Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > A "boyfriend" and we haven't even met??? Huh???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 56
A boyfriend and we haven't even met??? Huh???Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
IF

You have no clue how many problems in communication this has caused; when it hasnt been noted.

The word "iffy" is probably said by people who get stressed about the recognition of an unknown. Not sure why; but they prefer to not hear/read "ifs". Seriously; a huge percentage of people miss this word (often) . Perhaps they do this to avoid the fact that a choice, made by them, comes into play anywhere in their life? (odds are...)

But ya; people who can ONLY understand black...or white...often can't seem to understand the word "if".

If you hear someone use the word "iffy"; try throwing them an "if" bomb; see if they get it!! If they do NOT; have some fun and throw some OTHER cause/effect, and logic games out there.

I really hope they don't fail those too, but, I'm willing to bet....they would.

LOGIC......one of those things not everyone grasps.

*shrugs*

Whatcha gonna do hu....c'est la vie
 Kariann71
Msg: 57
A boyfriend and we haven't even met??? Huh???
Posted: 10/28/2011 6:16:02 AM
Just from my own personal experience I've found that men who call themselves your boyfriend before you've even met in person are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too immersed in the fantasy-world of the internet and are usually not someone you'd want as a real boyfriend in reality. Just my 2 cents...
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 58
Posted: 10/28/2011 12:50:15 PM
MMMMM, ya, it's wierd for you OP though i know you are no longer caring, andit was wierd when it happened to me. Met a dude from another site, we exchanged email addys and messenger info to talk easier. Two chats later he tells the site we are bf/gf. That didnt bother me, i laughed about it, since he also announced he was my doctor, that i needed to go visit him for my checkups, and he was my financial advisor, though he had not a penny to his name, and that he loved me more than anyone ever could. Kicker? We STILL haven't met!!

Why not?

quick attachment means desperate

I would just like to inform all the ladies that are seeking their knight in shining armour; that "love at first site" has now officially been declared "dead".

We are currently doing our best to recussitate; but it's looking pretty terminal.
 redkatt
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2012 4:32:27 PM
Yes this has happened to me before. I hate to say this but that kind of thing is a red flag to me and pretty much stops me in my tracks. It comes across as very needy and a bit desperate. Neither of which traits are particularly flattering. Plus I find it kind of creepy!

I have a firm rule, there is no relationship until we meet (in other words it doesn't count until we meet).
 jamieson42
Msg: 60
Posted: 1/1/2012 4:54:26 PM
I'm sure he was just being optimistic! lol! maybe he was fishing to see how you would respond to the idea! sure you haven't met yet!! I wouldn't write him off yet.. maybe he is just a hopeless romantic.. but then again... maybe he is a clingy phsyco.. lol!

Happy fishing! hope I didn't scare you!
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 61
Posted: 1/1/2012 5:22:35 PM
i had that experience with a girl in Michigan last year. turns out, she was just playing around with me and needed friends.
 genia36
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2012 7:33:31 PM
Yes I had a man in my life like that. He is on here now under 3 different names. Seems he leads women on and tells them that they are his GF. Now he has never met any of these women and will not ever. Good luck with this guy.
 attitude17
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/4/2012 6:14:06 AM
Must be me... He stated "if"! He must be a psycho, actually stating what he would like if you two actually "hit it off"...I wish more men were like this.
 windchymes
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2012 6:27:36 AM
I didn't read pages 2 & 3, so if I missed something, forgive me.

I think he's into you and was feeling you out to see how you felt about him.

I also think a lot of you are being a little hard on him. Let anyone who hasn't said something dumb when you were giddy in like with someone and trying to be witty and impress them cast the first stone.
 kasandroid
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/4/2012 10:52:25 PM
^^^^^lol golly maybe thats another ploy, pretending there might be a possibility of being her boyfriend and all, if they meet, if she drops her pants.................................
 VirtuallyLove
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/5/2012 7:08:32 AM
I agree with WIP that it was a bit premature. I also agree with some of the guys that he did say "IF," and therefore has something of an out.

If a woman said that to me, I would definitely be a bit put-off. Not to the point of breaking contact - I think that' would be a tad premature (being an eager-beaver isn't the worst of crimes) - but to the point of feeling a tad wary.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > A "boyfriend" and we haven't even met??? Huh???