Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Tebow Time      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Crsdan57
Msg: 440
Tebow TimePage 25 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
That is so damn stupid it is not worth a rebuttal. I think it was Mark Twain who said "never argue with a fool onlookers may not be able to tell which
one the fool is".
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 441
Tebow Time
Posted: 4/30/2013 8:45:36 AM

Keep your hopes up, as Tebow may soon be in the CFL for your viewing pleasure.

Well looks like the Montreal Alouettes would only consider Tebow as a backup for a 40 year old, so put another overrated college QB that never made it on the pile.

So my prediction would be, after he spends some time at the pulpit, he runs for political office.
 MGMLION
Msg: 442
Tebow Time
Posted: 5/1/2013 9:25:11 AM
I don't think that Tim Tebow is being bashed for being a Christian. He simply wasn't good enough and a lot of Christian don't want to accept it instead they're insisting that someone lets him play because he is a Christian and that's wrong.There are other QBs and players in the league that are Christians and earned their spots on the field and the roster.Sam Bradford, Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, RGIII, Andrew Luck and Colt McCoy are just a few who profess Christianity. They earned their spots on the team through ability and hard work.They're just not using Christianity and a shield against constructive criticism and a battery ram to get their way. Tim Tebow and most of his followers are really behaving like selfish children.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 443
Tebow Time
Posted: 6/11/2013 5:13:00 AM
Tim going to the Patriots?

He simply wasn't good enough and a lot of Christian don't want to accept it instead they're insisting that someone lets him play because he is a Christian

I don't think that Bill Belicheck is picking up Tebow solely because he's a christian!
Unlike the morons who run the Jets; Belicheck is no dope!
He sees something in Tebow that few if any other teams have yet to figure out.
Maybe its his versatility or his motivation which is second to none.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 444
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 6/12/2013 4:09:59 AM
It could be that Belichick and company saw how effective the Redskins-type formations were last year, and wanted to have the option to run things like them. Tebow could probably do that more easily than Brady. Not to mention, that Tebow was probably very inexpensive to sign.

Really though, I've thought from the beginning, that there was more media hype than anything else to the Tebow story. If it had not been for the fuss about his religious beliefs and habits, I think he would simply have been one more of the many not-so-special QB's to enter, and then quickly exit the NFL. He went into Denver as a backup, and had a few over-blown comeback victories there. That sort of thing has happened again and again to young backups, often because the opposing team's defense had over-prepared for the primary QB, and couldn't respond and adapt to the change to the new guy, rather than because the new guy was all that talented. Add the "magic of prayer" to the story, and the results are almost cartoonish.
 Crsdan57
Msg: 445
Tebow Time
Posted: 6/12/2013 5:59:11 AM
Bellichick and Brady will whip him up to be a super QB.

The problem with this theory is that he lacks a key ingredient in becoming a super quarterback, talent. The Patriot offense is built around quick decisions and accurate passing., Tebow can do neither. This is merely a function of McDaniels trying to prove to everyone that he was right and Bellichick's ego is large enough to think he can handle the media hype surrounding a bad quarterback who may be able to play another position. To think Brady will have anything to do with the "development" of Tebow is naïve at best. I would bet Brady is pissed that the Patriots didn't have the money to sign his favorite target but can throw it away on a circus clown. Id be surprised if Tebow is on the roster for game one.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 446
Tebow Time
Posted: 6/12/2013 6:33:53 AM

Patriots should use him as 'relief QB', I wonder why football never use the term.
If partiots lead by 20 points after 3 quarters, there is no reason to tire old Brady down

This is a good point!
Being a "baseball" guy I often wondered why would an NFL team leaves their starting Qb in for the whole game when they are well ahead is beyond me given the risk of injury as the game progresses.
 Crsdan57
Msg: 447
Tebow Time
Posted: 6/12/2013 6:49:12 AM

This is a good point!
Being a "baseball" guy I often wondered why would an NFL team leaves their starting Qb in for the whole game when they are well ahead is beyond me given the risk of injury as the game progresses.

They don't. They will bring in the back-up if they feel the game is in hand. The key is when the game is in hand. Most NFL fans can easily remember a 20+ point come back either their team had or gave up. Nfl offenses are based on timing and execution. The starting quarterback normally takes every snap in practice during the week of a game. Nothing can cause a blown lead faster than putting in a back-up quarterback who hasn't practiced with the starting offense since they broke training camp.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 448
Tebow Time
Posted: 6/12/2013 8:32:09 AM
The starting quarterback normally takes every snap in practice during the week of a game. Nothing can cause a blown lead faster than putting in a back-up quarterback who hasn't practiced with the starting offense since they broke training camp.

Leads can be blown way easier in Baseball (often by relief pitchers) than in any other sport. If you allow 2-3 men on base you can lose a comfortable lead in one swing of a bat by a good hitter. I don't see that to be the case in the NFL since it is your defense that will blow a lead rather than your offense. As a back-up Qb, all you have to do is keep possession and run down the clock; (a privilege you don't get in Baseball) and from what I can tell in my limited knowledge, you don't need your starting Qb to do that.

(IMO)It seems foolish & idiotic to me that backup Qb's don't practice with the starting offense after training camp. They ought to find time to have him practice with the offense at least a few days each week on basic plays. WTF is he getting paid for otherwise! What would happen if the starting Qb got hurt late in the season?

Lastly, the best way to keep your backup Qb from getting rusty is to give him a bit of play time once in awhile.
 Crsdan57
Msg: 449
Tebow Time
Posted: 6/12/2013 9:09:23 AM
You are really talking apples and oranges here. You bring in a relief pitcher because the starter is either ineffective or he has thrown somewhere in the area of 100 pitches, all of which he has thrown with full effort, there are no "touch" pitches in baseball even the change-up has to be thrown with maximum arm speed to simulate a fastball. Also his whole job is to throw the ball past a batter it is not when to throw or where to throw or trying to recognize what defense the other team is in. The pitcher doesn't have to practice with the other 8 starters to be effective. Many things come into play along with your starting pitcher including that a quality starter may throw 200 innings during the year which may mean he throws the ball 2000 to 3000 times during a season. An Nfl quarterback throws the ball at most 40 times over 16 games which is maybe 640 throws a season. An NFl offense has to execute on all levels to be effective. Execution comes from practice, that is why the back-up rarely takes snaps with the starting offense.

I wont even get into rhythm of the offense.
 vbxtc
Msg: 450
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 6/16/2013 5:57:24 AM
(My personal theory) For those who wonder why Tebow is on the Patriots squad this year, just think short yardage situations and remember that Danny Woodhead is now in San Diego...
 02HDF150
Msg: 451
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 6/16/2013 3:28:32 PM
I'm a Patriot fan and the Tebow thing surprises me alot. But here's my 2 cents:

Ryan Mallett is Brady's backup. He's a good qb with a great arm. Before the draft, the Browns were interested in making a trade with the Pats for him, but the Patriots said no. He has the ability to be the starter after Brady decides to hang it up.

The Patriots have always tried to stay one step ahead of the defenses when it comes to their offense. During their 1 loss Superbowl year they were able to stretch the defenses because of guys like Moss and Welker. Then, the Pats went with 2 very athletic tight Ends with Gronk and Hernandez. Again, creating headaches for defensive coordinators.

With Tebow in camp, I can't imagine they are going to use him like he was used in NY. Defenses could anticipate the plays he'd run if he's brought in games to replace Brady for a play or 2. The Pats will create new offensive schemes with him and Brady in the game that will be different than what any defense has ever seen before from Tebow.
 hoopsnhikes
Msg: 452
Tebow Time
Posted: 6/18/2013 8:29:54 PM

(My personal theory) For those who wonder why Tebow is on the Patriots squad this year, just think short yardage situations and remember that Danny Woodhead is now in San Diego...

I never really considered Woodhead much of a short yardage option. For very short yardage, nobody runs the QB sneak better than Brady. And they have other backs a lot bigger than Woodhead. I have heard the "fill the Woodhead role" elsewhere though, and don't really get it. Woodhead is much quicker with more acceleration/burst, at least from what I've seen of Tebow. I'm guessing better pass catching abilitly as well.

As for Tebow's actual role (if any) on the field, if he makes the team as the 3rd QB, I don't know. After the acquisition, on one of the local radio shows out of Boston, they were running through all the other 3rd string QB's in the league, most of whom I knew nothing about, or had never even heard of. With the point being, if you get to the point where you're relying on your 3rd string QB, there's a good chance you're screwed anyway. So I can think of worse things than having someone with Tebow's unique skill set occupying that spot. It's not like he's going to create a QB controversy just by being there, like he did being behind Orton and Sanchez.
 nipoleon
Msg: 453
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 6/20/2013 12:41:46 AM
I don't know what the Pats are going to do with him.
Maybe he could be the 1st string place holder ?

The Pats have no use for a glorified option quarterback with shaky passing skills.
He would be much better as a backup in San Francisco or Carolina.
 Crsdan57
Msg: 454
Tebow Time
Posted: 6/20/2013 6:32:44 AM

Woodhead is much quicker with more acceleration/burst, at least from what I've seen of Tebow. I'm guessing better pass catching abilitly as well.

He probably can throw better too.
 hoopsnhikes
Msg: 455
Tebow Time
Posted: 6/20/2013 8:12:49 AM

I don't know what the Pats are going to do with him.

Considering that come week 1, Gronk could be in traction and Hernandez could be in jail, maybe there is something to all the Tebow at TE talk.
 vbxtc
Msg: 456
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 7/7/2013 2:50:42 PM

I never really considered Woodhead much of a short yardage option. For very short yardage, nobody runs the QB sneak better than Brady. And they have other backs a lot bigger than Woodhead. I have heard the "fill the Woodhead role" elsewhere though, and don't really get it. Woodhead is much quicker with more acceleration/burst, at least from what I've seen of Tebow. I'm guessing better pass catching abilitly as well.

When I made the Woodhead statement I did not consider for one second that Tebow would be in the game for Brady at qb. In the backfield, however, is a an entirely different thought. Love him or hate him, Tebow brings an athletic 260 pounds and a nose for yard markers to the game. Reminds me of a much bigger version of Rock Cartwright. Not as quick as Woodhead , but bigger. He's someone you give the ball to and say, "we need two yards now go get it". He's been doing that since his freshman year at Florida.
 statemachine500
Msg: 457
Tebow Time
Posted: 9/20/2013 5:58:47 PM

There's a grass roots movement in the Jacksonville area trying to get the Jacksonville Jags to sign Tebow and dump Blaine Gabbert. Personally, I don't think that the Jags D is strong enough to support Tebow.

They already have one white quarterback.I notice they have some white guys now,team was really black a few years ago.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 458
Tebow Time
Posted: 9/20/2013 9:44:13 PM

I don't think that the Jags D is strong enough to support Tebow.

So what, The Jags are 0--2 (soon to be 0--3) and are stinking the place out!
If the management had any common sense, they'd get Tebow in as QB, even if just for PR reasons
You never know what he might stir up.
better to make a move now while they have some chance to salvage the season.

team was really black a few years ago.

So what, they stunk then too!
 statemachine500
Msg: 459
Tebow Time
Posted: 9/21/2013 2:41:06 PM

team was really black a few years ago.

So what, they stunk then too!

I know they did.I think they were jinxed.
Msg: 460
Tebow Time
Posted: 9/29/2013 10:07:43 PM

So what, The Jags are 0--2 (soon to be 0--3) and are stinking the place out!
If the management had any common sense, they'd get Tebow in as QB, even if just for PR reasons
You never know what he might stir up.
better to make a move now while they have some chance to salvage the season.

Reason why sorry Jacksonville wouldn't give Tebow a chance is that Tebow would pull out a few victories on his own but yet cost Jacksonville a first round draft pick.
 vbxtc
Msg: 461
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 9/29/2013 11:00:17 PM

There's a grass roots movement in the Jacksonville area trying to get the Jacksonville Jags to sign Tebow and dump Blaine Gabbert. Personally, I don't think that the Jags D is strong enough to support Tebow.

Not like they could do any worse, and he'd probably put at least a couple more butts in seats.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 462
Tebow Time
Posted: 9/30/2013 2:26:59 PM

Not like they could do any worse,

Chances are that they would probably do better, because Tebow has presence and is a better motivator; what he lacks in skill is made up by his heart!

he'd probably put at least a couple more butts in seats.

Absolutely true, and you might wonder why they can't see it!
But then again you are talking about one of the fukin dumbest managements in the whole NFL.
The only ones who are dumber are the fans who buy their tickets.
 1970Priceless
Msg: 463
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/23/2013 8:54:44 AM
Maybe Dallas should grab him, at least then they would have a running game. Have him throw quick slants to Dez and curls to Witten maybe not such a bad idea?
 statemachine500
Msg: 464
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/2/2013 3:52:35 PM
How are the Jets doing?
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Tebow Time