Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Forgotten wallet leads to disaster      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Think_ill_Pass
Msg: 94
Forgotten wallet leads to disasterPage 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I defined our standings in the financial hierarchy because I felt it would give others insight into her state of mind when this happened, which it did. She knew this about me, so I was giving you the same information.

At this point I do not want to take her back. I have had enough time to digest what really went down and I agree that she was just looking for a way out. She knew I didn't meet some standard she had. I just wish people would speak their minds instead of beating around the bush and tormenting everyone...

Oh well.

NEXT!
 home_osorio
Msg: 95
Forgotten wallet leads to disaster
Posted: 10/15/2011 7:13:42 PM
I defined our standings in the financial hierarchy because I felt it would give others insight into her state of mind when this happened, which it did. She knew this about me, so I was giving you the same information.

At this point I do not want to take her back. I have had enough time to digest what really went down and I agree that she was just looking for a way out. She knew I didn't meet some standard she had. I just wish people would speak their minds instead of beating around the bush and tormenting everyone...

Oh well.

NEXT!

give me her phone number. i will text her and tell her that it really was an honest mistake. i bet she will take you back in a jiffy.

and you can thank me for that! trust me a stranger. for real. am serious.
 Vannili
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2011 1:27:37 AM
Miss Petunia,
USER forgot his wallet with his credit/debit/ driver licence in his dirty pants, to be sent to the dry cleaner, ooh , I'll take that back, he decided he don't like the khaki pants so he change it to gray pants.. NO,NO, NO< he did not confide with me just my imagination working...
 MikeWM
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2011 4:04:33 AM

She knew I didn't meet some standard she had. I just wish people would speak their minds instead of beating around the bush and tormenting everyone...

I dont think she was necessarily beating arount the bush, she was just using you to feed her as repayment for the "honour" of being given the privelidge of beating around some uptown high quality bush till someone more in her league came along, which may have been who was texting infact

You just breached the terms of the unwritten contract of how "peasants" should worship benevolent **** charity from socialites seemingly at the same time your replacement was showing interest

Bad timing, good outcome IMO
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2011 4:29:50 AM
One thing to be remembered is, wealthy people don't get or STAY wealthy by giving more than they recieve...quite the opposite. Their money is only spent for image that will bring power (real or imagined). Any money they spend is expected to bring a greater return, and if it doesn't...the investment is met with hostility. It's a mindset they all have in common, whether they show it or not. The occasional philanthropy displayed is always done with an ulterior motive....usually to gain more recognition to position themselves to aquire more money or tax breaks. Anytime they engage with people of what they consider a class below them....those people are considered prey. I know of no exceptions to this rule.
 good_catch77
Msg: 99
Posted: 10/16/2011 9:24:32 AM
If it was the 1st few dates I could understand the wallet just being a excuse and that he did it on purpose. But after a month or even 2 of paying and with past dates being a basis of yeah he probably just forgot it. Then I'd give him the benefit of the doubt....If it was a test to see how she would react then he found out rather quickly what type of woman he's dealing with. A greedy one that even though she makes more than him, if not substantially, still would expect the man to pay for everything....red flag next.

But now that's out of the way. I think that this was just a excuse for her to blow you off. She's found her another guy that makes as much as she does. I really don't see a forgotten wallet as a reason to break it off. Like I said date 1 yeah, date 6 or so after 1 or 2 months no....

If she does have the problem presented that she thinks men will take advantage of her wealth and don't want a gold digger, she's probably had that happen before so anything that makes the red flag rear its ugly head means that its over. Ya know just as well as I do if someone gets one bad apple for the most part they all are bad....right?
 ChrisS1964
Msg: 100
Posted: 10/19/2011 6:55:10 PM
Im gonna have to agree with *Army Mom*, losing your wallet or getting pick-pocketed, maybe, but I dont think very many men would walk out the door without making sure they have their wallet, sorry
 cin____dy
Msg: 101
Posted: 10/19/2011 9:44:37 PM
You should have gone to your house and got your wallet as soon as you left or stopped at an ATM.
 crystal1922
Msg: 102
Posted: 10/19/2011 10:00:15 PM
You people act like it isn't common to forget things. I forget my wallet at home all the time, lol. I get down the road, I'M LIKE OH SNAP, I have to turn around. I need to start carrying a purse again.

I'm glad things worked out for ya.
 totalazzhole
Msg: 103
Posted: 10/26/2011 7:40:39 AM
she decided she wanted new man-ho/gigolo?

funny that your user-name includes the word "user" and you have this story, lol
 SleepyMcGee
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2011 9:35:29 PM
You should really examine why you'd want to pursue a relationship with such a raging ****.
 CrazyCanuckz
Msg: 105
Posted: 10/27/2011 5:54:36 AM

Last night she asks if I want to get some food and so I meet her. We have a great casual dinner and when the check comes I immediately grab it. Then I reach for my wallet and Oops! I left it in my other pants when I changed.

Funny how she invites you for dinner yet you are suppose to pay. Good grief I wouldn't date a woman like her.
 MissStackhouse
Msg: 106
Posted: 10/27/2011 6:15:11 AM
OP, I think you handled the whole 'post date' thing with a lot of class and totally did the right thing.
 SimplyEric
Msg: 107
Posted: 3/3/2013 9:58:43 PM
Wrong! She invited the OP to get some food, so she has to pay. Sorry.
I fully expect women to pay the tab once in a while. What is it with this BS mentality of guys always have to pay for dinner?? is this an american thing? Where I am from, women glady pay their share when its time to go out and date.
 VolcanoKing
Msg: 108
Posted: 3/4/2013 5:08:56 AM
The one thing that stood out to me was that she was TEXTING someone while sitting there with you. That alone would turn my stomach, it's like gossiping right in front of the person.

Dump her. And dont send her any money back.

Yuck.
 Vannili
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2013 8:16:43 AM
You should have gone to your house and got your wallet as soon as you left or stopped at an ATM

How can he stop at ATM ,if he doesn't have his Debit card ? Remember he forgot his wallet in his dirty fair of pants ? If that happened to me I will let that slide and pay for the food ,It is the woman who asked him to get food, it is like she was the one who invited him.
On the other hand the OP indicate that the woman is wealthy and he doesn't much money, so ( being honest ?).............. If I were the OP, I will deliberately forget my wallet, how dare she asked me to get some food or eat out . My alibi is either forgot my wallet or I can't eat due to my toothache..
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 110
Posted: 3/4/2013 8:39:49 PM
says she doesn't care about the money. We have mostly gone out to get drinks and whatnot, no real formal dinners. We have slept together several times.

Okay, cool. That means understandable things won't be an issue.

Last night she asks if I want to get some food and so I meet her. We have a great casual dinner and when the check comes I immediately grab it. Then I reach for my wallet and Oops! I left it in my other pants when I changed.

Okay, sad excuse. However, if you've been dating for about a month, already slept together AND she motioned to meet up -- a CONVINCING response by you wouldn't be a big deal at all, considering she isn't into the whole money-thing, etc. I mean saying that you got the next date AND at a nicer place should more than make up for any BS concerns she may have had...

After the date she said I ruined her image of me and that I am just using her for her money.

Now that's BS on her part. How would it be embarrassing to her image? Did it get caught on camera, and only for those minutes, aired on national TV? Was it a first date? WTF? lol

I have to agree with other posters from over a year ago on this: She was probably wanting to break up with you... or was on the fence AT BEST but still leaning to hop out. She saw a "turnover" and she jumped on it. If she's been seeing you for a month, she knows you enough as it is. A simple "Well hey, you asked me out... but I'm paying you back anyway + taking you out to an even nicer place, because I am a man, dammit!" (with a smile) -- that would have erased any "Well I Never!" thoughts, since she's already been seeing you and have hung out with you.

Unless you never paid for anything on any of the other dates and racked up her bill on drinks then + had a totally unconvincing excuse about losing your wallet -- she shouldn't have come close to that response. At best she was on the fence -- and she had what felt like a guilt-free excuse to jump ship!
 jlynn1955
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 2:21:48 PM
You don't. Just be glad of the bullet you dodged and move on.
 Deepseaceecee
Msg: 112
Posted: 3/7/2013 4:33:03 PM
No man really forgets his wallet. You wanted her to pay as she has more money and really you are getting sex for free with a wealthier woman, how long was that going to last????....It was not an honest mistake and she knows it. She is over you and really she can do better and she will.
 Zuglo65
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 5:40:22 PM

Last night she asks if I want to get some food and so I meet her.

Stop the truck!!!
I thought whoever invites pays..Hello???
In all those who should pay, when he/she should pay thread there were many comment saying that.
 ilovehistory
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 6:29:05 PM

No man really forgets his wallet. You wanted her to pay as she has more money and really you are getting sex for free with a wealthier woman, how long was that going to last????....It was not an honest mistake and she knows it. She is over you and really she can do better and she will.

How long do you last with such a nasty personality?

I've forgotten my wallet several times over the years when going out to eat, because I often don't pay attention to little things; I'll change my pants and forget to move my stuff from the pockets of the old to the new. I've never had a woman have to pay for my meal, because I have my Visa card's number and expiry memorized. I eat out a lot, and the managers and staff of the restaurants I eat at all know me well, so they let me punch in my card number to pay if I forget my card!

I haven't gone on a date with anyone in many years, but it used to amaze women on the few occasions when it happened on dates that i had my card numbers memorized, lol.
 Quasimodo11543
Msg: 115
Posted: 3/7/2013 6:29:50 PM

Right. This is an old thread but, I'll comment anyway. I have forgotten my wallet on occasion, never on purpose. This isn't a purse the size of a breadbox, it's a wallet that you have probably grown accustomed to having in your back pocket or jacket pocket. As someone else stated in post 3 I believe, I, after her assessment of me and what my intent was, would have sent her a check for the meal, with a few extra cents. I would be mortified if I forgot it, I would be disgusted if this was the reaction I got. Forgiving one mistake is easy, being expected to forgive the same mistake over and over makes you a fool. Good lord.
 gtomustang
Msg: 116
Posted: 3/7/2013 7:33:13 PM
If money was really the issue, she'd have kept casually dating you so she could have gotten the cash back in some way.

money wasn't the ish. the real ish, out here in the countryside, is driving home without the license :)
 tnt144
Msg: 117
Posted: 3/7/2013 9:44:48 PM
I locked half my life in my car after parking for a coffee date once - both my keys and my wallet. (it's hilarious!) But the lady I met was different from your lady - she was nice. She paid the dinner tab without batting an eye. I look back at that now as a funny story. You look back in horror. Because the attitudes of the two women in question were different. God must have been on your side that day, he did you a favor. Be thankful you found out so early she was poor relationship material.

If you want a good partner for a healthy relationship that can go the distance, a good attitude is a requirement.
 Jesselia
Msg: 118
Posted: 3/7/2013 9:47:25 PM
OP, she sounds like a total snooty drama queen. You should be glad she left. Forgetting your wallet, cell phone etc is pretty common, girls do it too. If a man was that nasty to me over an honest mistake, I'd tell him to take a hike. You should have done the same. :/

Ooops just realized this thread is from prehistoric times. Oh well....
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Forgotten wallet leads to disaster