Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Tebow Time      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 201
view profile
History
Tebow TimePage 9 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)

higher yds per carry average

That's not attempts that avg yards per carry thus is where the 5.8 figure comes in.

My list was based on what the argument in which he presented was based on which his rebuttle was in regards to the avg yard per carry figure i displayed during my first reply in ragards to his rushing avg per carry. So no it's not

lol now my list is weak when you were referring to rushing yards per avg. lol way to backyourself into a corner there.

second of all no there is not we aren't talking avg in general we are talking this year yds/a already showed that.

You're argument was based on rush yards avg with qb's you now you go well of course he looks better lol so we go from 8 qb's to now of course he looks better because no qb rushes?

Um there is nothing wrong with it you stated that there were 8 qbs that had a bett rush attempt rating and i clearly showed you that there isn't, yeah what's wrong with that picture.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/19/2011 8:53:32 PM
What don't you get?

Msg: 280

higher yds per carry average

You said higher yds per carry avg and not more attempts per avg, two diff things. There is no such thing as yds/att they are counted as two diff stats.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/19/2011 9:38:31 PM
That was a typo. Attempts is the key word here in which you didn't say in your post on msg 280. it's pretty clear cut and dry you said yds per carry average which is diff than Attempts. Speaking of not even making any sense what the heck is yards per attempt, that's not even a stat it's either attempts or avg yards per carry. No it's not the same, thus is why ATT and YDS/A are in two diff colunms as shown here...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/rushing/sort/longRushing

hoopsnhikes
Msg: 204
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/20/2011 4:59:30 AM

Speaking of not even making any sense what the heck is yards per attempt, that's not even a stat it's either attempts or avg yards per carry. No it's not the same, thus is why ATT and YDS/A are in two diff colunms as shown here...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/rushing/sort/longRushing

Yards per attempt is the same as the 3rd column (YDS/A) column in your link. It's the second column divided by the first column. Avg yards per carry is the same thing, it's just a different way of saying it.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/20/2011 7:14:16 AM
I don't know you tell me you are the one that said it. lol

<div class="quote">yards per attempt

Uh no that would be like saying passing yards is the same as completetions. I mean the section is broke down for a reason are you going to call espn liars? lol

Where did i start talking about QB passing attempts? lol

No it's not that's why the separate them or else they would combine them at a / in which they don't. YDS/"A" stands for avg not attempts and ATT are in two diff sections. unless you want to tell espn they made a mistake then it is what it is.
 ChrisD1957
Msg: 206
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/20/2011 7:22:26 AM
Has this turned into a comparison of running quarterbacks? One thing all running quarterbacks have in common is that they do not win championships. The only one that had a significant amount of attempts would be Young in 1994. He also had a passer rating of 112.8 and threw for almost 4000 yards.

I dont think anyone could question Tebow's athleticism or his ability to gain yards running. I do not think that is the issue. Isnt the issue as to whether he can be a quality quarterback in the Nfl? If he continues completing less than half of the passes he throws he will not win consistently in the Nfl. He simply is not accurate. I dont know if accuracy can be coached.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 207
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/20/2011 7:36:10 AM
Colorado company is making Tebrew Beer in honor of Broncos QB Tim Tebow. And just like Tebow, the beer is said to be all foam, no substance.

Tebrew beer honors QB Tim Tebow

December 16, 2011|Steve Greenlee, Globe Staff

Just in time to celebrate their home team's upcoming 38-10 drubbing at the hands of Tom Brady, a Colorado brewery is debuting a beer that honors overhyped, overrated Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow. The beer, called Tebrew: The Sunday Sipper, is an American barleywine ale made by Bonfire Brewing Co. It won't be widely available, however. Bonfire has made only 150 gallons of the stuff and is neither bottling it nor shipping kegs anywhere. Tebrew will be served only on draught at the brewery's tap room in Eagle, Colo. It starts flowing at 2 p.m. Sunday, and if the beer's hype matches the quarterback's, it could very well be gone before halftime -- around the same time the Broncos' hopes of beating the Patriots will also be gone.

http://articles.boston.com/2011-12-16/lifestyle/30525483_1_barleywine-beer-denver-broncos-quarterback

If you missed it:

Tim Tebow SNL Sketch

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/7879950/tim_tebow_snl_sketch/
 hoopsnhikes
Msg: 208
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/20/2011 8:17:07 AM

YDS/"A" stands for avg not attempts and ATT are in two diff sections.

This is getting confusing as I don't know who you're responding to or what you're trying to say.

Yes, the calculated value of "YDS / A" will give the "average" - the average yards per attempt (or average yards per run).

The "A" in YDS/A stands for attempt. Yds / Average (Yards per Average), if that's what you're saying, wouldn't make sense.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/20/2011 8:39:26 AM
My mistake you are right i can admit when i'm wrong unlike some people lol.
Tebow is getting better with each week the guy has shown improvement in his throwing motion and his ability to throw the long ball over the past 6 games. I don't think he is great but he is on his way to be a really solid QB in this league and he can do one thing that many QB's in this league can't do and that's run out of the pocket and make big plays with his feet.
 MGMLION
Msg: 210
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/20/2011 10:02:17 AM
The Broncos should use Tebow more in the Wildcat offense...The perfect formation for him.
 ChrisD1957
Msg: 211
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/20/2011 12:52:45 PM
Arm strength was never really the issue. The scouts always had his arm strength as a positive. His problem was his throwing motion, it tends to loop. With the speed in the Nfl that extra motion gives the dbs and lbs a real advantage. He tried to change his throwing motion at the combine but it casued a pause in his delivery. Then there is his accuracy, he isnt.

I was planning on ignoring you because your comments are basically drivel. But I cant let this one slide.

Tom Brady is brilliant because he finds check downs consistently.

What the hell are you talking about? Brady averages 8.7 yards per attempt second in the Nfl behind Brees. His leading receiver is Welker with 104 catches next is Gronkowski with 75. Those arent check downs
 ChrisD1957
Msg: 212
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/20/2011 3:28:35 PM
Welker is a possession receiver. That is not the issue, the comment that was being responded to was this gem "Tom Brady is brilliant because he finds check downs consistently." Hitting a crossing route or hitting a deep out is not a check down. The route that probably requires the most arm strength is the deep out. Arm strength and a quick release are necessary to hit this pattern. What makes Brady great is his read, his recognition, his decision, his release, and most of all his accuracy.

Quarterbacks with average to below average arm strength can throw to a receiver running a fly if they throw it early enough and put enough air under it.
 Playing with Madness
Msg: 213
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/20/2011 3:33:55 PM
Tebow will never win with half you people out there.

You were bashing him when they were winning and saying it was all the defense. Okay, fair enough! Now when they lose and the defense gives up 40+ points it's Tebow's fault because he did not score 50+ points in the game. Damned if you do, damned if you don't!

The defense was miserable, I thought I saw Moses in the stand parting the Blue and Orange sea while wearing a Pat's jersey.

As for Tebow, he could not be in two places at once. He saw the writing on the wall in the fourth quarter and instead of trying one of those miracle comebacks, he was concentrating on the Raiders game helping guide the Lions to a victory.

Haters are going to hate!
 MGMLION
Msg: 214
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/20/2011 3:41:22 PM

"Tom Brady is brilliant because he finds check downs consistently."

Any QB can find and hit the check down receivers...If he can't do that then he just can't play the QB position.
 DartmouthRunner
Msg: 215
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/20/2011 4:19:26 PM

You were bashing him when they were winning and saying it was all the defense. Okay, fair enough! Now when they lose and the defense gives up 40+ points it's Tebow's fault because he did not score 50+ points in the game. Damned if you do, damned if you don't!

That's the thing, when the defense is having a bad day, you have to expect the QB to step up to the plate and rack up the score. Actually, look at the Pats. Their defense is not the best, or even close to being the best, but Brady and company comes out with guns blazing most games.

I think the point that people were trying to make was that Tebow has been given so much credit when it was the defense that was really bailing that team out. It just was shown that when they have a bad game, and they all do, Tebow and his offense was not up to par to have a shootout with the Pats.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 216
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/20/2011 6:46:38 PM
2 out of the 3 fumbles weren't tebows fault, their defense that gave up 40+ points weren't tebows fault. So i don't know who is blaming this on Tebow. Tebow held his ground i thought better than expected against the pats. He's learning he playing better football now then he was 4 games ago and his throwing motion and ability to throw long passes has kept improving each game. Is he Denvers future QB? Time will tell but if he puts Denver in the playoffs he'll be their starter going into next season no doubt.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 217
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/20/2011 6:49:38 PM
I'm one of those who thinks that QBS SHOULD use the 5-8 yard passes as much as possible!!

It: advances the ball, eats the clock, keeps your o line fresh, tires the hell out of those LBs, and tempts the dbs to start cheating up...when WHAM...Michael Irvin 65 yards for the TD.

Tebows pretty good; but his WR core isnt that stellar. They need to make some huge changes to get Tebow to Hall of Fame material; and that doesnt look so likely.

Just my .02

Tim Tebow does what it takes to win, not what it takes to look good

I agree.

The guy makes great decisions.

ON his arm strength and throwing prowess? Who cares; what does he have to do to win? Does he do it, and NOT make mistakes that lose? Does he rally the troops well? My position is that he's a great QB; end of story.

GO BLUE N WHITE!!
 ChrisD1957
Msg: 218
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/21/2011 7:10:07 AM

Well, Tim Tebow is still around for the conversation and/or debate on his skills to continue. Young Timmy from Florida, it seems, has left the Forums. Bye Timmy.

Funny stuff...actual I think it was more getting booted from the forums. I think when they just leave they show no profile. All of little timmys posts have been purged.
 ForumFilly
Msg: 219
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/22/2011 1:59:27 PM
Oh, I'm glad to know it wasn't me everyone was putting down since I live in Florida too and I guess this 'Timmy' posted right after one of my posts. Whew! Couldn't figure out what I said that caused such an uproar except that I'm a die-hard Tebow fan. Tim may not have all the skill sets necessary to be a great QB right now but if anyone can work at attaining them, he has the desire and ability to do so.
 TDH49
Msg: 220
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/24/2011 4:28:30 PM
They will go to Bills next week and get their ass handed to them again by a very weak bills team. And we can put an end to this silliness about this clutz being a NFL quarterback over the long haul.
Who wrote that? the guy that wrote that last week must be some kind of fortune teller? Oh wait that was me with my bad self.

WHERE THE HELL ARE ALL YOU TEBOW TIME FANATICS? that thud you hear is that below average quarterback falling off the pedestal you people had him on. How far the imaginary mighty has fallen.

Tim Tebow 13/30 for 185 yards 1 td and 4 ints...Quarterback rating 35.4 .

The last 2 weeks pretty much sums up my argument as to why this guy will never be a nfl starter. If his team gets behind and he is forced to throw the ball he turns into a total embarassment. It really was pitiful to watch out there today. Talk about the bloom falling off the rose.

Truth is with him at quarterback you can write off half your games every year because of his inability to play catch up. At best you can expect nothing but years of 6/10 record and 3rd or 4th in a very weak division.

For him to make the playoff it has to be the perfect storm. Like this year when everybody else is falling over themselves trying to lose.

But they will back into the playoffs this year even if they lose next weekend. And they will get hammered by the steelers in the first round. By mid season next year Elway will be looking for a quarterback and even you fanatics will be screaming for this bum to get traded or benched.

4 of the broncos final 6 drives in the football game ended in interceptions. 2 were run back for pick sixes. Can you say deer caught in a head light little boys and girls? I knew you could.

Want to see a real running quarterback in action? Watch clips of what Cam Newton did today. Talk about electric.....
 earthlingsRevenge
Msg: 221
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/24/2011 5:19:25 PM
I guess Buffalo Bills players tonight will have

T-BONE steaks

for dinner.

4 interceptions??? puuulleeaase.
Bad day or overrated? I think he's not even rated yet.
 ForumFilly
Msg: 222
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/24/2011 6:09:39 PM
I don't care what you say, I'm a Tebow fan and always will be. There is no reason he can't improve and I truly believe he will. What happened to the Denver defense that didn't stop the Bills from scoring?

I don't care whether he remains a QB or gets switched to fullback or what position he plays, I will always be a fan.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 223
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/24/2011 7:47:06 PM
OOHHH NNOOO!!

No win, no fourth quarter comeback, AND interceptions!!

The horror!!

Denver needs to find a new QB FAST!!

Truth is with him at quarterback you can write off half your games every year because of his inability to play catch up.

colt8301
Msg: 224
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/26/2011 5:41:14 AM

And so it came to be, that on the eve of the Celebration of his Saviour's Day of Birth, the Tebow became the salvation of the good people of the city by the lake. For the Tebow came to town of Buffalo, and he looked into the faces of it's people and he saw their desperation and futility, and the Tebow said that this should not be. And so the Tebow pondered and saw that his team would still hold the tiebreaker should they lose to the Bills and the Tebow came to realize that he had the chance to save a city and keep countless hordes of depressed Buffaloites from drowning themselves in Lake Erie over their hopelessness. And so it came to be that the Tebow, in the spirit of giving and compassion decided to gift wrap not one, but two pick-6's, on consecutive passes, for the people of Buffalo in so that they might be of good spirit and be of cheerful heart and sing praises to the Tebow's Saviour. Amen.

classic.
 ChrisD1957
Msg: 225
Tebow Time
Posted: 12/26/2011 6:42:13 AM
very funny Pete!
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Tebow Time