Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Tebow Time      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 126
Tebow TimePage 6 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
I still don't believe that he can keep up with an opponent that can put some points on the board and don't see how the Denver D will keep the game close against the Pats.

Though I think I agree with that; I would like to state that "Champ Bailey" "Brian Dawkins" and "Alex Dummerville" are real big dogs, with big teeth, that the rest of the division VERY much hopes.....do not wake up. All areas of D are covered. Top caliber: DB, LB, 'and' SS ALL playin at peak!!? Stealing balls, stuffin plays, and knocking folks out!?

UHoh

Is Dumerville a LB or End? Either way; he's an angry elephant on speed when he cooks!!

I was disapointed that they didn't run the option more. While they are winning by coming from behind, that is a very risky way to advance to the playoffs, and sooner or later all luck runs out.

Lol; are we talking about the Broncos fate, or the fate of a man who likes fishing and happens to have found a great odds stream to cash in on? ;P
 Sportsfreak89
Msg: 127
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/28/2011 3:50:44 PM
I've noticed something here that gives me reason to believe more that Tim Tebow will have a great career:

1. He's showing the NFL world that option offense plays can be run with the correct personnel.
2. He's showing the NFL that it takes more than pocket passing skills to be a great QB.
3. He has only one interception and one fumble in his starts this season in comparison to eight touchdown passes (Kyle Orton has this many with Denver but also had SEVEN interceptions to go with them).
4. He doesn't get rattled most of the time and plays to the whistle each and every time.
5. His leadership is about as great as you can ask for in a Quarterback. Many people forget that it takes more than being able to throw a football. Remember, there was a time in the game of American football where quarterbacks didn't throw the football at all.

Bottom line: He will surprise many people and like I said earlier, he won't do it by blowing away secondaries. Just because a few quarterbacks are successful by blowing away secondaries does not mean that's the only way to do it.
 feltersnatch
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/28/2011 3:57:22 PM
Tim Tebow is the new Doug Flutie...This 'Tebow Time' will soon be a thing of the past just like Flutie.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/29/2011 1:34:11 AM
I don't think so. Tebow is getting better and better as a QB each week and is argueably the best running QB in the league right now. If Tebow becomes a more accurate thrower he'll be a quality QB.
 ForumFilly
Msg: 130
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/29/2011 3:13:43 PM
Tim is 6'4" and weighs 245 lbs.
 TDH49
Msg: 131
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/29/2011 4:04:39 PM

Denver can win the next 4 out 5 games.
Delusional thinking, but that's to be expected from Tebow lovers.

I mean they have the Vikings next week, then Chicago (Cutler will still be out) then the patriots (that will prob be their loss) then Buffalo and KC. They can go 10-6 and win their division.
They will lose 3 of these games for sure. Stamp in losses for Pats, Buffalo, and Chicago even without Cutler. And if Cassel is back for Kc you can call that a loss also.

At best I see them finishing 8/8 and Elway drafting a quarterback for next year.

Denver is winning games for 3 reasons. Number 1 is the defence playing really really well. Number 2 is the fact that they are in a very lucky stretch where the teams they are facing can't score worth shit. The minute they cross path with a high scoring team the bubble will burst and the gig will be up.

Denver is winning in spite of Tebow. Sure he puts nice drive together at the end of a few games to put them in position to win. But it's the defence that's getting him to that position. But to hear the delusional fans talk it's all Tebow and the rest of the team sucks. When in reality it's all about the defence and the offence seriously sucks... especially at the quarterback position.
 ChrisD1957
Msg: 132
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/30/2011 6:04:24 AM

Denver is winning in spite of Tebow. Sure he puts nice drive together at the end of a few games to put them in position to win. But it's the defence that's getting him to that position

Thanks TDH...however, as I have noticed logic and Tebow dont mix. The Broncos have won because in the last 4 games they have won they allowed under 15 points per game. The defense has played extremely well and also been helped by poor offensive performances. The Broncos will not make the playoffs. 8-8 sounds about right. Cassel wont be back he was put on IR and out for the season. However, I am hoping that Orton is up to speed by them. I look forward to him playing his former team
 ChrisD1957
Msg: 133
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/30/2011 10:23:28 AM
Sorry...meant to say over the last 4 wins their defense allowed an average of 15 points a game.

I still say 8-8. The Bears defense is built on speed and plays cover 2 as it's base defense. Which means the db's are always facing the qb. They have played running qb's well., check their record against Vick. They may shut Denver out. The Patriots will roll over them without breaking a sweat. Which leaves the Bills, Vikings and the Chiefs. They will lose at least one of these, if not 2. I can see them losing to the Vikings and the Bills and would love to see the last game with Orton going back to Denver. I think he is going to light them up. I would only be mildly surprised if Denver doesnt win another game and would be shocked if they finish above .500
 ChrisD1957
Msg: 134
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/30/2011 11:12:28 AM
You could be right Pete, Their defense did play well against the Steelers but the offense has been dismal. But also would love to see it and I can always hope.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/30/2011 12:21:48 PM
Delusional thinking, but that's to be expected from Tebow lovers.

Delusional thinking? So Denver beating the Jets and chargers don't permit them being able to beat The Vikings, Buffalo and KC? How is that soo illogical? Then again i can expect that from you with Denver.

So now you are very lucky for beating teams? LOL Gee if that is the case that every game every nfl team played close and won this year was lucky. I mean come on give me a break. You're going to slam Tebow in the Broncos at every turn you get because you are soo heavily biased against them you are what is that word again? oh that's right delusional...

Oh give me a break to sit there and act like Tebow has nothing to do with the game is laughable. Yes their defense is playing great, but so what defenses win games. You going to deny the 2000 Raven's that as well when it was their great defense was the biggest reason that go them to the Superbowl too...
 ChrisD1957
Msg: 136
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/30/2011 12:47:02 PM
Sure Steel, the Ravens defense was the reason they won...Dilfer sucked (he was still better than Tebow) and the 1990 Giants had Hostetler (who also was better than Tebow) and hell I am a huge Bear fan and they had one of the best defenses of all time in 85 and McMahon was perhaps slightly better than average(he was way better than Tebow).

So instead of talking about the handful of teams who won without a quality QB, I will site the other 20 or so superbowl winners since 1985 where quarterbacks were mainly probowl in quality and even in more than a few instances hall of fame caliber ...Montana, Elway, Farve, Brady, Manning, Warner, Aikman..The point I am making is yes if the planets are aligned and your defense is an all time great....,oh yea Tampa Bay in 2002 had Johnson...he sucked (still better than Tebow), you have a chance. It also helps to have a stud at RB.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/30/2011 4:06:13 PM
I think you completely missed the point. The point was not a team about a team winning on their defense, the point was that Tebow is still one of the reasons why they are winning the games they are. I mean Denver still had that same defense when Orton was playing and Orton is a lot better QB then Tebow is passing the ball and they were still losing with Orton. So Denver's defense isn't the only reason why they are winning.
 MGMLION
Msg: 138
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/30/2011 4:36:51 PM
The Broncos last few games with Tebow at QB they won was against the struggling Jets which they score 17 points, Chiefs 17 points, Chargers 16 points and the Raiders which they scored 38 points. <- - - In that game Tebow completed 10/21 for 124 yards....No way Manning, Brady, Romo or Brees teams would score 38 points if they didn't throw over 124 yds. Palmer did have 3 INT's in that game.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/30/2011 5:05:03 PM
Yeah but look how many people threw the Broncos under ther bus before playing the Jets. Hardly anyone game them a chance and they beat them. They were underdogs playing against the chargers and they beat them too. Denver has finally designed the offense around Tebow these last few weeks and since then they have been winning. I mean everyone knows i'm a Tebow fan and i'm proud to be one, his morals and values alone I would love for that type of guy to be on the steelers, instead of a 2 time accused rapist that has a hard time keeping his penis in his pants that i can no longer defend because it disgust me. The players in Denver like him they are playing hard for him, he tries to be positive about things even when things aren't going well, he's a great guy to have on any football team to have due to those qualities alone. I mean i can name one team right now that really needs a guy like that on their team to circle around, The Eagles.
 MGMLION
Msg: 140
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/30/2011 6:16:04 PM

The teams you mentioned don't rely on the run nearly as much as Denver does. McGahee got 168 rushing that day.

True but teams that rely on their running game usually don't score 38 points in a game.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/30/2011 9:18:00 PM

True but teams that rely on their running game usually don't score 38 points in a game.

That's because teams that rely on the run usually don't need that many points in a game. The more you run the ball the longer your time of possession becomes and the faster you ware down the defense.
 ChrisD1957
Msg: 142
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/1/2011 7:58:04 AM
A good article...and this guy is a Tebow fan

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Denver-Broncos-John-Fox-Von-Miller-credit-for-turnaround-more-than-Tim-Tebow-Schein-9-112911
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 143
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/4/2011 12:46:48 PM
Watching another fourth quarter drive.

They just scored; "with" a few huge passes thrown in.

I like watching this team!
 Hawaiianluau
Msg: 144
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/4/2011 1:19:21 PM
Squeeeeeeeze out another win!?
Sweet Holy Moses.

Packers next week.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/4/2011 2:22:54 PM
Packers next week? They already played the packers, you mean Bears next week..

Playing with Madness
Msg: 146
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/4/2011 4:14:36 PM
I am one of the biggest Broncos fans out there. This game was a lot closer than it should have been today. And today, I am going to lay fault with the defense. Andre Goodman came up big when it mattered, but he was the sole reason they were in that position all game. He was burned more times than my ex wifes cooking. It was horrible. I have no idea what he was doing out there. I am glad he was able to atone for his countless mistakes.

Again, Tebow continues to show improvement every week. His passes were much better, a couple dropped passes as well. We put so much focus on Tebow and his struggles, but we should also look at the young group of receivers they have. They are all learning on the fly as training camp was non-existent this year. I feel as the season goes on and a spring trainer together under their belts they will be much better off.

So, well done "Broncos" on another well deserved team win. The next two games are going to be very tough.
 Hawaiianluau
Msg: 147
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/4/2011 6:22:37 PM
Thanks.
No idea where I got that from.
Packers play the Raiders.
Both games should be killer.

ForumFilly
Msg: 148
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/5/2011 1:59:10 AM
Oops! I was wrong. Here in Gator Country (Northern & Central Florida) we were always told that Tim was 6'4" and weighed 245. Now it seems that the Broncos list him as 6'3" and 236 lb. Sorry about the inch and 9 pound discrepancy!
 Ma.Isa
Msg: 149
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/6/2011 4:34:00 PM
I agree... he is a great passer and has lead his team. They respect him. Yes Romo and a few others can sure take notes and learn a few things from him.
 ChrisD1957
Msg: 150
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/7/2011 6:18:21 AM
A great passer? Seriously, as a passer he sucks. He insults my football senses, watching him throw the ball is painful. However, with that being said you cannot argue that he has brought a ton of intangibles with him. He has limited his turnovers and has avoided throwing the ball where it shouldnt be thrown. The defense and running game has vaulted them into contention. Midnight will still come but nothing wrong with enjoying the carriage ride.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Tebow Time