero badly. The poor kid is being propped up like a God for beating the Dolphins. We all know that beating the Dolphins isn't something to brag about this season.

I kind of feel sorry for the kid because I have a feeling he's going to get chewed up.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 27
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/2/2011 7:07:18 PM
Steel, I guess that you don't realize that TO is still all that and a bag of chips!! Just ask him and he'll tell ya! That man is clearly a legend in his own mind!

He never let me down in fantasy scores....ever.

Tebow is a pretty good QB; as shown from his college days. The fans, however, may end up rippin him when he loses a few more games; which he will.

His team blows

I wouldnt judge him based on a game against...The Lions. That D line is like 4 Jevon Kerses; all coming at ya at the same time.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/2/2011 8:45:40 PM
Paul thorwing motion means very little if you can't time your throws in which bradshaw couldn't for the first few years. He was an utter mess.

Oh come on flag football is nothing compared to tackle football anyone can go up and rip a flag off. learning how to tackle and tackle correctly is a hell of a lot more phyical. That's just silly....
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/3/2011 11:28:04 AM
linemen have to learn how to tackle if the ball gets an int they become part of the defense at that point.
 TDH49
Msg: 30
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/3/2011 11:31:54 AM

linemen have to learn how to tackle if the ball gets an int they become part of the defense at that point.
And with him completing more passes to the defence than the offence, they really do need to tackle better.

BTW. has he completed more passes for touch downs to the defence than offence so far in his career? everytime I looked up last week the defence was scoring while the Denver offence was on the field. But maybe it just seems that way? What does the real numbers say?
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/3/2011 11:57:20 AM
One game dude out of 2 games that he has started in his career and one of those 2 games he started played against a top ranked defense none the less. Oh ontop of the fact that Tebow is playing with the worst offense against the pass rush in the league!
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/3/2011 6:53:24 PM
Then you are comparing it to tackle football in which the NFL plays.

The rules aren't any diff. You think Rivers total choke didn't require him to get a good feel for the ball when he fumbled it during a hike? Sure did.

You don't think a QB doesn't need the ability to have finesse in tackle football when he throws the ball down field? Sure does..

Yes i have played flag football and real tackle football in high school and it's soo much easier to stop someone by pulling their flag than trying to get someone down to the ground like tackling. All you do is grab a flag. In tackle football you have to know how to tackle which tackling someone to the ground is a hell of a lot harder to do then reaching out and grabbing someones flag when you have to factor in the guys size. Size doesn't mean that much in flag football, because everyone is equal when all you have to do is pull a flag.
 MGMLION
Msg: 33
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/3/2011 8:08:15 PM

Yes i have played flag football and real tackle football in high school and it's soo much easier to stop someone by pulling their flag than trying to get someone down to the ground like tackling.

I have to disagree on that as playing flag football is more like playing tag with the runner while playing tackle football the running back is going to run straight ahead which is the shortest distance to the goal line and all you do is make the tackle.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/3/2011 8:33:59 PM
lol all you have to do is make a tackle. You act like that's easy to do. Ever try to tackle a 250 pound full back? It's a heel of a lot easier to grab a flag to stop someone that size running, than to tackle someone that size.

Running backs don't just run straight if that was the case then they wouldn't get a whole lot of yards because a lot of the time they run into the heart of the defensive line which makes it much harder to gain a lot of yards then to run outside line routes. Many running backsrun outside routes to evade the defensive line for the max amount of yardage. The vast majority of time you see running backs run straight is full backs for short yardarge to get first downs or goal line runs for touchdowns.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/4/2011 1:45:19 PM
Um no you were acting as if that it's somehow harder in tackle football to throw the ball that way then in flag football relating that question.

Tebow won national championships for the Gators so how is it that he can't play at the college level? That doesn't even make any sense. LOL

Yeah you did you were the one that kept brought up flag football in the first place and comapred it to the diff aspects of tackle football.

Then why even compare it in the first place?
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/4/2011 2:56:57 PM
Last time it's harder to throw a ball under pressure when you are about to get drilled then it is if someone rips your flag.

So what in the hell does flag football have anything to do with Tebow in the NFL. I mean come on. flag football can't be compared to tackle football in the QB position. You want to compare hockey to lacrosse too? LOL

Uh yeah you stated that he wouldn't be a good QB in flag football in high school is some sort of joke isn't it? I don't know any high school at least where I live that plays flag football first of all as a legit competition sport like they do tackle football in which almost every high school plays. And second of all it just goes to show me that you have never played actual competitive tackle football to make something to compare on that level between tackle football and flag football. If you can play tackle football you sure the hell can play flag football and you sure the hell are able to throw the ball better in flag football than you are in tackle football, because you don't have 250+ pound lbs threating to drill your ass from pressure from the pocket. A little less stressful than someone just coming around and reaching for a flag.

To sit there and use flag football to anything comparable to tackle football is beyond words. He didn't get drafted in the NFL because he can't play. I don't know of any pro football player that got drafted to the NFL playing flag football...

Well I don't see how you can say it can never be resolved when he has only played 5 games as a starter. Tell me this when he has actually played an entire season as a starter if his throwing motion hasn't improved by then.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/4/2011 3:57:03 PM
Who is saying he is the second coming of anything. I simply stated give him a chance. No one knows how well he can develop as a QB from not until next season. Having the right coaching staff around you and an offensive line that's not the worst in the league against the pass rush makes all the diff in the world.

Diff is I've actually played football on a competive level not a receational level. so i would tend to know a little more about how hard it is to play a certain sport given the fact that i've actually played that sport on a competitive level then someone that hasn't.

Really so He didn't throw meduim passes against the Chargers that he was pulled from the bench and replaced Orton to almost bring Denver back to win that game? He didn't help lead his team down 15 points against Miami and helped him when that game either right.. So what's Painters excuse then? At least Tebow has won a game in the NFL. Painter is still yet to win a game as a starter, he has played more games then Tebow, has a better offensive line then Tebow and he has been in the league a season longer then Tebow has.

So you compare a recreational sport to physical intense sports with guys coming to nail you at every corner? And gee it seemed like he threw the ball pretty well in college which is anything more physical then flag football is. LOL Hell I can throw a ball playing flag football to people down range knowing the fact that I don't have to worry about getting my ass nailed to the ground by 250+ lb defensive linemen. So to compare the two and how a QB reacts in two types of scenarios is truly absurd.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/4/2011 4:24:16 PM
I make it to easy to expose your hypocrisy? I guess so considering i didn't say any names, but gee you sound guilty of what I just said. And who is bragging? Did I brag about being an awesome football player? I simply stated that those that have actually played on that level know more then those that didn't. So how is that bragging when that's stating a simple logical fact?

You honestly don't know that. Talk about false assumptions.. that's a prime example of it. No one knows what Tebow will end up being like a year or two from now. I don't you, don't, no one does.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/4/2011 4:58:18 PM
How is that bragging? Bragging is when you are gloating about something. Where did I say anything in regards to me gloating about playing football when it was in correlation to knowing the physical nature of it since I played it and was comparing flag football to tackle football because of it. That's not gloating that's called being knowledgeable about something due to having first hand experience in regards to what i'm talking about. Big diff.

Well then if that's the case i guess that wasn't a false asummption then wasn't it even if i was directed at that person...
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/4/2011 5:49:22 PM
I was referring to anyone. If I was just referring to you I would have mentioned just you.
 MGMLION
Msg: 41
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/4/2011 10:03:07 PM
Tebow would probally be a better baseball pitcher as he throws the football more like a baseball.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/7/2011 6:17:08 AM
You see him play yesterday? Doesn't look like he sucks nearly as bad as people want to believe. lol. Am I a Tebow fan? Hell yeah I am. I'm always rooting for the underdog that soo many people have already gave up on. 100 yards rushing and two TD's should tell people that they were jumping to conclusions way too early on this kid. Like i said let the man play and give the guy a chance to develope.
 Natgoat
Msg: 43
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/7/2011 10:07:57 AM
I was Shocked to hear that a Heisman Trophy Winner went _22_nd in the draft..!!
Doubly Shocked to hear that Denver got him..!!
If they continue to let him move around...And protect him...there's No Limit where he can take the team and the City..!!
~ Keep Rollin'-rollin'-rollin'...Keep Rollin'-rollin'-rollin'.....!!
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/7/2011 8:10:08 PM
10 plus yards?

First TD was like 35 yard pass.

Second TD was like 32 yard pass.

And his throwing motion looked good on both throws.

Even Deon Sanders commited by saying he had a great throw on his second TD pass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O04q0EvsDuw
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/8/2011 12:41:46 PM
Oh give me a break that wasn't what you were referring to if that was the case then you would have said 25+ yards. Quit trying to cover up your mistake.

No it was more like 27 yards then if you count that.

Awkward and slow well Deon Sanders sure thought his throws were good. Then again i forgot you know more then Deon Sanders because you actually played WR in the NFL. lol.

Why are you comparing guyes that's been in the league for 7+ years vs a guy that's only played his 3rd full game of a starter? I mean jesus of course they are going to throw the ball better then Tebow.

Armchair QB. You act like you have personal exp in throwing the ball. Gee why aren't you a QB coach in the NFL if you got it all figured out. lol Typical....
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/8/2011 4:51:52 PM
No but the way you are acting is as if you have had actually had legit exp at the QB spot. As if you somehow have actual first hand exp in throwing motions. Well if you are such the awesome QB coach why aren't you his QB coach right now and show Tebow how it's done? lol

So if you are acknowledging this then who are you to judge him on his throwing motion....

No i never said that, but you crap on the guy and even when he does good you try to find stuff negative about him and still crap on him...
 hoopsnhikes
Msg: 47
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/8/2011 5:10:48 PM

Oh give me a break that wasn't what you were referring to if that was the case then you would have said 25+ yards. Quit trying to cover up your mistake.

This is confusing. All you have to do is go back and read his original post to see that the 10+ yards comment was referring to Tebow's dropping back, and not the length of his throws. And I believe he was saying that the passes were even longer than you gave him credit for.

Where did the 25+ yards and 27 yards come from?

Awkward and slow well Deon Sanders sure thought his throws were good. Then again i forgot you know more then Deon Sanders because you actually played WR in the NFL. lol.

Maybe the moderators should be alerted that Prime thought Tebow looked great on his second TD pass. Then they can close this thread since the discussion is obviously over.

I've heard other former NFL players and coaches say he looks pretty bad...by your own reasoning, does this mean you know more than them?

Armchair QB. You act like you have personal exp in throwing the ball. Gee why aren't you a QB coach in the NFL if you got it all figured out. lol Typical...

How is this any different than what you are doing? I actually agree with several things you've said about Tebow in this thread, but this whole post just seemed a bit defensive and bizarre.

No but the way you are acting is as if you have had actually had legit exp at the QB spot. As if you somehow have actual first hand exp in throwing motions.

Actually, you're the one who said you know more about it based on your previous playing experience....
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/8/2011 6:13:56 PM
Ok i think you highly mis-read the fact that we are talking about meduim passes in which you obv weren't in the debate earlier that was going on about .

Um no i wasn't in fact i was giving him credit throwing the ball beyond those yards. Did you not read that? Apprently not. We were talking throw to catch ratio. Now if you wanted to include yards gain after the catch sure, but the arguement was made based on the fact that he couldn't throw medium passes peroid.

Um where did you get any correlation in which i based that i knew more then they do when i'm quoting an actual NFL player? That doesn't make any sense. So where you came up with that correlation i have no idea. And as for the sarcastic remark about Deon Sanders that was in correlation to someone that actually knows about throws vs someone that's never played on that level let alone any other level.

How is this any diff? Well lets see i'm not crapping on the man thinking that i'm some expert in throwing motions as if i can go out there and teach Tebow how to throw a ball when i was never a QB on that level let alone anything else to that degree.

Why is it bizarre? Because i'm one of the few that actually isn't jumping to conlsuions and giving this man a chance instead of throwing him under the bus already in his 3rd game?

Um no i didn't. Why don't you re-read that argument. It was in regards to tackle football vs flag football and the correlation diff between the two and since i've actually played tackle football on a competitive level I do have legit first hand exp in regards to the added pressure a QB has to face vs flag flag football.
 justin5502
Msg: 49
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/9/2011 11:52:46 AM
Tebow is a WINNER!
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/9/2011 4:25:13 PM

10 plus yards?

First TD was like 35 yard pass.

Second TD was like 32 yard pass.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correct me if I am wrong, but the 32 and 35 yds you are referring to are the yards from the line of scrimmage, so you would have to add at least 10 to 13 yds on each one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No it's not any diff when you must try to find everything wrong with the man even when he had a good game, that's crapping.

Well it's funny you talk about his throwing motion as if you actually was a QB as if you have personal exp and can throw the ball better then he can. lol

No assumptions just stating fact. You said it yourself that you are an armchair QB.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Tebow Time