Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Tebow Time      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ChrisD1957
Msg: 101
Tebow TimePage 5 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
He really isnt unique. What is unique is the following and the hype surrounding him. He is an excellent athlete that combines size and speed not that unique for professional athletes playing in the NFL. Unfortunately for him he lacks the passing skills necessary to become a successful NFL quarterback. Who I feel bad for is Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn who both are more capable to play the position but were passed over because of the cult like following surrounding Tebow.
 ForumFilly
Msg: 102
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/18/2011 3:47:12 PM
Trouble is that the Broncos weren't winning with Orton. They didn't start winning until Tebow took over.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/18/2011 4:39:04 PM
He really isnt unique. What is unique is the following and the hype surrounding him.

What hype? Oh you mean when the vast majority of people slammed him since the day he was drafted to the NFL as a QB?

Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn who both are more capable to play the position but were passed over because of the cult like following surrounding Tebow

Really, well if Orton was playing good he would still be starting. Quinn the guy had his chance it was called cleveland. You want to talk about hype Quinn was suppose to be the next Bernie Kosar for the Browns. hmmmm...
 newdejavu
Msg: 104
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/18/2011 9:07:28 PM
7 pages and counting this Tebow thread just keeps going.....might as well throw in my .02. No denying that Tebow is a hard worker, leader, and winner -- so far. He's led two 4th qtr comebacks against good defenses in the Dolphins and the Jets....but I can't help think he's doing it with smoke and mirrors. It kind of reminds me of the success Miami had a couple of years ago with the wildcat offense. I still don't think he was worth being a #1 draft pick. Defenses will scheme against him soon enough -- and he's going to get injured if he keeps running as much as he does.
 Playing with Madness
Msg: 105
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/18/2011 9:17:34 PM
I said it before with discussion with my friends and I am going to say it again.

I honestly believe that Tebow is the next Steve Young.

Yup guys, fire away. He has years to go and obviously huge feet to fill but the way I see him play reminds me of Young. Yes his passing is not there, yet! With each game Tebow plays, the more experience he gets. Each week, more plays are added. He is throwing the ball more. People criticize his passing skills, but one thing I would like to point out is his lack of INT's. I think he is trying to so hard to avoid those mistakes that he is throwing the ball too safe areas, and unfortunately it effects his receivers as well. I am sure that we are going to see his passing improve weekly.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 106
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/19/2011 10:13:12 AM
Trouble is that the Broncos weren't winning with Orton. They didn't start winning until Tebow took over.

And whem all the numbers are calculated, and the seasons on......

that's what matters.

;)

The man's a winner

Oh you mean when the vast majority of people slammed him since the day he was drafted to the NFL as a QB?

I missed that, and am not sure how anyone COULD slam him; given his college career.

Really, well if Orton was playing good

lol; it was bound to stop. THAT is a qb that flat out sucks.

SteelCity1981
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/19/2011 1:24:01 PM
I missed that, and am not sure how anyone COULD slam him; given his college career.

I don't see how you coul lol it was all over the place.. The media slamming him pretty much says it all. He can't be a QB in the NFL, what was the Broncos thinking in drafting him on and on and on, tebow will never be a backup QB in this league let alone a starter...
 Playing with Madness
Msg: 108
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/21/2011 6:14:35 PM
Tebow's passing yards may be down this year, but last year under a different coaching staff he did have one game over 300+ yards and another one over 200+ yards. He does have it in him, it's whether or not the coaching staff is comfortable with it.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/13200/year/2010/tim-tebow
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/23/2011 12:14:06 AM
The Denver Broncos cut quarterback Kyle Orton.

Tebow did it. :)

Since Cutler is now gone for the rest of the season maybe Orton can reunite with his old team now that he is cut from the Broncos.
 ChrisD1957
Msg: 110
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/23/2011 5:47:27 AM
The reports here in Chicago are that there is interest in Orton. It is also being reported that Orton and his agent went to the Broncos to obtain his release because of the situation with the Bears.

Cutler was not put on IR and the Bears have said he will be back for the final regular season game and the playoffs. if they make it. Most people here in Chicago are not as optimistic.
 Hawaiianluau
Msg: 111
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/23/2011 2:02:31 PM
Orton just signed with the KC Chiefs.
 ForumFilly
Msg: 112
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/27/2011 3:35:16 PM

Wooooooo!!!...Tebow beats the Chargers....Playoffs looking brighter..!!

Hey, HoldingHands... you're a bit premature. It's the beginning of the 4th quarter and it's 13-10 with San Diego in the lead. There's 14 1/2 minutes to go yet so it's anyone's game.

I'm torn as to who to cheer for though. I'm from San Diego and I love my Chargers but I now live in Florida and I've been a die-hard Tebow fan since his sophomore year as starting quarterback for the Gators. I really want him to do well in the pros and I think with his natural athletic ability and incredible work ethic, he can become an outstanding all-around quarterback.
 ForumFilly
Msg: 113
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/27/2011 4:51:25 PM
What a game and Tebow brought the Broncos to another win! And you can't b*tch about his passing during most of this game!
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 114
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/27/2011 4:52:42 PM

Tebow beats the Chargers

I was pretty sure it was the Broncos who beat them, but I really think the Tebow haters should probably notice that they're cause is not doing so well.

winning

Heck; lok at Grossman, and Jackson and some of the other Qbs!!

WAY worse than Tebow, no matter HOW you play the numbers.

he can become an outstanding all-around quarterback.

After a summer of camps and training; he'll be fine. (er)
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 115
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/27/2011 5:25:29 PM
I'm listening to the guy talk now; and frankly......

[Consumate Qb folks]

Get em Tbone.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/28/2011 11:47:00 AM
Riding high on that tebow train!

Funny what a few weeks does to a guy. the media and a lot of people were slamming the guy a few weeks back and now they are all jumping on his bandwagon.
 MGMLION
Msg: 117
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/28/2011 12:12:57 PM
If it was any other QB than Tebow the Broncos Defense would be getting all the praise. He won't win too many more games the way he's playing and can't score out of the teens.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/28/2011 12:38:51 PM
I don't see why not. Denver can win the next 4 out 5 games. I mean they have the Vikings next week, then Chicago (Cutler will still be out) then the patriots (that will prob be their loss) then Buffalo and KC. They can go 10-6 and win their division. the Raiders have Miami next week, then Detriot then Greenbay followed by Charger and KC. which could easily put the Raiders at 9-7 at the end of the season with the two games they got coming up back to back against Detriot and Greenbay.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 119
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/28/2011 2:49:23 PM
I still don't believe that he can keep up with an opponent that can put some points on the board and don't see how the Denver D will keep the game close against the Pats.

Though I think I agree with that; I would like to state that "Champ Bailey" "Brian Dawkins" and "Alex Dummerville" are real big dogs, with big teeth, that the rest of the division VERY much hopes.....do not wake up. All areas of D are covered. Top caliber: DB, LB, 'and' SS ALL playin at peak!!? Stealing balls, stuffin plays, and knocking folks out!?

UHoh

Is Dumerville a LB or End? Either way; he's an angry elephant on speed when he cooks!!

I was disapointed that they didn't run the option more. While they are winning by coming from behind, that is a very risky way to advance to the playoffs, and sooner or later all luck runs out.

Lol; are we talking about the Broncos fate, or the fate of a man who likes fishing and happens to have found a great odds stream to cash in on? ;P
 Sportsfreak89
Msg: 120
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/28/2011 3:50:44 PM
I've noticed something here that gives me reason to believe more that Tim Tebow will have a great career:

1. He's showing the NFL world that option offense plays can be run with the correct personnel.
2. He's showing the NFL that it takes more than pocket passing skills to be a great QB.
3. He has only one interception and one fumble in his starts this season in comparison to eight touchdown passes (Kyle Orton has this many with Denver but also had SEVEN interceptions to go with them).
4. He doesn't get rattled most of the time and plays to the whistle each and every time.
5. His leadership is about as great as you can ask for in a Quarterback. Many people forget that it takes more than being able to throw a football. Remember, there was a time in the game of American football where quarterbacks didn't throw the football at all.

Bottom line: He will surprise many people and like I said earlier, he won't do it by blowing away secondaries. Just because a few quarterbacks are successful by blowing away secondaries does not mean that's the only way to do it.
 feltersnatch
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/28/2011 3:57:22 PM
Tim Tebow is the new Doug Flutie...This 'Tebow Time' will soon be a thing of the past just like Flutie.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/29/2011 1:34:11 AM
I don't think so. Tebow is getting better and better as a QB each week and is argueably the best running QB in the league right now. If Tebow becomes a more accurate thrower he'll be a quality QB.
 ForumFilly
Msg: 123
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/29/2011 3:13:43 PM
Tim is 6'4" and weighs 245 lbs.
 TDH49
Msg: 124
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/29/2011 4:04:39 PM

Denver can win the next 4 out 5 games.
Delusional thinking, but that's to be expected from Tebow lovers.

I mean they have the Vikings next week, then Chicago (Cutler will still be out) then the patriots (that will prob be their loss) then Buffalo and KC. They can go 10-6 and win their division.
They will lose 3 of these games for sure. Stamp in losses for Pats, Buffalo, and Chicago even without Cutler. And if Cassel is back for Kc you can call that a loss also.

At best I see them finishing 8/8 and Elway drafting a quarterback for next year.

Denver is winning games for 3 reasons. Number 1 is the defence playing really really well. Number 2 is the fact that they are in a very lucky stretch where the teams they are facing can't score worth shit. The minute they cross path with a high scoring team the bubble will burst and the gig will be up.

Denver is winning in spite of Tebow. Sure he puts nice drive together at the end of a few games to put them in position to win. But it's the defence that's getting him to that position. But to hear the delusional fans talk it's all Tebow and the rest of the team sucks. When in reality it's all about the defence and the offence seriously sucks... especially at the quarterback position.
 ChrisD1957
Msg: 125
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/30/2011 6:04:24 AM

Denver is winning in spite of Tebow. Sure he puts nice drive together at the end of a few games to put them in position to win. But it's the defence that's getting him to that position

Thanks TDH...however, as I have noticed logic and Tebow dont mix. The Broncos have won because in the last 4 games they have won they allowed under 15 points per game. The defense has played extremely well and also been helped by poor offensive performances. The Broncos will not make the playoffs. 8-8 sounds about right. Cassel wont be back he was put on IR and out for the season. However, I am hoping that Orton is up to speed by them. I look forward to him playing his former team
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Tebow Time