Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Tebow Time      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Hawaiianluau
Msg: 151
Tebow TimePage 7 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
What I can't believe is that this was never pointed out, or that through all of the very good coaching that he undoubtedly received, no one tried to correct that.

Au contraire.
Here's a bit of atheletic philosophy that I was just plain born into.
All these guys at the pro level and especially a guy like Tebow were, at the time they were in pop warner, little league and high school were the best players in the city, county and in some cases the best players the entire state. If you are a pop warner or little league or onto the higher level of a high school coach the last thing you want to do - because they are just soooo good and the best thing the community has ever seen - is do ANYTHING to change their style. Just one in particular that I remember is mlb shortstop Miguel Tejada. Made the flashiest plays of all time but when the easy play came he had the worst fundamentals and would routinely blow the basic play. Nobody wants to touch these guys because they are so great at that level. Then they go to college and what coach wants to fiddle with a winning player? Even though they lack the early coaching fundamentals they really are sooo good they overcome any and all obstacles thrown at them at the collegiate level. So you become the # 1 draft pick in the NFL and suddenly are face to face with the likes of Lawerence Taylor, Ronnie Lott and Ray Lewis. Normally what happens is those lacking in the elementary fundamentals end up being the not so superstars they were before. Tebow is still an open book in that manner and leaves many wondering when (and or if) it will all catch up to him.

Along the same lines it's expected that Peyton and Eli would have perfect mechanics because of being instructed since the age of 2 by Archie.

Once in a great while a superb coach will come along and tell a superstar to be you suck, this is how to do it. Might be able to reference some examples probably a Lombardi or Wooden type.
 Hawaiianluau
Msg: 152
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/7/2011 8:18:55 PM
You are trying to tell me that this kid, as a kid, was so good that basically he intimidated all of the coaches he came in contact with?

Not necessarily intimidated but under incompetent instruction compared to his level of expertise and talent at that early an age. Happens every day in all walks of life. It is also evident and visible in an amazingly high number of professional athletes in all sports. It's also the only explanation for what you say about Tebow, unless you can come up with a better one but I've observed the same phenomenon throughout the sporting world for many a moon.

Your girl sounds like an amazing athlete and kudos. As you read what I said all is well and good until they reach the professional ranks and face the likes of.... Butkis, Lambart and .... idunno you pick this time.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 153
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/7/2011 8:59:26 PM
Once in a great while a superb coach will come along and tell a superstar to be you suck, this is how to do it. Might be able to reference some examples probably a Lombardi or Wooden type.

The Big Tuna is renowned for doing that

What happened with my daughter.......... She took up golf.... for a few years, then took up surfing, then took up skiing, then took up snowboarding. She got very good at all of those activities, but never got great at any of them. At least TT stuck with one sport

She single, and age appropriate by any chance?
 Hawaiianluau
Msg: 154
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/7/2011 9:15:25 PM
^^^
Well I guess anyone able to keep LT from maiming the entire opposing offense would fall into that category.

BigNateC103
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/7/2011 10:29:13 PM

I also think that Womens Fast Pitch softball could be a very viable professional sport. Not nearly as big as MLB, but surely much less of a joke than the WNBA is........... Womens fastpitch softball is a very exciting sport when played at a high level.

No one would care about that any more than the WNBA, if not less. Im not a sexest dude by any means, god knows there are some women out there that could kick my ass haha, but women just dont have the athetisism that men have and because of that they will always be a lot less fun to watch.

ChrisD1957
Msg: 156
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/8/2011 8:22:05 AM
I used to love watching the Bears play about 20 years ago, as on the sidelines, there would be****Butkis, pacing back and forth....... I remember one player from the other team being interviewed after the game, and he said something to the effect that just about the only thing he was worried about is if Butkis would lose it and come charging into the game. He just had this fierce look............. I still rank him as the #1 defensive player of all time. He just played like his life was dependant on every down.
....Guys PLEASE! First of all it is Butkus not Butkis, second it is 40 years ago....he retired in 1973. Yes we are that old!

Heres a story for you. Doug Buffone tells it. The Bears were getting their ass kicked. There was less than a minute left in the game. Butkus calls a time out. Buffone says to Butkus "What the hell are you doing, let's get the hell out of here." Butkus doesnt answer. Buffone said he figured out why he called time out. Butkus lines up 10 yards off the line of scrimmage and takes a running start and hits the center with a forearm under the chin. Butkus wanted one last shot at the center.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 157
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/8/2011 10:04:14 AM

Seeing how you live in Canada.... sorry. She is single, but are you sure you would want to get involved with a girl whose mother and grandmother taught her that unless the sign above the store says "Nordstroms", don't even bother going in...............

I'm not familiar with Nordstroms; so I may simply be too ignorant for her!!

She sounds amazing btw Paul

You seem like a nice guy, find a nice girl.........................

Thank you sir

PS I like Canada, please don't take that negatively, but it is what I refer to as GUD... Geographically Un Desireable...... too far away. Besides, she is a California girl.

1. Agreed

2. Quit teasing.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 158
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/8/2011 10:16:44 AM

Nordstroms is famous for their shoes......... Very expensive shoes....... it is a very high end, large, department store that prides itself on fashion, quality and service, and carries all the brand names. I go their once a year to check out their mens shirt sale, they have shirts as low as $60.00. Imagine that. I think that they started out in Seattle, Wash.

Great price for sweet shirts!!

I have a few Boss n Company myself.

As for the shoes; I'm sure I can dedicate a few Saturdays a month doing inventroy and unloading trucks?

You would make a fine father in law sir; getting lazy of mind and action would not be an option....and that's a real big plus

Hawaiianluau
Msg: 159
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/11/2011 4:21:33 PM
You've got to be kidding me!
 ChrisD1957
Msg: 160
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/11/2011 4:52:30 PM
Bears must want tebow to win too. That was about as pathetic as I've seen as a bears fan
 ForumFilly
Msg: 161
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/11/2011 5:15:21 PM
Yeah, Chicago sure must want the Broncos to make the playoffs. They were such a big help in Denver winning. Maybe Tebow, Prater and the rest of the Broncos do have assistance from above!
 ForumFilly
Msg: 162
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/11/2011 5:19:15 PM
That's true, Skoochie. The Bears gave the Broncos an early Christmas present.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/11/2011 6:44:08 PM
Doesn't matter in the end Tebow wins again!

Playing with Madness
Msg: 164
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/11/2011 7:43:43 PM
They just announced a new Bond Movie!

It's starring Tim Tebow and preliminary reports indicated the movie will be titled:

"Never Say Never"
 Playing with Madness
Msg: 165
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/11/2011 7:49:04 PM
One last thing! Those who say the Bears gave this to the Broncos I call BS.

Yes, Barber did end up making several huge mistakes that in the end cost them. I would like to point out that D. Johnson did his best to throw away the game too with numerous drops. He did atone for it when it matter. Back to Barber, karma is a b*tch. There was not way that was a catch in overtime, what the replay booth officials were doing is beyond me. More than likely recovering from the stroke they suffered with the effort that the Bronco's put forth once again.

Defence was great today!
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/11/2011 7:59:24 PM
All i got to say is FU John Elway. After him basicly pushing Tebow out of the locker room this past season and didn't want anything to do with him, now all of a sudden he is on his bandwagon, because he is winning games. What a poser, I never liked Elway and this is the reason why.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 167
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/11/2011 8:46:14 PM
I don't watch much NFL and hadn't seen any games this year. But I kept hearing about Tebow - there was even a NY Times editorial about him today. So I watched some of the game (sorry, not an NFL fan - couldn't make it through a whole game). Anyway, I wasn't much impressed with Tebow (though I did miss the second half and overtime), but was very impressed by Denver's offensive line. I'm kind of shocked they started 1 and 4 with all the time Tebow was getting. You've got a hell of an O-line there in Denver.
 Playing with Madness
Msg: 168
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/11/2011 9:18:19 PM
Actually the line had a lot of problems to start the season off. They have some rookies and second year players up there. They have gelled great and are preforming amazing.

Tebow is a second half player, always skip the first half. On that note, I liked how the Bears deferred the kick off until the second half to try and thwart the momentum that Denver usually brings in the second half.
 ChrisD1957
Msg: 169
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/12/2011 5:59:48 AM

One last thing! Those who say the Bears gave this to the Broncos I call BS.

You can call it BS if you want and you couldnt be more wrong, with 5 minutes left the game was over. It took a combination of monumental physical and mental mistakes to allow Denver back into the game. The Bears without their starting quarterback and starting running back playing in Denver and held them to 10 points and had the game won.
The Bears at best when 100% healthy are a second tier team and nowhere near the elite status of Green Bay, New Orleans, Pittsburgh or New England. Enjoy this all you want. It will take divine intervention for this team to win a championship with Tebow as quarterback.
 ChrisD1957
Msg: 170
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/12/2011 7:12:53 AM
Yes Pete I did...I would hope and do believe they are kidding. I would also hope that God isnt sitting in the clouds wearing a Tebow jersey but heck I am at a lost to explain the happenings over the last 6 weeks.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/12/2011 9:55:21 AM

Enjoy this all you want. It will take divine intervention for this team to win a championship with Tebow as quarterback.

Depends upon what championship you are talking about, being AFC West champions is very much in their grasp.

Do I see The Broncos getting past The Raven's or the Steelers in the playoffs? No. Tebow hasn't face a defense like these 2 defenses yet. Tebow hasn't face the top run defenses in the league like these 2 defenses and Tebow hasn't face the two best free safties in the league like both defenses have with Polamalu and Reed. I don't think any level headed person is expecting them to beat any of these two teams in the playoffs, but anything can happen in the NFL on any given Sunday, i just wouldn't bet the farm by any means that the Broncos could beat any of these two teams in the playoffs.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos beat the Patriots this Sunday though. Patriots have the worst defense in the league and Denver's defense can keep pace with Patroits offense. So i think this game is going to be a lot closer then many people think.
 ForumFilly
Msg: 172
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/12/2011 2:02:52 PM

Maybe Tebow, Prater and the rest of the Broncos do have assistance from above!

Chris, didn't you read the above quote from ForumFilly in message #231? Perhaps some already believe that there is some divine intervention in the works here.

Yes Pete I did...I would hope and do believe they are kidding. I would also hope that God isnt sitting in the clouds wearing a Tebow jersey but heck I am at a lost to explain the happenings over the last 6 weeks.

I was being facetious when I said the above statement. Even Tim has said numerous times that he is sure God has more important things to worry about than the outcome of football games. I, personally, think the reason they are winning is due to Tim's incredible work ethic, team leadership and his ability to make his team believe they CAN win. It's amazing what a person or a team can do when they truly believe in themselves.
 Hawaiianluau
Msg: 173
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/12/2011 6:02:49 PM

but at least he seems to know when to throw and when not to throw.

Can't get much better a ratio than 2 int's to 11 TD's.
 MGMLION
Msg: 174
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/12/2011 6:25:47 PM
It amazes me how Tony Romo can play his ass off for 3 3/4 Qtrs and somehow with 3 to 4 minutes left to play and the team ahead collapses at the end and lose the game.........While Tebow just sits back until the last 3 to 4 minutes left in the game plays his ass off and brings his team back from behind to win the game...
 Playing with Madness
Msg: 175
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/14/2011 7:06:49 PM
Pete

Just wanted to let you know that Tebow actually has put up a greater number than 141.3 this year and that came against the Vikings. Tebow's QB rating for the game was 149.3.

Source:

http://www.nfl.com/player/timtebow/497135/gamelogs

Granted he is not putting up those numbers each week, then again neither is Romo. Comparing those two QB's is like apples to oranges, just two different styles.

This week will be a big test for the defense. They have to stop the high scoring Patroits. Last time a high powered offense showed up it was not pretty, then again that was 6 weeks ago and the defense was just starting to gel. This week I do not think it is about Tebow and how he will do, I am sure he will do fine against the Patroits defense, it's the defense that is going to have to slow them down.

Go Broncos Go
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Tebow Time